Display Date on Chart

Hello all,

Is there a way to link a chart to a cell on a spreadsheet that contains the
date? What I want to do is generate weekly charts on production data, and
pick up the date that's put in a cell and display it either in the chart
title or near it.
Can that be done?

Thanks,
Brian

0
nomail568 (29)

You can use a shape from the drawing toolbar>select it>in the formula box
type in =$d$18 if cell d18 contains the date

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"diablo" <nomail@mail.not> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> Is there a way to link a chart to a cell on a spreadsheet that contains
> the date? What I want to do is generate weekly charts on production data,
> and pick up the date that's put in a cell and display it either in the
> chart title or near it.
> Can that be done?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

0
dguillett1 (2487)
11/18/2006 3:52:48 PM
"Don Guillett" <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
> You can use a shape from the drawing toolbar>select it>in the formula box
> type in =$d$18 if cell d18 contains the date
>
> --
> Don Guillett
> SalesAid Software
> dguillett1@austin.rr.com
> "diablo" <nomail@mail.not> wrote in message

I tried what you suggest but I only see what I typed, =$g$1 which is the
cell that contains the date. I used a rectangle shape. I had tried this
already with a text box as well, it didn't work either.

Thanks,
Brian

nomail568 (29)
11/18/2006 4:27:40 PM
diablo:

You can link cell contents to your chart. This link shows you how to make a
dynamic title that is linked to a cell.

http://processtrends.com/pg_chart_dynamic_chart_title.htm

Kelly

koday@processtrends.com

"diablo" <nomail@mail.not> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> Is there a way to link a chart to a cell on a spreadsheet that contains
> the date? What I want to do is generate weekly charts on production data,
> and pick up the date that's put in a cell and display it either in the
> chart title or near it.
> Can that be done?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

0
dkod (205)
11/18/2006 4:49:47 PM
Hi,

Explanation with respect to the chart title, but will work will all
chart text boxes and data labels and user added textboxes.
http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm

Cheers
Andy

diablo wrote:
> "Don Guillett" <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
>
>>You can use a shape from the drawing toolbar>select it>in the formula box
>>type in =$d$18 if cell d18 contains the date
>>
>>--
>>Don Guillett
>>SalesAid Software
>>dguillett1@austin.rr.com
>>"diablo" <nomail@mail.not> wrote in message
>>

> I tried what you suggest but I only see what I typed, =$g$1 which is the
> cell that contains the date. I used a rectangle shape. I had tried this
> already with a text box as well, it didn't work either.
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

0
andy9699 (3616)
11/18/2006 4:55:02 PM
try again.
place a text box anywhere>click on it>goto the formula box>type in =d18 IN
THE FORMULA BOX >enter

--
> "Don Guillett" <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
>> You can use a shape from the drawing toolbar>select it>in the formula box
>> type in =$d$18 if cell d18 contains the date
>>
>> --
>> Don Guillett
>> SalesAid Software
>> dguillett1@austin.rr.com
>> "diablo" <nomail@mail.not> wrote in message
>>
> I tried what you suggest but I only see what I typed, =$g$1 which is the
> cell that contains the date. I used a rectangle shape. I had tried this
> already with a text box as well, it didn't work either.
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

dguillett1 (2487)
11/18/2006 4:57:10 PM
Hello, Kelly!
You wrote  on Sat, 18 Nov 2006 11:49:47 -0500:

 KO> You can link cell contents to your chart. This link shows
 KO> you how to make a dynamic title that is linked to a cell.

 KO> KO> Kelly

 KO> koday@processtrends.com

 KO> "diablo" <nomail@mail.not> wrote in message
 ??>> Hello all,
 ??>>
 ??>> Is there a way to link a chart to a cell on a spreadsheet
 ??>> that contains the date? What I want to do is generate
 ??>> weekly charts on production data, and pick up the date
 ??>> that's put in a cell and display it either in the chart
 ??>> title or near it. Can that be done?

To say it again, I live and learn!
http://processtrends.com/pg_chart_dynamic_chart_title.htm is
particularly useful since it shows a real example.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not

> try again.
> place a text box anywhere>click on it>goto the formula box>type in =d18 IN
> THE FORMULA BOX >enter
>

> --
> Don Guillett
> SalesAid Software
> dguillett1@austin.rr.com
> "diablo" <nomail@mail.not> wrote in message

Don,

Thanks for being so insistent, ;-) I wasn't hitting "enter", it worked
great.

Thanks again,
Brian

0
nomail568 (29)
11/18/2006 6:32:09 PM
Thanks for the link Kelly, I'll read up.

