Digital Dashboard Graph in excel?

Are there any way I can make graph in excel that resembled digital dashboard
to show performance data.
0
Apidej (1)

Hi,

I guess it depends what you mean by digital dashboard.

Here are some links to dashboard style charts
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/SpeedometerXP.html
http://www.andypope.info/charts/gauge.htm
http://www.exceluser.com/dash/index.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Apidej" <Apidej@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Are there any way I can make graph in excel that resembled digital
> dashboard
> to show performance data.

0
andy9699 (3616)
5/18/2007 9:08:03 AM
Stephen Few
(http://www.perceptualedge.com/articles/dmreview/dashboard_design.pdf)
defines a dashboard as

"A dashboard is a visual display of the most important information needed to
achieve one or more objectives, consolidated and arranged on a single screen
so the information can be monitored at a glance."

Keep in mind that the gauge-like charts in Andy's first two links are very
inefficient, and go against the above definition. (I created my version as a
hoot, to show an interesting style of combination chart, and it has drawn
inordinate attention.) They take up a lot of room to show very few pieces of
information, at one point in time. If all you did was use a line chart, you
could show the same few pieces of information over a period of time, thus
showing trends as well as one-time values.

Stephen Few (http://www.perceptualedge.com) and Charley Kyd
(http://www.exceluser.com) show effective approaches to displaying data.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Andy Pope" <andy@andypope.info> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I guess it depends what you mean by digital dashboard.
>
> Here are some links to dashboard style charts
> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/SpeedometerXP.html
> http://www.andypope.info/charts/gauge.htm
> http://www.exceluser.com/dash/index.htm
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info
> "Apidej" <Apidej@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Are there any way I can make graph in excel that resembled digital
>> dashboard
>> to show performance data.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

PDF Format for Excel
Can Excel spreadsheets be save in PDF format? Thom, Excel can't save files directly to PDF files. You need a third party product like Adobe's Acrobat (full version, not just the free Reader), or something like PDF995 (www.pdf995.com) . -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Thom" <thancox@lgbcpa.com> wrote in message news:090401c3cfb4$a5eef630$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can Excel spreadsheets be save in PDF format? Thom, Yes, but you need a program capable of doing so... A popular one is Adobe Acrob...

how do you graph with year dates as IV1998, I 1999, etc
I have an assignment where the years are 1 1998, iv 1998, ....IV1999, ect, my data for it is normal like 100, 2323, stuff liek that but how would you grpah that I am confused. If you can do a line chart (rather than a scatter with lines) Excel will accept the text for the X axis. Otherwise, create a dummy series of numbers 1998 1998.25 1998.5 1998.75 for your quarter and another dummy series2 with the Y-axis minimum values for each time point. Use the first dummy series as your X axis, but hide the axis Then plot the second dummy series with just a "+" marker. Use a chart la...

excel file .xls
xp user need excel and excel spreedsheet file .xls. In order to run this file i would need to purchase excel. I don't know anything about excel just interested in the one file program .xls amortization extra payment program. Don't know which excel program has this feature. Please reply. goto www.openoffice.org you can download a free program that will open the excel file. ...

Digital Imaging Pro #2
Great tools! Question is, can I convert a (B&W) photograph to a line drawing? -- CharleneM Carla wrote: > Great tools! Question is, can I convert a (B&W) photograph to a line > drawing? We wouldn't know. This is a Publisher group. -- In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/ Yes, I know it's a Publisher group, but since Dig Imaging Pro is bundled with Publisher and since I can't find a Dig. Imaging Pro forum, I was hoping someone working with Publisher and DIP might know as such a conversion would be most appropriate in black and white materi...

2-digit
I have two lists of product codes (2-digit and 6-digit), each of which has an import value (in otherwords 4 columns) as follows: 1 2 3 4 Prod code (2 digit) importval ($) Prod code (6-digit) import value ($) 01 50 010001 25 010002 10 010003 15 02 75 020001 12 020002 18 020003 20 020004 25 As you can see the 6-digit product codes are a dissaggregated from the 2-digit codes. That is if you sum the value of the 6-digits imports it will equal the value of the 2-digits imports. So for product 01 = $50 = 010001 +010002+010003=50. The same occurs for product 02 and so in for my real data set. N...

