Define the size of an Excel Chart (Office 2007)??

Hi All,

I'm connecting an Excel File to SQL DB, pulling some data into a Pivot
Table, create a Pivot Chart and publish it to an Excel Service in
Sharepoint....

everything works fine, but I have a problem defining the size of the
chart....

how can I define the size of the chart??? if I "right click" in the
Chart area, under "Format Chart Area" I cannot find any property about
the size or dimension... how can I do it???

thanks and sorry for the "silly" question...

thanks

Vit
0
FiNaR76 (5)

Outlook Professional 2007
Have attempted to open the above a number of times and I get the message that it is not possible - "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook Window" I have inserted the master disc and undertake a repair, which took about 10 minutes, and after re-booting I got the same message. Can anyone help, please. Have you created a profile for Outlook to use? Is this a new installation or did this work before? "esox1936" <esox1936@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF011B69-2099-417A-9E69-5B3ED6D171BB@microsoft.com... >...

Excel from PDF
This might not be the place to ask this, but I thought I'd give it a try. I have a pdf file, where there's a table of information and someone wants me to create an excel spreadsheet. I can copy and paste, but I'm not sure if the contents will be separated by anything. I have Acrobat. Has anything tried this. I realise it's ther reverse of what is usually done. Thanks for any thoughts. Diana Copy and paste it is. Have you tried it? AIR, in Acrobat you can tell it you are selecting a table. On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 16:01:04 -0800, "Cowtoon" <Cowtoon@discussion...

Losing Formatting in 2003 to 2007 worksheets
I keep losing all the formating on my worksheets when going form 2003 to 2007 and vice-versa. I try to fix it and then it reverts back to a non-formatted sheet. How do I correct? Similar problem with a solution ... http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=774151 -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA ( remove unused number formats/styles or excess cond. formatting... free download: http://excelusergroup.org/media/p/4861.aspx ) "dalia007ii" <dalia007ii@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AEE20258-5A02-43F8-B316-BDCBD45350F9@micro...

Can you set dual axis side by side column charts?
I'm trying to create a column chart where the secondary axis is next to the primary. Excel keeps making the 2 overlap, how do I make them set side by side. This is so annoying but Jon has solved the problem, see http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Shane Daniel" <Shane Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70D102C7-423F-45DB-9DD2-0C075C212C51@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to create a column chart where the secondary axis is next to > t...

Initializing a 2D array with image size
i have a structure 'struct Node' ; and inside the ....::OnOpenDocument(LPCTSTR lpszPathName) function is 'm_imName = lpszPathName;' . i m initializing my image with 'm_image = new MyImage();' then i m reading an image : 'm_image->ReadMyImage( (char*) LPCTSTR(m_imName)) ;' and i want to initialize my 2d array with image size that i ve just read : Node** m_dist = (Node**) new Node[m_image->m_height][m_image->m_width]; but i got error, it says "non-constant expression as array bound" , what can i do to initialize my array with the just read...

current time on excel
Right now I am using =Now() to display the current time. However, thi isn't perfect bc it only gives the time when there was last activity o the workbook. Is there a way to display current time even if excel i in idle -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi pikapika13 It is possible to make this but I don't like it. you must use Ontime to update the worksheet http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "pikapika13 >" <<pikapika13.18bp6f@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:pikapika13.18b...

How do I get rid of "getting started with Microsoft Office Access"
I've just "moved up" to Office 2007 from Office XP. How can I get rid of the annoying Access startup page, "Getting Started with Microsoft Office Access", or at least modify it to get rid of the "Featured Online Templates" and "Microsoft Office Online" frames. I prefer a clean, uncluttered interface, as in Access XP. I know that you can avoid this by opening a database file directly, but that isn't always the most efficient method of working. Thank you. You can not get rid of this feature. This is the 'new' startupscreen o...

