Disabled "Switch Row/Column" when creating chart from a pivot tabl

I have a pivot table where there are week numbers and three different data
values pr week. This I want to graph so that the weeks are on the X-axis, the
values on the Y-axis and a legend telling which of the three datasets are
which.

When I create a Line graph the weeks are put as a legend and the X-axis have
the three different datasets grouped. This is not what I want. When I go into
"the "Select data..." dialog box all the options are disabled. Why is this
and how can I get the graph to show the way I want?
0
Gunder (3)

You will need to pivot your pivot table to move the row fields to the columns
and vice versa. The pivot chart is designed to have consistentcy with the
pivot table layout, so switch row/column is not enabled for this scenario.

--
Thanks,
Christopher

"Gunder" wrote:

> I have a pivot table where there are week numbers and three different data
> values pr week. This I want to graph so that the weeks are on the X-axis, the
> values on the Y-axis and a legend telling which of the three datasets are
> which.
>
> When I create a Line graph the weeks are put as a legend and the X-axis have
> the three different datasets grouped. This is not what I want. When I go into
> "the "Select data..." dialog box all the options are disabled. Why is this
> and how can I get the graph to show the way I want?
0
chscott1 (27)

Disabled "Switch Row/Column" when creating chart from a pivot tabl
I have a pivot table where there are week numbers and three different data values pr week. This I want to graph so that the weeks are on the X-axis, the values on the Y-axis and a legend telling which of the three datasets are which. When I create a Line graph the weeks are put as a legend and the X-axis have the three different datasets grouped. This is not what I want. When I go into "the "Select data..." dialog box all the options are disabled. Why is this and how can I get the graph to show the way I want? You will need to pivot your pivot table to move the row fiel...

How I can switch row/column in pivot chart?
Hi, I have the new office 2007, in excel I try to draw pivot chart, I succeded. But I want to switch row into column and column into row. When I try to do that tis button bocomes invisible while I can do in PPT. Please help me!! Regards, Tuba Kesen Umar Pivot charts in Excel 2000 through 2007 only allow you to plot series in columns. However, you could rebuild the pivot table so that your old column fields are located in the rows area and vice versa. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "kesen...