Different Secondary X Axis but same Y Axis

I am plotting 2 data sets with different X axes.  I would like them to
use the same Y axis, but the only way I can figure it out is if I use a
primary and secondary Y axis of the same values.

This causes me to make a few extra steps is the scaling of the 2 Y axes
change...I have to manually go in and change it.

My primary data series looks like this:
A     10%
B      35%
C     16%
D      44%

My secondary data series looks like this
0      75%
1      75%

I would like for the secondary data series to use the same Y axis %
min/max and the primary.  Any thoughts?

--
Mutiny_92

You already know how to assign a series to the secondary axis. Once
you've done that, go to Chart Options on the Chart menu, click on the
Axes tab, uncheck the secondary Y axis, and check the box for the
appropriate type of secondary X axis.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Mutiny_92 wrote:

> I am plotting 2 data sets with different X axes.  I would like them to
> use the same Y axis, but the only way I can figure it out is if I use a
> primary and secondary Y axis of the same values.
>
> This causes me to make a few extra steps is the scaling of the 2 Y axes
> change...I have to manually go in and change it.
>
> My primary data series looks like this:
> A     10%
> B      35%
> C     16%
> D      44%
>
> My secondary data series looks like this
> 0      75%
> 1      75%
>
> I would like for the secondary data series to use the same Y axis %
> min/max and the primary.  Any thoughts?

Pulling data daily from a differently named report everyday
Hello, I have a spreadsheet where I use formulas to pull data from multiple reports on a shared server everyday. What I do is to save those reports under a certain name everyday since the formulas have to have the static report name in them to pull data. (For example, A1 may pull data from c:\reportfolder\reportA, B1 may pull from c: \reportfolder2\reportB, etc). In these report folders our IT group runs a new report in it everyday but of course they change the name of the report every day (to reflect the date) . . so in the reportfolder there will be "reportA-3-12-2009", and "...

How to fill fill a column with numbers, beginning at number X, counting up.
I simply need to add numbers, beginning with 15,347, (counting upward), to a column with empty values in a table. Is there an easy way to do this, rather than completing it in excel and importing it, then attempting to update the table? Thanks for any suggestions. While I cannot imagine a legitimate use for this, the following code will insert rows starting at 15347 and going to 22000 Dim dbCurr As DAO.Database Dim lngLoop As Long Dim strSQL As String Set dbCurr = CurrentDb For lngLoop = 15347 To 22000 strSQL = "INSERT INTO MyTable (MyField) " & _ "VALUE...

Asus Q-FAN control and X-Fi bluescreen of death possibly related ?
Hello, Since two days or so I have re-enabled Asus's Q-FAN control in the bios to make the cpu fan spin slower when cpu heat is low. I was just playing Dirt 2 Full version with reduced back fan settings. The audio settings where using Rapture3D this made the cpu unusually hot 51 degrees ! I wanted hardware support for the audio so I changed it to hardware... I shutdown Dirt 2... I increased fan speed of the computer case... Then I started Dirt 2 again and bang... blue screen of death ! Naturally this was one a cracked version of Dirt 2... but even a cracked version...

Different margins on different pages
I am setting up a template for letters at work. The first page of our letterhead has one ste of margins and all subsequent pages will have a different sent of margins. I know that section breaks can be used, but if staff copy and paste text from existing letters into this new template, the section break moves. Is there any way of locking the section break to the page? so the pasted text goes over the top of it? Hi Lilly80, You could setup your document with a 'different first page' layout. That allows the first page to have a different set of margins to the rest o...