Have Windows ME, need Excel
Is there an inexpensive method of getting Excel?? Our Compaq came with ME which does not, of course have Excel and I NEED it!! Thank you. <yanthabht@aol.com> wrote in message news:044f01c38d12$15c29fb0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there an inexpensive method of getting Excel?? Piracy, blackmailing, kidnapping, armed robbery, theft, undressing at the wrong occations or secondhand markets like www.ebay.com. You will of course not use other cheaper excel-compatible spreadsheet programs, so go for blackmaining or secondhand ;-) Best wishes Harald Followup to newsgroups only please. S...

Excel formula bar
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel The formula bar in Excel has migrated part way off the screen to the left so I can neither close it nor move it. How can I get it back onto the screen? First thing to try: While Excel is running go to System Preferences> Display & set your display resolution to a higher setting. Switch back to Excel & see if you can drag the bar back to the middle of the screen, then set your resolution back to its normal setting. If that doesn't work post a new message in the Excel group for other suggestions. Make su...

Incoorrect date formats in Excel 2000
H I'm inporting a .txt file into excel. Some of the dates are coming across correctly i.e. DD/MM/YYYY however some come through in a different format (MM/DD/YYYY). I've checked the format of the cell and it's the same as the cells that are working correctly. I've even tried a paste special and just pasted the format but it doesn't seem to change anything. Any idea's would be appreciated!! If it's a .txt file, don't you get the import wizard to open up? And then you can specify the correct format for each field--including mdy or dmy. JimPNicholls wrote: > ...

Collections Management
Dynamics GP v9 - Collections Management Users are unable to use "user defined letters" (Word Documents) for mass mailings. They are limited to only using predefined letters, or printing each letter individually for every customer. Error received when users attempt to use a custom letter: -------------------------------------------------- Unhandled script exception: Cannot find report "COL_Reminder_UpcomingDue". EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_MISSING SCRIPT_CMD_REPORT -------------------------------------------------- ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microso...

Printing column headings in Excel
Hi, This should be easy to do, but I can't work out how..... I have a simple Excel spreadsheet all on one sheet. When printed it covers several pages. I would like to have a heading printed on each page to indicate what each column is. I can make this happen by inserting a 'heading' to the row immediately following a page break. Can Excel print my headings without me having to manually insert each one after the page breaks ? Thanks, Colin "File->Page Setup->Sheet" Under "Print Titles" set the "Rows to repeat at top" to your heading row ($1:$...

Autofill Cells in Excel XP
Hi I hope I am explaining myself correctly. One of my users has used "Autofill" for one of his cells, and it seem that the cell he is referencing from is not being used, and is onl referencing for the first cells but not the rest. For Example: A calculation exists in cell C7 which references the contents of J7 Using autofill the calculation can be expanded down the entire column. Although the autofil will reference the calculation to the appropriat J column value (e.g. C113 will reference J113) the result displayed is for the C calculation. Can anyone help, if I go into e.g....

Database Size #3
Hi. I've tried posting this question a few times in the last couple of weeks but so far I haven't been able to get a clear or straight-forward answer so I thought I'd give it one more shot before I pay for an incident....here it is... What is the best way to decrease the database size without getting rid of your sales history? My reseller suggested I remove the old journals (gif files) but I'm not sure how to do this. Please help!! ...

Excel file automatically entering string in cell for each row
I have a really simple Excel file that is being used for a Credit Card Log. The user enters data for each purchase order, the data that is kept is, PONum PODate POVendor PODescription POAmount POObjectCode POComplete (True/False) POCarryover (True/False) Each cardholder has their own file, and this file is processed into a SQL Server database. I also need to store the a unique identifier for each cardholder with each record. How can I have Excel automatically fill in a cell with predetermined data (can be on a different sheet) for each row that the user enters data on? I hope I am cle...

Copying To Excel Using Macro
I can get the subject, attachment info and date from an email to be copied to excel, but does anyone know a way to get lines from the actual message. Is there some property of the Folder.Items that gets me this? My problem is that I have a huge set of emails whose messages look something like this: Name: John Smith Telephone: 555-555-5555 and I need to write a macro to automatically copy these to a database. Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet me...

