Display hours, minutes, seconds on a time-scale axis in Excel 2003

0
Saritha (6)

You can display these in the axis labels if you use the appropriate number
format. You can plot X with a resolution better than days only in an XY
chart, not in a line chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Saritha" <Saritha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
4/1/2008 8:07:24 PM
What is the appropriate number format to dispaly time in hours, minutes in an
XY chart?

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> You can display these in the axis labels if you use the appropriate number
> format. You can plot X with a resolution better than days only in an XY
> chart, not in a line chart.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> _______
>

> "Saritha" <Saritha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Saritha (6)
4/1/2008 8:51:06 PM
No need to ask the same question twice.
--
David Biddulph

> What is the appropriate number format to dispaly time in hours, minutes in
> an
> XY chart?
>
> "Jon Peltier" wrote:
>
>> You can display these in the axis labels if you use the appropriate
>> number
>> format. You can plot X with a resolution better than days only in an XY
>> chart, not in a line chart.
>>
>> - Jon
>> -------
>> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
>> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
>> Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
>> _______
>>

>> "Saritha" <Saritha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
David

Dual Displays

Outlook 2003 fails to launch
Am trying to install Outlook 2003 on a machine brought home from work. Once I launch after installation, it automatically attempts to migrate account settings, then displays an error message that reads as follows: "Failed to register a VB Script DLL. Reinstall or run Regsvr32.exe Vbscript.dll to self register. The form cache file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Robin Martinez\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\FORMS\FRMCACHE.DAT' is not valid. Contact your administrator." A dialog box then indicates the operation fails and Outlook terminates. Any thoughts on w...

How to handle blank date and time?
I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2 I am developing a database application using MS Access 2000. The problem I am dealing with is how to handle if the user does not enter the date. There is a condition where they can do that for Finish Process Date / Finish Process Time. I make the Date and Time as separate fields, both in the database and the application. On my application I use the COleDateTime data type. I have to save the blank Date and the blank Time, and I also have to acquire them back in order to display the data using the CListCtrl. What I am confusing is how to make the query? Is it...

Message stuck in queue in Exchange 2003
I have two messages that are stuck in queue of ESM. ESM doesn't give me the option to delete these messages. The sender is blank if that helps. -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator Which queue? What is the status of the messages? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message news:%23BBIwBG3EHA.1300@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >I have two messages that are stuck in queue of ESM. ESM doesn't give me >the option to delete these messages. The sender is blank if that helps. > > > > -- > Eric Sabo > NT Adm...

One more TIME
Hi all After downloading data it is presented with a decimal(period) between the hours and minutes i.e.7.20 is really 7 hours and 20 minutes. Some data appears in hundreds eg 985.35. I need to compare this data with other correctly formatted timed data ie 7:20 to establish variances. I realise that i could use Tools/Autocorrect replacing the decimal with a colon but this changes the 7.20 to 07:02 and there is the danger that I might forget to change it back later. Is there a solution? Can this be done automatically by macro etc as there is quite a lot of data. Thanks in advance. Angelo Hi ...

Folder could not be displayed

How to setup notification for Resources in Exchange 2003
We have our conference rooms setup as resources in Exchange 2003. This works very well. However, I have a person who wants to be notified every time there is an addition to the calendar... I added this person to the Forwarding Address in Active Directory. However, the automatic addition of calendar appointments does not send anything to this Forwarding address. I need to know how I can automate something to this person every time a new appointment is setup for the resource... Any ideas?? Thanks Andy ...

Excel Slooooow. It takes 4 to 6 seconds to perform each input or command
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have just installed Excel 2008 on a new installation of Snow Leopard and it does not work properly. It takes ages to register every input or command, like a large Lag. <br><br>EG. each figure or text, input into cells takes 4 seconds from hitting enter to accepting the input. Changing the width of a column takes 6 seconds from letting go of the mouse after dragging to the new width. etc etc. <br><br>I have checked for updates. Any ideas? > I have just installed Excel 2008 on a n...

