Different Starting Points on X-Axis

Hi there,

I'm trying to plot an exponential smoothing line chart with x-values from 1
to 20. There are two series, the original data points and the smoothed data
points. The problem with this is that the starting point is different. For
the original data points (series1), the first value starts at 1 and goes to
20. For the smoothed data points (series2), the first value starts at 2 and
goes to 20. When I try to chart the line graph in Excel 2003 by selecting
the y-values for series2 starting at x=2, the chart actually begins at x=1.
I was just wondering if anyone knows how to change the starting point for a
series in a line graph (if possible). Thank you!

Xavier

Are you  making a LINE or XY chart? Should be the latter.
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Xavier" <xavierNOSPAM@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> I'm trying to plot an exponential smoothing line chart with x-values from
> 1 to 20. There are two series, the original data points and the smoothed
> data points. The problem with this is that the starting point is
> different. For the original data points (series1), the first value starts
> at 1 and goes to 20. For the smoothed data points (series2), the first
> value starts at 2 and goes to 20. When I try to chart the line graph in
> Excel 2003 by selecting the y-values for series2 starting at x=2, the
> chart actually begins at x=1. I was just wondering if anyone knows how to
> change the starting point for a series in a line graph (if possible).
> Thank you!
>
> Xavier

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
1/28/2006 7:06:31 PM
I've done both, and even when I set the correct x-value range, series 2
always starts at x=1 and goes to x=19.

"Bernard Liengme" <bliengme@stfx.TRUENORTH.ca> wrote in message
> Are you  making a LINE or XY chart? Should be the latter.
> --
> Bernard V Liengme
> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
> remove caps from email
>
> "Xavier" <xavierNOSPAM@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I'm trying to plot an exponential smoothing line chart with x-values from
>> 1 to 20. There are two series, the original data points and the smoothed
>> data points. The problem with this is that the starting point is
>> different. For the original data points (series1), the first value starts
>> at 1 and goes to 20. For the smoothed data points (series2), the first
>> value starts at 2 and goes to 20. When I try to chart the line graph in
>> Excel 2003 by selecting the y-values for series2 starting at x=2, the
>> chart actually begins at x=1. I was just wondering if anyone knows how to
>> change the starting point for a series in a line graph (if possible).
>> Thank you!
>>
>> Xavier

0
ediaz (1)
1/28/2006 7:24:06 PM
Nevermind, I got it working now. Thanks for suggesting XY scatter. I played
around with it a little more and was finally able to alter the starting
point. Thank you!

Xavier

"Bernard Liengme" <bliengme@stfx.TRUENORTH.ca> wrote in message
> Are you  making a LINE or XY chart? Should be the latter.
> --
> Bernard V Liengme
> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
> remove caps from email
>
> "Xavier" <xavierNOSPAM@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I'm trying to plot an exponential smoothing line chart with x-values from
>> 1 to 20. There are two series, the original data points and the smoothed
>> data points. The problem with this is that the starting point is
>> different. For the original data points (series1), the first value starts
>> at 1 and goes to 20. For the smoothed data points (series2), the first
>> value starts at 2 and goes to 20. When I try to chart the line graph in
>> Excel 2003 by selecting the y-values for series2 starting at x=2, the
>> chart actually begins at x=1. I was just wondering if anyone knows how to
>> change the starting point for a series in a line graph (if possible).
>> Thank you!
>>
>> Xavier

0
xavier1 (1)
1/28/2006 8:08:06 PM
Thanks for the feedback
Best wishes from St Francis Xavier U
--