Application-defined or object-defined error
Hi, I find myself stumped by an incredibly easy piece of code and one that I have used before. I am getting the error: Run-time error '1004': Application-defined or object-defined error I am getting the error when I run the following code: Private Sub Workbook_Open() With Application .ScreenUpdating = False .DisplayAlerts = False Workbooks.Open "\\depot02\rel\www\internal\business_areas\edg\Metrics\Phones\HighHoldTimesDetailed.xls" Workbooks("HighHoldTimesDetailed.xls").Worksheets("data").Cells.Copy _ Workbooks("phoneholdtime...

runtime error 2465: application-defined or object-defined error
I'm trying to use a button on a main form to change the sort order of a sub- subform.When I execute the following, I get runtime error 2465: application- defined or object-defined error. opting to debug, I find the line with orderbyon highlighted. Anybody see what's wrong? Private sub timesort_click() Forms![control]![worklist]![approved].Form.OrderBy = "Forms![control]! [worklist]![approved]![time]" Forms![control]![worklist]![approved].Form.OrderBy0n = True End Sub -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/a...

Data Validation Allow List
Is there a way to click on the resulting combo box and have ALL the list items show up instead of just what seems like the default of about 8--I can scroll, but would like to just point and choose? Also, is there a way to change the font of this combo box? The resulting look like they are about 6 or 8 points. Any help is appreciated. Is this the right forum doug? If you are using a combo box (from the control toolbox) as opposed to a validation list you can change visible rows but not if you use validation Debra has a solution here http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal10.html -- R...

Outlook (Office) 2007 Updates
I have never installed an Outlook update. When I go to the list, there are so many! Is there a single one with everything? J "J" <J@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A73216C-8F2B-4190-A4CA-EE37822DEEEE@microsoft.com... >I have never installed an Outlook update. When I go to the list, there are so > many! Is there a single one with everything? No, there's no single one. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Excel formulas #9
I need a formula to compute a final grade for a class when there are assignments missing. I also need to figure out what my target grade is using goalseek?? I need an if formula that displays TRUE if you are currently passing your class and FALSE if you are not. Any help would be appreciated. To help you we would probably need a bit more information from you - 1)how will you calculate the final grade? (EG Average of Assignments 1-10) 2)What grade/percentage dertines the pass grade Kind regards Paul Falla >-----Original Message----- >I need a formula to compute a final grade for ...

Opening 2007 Excel files in 2003
I have installed the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 File Formats (FileFormatConverters.exe). Yet when I attempt to open a 2007 in 2003 it does not open. I get an error stating the ‘file is in an unrecognisable format, but no other message". Any ideas what to do when the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack does not work> Many thanks. Chris Hi, one thing you can do is to save the Excel 2007 file with the extension .html and open this new html file with Excel 2003. "Jedi" <Jedi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

how to do self-defined regression in excel?
Hi, I want to do regression ananlysis in excel using a sigmoid function, which is not offered in the general 6 functions in excel(by adding trendline). How can I do it? Thanks. The Analysis ToolPak - VBA addin has a regression function and probably everything else you want. Tools > AddIns then checkmark Analysis ToolPak - VBA Go back to Tools dropdown and it should be listed near the bottotm of the dropdown. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, I want to do regression ananlysis in excel using a >sigmoid function, which is not offered in the general 6 >functions in excel(by a...

how can i auto text in excel
-- how can i auto text in excel Sue I assume you mean that you want AutoComplete. Go to Tools, Options, Edit and select the box at the bottom: Enable AutoComplete for Cell Values. To set up things to replace (for example I have my version replacing my initials with my name), go to Tools, AutoCorrect Options and set things up in there. HTH David "Sue" wrote: > > -- how can i auto text in excel > Sue ...

Adding Comments From Cells To Chart Points.
Hi all I have spent a large portion of my weekend trying to find the answer to this. Without much luck! I have finally come up with my own code and was hoping someone could have a look at it. I'm looking to clean it up and make it a little more efficient. Thanks in advance, Greg. Sub AddCommentsToChartPoints() Dim ws As Worksheet Dim ct As ChartObject Dim serSeries As SeriesCollection Dim ser As Series Dim Counter As Integer Dim ChartName As String Dim xVals As String Dim xAddress As String 'Loop through each worksheet in workbook For Each ws In Worksheets 'Lo...