Different trend types

I am using excel to curve fit to data in an X-Y Scatter plot.  Does anyone
know of add-ins/extensions that allow plotting of trendlines for other types
of curves eg. Sigmoid or sinusoidal curves?
0
Burgess (5)

You can use Solver to fit such data. Send me private email if interested;
attach file with data and tell me the equation to use.
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Dan Burgess" <Dan Burgess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using excel to curve fit to data in an X-Y Scatter plot.  Does anyone
> know of add-ins/extensions that allow plotting of trendlines for other
> types
> of curves eg. Sigmoid or sinusoidal curves?

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
4/18/2006 12:33:23 PM
Hi,

I've been trying to use Solver to fit my data, which is possibly a sigmoidal
curve but I wasn't sure where to start with.

I am currently using Excel 2007. I managed to enable the Solver add-in but
it doesn't show up in the Add-in toolbar. Will there by any chance that I
could create curve fitting apart from using Solver? Or any other method to
get Solver.

Many thanks,
Casy

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

> You can use Solver to fit such data. Send me private email if interested;
> attach file with data and tell me the equation to use.
> best wishes
> --
> Bernard Liengme
> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
> remove CAPS in email address
>

> "Dan Burgess" <Dan Burgess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am using excel to curve fit to data in an X-Y Scatter plot.  Does anyone
> > know of add-ins/extensions that allow plotting of trendlines for other
> > types
> > of curves eg. Sigmoid or sinusoidal curves?

0
Casy (4)
7/20/2009 2:29:09 PM
It Solver has been loaded, then you will find the tool to invoke it on the
Data tab, Analysis group (far right item on tab)

Yes you can use Solver for this type of problem. Visit my site
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/ExcelTips/Elisa.mht
and download the sample Excel file which fits data to a four parameter
function. If you have some math background you should have no problem
adapting this. Otherwise, please communicate with me at my personal email
address found on my website

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Casy" <Casy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to use Solver to fit my data, which is possibly a
> sigmoidal
> curve but I wasn't sure where to start with.
>
> I am currently using Excel 2007. I managed to enable the Solver add-in but
> it doesn't show up in the Add-in toolbar. Will there by any chance that I
> could create curve fitting apart from using Solver? Or any other method to
> get Solver.
>
> Many thanks,
> Casy
>
> "Bernard Liengme" wrote:
>
>> You can use Solver to fit such data. Send me private email if interested;
>> attach file with data and tell me the equation to use.
>> best wishes
>> --
>> Bernard Liengme
>> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
>> remove CAPS in email address
>>

>> "Dan Burgess" <Dan Burgess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am using excel to curve fit to data in an X-Y Scatter plot.  Does
>> >anyone
>> > know of add-ins/extensions that allow plotting of trendlines for other
>> > types
>> > of curves eg. Sigmoid or sinusoidal curves?

0
bliengme (657)

GAL email type and format
We are currently running Exchange 2003 but we have recently upgraded from 2000 - which in turn was an upgrade from 5.5. Our GAL records users emails as legacyexchangeDN with an email type of EX. I assume this is because of our 5.5 roots but is this correct? and is there anyway of changing it? It causes problems with non-windows Mobile 5 PDAs and local contacts and also with replies to accounts that have been deleted. TIA I am not quite sure what you are asking. The legacyExchangeDN field is still required even if you have a native mode Exchange organization. This attribute is in the f...

Pulling data daily from a differently named report everyday
Hello, I have a spreadsheet where I use formulas to pull data from multiple reports on a shared server everyday. What I do is to save those reports under a certain name everyday since the formulas have to have the static report name in them to pull data. (For example, A1 may pull data from c:\reportfolder\reportA, B1 may pull from c: \reportfolder2\reportB, etc). In these report folders our IT group runs a new report in it everyday but of course they change the name of the report every day (to reflect the date) . . so in the reportfolder there will be "reportA-3-12-2009", and "...

Different margins on different pages
I am setting up a template for letters at work. The first page of our letterhead has one ste of margins and all subsequent pages will have a different sent of margins. I know that section breaks can be used, but if staff copy and paste text from existing letters into this new template, the section break moves. Is there any way of locking the section break to the page? so the pasted text goes over the top of it? Hi Lilly80, You could setup your document with a 'different first page' layout. That allows the first page to have a different set of margins to the rest o...

Different values for error bars in series
In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my bar chart. Hi, See Jon's blog on the subject. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/error-bars-in-excel-2007/#comments Cheers Andy On 06/04/2010 15:52, wdwind1 wrote: > In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data > point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my > bar chart. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

A Different CRM for GP
Hello, We are pondering the idea of implementing MS Dynamics CRM. However, I am curious whether anyone else has had success in integrating a different CRM product with GP 10.0. It's not that we don't like the MS product; I just like to ensure I have covered all bases. Our partner does not have any other recommendations as they have not worked with any other CRM applications. Any information would be greatly apprecaited. Thank you, -- Jessie GoldMine is a good product, very mature, and easier to maintain table structures. There are links to GP but I cannot remember the fir...