Brian

--

"Kelly O'Day" <dkod@comcast.net> wrote in message
> diablo:
>
> You can link cell contents to your chart. This link shows you how to make
> a dynamic title that is linked to a cell.
>
> http://processtrends.com/pg_chart_dynamic_chart_title.htm
>
> Kelly
>
> koday@processtrends.com
>

> "diablo" <nomail@mail.not> wrote in message
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Is there a way to link a chart to a cell on a spreadsheet that contains
>> the date? What I want to do is generate weekly charts on production data,
>> and pick up the date that's put in a cell and display it either in the
>> chart title or near it.
>> Can that be done?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Brian

0
nomail568 (29)
11/18/2006 6:32:50 PM
Very good site you have, thanks for the link, and your information.

Brian

--

"Andy Pope" <andy@andypope.info> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Explanation with respect to the chart title, but will work will all chart
> text boxes and data labels and user added textboxes.
> http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> diablo wrote:
>> "Don Guillett" <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>You can use a shape from the drawing toolbar>select it>in the formula box
>>>type in =$d$18 if cell d18 contains the date
>>>
>>>--
>>>Don Guillett
>>>SalesAid Software
>>>dguillett1@austin.rr.com
>>>"diablo" <nomail@mail.not> wrote in message
>>>

>> I tried what you suggest but I only see what I typed, =$g$1 which is the
>> cell that contains the date. I used a rectangle shape. I had tried this
>> already with a text box as well, it didn't work either.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Brian

0
nomail568 (29)
11/18/2006 6:33:28 PM
Very good site you have, thanks for the link, and your information.

Brian

--

"Andy Pope" <andy@andypope.info> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Explanation with respect to the chart title, but will work will all chart
> text boxes and data labels and user added textboxes.
> http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> diablo wrote:
>> "Don Guillett" <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>You can use a shape from the drawing toolbar>select it>in the formula box
>>>type in =$d$18 if cell d18 contains the date
>>>
>>>--
>>>Don Guillett
>>>SalesAid Software
>>>dguillett1@austin.rr.com
>>>"diablo" <nomail@mail.not> wrote in message
>>>

>> I tried what you suggest but I only see what I typed, =$g$1 which is the
>> cell that contains the date. I used a rectangle shape. I had tried this
>> already with a text box as well, it didn't work either.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Brian

0
nomail568 (29)
11/18/2006 6:35:34 PM
glad to help

--

> "Don Guillett" <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
>>
>> try again.
>> place a text box anywhere>click on it>goto the formula box>type in =d18
>> IN THE FORMULA BOX >enter
>>

>> --
>> Don Guillett
>> SalesAid Software
>> dguillett1@austin.rr.com
>> "diablo" <nomail@mail.not> wrote in message
>

> Don,
>
> Thanks for being so insistent, ;-) I wasn't hitting "enter", it worked
> great.
>
> Thanks again,
> Brian

0
dguillett1 (2487)

How do you do set up a hierarchy chart in PP 7
I'm trying to set up a hierarchy chart in PP7 but the template presented doesn't allow me to add boxes below with a direct line. Sometimes I get a slanted line and I can't delete it. ...

Dual Displays

How to handle blank date and time?
I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2 I am developing a database application using MS Access 2000. The problem I am dealing with is how to handle if the user does not enter the date. There is a condition where they can do that for Finish Process Date / Finish Process Time. I make the Date and Time as separate fields, both in the database and the application. On my application I use the COleDateTime data type. I have to save the blank Date and the blank Time, and I also have to acquire them back in order to display the data using the CListCtrl. What I am confusing is how to make the query? Is it...

Folder could not be displayed

Combining a regular bar chart and stacked bar chart
Hi, I have 2 y-axis data series and years for the x-axis. For each year I have side-by-side bars for the 2 different data series. For one specific year, I would like to have stacked bars. I want to combine data from the first half of the year and the second half of the year to create one bar for each data series, with the 2 portions of the data making up each bar as a different colors. Is this possible? Please help me ASAP as this is for a publication at work. Thanks. The first link on this page gives an example of the data arrangement you need to achieve this visual effect: http://pe...

how can I add 'date modfied' into a cell in excel 2002
as above Check out http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html In article <F4E52FD7-13EF-42BC-8754-D8B5F255A3E0@microsoft.com>, "Shmoo" <Shmoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > as above Thanks JE, appreciate that. "JE McGimpsey" wrote: > Check out > > http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html > > In article <F4E52FD7-13EF-42BC-8754-D8B5F255A3E0@microsoft.com>, > "Shmoo" <Shmoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > > as above > ...