> Nevermind, I got it working now. Thanks for suggesting XY scatter. I
> played around with it a little more and was finally able to alter the
> starting point. Thank you!
>
> Xavier
>
> "Bernard Liengme" <bliengme@stfx.TRUENORTH.ca> wrote in message
>> Are you  making a LINE or XY chart? Should be the latter.
>> --
>> Bernard V Liengme
>> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
>> remove caps from email
>>
>> "Xavier" <xavierNOSPAM@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to plot an exponential smoothing line chart with x-values
>>> from 1 to 20. There are two series, the original data points and the
>>> smoothed data points. The problem with this is that the starting point
>>> is different. For the original data points (series1), the first value
>>> starts at 1 and goes to 20. For the smoothed data points (series2), the
>>> first value starts at 2 and goes to 20. When I try to chart the line
>>> graph in Excel 2003 by selecting the y-values for series2 starting at
>>> x=2, the chart actually begins at x=1. I was just wondering if anyone
>>> knows how to change the starting point for a series in a line graph (if
>>> possible). Thank you!
>>>
>>> Xavier

0
bliengme5824 (3040)

Asus Q-FAN control and X-Fi bluescreen of death possibly related ?
Hello, Since two days or so I have re-enabled Asus's Q-FAN control in the bios to make the cpu fan spin slower when cpu heat is low. I was just playing Dirt 2 Full version with reduced back fan settings. The audio settings where using Rapture3D this made the cpu unusually hot 51 degrees ! I wanted hardware support for the audio so I changed it to hardware... I shutdown Dirt 2... I increased fan speed of the computer case... Then I started Dirt 2 again and bang... blue screen of death ! Naturally this was one a cracked version of Dirt 2... but even a cracked version...

How to fill fill a column with numbers, beginning at number X, counting up.
I simply need to add numbers, beginning with 15,347, (counting upward), to a column with empty values in a table. Is there an easy way to do this, rather than completing it in excel and importing it, then attempting to update the table? Thanks for any suggestions. While I cannot imagine a legitimate use for this, the following code will insert rows starting at 15347 and going to 22000 Dim dbCurr As DAO.Database Dim lngLoop As Long Dim strSQL As String Set dbCurr = CurrentDb For lngLoop = 15347 To 22000 strSQL = "INSERT INTO MyTable (MyField) " & _ "VALUE...

Pulling data daily from a differently named report everyday
Hello, I have a spreadsheet where I use formulas to pull data from multiple reports on a shared server everyday. What I do is to save those reports under a certain name everyday since the formulas have to have the static report name in them to pull data. (For example, A1 may pull data from c:\reportfolder\reportA, B1 may pull from c: \reportfolder2\reportB, etc). In these report folders our IT group runs a new report in it everyday but of course they change the name of the report every day (to reflect the date) . . so in the reportfolder there will be "reportA-3-12-2009", and "...

Ribbon X macro not available

Different margins on different pages
I am setting up a template for letters at work. The first page of our letterhead has one ste of margins and all subsequent pages will have a different sent of margins. I know that section breaks can be used, but if staff copy and paste text from existing letters into this new template, the section break moves. Is there any way of locking the section break to the page? so the pasted text goes over the top of it? Hi Lilly80, You could setup your document with a 'different first page' layout. That allows the first page to have a different set of margins to the rest o...

Different values for error bars in series
In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my bar chart. Hi, See Jon's blog on the subject. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/error-bars-in-excel-2007/#comments Cheers Andy On 06/04/2010 15:52, wdwind1 wrote: > In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data > point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my > bar chart. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

how do i plot a graph that has more than 2 axis
I would like to know how I could plot a graph that has 2 x axis and 2 y axis on the same graph What are you trying to graph that would require two of each axis? "UK ENGINEERING" wrote: > I would like to know how I could plot a graph that has 2 x axis and 2 y axis > on the same graph Doesn't matter what he's plotting. Here's how to get all axes you're entitled to. Usually when you tell Excel to plot a series on the secondary axis, all it does is add a secondary Y axis. To get a secondary X axis, choose Chart Options from the Chart menu, and on the Axes t...