Graphing #3
I have a graph that is sorted by dates, ranging from 1998-2005. I had to modify the graph before, and delted the 1998-2000 data. Now I need to add them, but when I do, it shows up behind the 2005 infor. Is there a way to sort it so that it is in order? Metalteck wrote: > I have a graph that is sorted by dates, ranging from 1998-2005. I had to > modify the graph before, and delted the 1998-2000 data. Now I need to add > them, but when I do, it shows up behind the 2005 infor. Is there a way to > sort it so that it is in order? I assume that what you're saying is that y...

Converting files to excel
I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to convert a .bsf file to an excel file??? I don't know what a .bsf file is, but someone is trying to get me some information and we keep having to use the fax. Email is so much easier, but I can't open the file. Any insite would be greatly appreciated. Have a nice day... creativeamy Are you sure that is not .csv file? Do you data for cells separated by a comma, semi-colon or a TAB (which you won't see) One line of data per table row. Check these http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=BSF http://www.quartus.com/software/i...

Format several pages at once w/o data changing (Excel).
I have a user that used Lotus 123 to format several pages at once; however, not changing the data within the cells amongst these pages. So whenever you format the sheet, the other sheets format as well. And if you change a number, it will only change on that sheet and not the rest. We are now using Excel 2003 and was wondering if it had the same capability as Lotus 123. I was unsuccessful in finding a way to do this. You can group sheets by holding down the CTRL key as you click the sheet tabs. Any changes made to one sheet will be made to all grouped sheets. Right-click a sheet an...

opening an excel file from a form
Hello, i want to open a specific excel file from a form that is part of a database that i have designed. Sggestions as to how this can be acheived will be greatly appreciated. Regards. How to determine where the file lives is impossible to say without more info, but if you already have that in the database, then: Application.FollowHyperlink "full path to file" ie, Application.FollowHyperlink "\\Server\share\file.xls" Application.FollowHyperlink "C:\Excelfiles\file.xls" -- hth, SusanV "Alylia" <Alylia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

set x-y crossing on graph automatically
Maybe this is a better place to have posted the question. I have a graph set up where an input starts the range you want to look at. I always want the "Y" to start at 0, and the scale nicely goes as high as necesary for the numbers in the table (viscosity). If I want to look at the 100 degree temperature range starting at 0, the x axis works fine. but if I choose to look at 50 and above, the "x" axis still starts with 0, leaving a blank graph between 0 and 50 and still stopping at 100. How can I set it so the x axis scale starts at the value selected? Unfortunately Excel...

Digitally signature
Hi We have an excel spreadsheat that different people fill out. Is it possible for every person to digitally sign the excel spread sheet when they have filled out the excel spreadsheet?? Regards Morten ...

Macros running slow in Excel 2003
Does anyone know why macros that ran ok in Excel 2000 now take foreve in Excel 2003? This affects any kind of macro and turning Aut Recalculation On and Off does not help -- ebeltran ...

excel #22
Is there a way to fill a column from a different sheet and the next day fill the next column over from the same sheet as that sheet is updated by a data base daliy. I want to keep the information in the first column and continue to move to the next column each day. To do this you will need to create a macro. The code you need (bar any tweaking to fit your purpose) is: Sub placecols() mycolnum = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").End(xlToRight).Column + 1 Sheets("Sheet2").Columns("A").EntireColumn.Copy _ Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(1, mycolnum...

Plotting zero's on graphs
Hi I have a sheet setup as Jan-Dec and underneath are values for each month which are linked to another sheet. In the graph from that data, it plots all the points (jan to dec) because the links show as zero's Is it possible for excel to NOT plot zero's (the links) on the graph ? Thanks in advance Paul You can use an IF formula with NA(). For example: =IF(B2="",NA(),B2) The chart will interpolate over the #N/A errors. To hide these errors, you can use conditional formatting. http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat03.html#Errors Paul Watkins wrote: >...

Learn MS Excel
The following is a video that demonstrate to you: How to plot a chart with Microsoft Excel. http://raymondlamsk.blogspot.com/2008/05/free-learn-microsoft-excel-how-to-plot.html Cheers. ...

