delete a selection

how do i delete  part of a chart to leave no unwanted space..

Hi,

We are going to need more information.
What chart type?
Where is the space you want to remove?

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"flirtacious" <flirtacious@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how do i delete  part of a chart to leave no unwanted space..

0
andy9699 (3616)
11/23/2007 8:52:37 AM
On Nov 22, 3:10 pm, flirtacious
<flirtaci...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> how do i delete  part of a chart to leave no unwanted space..

I suspect you want to do one of two things:

-delete some of the original data (just delete the cells), or

-- re-scale one of your axes to set a higher minimum value
0
gmklass (104)

simple deletion of email
Everyone in my office can hit their delete button and bye- bye to emails. My Microsoft Outlook looks different and it will not just delete. First is changes the email's color, draws a line through it and then in a second step I have to go up and purge the deleted underlined emails.. why? They are Windows 2000/Office XP. I am on Office and Windows XP. Because it sounds like you have an IMAP account and that's how you have to Delete items in IMAP "scott" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b54f01c4378e$98a06a30$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Everyon...

Exchange Server Sending to select recipients.............
I have update all records including the PTR, however, exchange 2003 is sending to some recipients and not other such as: hotmail, MSN and other local Exchange Servers. I can however send to my yahoo.com mail -- Thanks for you assistance! In news:4035D5F9-0F64-459B-BE7F-34F5C79E190E@microsoft.com, Sean <Sean8621@yahoo.com> typed: > I have update all records including the PTR, however, exchange 2003 is > sending to some recipients and not other such as: hotmail, MSN and > other local Exchange Servers. I can however send to my yahoo.com mail What's your domain name? p...

Using a fields drop down selection to populate 2nd fields drop dow
Hi, I've been searching over the forums for the past hour and I cant seem to find what may help solve my problem, hopefully its not redundant: Goal: In a Query, have field 1, and its chosen value from its drop down list, populate a second field next to it, and the 2nd fileds drop down list values. Set up: I have a table full of vendors names, and info. I have a second table full of fields for invoice data, (i.e field 1 is a drop down of vendors, field 2 is a drop down of PO's from a PO table, Field 3 is the invoice total, etc...) and all respective relationships are a one-to...

disk cleanup deletes Money
Everytime I run my disk cleanup utility it deletes Money Express. Any ideas why this happens or how to prevent it? Thanks What is Money Express? Is it deleting the data files (designated by ????.MNY where ???? is the name of your Money files, assuming this is Microsoft Money). >-----Original Message----- >Everytime I run my disk cleanup utility it deletes Money >Express. > >Any ideas why this happens or how to prevent it? > >Thanks >. > oscar It probably realizes that Money Express is Totally useless. Bob "oscar" <anonymous@discussions.micros...

Cannot delete an email
I am trying to delete an email that is in the Deleted items folder and it tells me "Item canot be deleted. It was either moved or already deleted, or access was denied." Just an email from someone on our existing Exchange 5.5 server. I am using Outlook 98. It also shows it has not been read, even though I have opened it. Thanks, RJ ...

bug!!!! vc++6 deletes files!!!!!!
when i use vc++6, it happens that vc deletes my class files(heder files or soruce files)! it's horrible becouse i must reconstruct the deleted code. is there any patch for this bug?? winnicki "Winnicki" <rsobies(at)wp.pl> wrote in message news:O8qoCg$vEHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > when i use vc++6, it happens that vc deletes my class files(heder files or > soruce files)! it's horrible becouse i must reconstruct the deleted code. is > there any patch for this bug?? > I can assure you that if all installations of VC++6 worked this way it would have di...

How to perform FULL ROW selection on a CListCtrl?
Hi, I am using Visual C++ 4.2 and I have questions about: 1. How to perform FULL ROW selection on a CListCtrl? My CListCtrl is created on the dialog resource, NOT dynamically created. 2. After selecting FULL ROW, how to get the selected CListCtrl item data to further process? Thank you very much. 1. Call ModifyStyleEx(0,LVS_FULLROWSELECT); on the list control from your dialogs OnInitDialog method. 2. Setup a handler for the LVN_ITEMCHANGED message AliR. "Landon" <Landon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DF597E5-41C7-46F8-9981-CD3BEDA4AB94@micros...