A Different CRM for GP
Hello, We are pondering the idea of implementing MS Dynamics CRM. However, I am curious whether anyone else has had success in integrating a different CRM product with GP 10.0. It's not that we don't like the MS product; I just like to ensure I have covered all bases. Our partner does not have any other recommendations as they have not worked with any other CRM applications. Any information would be greatly apprecaited. Thank you, -- Jessie GoldMine is a good product, very mature, and easier to maintain table structures. There are links to GP but I cannot remember the fir...

Office X updates will not install
I have Panther (10.3.4) and Office v. X. When I download and try to install the 10.1.2 update it just hangs and says verifying information. I let it sit there for 10 minutes the other day and it would not do anything. I am logged in as local administrator. any help would be appreciated. thanks Jeff Cramner Disconnect from all network drives (including iDisk) before launching the updater. Please see this Apple Knowledge Base article for details: <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107704> On 7/30/04 7:03 AM, in article a450bb88.0407300403.58e5b7c5@posting.google.com, "...

2 users access calendar online with different rights
hi user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in calendar online http://www.exchangedomain.ch/usersname/kalender/ user B is able to see, but not to add or edit entries at the moment in outlook itself its working. user B can open the folder calendar of user A and make entries and change entries what have to be done that this is possible also with web access exchange ? thankx mike schwarz On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:09:29 +0200, "Mike Schwarz" <ctek@ctek.ch> wrote: >hi > >user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in &...

Same column, different cell width at different row
I have tried inserting a break and split, didn't work. I just want to separate the top half of a page with the bottom half so I can apply different cell width on the same column. Or how would I be able to do this? Same column but different cell width. Thanks! Glenn You can't do that. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Glenn Chung" <GlennChung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20746997-9D99-4684-A352-120370D27036@microsoft.com... >I have tried inserting a break and split, di...

Fixed Assets
When using the Fixed Asset module, I am finding some small differences when compared to the Depreciation calculated by the External Accountants for tax purposes. Client would like to match exactly to the amounts calculated by external accounts. What is the best way to fix this issue? thanks, -- Patti Need more info Patti. What are the depreciation methods/settings that are creating the differences? Does this occur on every asset or just some? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your gptip42today at www.gp2themax.blogs...

Rows().AutoFit starts a calculation, but Columns().AutoFit doesn't
This example copied from the help of the WorkSheet.Calculate event works well: Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() Columns("A:F").AutoFit End Sub But it loops forever when I replace it with: Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() Rows("10:20").AutoFit End Sub It looks like resizing the rows (even rows outside the UsedRange) causes the volatile functions to be calculated, while resizing the columns doesn't. Does it make sense? How can I resize the rows after a calculation? Thanks, Stefano Hi, I can't replicate your problem but this should ...

Want to display value and difference on one chart
I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 in a different color. On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, JMH <JMH@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I >want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 >in a different color. Use your spreadsheet to calculate the values, then use the chart to graph them. Never try to use a chart for calculation. ...

money 2002 doesn't start up
Add me to the list. Money was running fine but doesn't open up any more. I reinstalled, still doesn't work when I select the shortcut or the application. ...

Dates Difference
Hi, I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how do i get that in vc++? I have used the DateDiff function in asp but couldn't find anything like that. Also, how can i convert string to a date? thanks in advance karan >I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how >do i get that in vc++? Karan, Convert (if the dates aren't already in this format) the dates/times to FILETIME and subtract the values. >Also, how can i convert string to a date? Try COleDateTime::ParseDateTime or VarDateFromStr. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://ww...

CRM Security Service is not Started
I am getting these error messages after installation Microsoft CRM on my PC. First i installed Virtual PC on my machine and after this i installed MS CRM Server and client on the machine. After installation it worked very good but after 3 days i get these error. I am not able to solve these error i need your help. I am waiting your kind reply. Error No 1: When i start server by using Virtual PC i get this error, "At least one service or driver failed during system startup. Use Event viewer to examine the event for detail." Error No 2: I checked the Services then i saw Microsoft...