Same column, different cell width at different row
I have tried inserting a break and split, didn't work. I just want to separate the top half of a page with the bottom half so I can apply different cell width on the same column. Or how would I be able to do this? Same column but different cell width. Thanks! Glenn You can't do that. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Glenn Chung" <GlennChung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20746997-9D99-4684-A352-120370D27036@microsoft.com... >I have tried inserting a break and split, di...

2 users access calendar online with different rights
hi user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in calendar online http://www.exchangedomain.ch/usersname/kalender/ user B is able to see, but not to add or edit entries at the moment in outlook itself its working. user B can open the folder calendar of user A and make entries and change entries what have to be done that this is possible also with web access exchange ? thankx mike schwarz On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:09:29 +0200, "Mike Schwarz" <ctek@ctek.ch> wrote: >hi > >user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in &...

Fixed Assets
When using the Fixed Asset module, I am finding some small differences when compared to the Depreciation calculated by the External Accountants for tax purposes. Client would like to match exactly to the amounts calculated by external accounts. What is the best way to fix this issue? thanks, -- Patti Need more info Patti. What are the depreciation methods/settings that are creating the differences? Does this occur on every asset or just some? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your gptip42today at www.gp2themax.blogs...

Dates Difference
Hi, I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how do i get that in vc++? I have used the DateDiff function in asp but couldn't find anything like that. Also, how can i convert string to a date? thanks in advance karan >I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how >do i get that in vc++? Karan, Convert (if the dates aren't already in this format) the dates/times to FILETIME and subtract the values. >Also, how can i convert string to a date? Try COleDateTime::ParseDateTime or VarDateFromStr. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://ww...

Want to display value and difference on one chart
I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 in a different color. On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, JMH <JMH@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I >want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 >in a different color. Use your spreadsheet to calculate the values, then use the chart to graph them. Never try to use a chart for calculation. ...

Sending from 2 different computers
I have Outlook 2003 on my desktop at home and 2002 on my laptop while traveling. My server is Comcast. I would strongly prefer to use Outlook (rather than Comcast's webmail) on both computers. I have configured Outlook on both computers to receive email. I can also leave a copy on the server so it can be downloaded again later on the other computer, assuring that I always have copies of all emails no matter which computer I'm using. Problem is I can't send from my laptop. I've tried Comcast's instructions for configuring Outlook 2002 for use while traveling, but it doesn&...

Can't change resource type
In 2007 server, I have a resource in the pool that is of typ Material. I want to change it to Type Cost. When I open Edit Detail, the Type box is greyed and I can't change it. What am I missing jlbreyer -- Once you create an enterprise resource, the system locks the Type field and you cannot change it. The only way around this is to inactivate (or delete) the old resource and create a new one. This is not a bug. This is the design of the tool and you cannot change this behavior. Hope this helps. -- Dale A. Howard [MVP] VP of Educational Services msProjectExpert...

Different shape width in different views in Excel 2007??
In Excel 2007, I create a shape in "Normal" view and set its width to any value (e.g. to 15cm). Now I change to "Page Layout" view and guess what... the width now shows up as something more than 16cm??! (The width property as points in VBA changes accordingly.) Switching to "Page Break View" will result in one more different width value. Is this "just" a big bug in Excel 2007 or did I miss something?? I know that the selected default printer or the chosen zoom factor may have an influence on the shown size of a shape, but these discrepancies are ...

appointment prints different time
Hi, My client uses a french CRM with date format dd/mm/yyyy. when he creates an appointment with the SFO client from e.g. 11 o'clock until 16 o'clock it is saved like correctly. but when he prints it out, the starttime is 8 o'clock and end time 13 o'clock. it is like that for every appointment. it always prints out 3 hours earlier. Anybody had this too? Thanx Cypress, You can check if both the server and the user are in the same time zone. Server: Open Control Panel, Date and Time, Timezone Client: On the laptop open Control Panel, Date and Time, Timezone Open CRM vi...

Different Columns on different pages
Hi - think this will be easily resolved but I am stuck! In publisher 2000 how do you create a multipaged, two page spread that has different columns on some pages. I keep bringing myself back to "ignore background" and trying to use "arrange" - "layout Guides" - but this isnt right. Am I thinking too deep? Is the whole point that the layout guides are simply guides and stay the same thorugh the whole document regardless.... you just use ruler guides to make the changes through the different pages? Any idea's? Thanks Julia ...