Excel save process in Windowws 98?
How can I speed up the Excel save process in Windowws 98? "rmpete" <rmpete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F830CB0D-E674-4F62-9C1F-F1643FAA8805@microsoft.com... > How can I speed up the Excel save process in Windowws 98? If you're experiencing problems, they're unlikely to be down to your OS version. The file(s) you're using may be bloated -- Debra Dalgleish has info on resetting used ranges @ http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused. HTH, Andy ...

Excel 2000: Can I display more than one curve in a single chart
Hi All, Can I display more than one curve (i.e., more than a single set of data points) in a single chart? I am using Excel 2000. tia Avraham Makeler. Sure. Select more than 2 columns when you create the chart. Alternately select the chart and follow the prompts at Chart|Add Data Jerry Avraham Makeler wrote: > Hi All, > > Can I display more than one curve (i.e., more than a single set of data > points) in a single chart? > > I am using Excel 2000. > > tia > > Avraham Makeler. ...

Digital Signature
I am trying to apply a digital signature to my XLS doc. I have created a couple of macros and when I go into the VB editor and go to Tools>>Digital Signature and select my Digital ID It shows [No Certificate]. I then proceed to select choose and select my Digital ID from the list. After hitting ok it will now show The VB project is currently signed as [my Digital ID] but when I exit out of the VB editor and out of excel and reopen the xls it doesn't have the digital ID attached anymore. It shows The VB project is currently signed as [no certificate] Am I missing a step he...

Colours change unexpectedly for pie charts and graphs in Excel 200
Hi I have a user who is using Office 2003 and namely Excel who is has created pie-charts and graphs. At the time of creation the colours are correct, however, when saved and reopened the colours alter. Also if the user logs off then logs on the colours appear correct briefly. The file is in on a shared server and other users also see it in the corrupt colour state. Resolutions tried are, reset the colour palette, checked for a file in XLStart folder, checked if macros are present. Ran detect and repair, installed service packs. I would be grateful for any advice or if others have had ...

Excel number formatting #2

Using Self Certify Digital ID with Shared Files
You can use the MS Self Certification utility to create a Digital ID to share macro enabled files with other XL users, even those running at high security. Here's how: File Originator: 1. Run c:\program files\OfficeXP\Office10 \selfcert.exe (if file not found, use add/remove on MSOffice, it's in Office Tools) 2. Enter a name (eg John Doe, ACME Corp) 3. Open XL file you want to certify and open up VBE 4. Go Tools|Digital Signature 5. Click Choose 6. You should see the name of the cert that you just created on this list. Select it then click OK, then OK again 7. Save and Close fi...

Conditional Sum in Excel 2007
I am using Excel 2007 Is it possible to display the sum of certain cells (in the same column) based on some criteria. I can explain my requirement as under. Column A contains dates (from 1st Jan 2008 to 31st Decd 2009). This column is formatted for date. Column B contains amount spent on that date (Formatted for currency) In column C, I want in C 31, the sum of the cells from B1 to B31, money spent in January. Similarly I want the sums corresponding sums of that month on the last day of each Month. Is it possible? seena >I am using Excel 2007 Try this... Assume y...

Keeping the exponent at a fix value in Excel
Hi When formatting in Scientific, how can you keep the exponent constant and allow the decimal point to move? For example If I have: 6.647E-03 1.741E-02 8.378E-02 How do I ensure that Excel keeps the E to E-3 and adjust the decimal point? Cheers WayneL ...

Excel 2003 vsto 2005 vb.net
Hello, I have an add-in that works well and executes the me.startup event perfectly when Excel is started manually. If Excel is started by double clicking an .xls file, the add-in fails to start and becomes disabled. The xls file then loads. I can re-enable the add-in and it executes me.starup fine. I found that when I strip much code back in me.startup the add-in can start sucessfully when double clicking an .xls file to open Excel. There does not appear to be any 'offending code' that causes the problem, it appears to be more along the line of timing. Thank...

stock graph
I need help with the stock graph. I am making a graph that uses high, low, and middle value as the stock chart does. But I need the value axis to be on the bottom were the x axis is and the category axis to be the Y axis. I want the final chart to have the high, low and middle values displayed horizontally, rather the vertically. Is there a way to which these axises? Thanks for the help ------------------------------------------------ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ -- View and post Excel related usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelTip.com/forum -- Hundreds of free M...