Different values for error bars in series

In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data
point in a series?  So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my
bar chart.

Hi,

See Jon's blog on the subject.
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/error-bars-in-excel-2007/#comments

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

0
Andy

Pulling data daily from a differently named report everyday
Hello, I have a spreadsheet where I use formulas to pull data from multiple reports on a shared server everyday. What I do is to save those reports under a certain name everyday since the formulas have to have the static report name in them to pull data. (For example, A1 may pull data from c:\reportfolder\reportA, B1 may pull from c: \reportfolder2\reportB, etc). In these report folders our IT group runs a new report in it everyday but of course they change the name of the report every day (to reflect the date) . . so in the reportfolder there will be "reportA-3-12-2009", and "...

Different margins on different pages
I am setting up a template for letters at work. The first page of our letterhead has one ste of margins and all subsequent pages will have a different sent of margins. I know that section breaks can be used, but if staff copy and paste text from existing letters into this new template, the section break moves. Is there any way of locking the section break to the page? so the pasted text goes over the top of it? Hi Lilly80, You could setup your document with a 'different first page' layout. That allows the first page to have a different set of margins to the rest o...

Different values for error bars in series
In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my bar chart. Hi, See Jon's blog on the subject. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/error-bars-in-excel-2007/#comments Cheers Andy On 06/04/2010 15:52, wdwind1 wrote: > In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data > point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my > bar chart. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

startup error msg
I am receiving error messages at startup: - Cannot find D:\CDsetup.exe - Could not lad or fun D:\CDsetup.exe The file does not show in a system search but does show in the registry at: File Name: CDSETUP.EXT File Path: D\CDSETUP.EXE Startup Type: Registry: Current User Location: SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Window NT\CurrentVersion\Sindow\Load Classification: Not yet classfied I have Windows XP on the computer and have never had Window NT on the computer. I attempted to connect an old ScanPort scanner a few weeks ago using the driver disc with the scanner and the error message...

Windows 7 Upgrade from XP Pro IE 8 Certificate Errors
My PC was recently upgraded from XP Pro to Windows 7 Pro. I had IE 8 before on XP, but now I am getting certificate errors for many of the sites that I regularly visit including our companies own intranet site, google mail, several financial institutions websites, etc. I know these sites are safe, but I cannot figure out what the upgrade process has done to my system to cause me to get these certificate errors. I have spent much time googling, and tried many different IE setttings, double checked the date time setting on my machine etc. all to no avail. PLEASE HELP!!! Below ...

A Different CRM for GP
Hello, We are pondering the idea of implementing MS Dynamics CRM. However, I am curious whether anyone else has had success in integrating a different CRM product with GP 10.0. It's not that we don't like the MS product; I just like to ensure I have covered all bases. Our partner does not have any other recommendations as they have not worked with any other CRM applications. Any information would be greatly apprecaited. Thank you, -- Jessie GoldMine is a good product, very mature, and easier to maintain table structures. There are links to GP but I cannot remember the fir...

merging a value in a text field with each line in a memo field
I am trying to merge a value in a text field with the information in a memo field using a query to create a report. This is the query I am using: SELECT AVRelay+","+IPRange FROM T_Sites AVRelay is the text field and IPRange is the Memo. IPRange has multiple lines, each of which I need appended with the value in AVRelay for the report. It should look like. 2,192.168.1.0/24 2,192.168.0.0/24 2,192.168.2.0/24 Instead it looks like 2,192.168.1.0/24 192.168.0.0/24 192.168.2.0/24 I have searched far and wide but has come up empty. Please help! I would gues...

Returning all values with a join
I have a table that lists business summary data by day. Not every business has information on each day. However I need to pull in the business along with zero values when this happens. I created a table listing all of the business names and did a join, however it is still not pulling in the businesses without any information on that day. Here is my query - any help would be appreciated. SELECT [Outbound Business Names].[Business Name], [Dialer Summary results].RowDate FROM [Dialer Summary results] RIGHT JOIN [Outbound Business Names] ON [ Dialer Summary results].Business = [O...

2 users access calendar online with different rights
hi user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in calendar online http://www.exchangedomain.ch/usersname/kalender/ user B is able to see, but not to add or edit entries at the moment in outlook itself its working. user B can open the folder calendar of user A and make entries and change entries what have to be done that this is possible also with web access exchange ? thankx mike schwarz On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:09:29 +0200, "Mike Schwarz" <ctek@ctek.ch> wrote: >hi > >user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in &...

Same column, different cell width at different row
I have tried inserting a break and split, didn't work. I just want to separate the top half of a page with the bottom half so I can apply different cell width on the same column. Or how would I be able to do this? Same column but different cell width. Thanks! Glenn You can't do that. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Glenn Chung" <GlennChung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20746997-9D99-4684-A352-120370D27036@microsoft.com... >I have tried inserting a break and split, di...

Named range(s) of non-adjacent cells return #VALUE! error in array formulas
I have ranges made up of non-adjacent cells from one worksheet and I get a #VALUE! error when I try to do any conditional count or sum calculation with an array formula on either or both of them. Each range is a selection of 32 non-adjacent cells from a single column. The cells contain array formulas that return percentages. Example of range values I8: 5.9% I11: 12.1% I14: 22.3% I17: 0.0% I was able to get values returned from simple functions like Max and Min but the following example gives me the #VALUE! error: {=SUM(IF((Rng>0),1,0))} =COUNTIF(Rng,"<.0125") Any wisdom ...

Fixed Assets
When using the Fixed Asset module, I am finding some small differences when compared to the Depreciation calculated by the External Accountants for tax purposes. Client would like to match exactly to the amounts calculated by external accounts. What is the best way to fix this issue? thanks, -- Patti Need more info Patti. What are the depreciation methods/settings that are creating the differences? Does this occur on every asset or just some? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your gptip42today at www.gp2themax.blogs...