Ribbon X macro not available

Different values for error bars in series
In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my bar chart. Hi, See Jon's blog on the subject. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/error-bars-in-excel-2007/#comments Cheers Andy On 06/04/2010 15:52, wdwind1 wrote: > In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data > point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my > bar chart. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

A Different CRM for GP
Hello, We are pondering the idea of implementing MS Dynamics CRM. However, I am curious whether anyone else has had success in integrating a different CRM product with GP 10.0. It's not that we don't like the MS product; I just like to ensure I have covered all bases. Our partner does not have any other recommendations as they have not worked with any other CRM applications. Any information would be greatly apprecaited. Thank you, -- Jessie GoldMine is a good product, very mature, and easier to maintain table structures. There are links to GP but I cannot remember the fir...

how do i plot a graph that has more than 2 axis
I would like to know how I could plot a graph that has 2 x axis and 2 y axis on the same graph What are you trying to graph that would require two of each axis? "UK ENGINEERING" wrote: > I would like to know how I could plot a graph that has 2 x axis and 2 y axis > on the same graph Doesn't matter what he's plotting. Here's how to get all axes you're entitled to. Usually when you tell Excel to plot a series on the secondary axis, all it does is add a secondary Y axis. To get a secondary X axis, choose Chart Options from the Chart menu, and on the Axes t...

2 users access calendar online with different rights
hi user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in calendar online http://www.exchangedomain.ch/usersname/kalender/ user B is able to see, but not to add or edit entries at the moment in outlook itself its working. user B can open the folder calendar of user A and make entries and change entries what have to be done that this is possible also with web access exchange ? thankx mike schwarz On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:09:29 +0200, "Mike Schwarz" <ctek@ctek.ch> wrote: >hi > >user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in &...

Same column, different cell width at different row
I have tried inserting a break and split, didn't work. I just want to separate the top half of a page with the bottom half so I can apply different cell width on the same column. Or how would I be able to do this? Same column but different cell width. Thanks! Glenn You can't do that. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Glenn Chung" <GlennChung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20746997-9D99-4684-A352-120370D27036@microsoft.com... >I have tried inserting a break and split, di...

Office X updates will not install
I have Panther (10.3.4) and Office v. X. When I download and try to install the 10.1.2 update it just hangs and says verifying information. I let it sit there for 10 minutes the other day and it would not do anything. I am logged in as local administrator. any help would be appreciated. thanks Jeff Cramner Disconnect from all network drives (including iDisk) before launching the updater. Please see this Apple Knowledge Base article for details: <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107704> On 7/30/04 7:03 AM, in article a450bb88.0407300403.58e5b7c5@posting.google.com, "...

Fixed Assets
When using the Fixed Asset module, I am finding some small differences when compared to the Depreciation calculated by the External Accountants for tax purposes. Client would like to match exactly to the amounts calculated by external accounts. What is the best way to fix this issue? thanks, -- Patti Need more info Patti. What are the depreciation methods/settings that are creating the differences? Does this occur on every asset or just some? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your gptip42today at www.gp2themax.blogs...

Dates Difference
Hi, I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how do i get that in vc++? I have used the DateDiff function in asp but couldn't find anything like that. Also, how can i convert string to a date? thanks in advance karan >I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how >do i get that in vc++? Karan, Convert (if the dates aren't already in this format) the dates/times to FILETIME and subtract the values. >Also, how can i convert string to a date? Try COleDateTime::ParseDateTime or VarDateFromStr. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://ww...

Want to display value and difference on one chart
I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 in a different color. On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, JMH <JMH@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I >want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 >in a different color. Use your spreadsheet to calculate the values, then use the chart to graph them. Never try to use a chart for calculation. ...

Sending from 2 different computers
I have Outlook 2003 on my desktop at home and 2002 on my laptop while traveling. My server is Comcast. I would strongly prefer to use Outlook (rather than Comcast's webmail) on both computers. I have configured Outlook on both computers to receive email. I can also leave a copy on the server so it can be downloaded again later on the other computer, assuring that I always have copies of all emails no matter which computer I'm using. Problem is I can't send from my laptop. I've tried Comcast's instructions for configuring Outlook 2002 for use while traveling, but it doesn&...

Formatting Category Axis
I am trying to format my category axis (y). I can change font and alignment angle but am unable to set alignment such as right, left, justify, etc. I have managed to wrap text by using char(10) in my table formula but cannot seem to change the alignment by the data cell format in table. Cheers The category axis is always the X axis, regardless of whether it's vertical or horizontal. But your uncertainty indicates you're using a horizontal bar chart. It is not possible to change the orientation of wrapped text in axis tick labels. Excel centers them and that's all. You can...