How to select & display distinct values

Display Time in Outlook

In nameing a sheet in Excel it puts a .xls] in front why?
Every time I go to name a sheet it puts an .xls] in front of it and I do not know why Did you try to put brackets around the name? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "EZE" <EZE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9045E70-AD04-4C91-B223-8851A0DFE55D@microsoft.com... > Every time I go to name a sheet it puts an .xls] in front of it and I do not > know why Remove the bracket or other illegal character(s) from the workbook name. In article <C9045E70-AD04-4C91-B223-8851A0DFE55D@microsoft.com>, EZE <EZE@discussions.microsoft.com>...

serial number formula for excell sheet
hi, when im making to much rows data like more than 30 thousand, i want to put the serial number by puting formula and it put serial number with out scroll or copy system. plz help if u got it. thanks Place this in the startcell, say in A2: =ROWS($1:1) Then just drag A2 down all the way Or just double click on A2's fill handle (if the adjacent col is filled) voila? clap it, click the YES button below -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:25,000 Files:300 Subscribers:70 xdemechanik --- "Rizwan" wrote: > when im making to much rows data like m...

outlook web access 2003
web page downloads ok to my home 98SE based PC with 5.0 IE browser, but will not load ok with 6.0. The outlook web access program from work is on a 2000 Professional based server. thanks. all other webpages download ok but when i login to this remote email the page hangs up. try emptying the browser cache and if it's still a problem, repost in the owa newsgroup, http://communities2.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.exchange.clients -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for W...

Excel: Subscript shortcut
Can I create a keyboard shortcut that will apply subscript formatting to selected text in Excel? Hi Maniba, By typing extra characters you might be able to do what you want with autocorrect. Make sure is not something you would actually type for something else. You could use a macro to change them after entry, you would use superscripts but here is a a solution by David Hagar for subscripts., programming, 2002-01-22 http://google.com/groups?selm=uDg8ZVuoBHA.2284%40tkmsftngp05 --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps....

Hide rows with value "Hours"
I would like to toggle rows to hide/unhide based on the value "Hours" in column B. I think filtering is an issue to some blank seperator rows and merged cell headings. There are no merged cells involving Column B. Thanks. Public Sub ProcessData() Const TEST_COLUMN As String = "B" '<=== change to suit Dim i As Long Dim iLastRow As Long With ActiveSheet iLastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, TEST_COLUMN).End(xlUp).row For i = 1 To iLastRow .Rows(i).Hidden = .Cells(i, TEST_COLUMN).Value = "Hours" Next i End With ...

Activate my Excel 2003 but it still runs in reduce mode
My Excel 2003 is showing that it's activated but it is still running in reduce mode. what I'am doing wrong? Rightclick on the excel icon on the windows taskbar (usually at the bottom of the screen). Choose Maximize. Maybe it's just off the screen (not really minimized--just off the screen). atomicesar wrote: > > My Excel 2003 is showing that it's activated but it is still running in > reduce mode. what I'am doing wrong? -- Dave Peterson ...

PK and FK Displayed

Excel error message not understood
Has anyone ever gotten the error message "Too many different formats"? If so, what exactly does it mean and what can a user do about it? The following MSKB article has information on the error message: XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=213904 Jimbo wrote: > Has anyone ever gotten the error message "Too many > different formats"? If so, what exactly does it mean and > what can a user do about it? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

How do I shade a region between two selected points on the x axis?
In a line graph of monthly unemployment rates over many years, economists like to shade a region between 2 selected months (x axis) in order to denote a recsession. How can this be done in an Excel chart? Hello: I am sure that someone very cleaver will tell you there is an automated way to do this. But given the irregular nature of the data, and not frequently the easiest way to do it would be to dislay the drawing toolbar. Now choose the rectangle shape and draw the area you want high lighted. Once you have the area you want covered, right click the rectangle and choose format autosh...

Formulas are displayed, results are not

reading data from Excel Sheet
hi, i want to read the data from the Excel sheet using vc++6.0. How can i read it. i don't want to create any DSN thank you, regards, koti You can use the Excel.Application com object -- Satish "Koti" wrote: > hi, > > i want to read the data from the Excel sheet using vc++6.0. How can i > read it. i don't want to create any DSN > > thank you, > > regards, > koti > > > ...

Stop displaying a line

Problems saving in Excel
When trying to save a document in Excel, it says that it can't because = there's=20 not enouh memory of free disk space, although both are available. Did anyone encounter / resolve this? Thanks, Roy Schwartz In article <8eed01c47878$f80fcc10$a501280a@phx.gbl>, "Roy Schwartz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When trying to save a document in Excel, it says that it can't > because there's not enouh memory of free disk space, although both > are available. > > Did anyone encounter / resolve this? What version of XL? What ...