Windows Mail/Comcast Error Message
The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E I've been timing out for months and since I primarily use my Crackberry, I haven't been too concerned. Now, I'm annoyed and needing incoming and outgoing emails on my computer more often than once every 10 times I open or synchronize. What's the deal? OK, It's my Antivirus software (Webroot). Is it safe to forego the email attachments shield? This must ...

Macro to coppy cells to certain rows depending on value in cell
I want his macro to after it have inserted the colmns and added the formula to 1. copy range A1 to E1 to every row where the word "Header" is in colmn F. 2. Then copy paste the whole sheet as values. 3. Then the range now standing left of "header" must be copied to the empy cells beneath each heading. For example a b c d e f 1)12/12/2005 F001 SAO3 1 CCE Header 2) Detail ...

Convert String to Numeric Values
I have data string that I must convert to numeric values. Ex: 00100200300400500600700800901000110015016 How do I get the above data string example to return the numeric values that are three digit integers. How do I get the number 16 for example? Any assistance is appreciated -- JenISCM Try this: Public Sub MySplit(txtIn As String) ' copy/paste to a standard module ' input from debug window: ' call mysplit("00100200300400500600700800901000110015016") Dim i As Integer Dim n As Integer i = 1 For n = 1 To CInt(Len(txtIn) / 3) Debug.Print n & " - " ...

Dates Difference
Hi, I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how do i get that in vc++? I have used the DateDiff function in asp but couldn't find anything like that. Also, how can i convert string to a date? thanks in advance karan >I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how >do i get that in vc++? Karan, Convert (if the dates aren't already in this format) the dates/times to FILETIME and subtract the values. >Also, how can i convert string to a date? Try COleDateTime::ParseDateTime or VarDateFromStr. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://ww...

WEIRD DevErrors=On (CRM is fine) but DevErrors=Off produces errors
This is the strangest thing I've ever come across in CRM ... If we have DevErrors on in web.config, CRM works fine. If we have DevErrors off, we actually get errors! The errors are "unspecified error" and happen randomly in all areas of CRM. It's actually reproducable too. Has anyone heard of this? What would they have to do with each other I wonder? Note, we use turbotool to turn these on and off, with off (or rather null) being the default for this value within this tool. Thanks ...

Want to display value and difference on one chart
I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 in a different color. On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, JMH <JMH@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I >want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 >in a different color. Use your spreadsheet to calculate the values, then use the chart to graph them. Never try to use a chart for calculation. ...

Sending from 2 different computers
I have Outlook 2003 on my desktop at home and 2002 on my laptop while traveling. My server is Comcast. I would strongly prefer to use Outlook (rather than Comcast's webmail) on both computers. I have configured Outlook on both computers to receive email. I can also leave a copy on the server so it can be downloaded again later on the other computer, assuring that I always have copies of all emails no matter which computer I'm using. Problem is I can't send from my laptop. I've tried Comcast's instructions for configuring Outlook 2002 for use while traveling, but it doesn&...

DCOM error killing me
I've spent a few days getting SBS properly loaded and CRM installed, in order to load the demo data. Have worked through a myriad of errors, and thanks to searching this newsgroup and google, have been able to get most of them resolved. There is only one remaining, and I can't seem to find the solution.... Type: Error Source: DCOM Event ID: 100002 Category: None User: NT Authority\System Access denied attempting to launch a DCOM Server. The server is: {9DA0E106-86CE-11D1-8699-00C04FB98036} The user is SYSTEM/NT AUTHORITY, SID=S-1-5-18. any advice or words of wisdom please? This i...

How to solve problem (equal to 0) with unknown value
I'm trying to solve a complex problem with an unknown value that is equal to zero using solver. How do I do this? ...

Large variation in series values
Good Morning, I would like to display serie A (in millions) and serie B (in thousands) in the same chart (preferably line). What is the best way to do this; because of the millions in serie A, serie B line gets 'scrunched' to the bottom. Any suggestions? Thanks! Carol In article <A8F065CC-4B74-49A7-A56B-4DE1DFDDBAEA@microsoft.com>, QPapillon@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Good Morning, > > I would like to display serie A (in millions) and serie B (in thousands) in > the same chart (preferably line). What is the best way to do this; because > of th...

FRx errors with emailing reports
A customer is receiving error messages when emailing FRx reports - they don't seem to affect anything, the reports are sent and received via email and FRx doesn't close but with every report that they send, they get the same message. "Drill Down Viewer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." DrillDown Viewer closes, FRx remains open. We have checked all of the settings to enable email, everything seems to be OK and the reports do get sent, just an annoyance having the message pop up every time. Has anyone seen this before...

Different shape width in different views in Excel 2007??
In Excel 2007, I create a shape in "Normal" view and set its width to any value (e.g. to 15cm). Now I change to "Page Layout" view and guess what... the width now shows up as something more than 16cm??! (The width property as points in VBA changes accordingly.) Switching to "Page Break View" will result in one more different width value. Is this "just" a big bug in Excel 2007 or did I miss something?? I know that the selected default printer or the chosen zoom factor may have an influence on the shown size of a shape, but these discrepancies are ...

appointment prints different time
Hi, My client uses a french CRM with date format dd/mm/yyyy. when he creates an appointment with the SFO client from e.g. 11 o'clock until 16 o'clock it is saved like correctly. but when he prints it out, the starttime is 8 o'clock and end time 13 o'clock. it is like that for every appointment. it always prints out 3 hours earlier. Anybody had this too? Thanx Cypress, You can check if both the server and the user are in the same time zone. Server: Open Control Panel, Date and Time, Timezone Client: On the laptop open Control Panel, Date and Time, Timezone Open CRM vi...