Printing JUST the Charts, not the data...
Hi, I'm using Excel 2000 and have a number of worksheets with which I've created some charts (all in the same workbook). Is there a way to print the charts that doesn't involve having to highlight each chart individually? I've got some charts in the same worksheet as their source data and some that are on their own page, but that doesn't seem to matter (unless I'm missing something). Any ideas? Thanks, Shane You could use a macro like the following. It prints out each chart sheet, and each embedded chart on each sheet, as if you'd selected each chart a...

How to select & display distinct values

find and count days in blocks of consecutive dates
I need to find a way using Excel to find blocks of consecutive dates in a list and then count how many days are in each block. Any help is appreciated. Hi if i'm understanding you correctly, you can use the COUNTIF function =COUNTIF(range,">="&datevalue("lowest_date"))-COUNTIF(range,">"&datevalue("highest_date")) e.g. =COUNTIF(A1:A23,">="&DATEVALUE("2/10/04"))-COUNTIF(A1:A23,">"&DATEVALUE("4/10/04")) counts all the days between 2/10/04 and the 4/10/04 inclusive PS you might nee...

Display Time in Outlook

Statement Date
I enter my transactions manually for some of my accounts, ie utility bills. These transactions always have different payment dates, statement closing dates, service dates, etc.. Is there any way to enter the statement date on money 2007 deluze version 16.0.120.1303? I would like to do this so that I know what month I have just paid. In microsoft.public.money, OfficeNDN wrote: >I enter my transactions manually for some of my accounts, ie utility bills. > >These transactions always have different payment dates, statement closing >dates, service dates, etc.. > >Is there...

CHARTS #9
In a chart, the __________ contains markers that denote category values. In a chart, the __________ correspond to worksheet text that is used to label data. The __________ chart type illustrates data change relative to a central point. Although you can chart as many as 255 data series in a chart, a two-dimensional chart is limited to a total of 32,000 total data points. TRUE OR FALSE The __________ chart type shows the relationship between two sets of data points. You may want to double check these answers... Category Axis Category labels Radar ? XY (Scatter) -- Charlene Rains Mi...

PK and FK Displayed

Money 2007 -- QIF import
Good Evening! After a little trial and error, I am able to import account transactions from another system (not a bank statement, my actual register transactions) with little trouble except for the date format. (Before someone gets mad at me, I really don't think this has anything to do with my regional settings!) As recommended by an MVP from this forum, I open my CSV file with excel, then use a converter (add-in) called XL2QIF to create a qif output file. The actual "data" in a date field in my original csv file is "060106" (mm/dd/yy) which is June 1, 2006,...

Charts for Dummies?
I really don't want to have to learn VBA - I know enough to make out what my Excel macros are talking about, but I just do not have enough time to learn all the ins and outs of charts and graphs programming. However, my boss is not an accountant. He can read a financial statement, but I did a graph/chart thingy one day, showing one week of sales this year, vs same week last year. He really loved it, and it was far easier for him to "see" the data's values than just a bunch of numbers in rows and columns on a piece of paper. My problem is that oh-so-nice 'thingy' ...

Date validation #3
hello everybody, i am new to excel , and i want to format a particular cell such that it accepts a date and the date should BE ONLY SATURDAY. If the date is not saturday a message box should appear and say "please enter the correct date". Please let me know step by step.As i am not comfortable using excel. Thanx, Ragini. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Ragini, Use Data Validation, setup a custom criteria, and use a formula of =WEEKDAY(A1)=...

Formulas are displayed, results are not

Stop displaying a line

Watermark for Excel chart
Does anyone know how to create a watermark on an Excel Chart? Tom, You might try a few of things: (1) Activate your chart by clicking on it. Type the word "Draft" and hit the enter key. A textbox should appear with the word "Draft" on the chart. Position the textbox to where you want it to be and format it accordingly. (2) Double - click on the outside area of your chart. In the Format Chart Area dialog box, set the Area to None. Do the same with the plot area. Now, select a range on your spreadsheet that contains the text of the watermark that you want. In...

Counting against a date
Hi I want to count the rows in a range 'Tests 1' AF3:AF1000=YES if the date in the range 'Tests 1' AD3:AD1000 is (<=) less than or equal to the date in B14 (current sheet) using the following formula: =IF($B14="","",(SUMPRODUCT(('Tests 1'!$AF$3:$AF$1000=YES)*('Tests 1'!AD$3:$AD1000<=$B14)))) unfortunately this returns an #N/A error I'm clearly missing something here so any tips or pointers would be appreciated. -- Steve Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, th...

Display or not display series