Different colors on the x axis titles

Is there a way to have different colors on the titles of the x axis? For
instance, if the titles are months, Jan, Feb, Mar, etc., is it possible to
have January in red font, February in blue font, March in green font, etc.
Thanks for any help.

0
SK

I should note that I am using Excel 2000
"SK" <Nospam> wrote in message
> Is there a way to have different colors on the titles of the x axis? For
> instance, if the titles are months, Jan, Feb, Mar, etc., is it possible to
> have January in red font, February in blue font, March in green font, etc.
> Thanks for any help.

0
SK
2/11/2004 6:18:53 PM
There is a limited ability to do this with custom number formats. But
apparently not with text.

You can use this example to make a dummy axis on you chart:

   http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html

It's not really arbitrary, of course; make yourself a point every month
to apply the labels to. The data labels in the dummy series can be
individually formatted. One nice thing about Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler
is that it copies the font formatting from the cell to the label that's
linked to the cell. So format the cells in the colors you want, then use
the labeler to apply the labels, and they're automatically formatted for
you.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
_______

SK wrote:

> I should note that I am using Excel 2000
> "SK" <Nospam> wrote in message
>
>>Is there a way to have different colors on the titles of the x axis? For
>>instance, if the titles are months, Jan, Feb, Mar, etc., is it possible to
>>have January in red font, February in blue font, March in green font, etc.
>>Thanks for any help.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Asus Q-FAN control and X-Fi bluescreen of death possibly related ?
Hello, Since two days or so I have re-enabled Asus's Q-FAN control in the bios to make the cpu fan spin slower when cpu heat is low. I was just playing Dirt 2 Full version with reduced back fan settings. The audio settings where using Rapture3D this made the cpu unusually hot 51 degrees ! I wanted hardware support for the audio so I changed it to hardware... I shutdown Dirt 2... I increased fan speed of the computer case... Then I started Dirt 2 again and bang... blue screen of death ! Naturally this was one a cracked version of Dirt 2... but even a cracked version...

How to fill fill a column with numbers, beginning at number X, counting up.
I simply need to add numbers, beginning with 15,347, (counting upward), to a column with empty values in a table. Is there an easy way to do this, rather than completing it in excel and importing it, then attempting to update the table? Thanks for any suggestions. While I cannot imagine a legitimate use for this, the following code will insert rows starting at 15347 and going to 22000 Dim dbCurr As DAO.Database Dim lngLoop As Long Dim strSQL As String Set dbCurr = CurrentDb For lngLoop = 15347 To 22000 strSQL = "INSERT INTO MyTable (MyField) " & _ "VALUE...

Pulling data daily from a differently named report everyday
Hello, I have a spreadsheet where I use formulas to pull data from multiple reports on a shared server everyday. What I do is to save those reports under a certain name everyday since the formulas have to have the static report name in them to pull data. (For example, A1 may pull data from c:\reportfolder\reportA, B1 may pull from c: \reportfolder2\reportB, etc). In these report folders our IT group runs a new report in it everyday but of course they change the name of the report every day (to reflect the date) . . so in the reportfolder there will be "reportA-3-12-2009", and "...

Ribbon X macro not available

Different margins on different pages
I am setting up a template for letters at work. The first page of our letterhead has one ste of margins and all subsequent pages will have a different sent of margins. I know that section breaks can be used, but if staff copy and paste text from existing letters into this new template, the section break moves. Is there any way of locking the section break to the page? so the pasted text goes over the top of it? Hi Lilly80, You could setup your document with a 'different first page' layout. That allows the first page to have a different set of margins to the rest o...

Chart line colors
Hi I create a few charts in code from VB.NET using the excel interops, office 2003. In my software I need to be able to set the color of the lines i.e. the color of each series on the chart. There may be up to 9 series per chart. How do I asign a color to the series lines on the chart? Thanks Pieter Get out your version of Excel, make a chart like the one your code will produce, then record a VBA macro while you change the series formats manually. Then all that's left is to translate the VBA into VB.Net. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solut...

Macro to change cell text color
OBJECTIVE: I select a range of cells. I want a macro I can run tha changes the color of the text based on 3 criteria: (1) if a numeric value w/o an = sign or any mathematical operators then RED (2) if a forumla w/ an = sign, but no other operators, then GREEN (3) if a formula w/ an = sign and operators, then BLUE Can anyone post this? Thanks. - Ji -- James ----------------------------------------------------------------------- James C's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1211 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=3953...