Is thre a way to use a multi-area selection in SLOPE() formula
I want to use a multi-range selection as arguments for known_x and known_y in the SLOPE() function. If i am on, say, the known_y argument, and select a range, and then press CTL and select another non-contiguous range, Excel simply produced two ranges separated by commas, and this means that the second selection is treated by Excel as the second argument ot the slope function, i.e. the known_x argument, and not as a multi-area seleciton for the frist argument to the function, the known_y argument. Is it possible in some way to accomplish this? Thanks, tom Tom, You can't do tha...

Outlook 2003 Font Selection
I'm running Outlook 2003 under XP. I want my font on outgoing messages to be 14 Aerial. I go into Tools/Options/Mail format Stationery and fonts and select 14 pt Arial. when I bring up a new message window I still type the message in Times New roman. I have none selected in stationery and a check by always use my fonts. I am not using Word to draft the messages. Any thoughts? Dennis don't use word. "Dennis Hughes" <dvhughes@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:40E86814.4446EFD0@mindspring.com... > I'm running Outlook 2003 under XP. > > I want my...

Deleted "Investments to Watch"
Hello, I have managed to delete my "Investment to Watch" folder and now I can't get it back again. How do I get it back, because now I can't access any market indexs. Create a new investment account, set the watch account flag. Add investments to the watch account. Assuming you didn't delete the investments as well, they should all still be defined. "Chris" <cw_aus@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:446d01c375f5$383fd2d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I have managed to delete my "Investment to Watch" folder > and now I can'...

Error Deleting a custom field
Hi I created a custom field on an entity in CRM and now when I try to delete it I get an error. Is there anything I could try? I get the generic CRM message despite the web config dev errors being turned on. My system has up to UR4 installed on it. I would really appreciate some suggestions. Regards CRMUser_2008 "CRM 2008" <CRM2008@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA0DBA3E-940B-4385-9019-86469F0E1BCB@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I created a custom field on an entity in CRM and now when I try to delete > it > I get an error. Is there anything...

Deleting or renaming backup personal folders
I thought I had posted this message a couple of days ago, but can't find it. Excuse me if you've already replied. In exporting Outlook (XP Home) data to my laptop (also XP Home), it looks like I somehow created two "backups" of the entire "Outlook Today" personal folders tree. They don't cause a problem, but they are confusing. I tried to delete or rename them, with no luck. How can I do this? Renaming would be good, if I then could rename one of those backups for personal use. Can I set up another set of personal folders, with a new name? charley kay &l...

Delete a class from a project
I'm developing an app in Visual Studio.net using Microsoft Visual C++ .NET. I need to delete a class from a project. Deleting the .h and .cpp files and all other references in the source code to the class does not remove the reference to the class and it's file names from the project. It still appears in the class view and the compiler will still look for the files resulting in an error. VC++ 6.0 had an awkward way of doing it using the class wizard. I have no idea of how VS.net handles it. Anyone ever completely delete a class from a project successfully in VS.net. Any th...

deleting a closed batch
Hi There, finally ready to start using the system live and like a dummy I tested the Z report and closed a batch. I didn't realize that there was some transacations (items subsequently deleted). So before I start I was hoping to just delete the batch (not posted yet) so that I can start fresh. I realize that this would not be a typical occurrence, and could be dangerous. Should I just do a manual "refund" of blank items for the previous batch? Or maybe just close a billing cycle? thanks Hi Kevin - you could simply delete all transactions in your database using the del...

deleted hotmail account refuses to leave!
Use Tools - Email - Change existing to remove a hotmail account. Seems to be removed just fine. Add a different hotmail account, okay. The account whcih was removed still shows up in the Folder List, and cannot be closed. An error message, "...object could not be found" pops up. Additionally, when opening Outlook, there is always a server timeout for these accounts, but I don't know which one. How do I remove all references to the hotmail account I don't want anymore? Thanks ...

Auditing deletion of emails from shared mailbox
I have a shared mailbox which is accessed by around a dozen staff. Occasionally when someone outside of this group sends an email to the shared mailbox with read receipt etc switched on, they are sent a message back saying that their message was deleted without being read. ie To: IMAC Subject: Oracle Problem Call Sent: 30/10/2006 15:28 was deleted without being read on 30/10/2006 16:44. I've setup a replica mailbox, which automatically receives copies of all messages sent to IMAC mailbox, so we have proof that the messages are receieved. But I suspect a rule is run...