Different shape width in different views in Excel 2007??
In Excel 2007, I create a shape in "Normal" view and set its width to any value (e.g. to 15cm). Now I change to "Page Layout" view and guess what... the width now shows up as something more than 16cm??! (The width property as points in VBA changes accordingly.) Switching to "Page Break View" will result in one more different width value. Is this "just" a big bug in Excel 2007 or did I miss something?? I know that the selected default printer or the chosen zoom factor may have an influence on the shown size of a shape, but these discrepancies are ...

appointment prints different time
Hi, My client uses a french CRM with date format dd/mm/yyyy. when he creates an appointment with the SFO client from e.g. 11 o'clock until 16 o'clock it is saved like correctly. but when he prints it out, the starttime is 8 o'clock and end time 13 o'clock. it is like that for every appointment. it always prints out 3 hours earlier. Anybody had this too? Thanx Cypress, You can check if both the server and the user are in the same time zone. Server: Open Control Panel, Date and Time, Timezone Client: On the laptop open Control Panel, Date and Time, Timezone Open CRM vi...

X Y (Scatter) Chart EXCEL 2007
I am plotting times on both X and Y axis. Y axis is fine. Underlying data fills A 1 to C 7 only. Data in column B and C is formatted as Time 13:30:55. Y axis formats correctly as (from top to bottom):- 14:00:00 13:00:00 12:00:00 - and so on down to and including:- 06:00:00 I want exactly the same format on the X axis. To format X axis I take following actions:- - go to Format Axis pop up window - Number tab change this to Time 13:30:55 - Axis Options tab Minimum: Fixed 0.25 - Axis Options tab Maximum: Fixed 0.58333 (As soon as I do this all the ...

Different Columns on different pages
Hi - think this will be easily resolved but I am stuck! In publisher 2000 how do you create a multipaged, two page spread that has different columns on some pages. I keep bringing myself back to "ignore background" and trying to use "arrange" - "layout Guides" - but this isnt right. Am I thinking too deep? Is the whole point that the layout guides are simply guides and stay the same thorugh the whole document regardless.... you just use ruler guides to make the changes through the different pages? Any idea's? Thanks Julia ...

Difference 05-21-04
What is the difference between CRM standard and professional? -Johnny Johnny wrote: > What is the difference between CRM standard and professional? > > -Johnny Does it have anything to do with Outlook integration? -- - I am Johnny! Your Internet penpal. I have a scooter, how about you? "Johnny" <alphascooter-verizon@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:evfBJNwPEHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Johnny wrote: > > > What is the difference between CRM standard and professional? > > > > -Johnny > Does it have anything to do with Outlook inte...

offsetting Secondary Axes to a cell value
Hi. Here is what i am trying to do. I am trying to create a spreadsheet that will help me graphically display the relationship between Physical harddrive space available and proposed Data chunks allocatted to a particular partition At the moment I am doing it by: Partion1+Partition2...Partion4=TotalDiskSizeAvailable(TDSA) Stacked bar Chart shows each partition up to my TDSA...cool I have created another series that shows the data chunks in a stacked bar chart on a secondary axes.... but i would like it to start from the end of Partition1 aligning with beginning of Partition2(where the dat...

Compare and Merge Two different CRM Instances
We have two different CRM environments that we want to merge into one. My first step was to try and compare the different instances to see what the different were between them. I exported all of the customizations from each and performed a diff. Yuck. Since the customizations don't export the elements in the same order it looks like their are over 7,000 differences between the two files. Reality says that at best there may be 50-100. Is there any way to get these to output in the same order so that I can get a more realistic diff between them? The only other thought I have at this po...

divs are different in different browsers

searching different files macro
I need to search for a certain asset number in the asset column in man different excel files. If the asset number does exist it should copy paste the whole row into a new sheet and build on that sheet . all th excel files have the same columns but different data. i am looking for a macro or any other way to automate this thank yo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see Excel.programming P.S.: please don't multipost -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I need to search for a certain asset number in the asset column in > many different excel files. If ...