Different values for error bars in series
In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my bar chart. Hi, See Jon's blog on the subject. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/error-bars-in-excel-2007/#comments Cheers Andy On 06/04/2010 15:52, wdwind1 wrote: > In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data > point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my > bar chart. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

changing bargraph colors
I have the following code section: void TestGraph::OnShow() { int a, b, c, d; in = fopen("teststring.dat", "rb"); fread(bars, 30, 1, in); fclose(in); CRect cr; CBrush blk(RGB(0,0,0)); GetDlgItem(IDC_PICU1)->GetClientRect(cr); CWnd* pWnd=GetDlgItem(IDC_PICU1); d = (cr.Width()/30); pControlDC=pWnd->GetDC(); pControlDC->SelectObject(blk); c=10; for (b=0; b<30; b++) { a = ((bars[b+0x30]*10)/14) + 1; pControlDC->Rectangle (c, cr.Height(), c+2, cr.Height()-a); c+=d; } } The file teststring.dat contains 30 bytes data in t...

how do i plot a graph that has more than 2 axis
I would like to know how I could plot a graph that has 2 x axis and 2 y axis on the same graph What are you trying to graph that would require two of each axis? "UK ENGINEERING" wrote: > I would like to know how I could plot a graph that has 2 x axis and 2 y axis > on the same graph Doesn't matter what he's plotting. Here's how to get all axes you're entitled to. Usually when you tell Excel to plot a series on the secondary axis, all it does is add a secondary Y axis. To get a secondary X axis, choose Chart Options from the Chart menu, and on the Axes t...

A Different CRM for GP
Hello, We are pondering the idea of implementing MS Dynamics CRM. However, I am curious whether anyone else has had success in integrating a different CRM product with GP 10.0. It's not that we don't like the MS product; I just like to ensure I have covered all bases. Our partner does not have any other recommendations as they have not worked with any other CRM applications. Any information would be greatly apprecaited. Thank you, -- Jessie GoldMine is a good product, very mature, and easier to maintain table structures. There are links to GP but I cannot remember the fir...

Office X updates will not install
I have Panther (10.3.4) and Office v. X. When I download and try to install the 10.1.2 update it just hangs and says verifying information. I let it sit there for 10 minutes the other day and it would not do anything. I am logged in as local administrator. any help would be appreciated. thanks Jeff Cramner Disconnect from all network drives (including iDisk) before launching the updater. Please see this Apple Knowledge Base article for details: <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107704> On 7/30/04 7:03 AM, in article a450bb88.0407300403.58e5b7c5@posting.google.com, "...

2 users access calendar online with different rights
hi user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in calendar online http://www.exchangedomain.ch/usersname/kalender/ user B is able to see, but not to add or edit entries at the moment in outlook itself its working. user B can open the folder calendar of user A and make entries and change entries what have to be done that this is possible also with web access exchange ? thankx mike schwarz On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:09:29 +0200, "Mike Schwarz" <ctek@ctek.ch> wrote: >hi > >user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in &...

Same column, different cell width at different row
I have tried inserting a break and split, didn't work. I just want to separate the top half of a page with the bottom half so I can apply different cell width on the same column. Or how would I be able to do this? Same column but different cell width. Thanks! Glenn You can't do that. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Glenn Chung" <GlennChung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20746997-9D99-4684-A352-120370D27036@microsoft.com... >I have tried inserting a break and split, di...

Fixed Assets
When using the Fixed Asset module, I am finding some small differences when compared to the Depreciation calculated by the External Accountants for tax purposes. Client would like to match exactly to the amounts calculated by external accounts. What is the best way to fix this issue? thanks, -- Patti Need more info Patti. What are the depreciation methods/settings that are creating the differences? Does this occur on every asset or just some? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your gptip42today at www.gp2themax.blogs...

Dates Difference
Hi, I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how do i get that in vc++? I have used the DateDiff function in asp but couldn't find anything like that. Also, how can i convert string to a date? thanks in advance karan >I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how >do i get that in vc++? Karan, Convert (if the dates aren't already in this format) the dates/times to FILETIME and subtract the values. >Also, how can i convert string to a date? Try COleDateTime::ParseDateTime or VarDateFromStr. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://ww...