Deleted Items folder in OE not working
Hi; All of a sudden I can't delete email messages in OE. The Deleted Items Folder is suddenly empty and hitting the delete key on highlighted message does nothing. When I try to drag a message to the Deleted folder I get and error message that says :The selected message cannot be moved. An error has occurred." I can move the message to other folders however. Any known cures for this ? Thanks; Pat Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of I...

How to delete an unsent "Read Receipt"
I accidently told Outlook to send a "read receipt" for a message that was received in an email account that I've deleted from Outlook. Outlook is now constantly trying to send the receipt, but it won't go through since the email account is not in outlook anymore, so a dialog box is constantly popping up asking me for proper user id and password. I don't know how to delete the unsent "read receipt" message, as I can't see it anywhere. Thanks much for any help ...

Help! Have deleted Outlook 2000 files in error!
I deleted a mcafee trial version of SpamKiller and unfortunately I have at the same time deleted various shared files shared with Outlook 2000 which has caused me numerous error messages. Any ideas how I can fix this without losing all my saved emails. Before anyone says it, I will say it myself-"Yes Iam an idiot for deleting the program from Windows Explorer instead of the install /removal program" If anyone can help, I will not repeat this stupid action again. Thank you Have you tried Detect and Repair from any Office Help program? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] P...

delete email from server after uploading email to Outlook?
After uploading email to Outlook from my webmail server, the messages remain on the server. If I delete the messages from the server, how do I ensure that the email remains in Outlook and is not delected from Outlook during Send/Receive? what type of email account do you use? if pop, they will not be deleted from outlook; if imap or exchange you'll need to move the messages in outlook to a new pst if you want them deleted from the server but left in outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http:...

Delete all nonused rows and colums "Part2"
Hello! > Please help me with a problem in Excel 98 that I havn�t been able to figure > out. > When Im finished with my workbook and want it to look neat I want do delete > (or hide) all colums and rows that Im not using on the worksheet so only the > "used" part of the sheet is displayed. How do I do that? > > Please help me! > > Many thanks in advance! > > Marcus Thanks for the help with select, hide and delete but if I want to hide the rest of the rows on the worksheet there is thousens of rows to hide and there must be a better way then to select ...

Automati deletion of Junk Mail doesn't work
Using Entourage 11.1.0 on Tiger. Despite me having set Entourage to 'Delete messages from the Junk E-Mail folder older than 1 days', junk email remains in the folder until I manually clear it. This has always been the case, under Panther as well, and continues post Entourage database rebuild. Anyone know why this is? Cheers...Steven The deletion will take place after you have quit the program. On 8/7/05 7:29 PM, in article 1123468195.132054.287630@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "emailus@primus.com.au" <emailus@primus.com.au> wrote: > Using Entourage 11.1.0 on T...

Indicating selected cell
I have a worksheet set up with borders around the cells and when the cell is selected, it just shows a thin double line around 3 sides of the cell selected so it is hard to tell which cell is selected. Is there a way to shade or display the selected cell in a different color? LGuest, Try this out: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm John "LGuest" <LGBeach8@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:142201c3e031$0047f140$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have a worksheet set up with borders around the cells > and when the cell is selected, it just shows a thin double > lin...

How do I delete a Template in Publisher
Having created several Publisher templates I now wish to delete some of these. How do I do this. Don Wood wrote: || Having created several Publisher templates I now wish to delete some || of these. || || How do I do this. Easiest way I have done it because I am too lazy to create a folder to the templates folder (let along memorize the path) is to open a blank publication, go to File > Save As > and change the file type to Publisher template. The dialog window will show your templates. Just highlight the ones you want to delete and delete them. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publ...

How to delete data
Hi, I have thousands of daily data and I don't know how to automatically delete all the other data and just leave the end of the month data without doing it manually. Or just choose the end of the month data to create a chart. Note, that each date has a respective number, 45%. Please advise. A 1/1/02 1/2/02.... ..... ..... 1/31/02 2/1/02.... ..... ..... 2/28/02 ..... etc. You could extract the month end data with an Advanced Filter. For example, with a heading in cell A1, and your dates starting in cell A2-- In cell D2, enter the formula: =A2=DATE(YEAR(A2),MONTH(A2)+1,0) Sel...