Formatting Category Axis
I am trying to format my category axis (y). I can change font and alignment angle but am unable to set alignment such as right, left, justify, etc. I have managed to wrap text by using char(10) in my table formula but cannot seem to change the alignment by the data cell format in table. Cheers The category axis is always the X axis, regardless of whether it's vertical or horizontal. But your uncertainty indicates you're using a horizontal bar chart. It is not possible to change the orientation of wrapped text in axis tick labels. Excel centers them and that's all. You can...

Sending from 2 different computers
I have Outlook 2003 on my desktop at home and 2002 on my laptop while traveling. My server is Comcast. I would strongly prefer to use Outlook (rather than Comcast's webmail) on both computers. I have configured Outlook on both computers to receive email. I can also leave a copy on the server so it can be downloaded again later on the other computer, assuring that I always have copies of all emails no matter which computer I'm using. Problem is I can't send from my laptop. I've tried Comcast's instructions for configuring Outlook 2002 for use while traveling, but it doesn&...

Different shape width in different views in Excel 2007??
In Excel 2007, I create a shape in "Normal" view and set its width to any value (e.g. to 15cm). Now I change to "Page Layout" view and guess what... the width now shows up as something more than 16cm??! (The width property as points in VBA changes accordingly.) Switching to "Page Break View" will result in one more different width value. Is this "just" a big bug in Excel 2007 or did I miss something?? I know that the selected default printer or the chosen zoom factor may have an influence on the shown size of a shape, but these discrepancies are ...

X Y (Scatter) Chart EXCEL 2007
I am plotting times on both X and Y axis. Y axis is fine. Underlying data fills A 1 to C 7 only. Data in column B and C is formatted as Time 13:30:55. Y axis formats correctly as (from top to bottom):- 14:00:00 13:00:00 12:00:00 - and so on down to and including:- 06:00:00 I want exactly the same format on the X axis. To format X axis I take following actions:- - go to Format Axis pop up window - Number tab change this to Time 13:30:55 - Axis Options tab Minimum: Fixed 0.25 - Axis Options tab Maximum: Fixed 0.58333 (As soon as I do this all the ...

How do I get an action button on power point slide to play a DVD?
I need to play a DVD leadership video in the middle of a power point presentation. I would like to learn how to place an action button on the 7th slide so it will play the DVD and I don't have to exit the presentation. Can anyone help? Thanks Hi, The first thing to do is to create a shape(for instance, a square). Click on the " Links" Tab and click on "Actions." An " Actions Settings" window should appear. Click on " Hyperlink to" and select " to file." Once there select the file you want to play after you press the button...

appointment prints different time
Hi, My client uses a french CRM with date format dd/mm/yyyy. when he creates an appointment with the SFO client from e.g. 11 o'clock until 16 o'clock it is saved like correctly. but when he prints it out, the starttime is 8 o'clock and end time 13 o'clock. it is like that for every appointment. it always prints out 3 hours earlier. Anybody had this too? Thanx Cypress, You can check if both the server and the user are in the same time zone. Server: Open Control Panel, Date and Time, Timezone Client: On the laptop open Control Panel, Date and Time, Timezone Open CRM vi...

where start up option
where can i find start up option in access 2007 Click on the big round Office Logo button and then go to Access Options at the bottom of the dialog. Then, you can select CURRENT DATABASE. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post. __________________________________ "a" wrote: > where can i find start up option in access 2007 > > > ...

Different Columns on different pages
Hi - think this will be easily resolved but I am stuck! In publisher 2000 how do you create a multipaged, two page spread that has different columns on some pages. I keep bringing myself back to "ignore background" and trying to use "arrange" - "layout Guides" - but this isnt right. Am I thinking too deep? Is the whole point that the layout guides are simply guides and stay the same thorugh the whole document regardless.... you just use ruler guides to make the changes through the different pages? Any idea's? Thanks Julia ...