Want to display value and difference on one chart
I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 in a different color. On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, JMH <JMH@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I >want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 >in a different color. Use your spreadsheet to calculate the values, then use the chart to graph them. Never try to use a chart for calculation. ...

Formatting Category Axis
I am trying to format my category axis (y). I can change font and alignment angle but am unable to set alignment such as right, left, justify, etc. I have managed to wrap text by using char(10) in my table formula but cannot seem to change the alignment by the data cell format in table. Cheers The category axis is always the X axis, regardless of whether it's vertical or horizontal. But your uncertainty indicates you're using a horizontal bar chart. It is not possible to change the orientation of wrapped text in axis tick labels. Excel centers them and that's all. You can...

Sending from 2 different computers
I have Outlook 2003 on my desktop at home and 2002 on my laptop while traveling. My server is Comcast. I would strongly prefer to use Outlook (rather than Comcast's webmail) on both computers. I have configured Outlook on both computers to receive email. I can also leave a copy on the server so it can be downloaded again later on the other computer, assuring that I always have copies of all emails no matter which computer I'm using. Problem is I can't send from my laptop. I've tried Comcast's instructions for configuring Outlook 2002 for use while traveling, but it doesn&...

Excel 2007 noncontiguous cell highlight color=light,light blue. How do I make it darker, or like Excel 2003 ( I'm extremely shade blind-PLZ HELP !! )
I have extreme shade blindness & need massive help. In Excel 2003, if I select 5 noncontigious cells the last cell retains it's color while the 1st 4 become a darker color, like emerald green, charcoal or something, which I can see and keep track of which cells I've selected. In Excel 2007 this color is a blue so light that frankly I can't see it. How do I change this color(& I guess in Excel 2010 also) back to the way it was in Excel 2003, or something dark that I can see? Thanks, Dave You have responses at your other posts. On 07/27/2011 15:53, DCJM wrote: >...

Different shape width in different views in Excel 2007??
In Excel 2007, I create a shape in "Normal" view and set its width to any value (e.g. to 15cm). Now I change to "Page Layout" view and guess what... the width now shows up as something more than 16cm??! (The width property as points in VBA changes accordingly.) Switching to "Page Break View" will result in one more different width value. Is this "just" a big bug in Excel 2007 or did I miss something?? I know that the selected default printer or the chosen zoom factor may have an influence on the shown size of a shape, but these discrepancies are ...

Different Columns on different pages
Hi - think this will be easily resolved but I am stuck! In publisher 2000 how do you create a multipaged, two page spread that has different columns on some pages. I keep bringing myself back to "ignore background" and trying to use "arrange" - "layout Guides" - but this isnt right. Am I thinking too deep? Is the whole point that the layout guides are simply guides and stay the same thorugh the whole document regardless.... you just use ruler guides to make the changes through the different pages? Any idea's? Thanks Julia ...

Color rule
Hi I would like to use colors to change an email when received from 1 of a group of like 60 people. (All 60 senders I would like to color their email when recieved) I am limited by the number of color rules that I am allowed to put into place. I am unable to create one rule for the group of users as well, as I get an error and outlook closes on me. There is probably a very simple script that can be written but I am not that familiar with writing those. I have tried to assign category through a rule on the list of these people, but it will not allow me to upload to the exchange ...

X Y (Scatter) Chart EXCEL 2007
I am plotting times on both X and Y axis. Y axis is fine. Underlying data fills A 1 to C 7 only. Data in column B and C is formatted as Time 13:30:55. Y axis formats correctly as (from top to bottom):- 14:00:00 13:00:00 12:00:00 - and so on down to and including:- 06:00:00 I want exactly the same format on the X axis. To format X axis I take following actions:- - go to Format Axis pop up window - Number tab change this to Time 13:30:55 - Axis Options tab Minimum: Fixed 0.25 - Axis Options tab Maximum: Fixed 0.58333 (As soon as I do this all the ...

appointment prints different time
Hi, My client uses a french CRM with date format dd/mm/yyyy. when he creates an appointment with the SFO client from e.g. 11 o'clock until 16 o'clock it is saved like correctly. but when he prints it out, the starttime is 8 o'clock and end time 13 o'clock. it is like that for every appointment. it always prints out 3 hours earlier. Anybody had this too? Thanx Cypress, You can check if both the server and the user are in the same time zone. Server: Open Control Panel, Date and Time, Timezone Client: On the laptop open Control Panel, Date and Time, Timezone Open CRM vi...