When I am typing emails,sometimes the word will move upwards/
Sometimes when I am typing the letter t, the word will revert backwards to another previous paragraph. It happens with other letters but usually with the letter T. I just installed Windows 7 on my computer and have Microsoft Outlook mail. It is annoying as I have to look up to see where the text I just finished typing went to and it means editing and correcting other text and retyping again. Spuddy wrote: > Sometimes when I am typing the letter t, the word will revert backwards to > another previous paragraph. It happens with other letters but usually with > the...

Difference 05-21-04
What is the difference between CRM standard and professional? -Johnny Johnny wrote: > What is the difference between CRM standard and professional? > > -Johnny Does it have anything to do with Outlook integration? -- - I am Johnny! Your Internet penpal. I have a scooter, how about you? "Johnny" <alphascooter-verizon@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:evfBJNwPEHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Johnny wrote: > > > What is the difference between CRM standard and professional? > > > > -Johnny > Does it have anything to do with Outlook inte...

divs are different in different browsers

Compare and Merge Two different CRM Instances
We have two different CRM environments that we want to merge into one. My first step was to try and compare the different instances to see what the different were between them. I exported all of the customizations from each and performed a diff. Yuck. Since the customizations don't export the elements in the same order it looks like their are over 7,000 differences between the two files. Reality says that at best there may be 50-100. Is there any way to get these to output in the same order so that I can get a more realistic diff between them? The only other thought I have at this po...

Class Diagram -> no java data type? How can I manually create data type?
in Class Diagram template There is no java data type. How can I manually create data type? Thank you Sean Sean, I'm afraid you will have to create your own Java Datatype for Java. The only thing that comes close is C# Data types. "Sean Kim" wrote: > in Class Diagram template > > There is no java data type. > How can I manually create data type? > > > Thank you > > Sean > How do we create out own types, like int, Character, Map, String, etc? Could we have some info on that please! Regards, Yazad Khambata "Russ_from_Alabama&...

searching different files macro
I need to search for a certain asset number in the asset column in man different excel files. If the asset number does exist it should copy paste the whole row into a new sheet and build on that sheet . all th excel files have the same columns but different data. i am looking for a macro or any other way to automate this thank yo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see Excel.programming P.S.: please don't multipost -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I need to search for a certain asset number in the asset column in > many different excel files. If ...

OWA on a Different Server
I have an Exchange 5.5 Server and a separate Web server that hosts the Exchange OWA. I recall there was a setting that had to direct it to your exchange server. Could someone please point me in the right direction? I think it's a file that is created during setup but since we moved servers it is still pointing to the old server. I need to know what file to edit to point to the new server. BTW:Please ignore my post in exchange2000.admin. I clicked too quick. "Chris Cairns" <ccairns@hampton-hampton.com> wrote: >I have an Exchange 5.5 Server and a separate Web se...

Hide/Show different instance of CDialogBar
Hi all, I am quite new to MFC, I need help in this topic. I create in my FrameWnd, in the OnCreate multiple CDialogBar which represent the same status bar but naturally with different content, with this code (m_wndStatusBar is the array of my class that derives from CDialogBar): for(int i=0; i<nTotalCodAbi;i++) { if (!m_wndStatusBar[i].Create( this, IDD_STATUS_BAR, CBRS_BOTTOM, IDD_STATUS_BAR )) { return -1; // fail to create } m_wndStatusBar[i].SetBarStyle(m_wndStatusBar[i].GetBarStyle() | CBRS_TOOLTIPS ); //Inizializzazione m_wndStatusBar[i].Init(this); //only ...

Workbook with different queries on each worksheet
I have several workbooks to which I copy the current spreadsheet to create a new one. Then I edit the query to the database (only on the new worksheet) to reflect a different time period. In 2003 it was a breeze, I just editted the query , saved it and returned the data to the worksheet. Piece of cake. In 2007, the onnly way I have found to do this is to open the properties of the connection, change tabs and select edit query , make changes and return data and OK my way out of the all the pop-ups. IS there an easier way to do this? Why are the external connection options grayed out? Sh...

remove "type question for help" in SBE
Hi, Anyone know how to remove the thing that says "type question for help" in Excel SBE? Thanks KB wrote: > Hi, > > Anyone know how to remove the thing that says "type question for help" > in Excel SBE? Thanks Never mind. I found it. Never fails that AFTER I ask, I find it. Thanks anyway. Here it is if anyone needs it: 1. On the Tools menu, click Customize. 2. On the menu bar, right-click the Type a question for help Question Box image box. 3. Select or deselect Show Ask A Question Box to show or hide it. Note If you are hiding the Type a...