display a letter in a chart

hey there,
i have a price series chart and i'm trying to dislay letters in it. eg: i
have a column with a formula that returns either B for buy or S for short.
is there a wa to have this Bs and Ss appearing on the chart right nex to my
price series?

thanks in adv.

MA
0
ALVESM (9)

On Fri, 6 Jul 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
ALVESM <ALVESM@discussions.microsoft.com> said:
>i have a price series chart and i'm trying to dislay letters in it. eg: i
>have a column with a formula that returns either B for buy or S for short.
>is there a wa to have this Bs and Ss appearing on the chart right nex to my
>price series?

Try this from Kelly O'Day's processtrends.com site:

http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_trend_with_events.htm

--
Del Cotter
del1907 (586)

do you mean you want to add labels next to the points in a chart?

Wigi
0
Wigi (97)

Pie Chart
Money requires that I enter my 99.9% bond based investment as a mutual fund rather than a bond. Consequently the pie chart summary shows I have no bond investments, which is deceiving. How do I adjust the entry or the pie chart to reflect reality? Thanks. check under the customize button.... see account and/or investment tabs.... >-----Original Message----- >Money requires that I enter my 99.9% bond based >investment as a mutual fund rather than a bond. >Consequently the pie chart summary shows I have no bond >investments, which is deceiving. How do I adjust the >e...

Dual Displays

How do you do set up a hierarchy chart in PP 7
I'm trying to set up a hierarchy chart in PP7 but the template presented doesn't allow me to add boxes below with a direct line. Sometimes I get a slanted line and I can't delete it. ...

Combining a regular bar chart and stacked bar chart
Hi, I have 2 y-axis data series and years for the x-axis. For each year I have side-by-side bars for the 2 different data series. For one specific year, I would like to have stacked bars. I want to combine data from the first half of the year and the second half of the year to create one bar for each data series, with the 2 portions of the data making up each bar as a different colors. Is this possible? Please help me ASAP as this is for a publication at work. Thanks. The first link on this page gives an example of the data arrangement you need to achieve this visual effect: http://pe...

Folder could not be displayed

How to disable auto-capitalization of first letter in Outlook eMail writing?
When I write new eMails in Outlook then always the first letter on new lines is automatically turned into a capital letter. How can I turn this "feature" off? Characters should be taken as I type them. Sven Tools, Options, Spelling tab, Auto Correct, turn it off or change the Auto Correct Options. If Word is your editor, see the instructions for auto correct in Word's Help. "Sven Claasen" wrote: > When I write new eMails in Outlook then always the first letter on new lines > is automatically turned into a capital letter. > > How can I turn this &quo...

How to select & display distinct values

Printing JUST the Charts, not the data...
Hi, I'm using Excel 2000 and have a number of worksheets with which I've created some charts (all in the same workbook). Is there a way to print the charts that doesn't involve having to highlight each chart individually? I've got some charts in the same worksheet as their source data and some that are on their own page, but that doesn't seem to matter (unless I'm missing something). Any ideas? Thanks, Shane You could use a macro like the following. It prints out each chart sheet, and each embedded chart on each sheet, as if you'd selected each chart a...

collection letter #2
I am trying to create collection letters to include all A/R detail. I have managed to include the invoice detail but this does not show any payments, returns or credit memos. Is there a way to include these? We have been using a modified trial balance as a statement to show all activity and have it aged in buckets. This requires an additional cover sheet since there is no easy way to have this report formatted to align in a window envelope. This is a time consuming task. I do not like the statements that are generated using the sales routines since that includes every transaction ...

Display Time in Outlook

PK and FK Displayed

Charts for Dummies?
I really don't want to have to learn VBA - I know enough to make out what my Excel macros are talking about, but I just do not have enough time to learn all the ins and outs of charts and graphs programming. However, my boss is not an accountant. He can read a financial statement, but I did a graph/chart thingy one day, showing one week of sales this year, vs same week last year. He really loved it, and it was far easier for him to "see" the data's values than just a bunch of numbers in rows and columns on a piece of paper. My problem is that oh-so-nice 'thingy' ...

CHARTS #9
In a chart, the __________ contains markers that denote category values. In a chart, the __________ correspond to worksheet text that is used to label data. The __________ chart type illustrates data change relative to a central point. Although you can chart as many as 255 data series in a chart, a two-dimensional chart is limited to a total of 32,000 total data points. TRUE OR FALSE The __________ chart type shows the relationship between two sets of data points. You may want to double check these answers... Category Axis Category labels Radar ? XY (Scatter) -- Charlene Rains Mi...

Can you name points on a chart in excel?
Can you make points in excel show up as a certain name when you scroll over them with the mouse arrow? Hi see: http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/chart_hover_label/index%2020 040617.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "AP" <AP@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:FB0EC939-D8FC-4E3E-BD4C-2D3FE00883C9@microsoft.com... > Can you make points in excel show up as a certain name when you scroll over > them with the mouse arrow? Is there any way of doing it without downloading software? I an not allowed to do this at work. "Frank...

Formulas are displayed, results are not

Delete Chart Event
Hi All Is it possible to detect an event when a chart is being deleted in vba? Thanks a million Kike Hi, There is no delete event. But you could try this. The Deactive event is fired when you delete a chart sheet. Trouble is the chart is still there when you are in the event so you can not tell the difference between deactivate or delete. So you use a routine to issue a OnTime call to another routine. Store a reference to the chart sheet in a module level variable. The when the ontime routine runs, about a sec or 2 later, you can check the object. If deleted it will result in an erro...

Stop displaying a line

Watermark for Excel chart
Does anyone know how to create a watermark on an Excel Chart? Tom, You might try a few of things: (1) Activate your chart by clicking on it. Type the word "Draft" and hit the enter key. A textbox should appear with the word "Draft" on the chart. Position the textbox to where you want it to be and format it accordingly. (2) Double - click on the outside area of your chart. In the Format Chart Area dialog box, set the Area to None. Do the same with the plot area. Now, select a range on your spreadsheet that contains the text of the watermark that you want. In...

Display or not display series

assigning value to a letter (Excel 97)
Hi, At my place of work we have a roster. To indicate what day you are working a letter is put in a cell for that particular day e.g O = Operational Day (11 hours) X = Normal Day (8.5 hours) A = Admin day (8.5 hours).. an so on... Your weekly hours are totaled up at the end of the week (Sat) depending on what you worked (as above). What I would like to do is assign a value to whatever letter is in the cell and in another cell somewhere in the worksheet total up the hours for that week. Sadly I have no idea how to do this. This is useful so you can work out your projected hours to ...