decimal point position for less than 1 million

I have a chart based on a worksheet with values both above and below
1,000,000.  The chart labels show values above 1 million correctly
(e.g., 2,500,000 is represented as 2.5 M) but for values under 1
million, it puts the decimal point after the "M" rather than befor the
number (e.g., 520,000 should be represented as .52 M, but instead looks
like "52M."

Anyone know how to correct this?

Thanks!

--
BethG
BethG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36510

Hi
I can help you. Please send me that file to mohdraf@hotmail.com i will reply
you.
Thanks and regards
Muhammed Rafeek M

"BethG" wrote:

> I have a chart based on a worksheet with values both above and below
> 1,000,000.  The chart labels show values above 1 million correctly
> (e.g., 2,500,000 is represented as 2.5 M) but for values under 1
> million, it puts the decimal point after the "M" rather than befor the
> number (e.g., 520,000 should be represented as .52 M, but instead looks
> like "52M."
>
> Anyone know how to correct this?
>
> Thanks!
>

> --
> BethG
> BethG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36510
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=562689

That must be the result of a custom format that you (or someone else)
created.

You may want to check the format (double-click the y-axis and select the
Number tab) and consider something like
[<1000000]0.0,,"M";0,,"M"

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <BethG.2b63lu_1153270509.8283@excelforum-nospam.com>,
BethG.2b63lu_1153270509.8283@excelforum-nospam.com says...

> I have a chart based on a worksheet with values both above and below
> 1,000,000.  The chart labels show values above 1 million correctly
> (e.g., 2,500,000 is represented as 2.5 M) but for values under 1
> million, it puts the decimal point after the "M" rather than befor the
> number (e.g., 520,000 should be represented as .52 M, but instead looks
> like "52M."
>
> Anyone know how to correct this?
>
> Thanks!
>

> --
> BethG
> BethG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36510
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=562689

Change a positive number to negative number
I have a column of positive numbers that I need to change to negativ numbers. Is there an easy way to do this? Right now I manualy make th change. Thank you, Pa -- patowen ----------------------------------------------------------------------- patowens's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2456 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38155 patowens, put -1 in an empty cell, copy that cell, select the numbers you want to change, right click and paste special, check multiply, OK. -- Paul B Always backup your data before tr...

Lost RMS 1.3 CD
How can I get a replacement cd for RMS 1.3 ? Been using RMS for 5 years and don't want to upgrade to 2.0 Sorry meant 1.2. "GW" wrote: > How can I get a replacement cd for RMS 1.3 ? Been using RMS for 5 years and > don't want to upgrade to 2.0 I seriously doubt that you can get Version 1.2 from Microsoft. I know their policy if you were to lose the current version, i.e., 2.0 - If you are under a current maintenance agreement, there is no charge for the first set of lost disks. If you are not under a current maintenance agreement, the fee is $ 50.00, plus ab...

SOP NonInventory Unit Cost 6 Decimal Places
Is there any simple way to increase the currency decimal places to greater than the current highest value of 5? Thanx Scott, I don't believe there is any easy or even moderately difficult way to do this, as the field types used to store amounts in GP only go up to 5 decimal places. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com "Scott Rutledge" <sersoar@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:E102B81B-8555-400E-843C-240C58794294@microsoft.com... > Is there any...

Pages keep changing position
I recently had Microsoft Office 2007 installed on my computer at work, and am having awful problems with Publisher 2007. I produce a multi-page newsletter which I originally created in Publisher 2000 and have imported into 2007. However, when I am in the middle of working on it, the pages seem to move around by themselves, so that page 1 may end up on page 7 and page 3 suddenly appear on the front cover! This makes me reluctant to save even the tiniest change in case other pages have moved spontaneously while I was working. Nothing in particular seems to trigger this movement. Has anyb...

Reduce currency decimals
Hi, Is there any tool which will reduce the currency decimals on our Great Plains system. We want to reduce our system currency decimals. Thank you. KT I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but there's Tools >> Utilities >> Inventory >> Change Decimal Places This utility can change the decimal places for items. I don't know of any system-wide change for decimal places. Eleni "KT" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there any tool which will reduce the currency decimals on our Great > Plains system. We want to reduce our system currency decimals....

OE6 not receiving attachment from 1 Outlook sender
I posted this in the OE forum but wanted to cross post here as well. I know different people visit different places and I need all the help I can get: I have 3 OE identities on 2 computers that do not recieve attachments from 1 sender who is using Outlook. Attachments from any other sender are recieved fine. This does not occur with all OE accounts. I use OE and recieve the attachments fine. I've looked at one of the computers (the other is a vendor's) and the "Do not allow attachments...." is NOT checked in the security tab. This "stripping" occurs wit...

How do I link to an Item within a Public Folder in MS Outlook 2000SR-1?
Title says it all. -- Regards. Chris. Remove MAPSON to reply to me directly. This post represents the views of the author and does not necessarily accurately represent the views of BT. ...

How to locate the scrollbar'nob to last position in CFileDialog?
Hi dear! I want to find any file from some directory in which there are a lot of files. I had to try that scrollbar's knob to the last position every time. So I hope the knob would be located at rightmost as I opened CFileDialog first initially. I have tried to use Spy++'s debug tool. But It couldn't discrete a scrollbar's control ID from ListBox. I couldn't take it off ListBox's control ID. Thanks in advance. from: Wooyoul You can't distinguish the scrollbar from the list control (not listbox) because the scrollbar is PART of the list control! They are in...

decimal problem
Hi all I a very strange effect when using different decimal settings and calculating some values: DECLARE @Decimal1 decimal(5, 2) DECLARE @Decimal2 decimal(30, 2) SET @Decimal1 = 0.2 SET @Decimal2 = 0.2 SELECT (CONVERT(decimal(15, 15), 0.000000000322900) * (1 - @Decimal1)) SELECT (CONVERT(decimal(15, 15), 0.000000000322900) * (1 - @Decimal2)) The first result is correct (0.00000000025832000), the second is wrong, why ??? Thanks for any comments Best regards Frank Uray Hi Frank This is what happens when you multiple these precision&scales Precision 15 + 3...

Exchange replicating only 1 way...
i have 2 exchange servers and it only replicates 1 way What do you mean it only replicates one way? Do you mean public folder replication? If so see if this helps: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842273/en-us Nue "BDog" <BDog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E592683-4FA3-493D-8C62-A69236E933F9@microsoft.com... >i have 2 exchange servers and it only replicates 1 way ...

Decimal
In a laboratory test we do the temperature has to be reported to the nearest 0.5�C. Can anyone let me know how to format it so that when the result is a whole number, it leaves the decimal point out? eg 22�C or 22.5�C (not 22.�C or 22.0�C) Alan "Alan Cocks" <alandrob@netspace.net.au> wrote in message news:btlqhd$19fi$1@otis.netspace.net.au... > In a laboratory test we do the temperature has to be reported to the > nearest 0.5�C. > Can anyone let me know how to format it so that when the result is a whole > number, it leaves the decimal point out? &g...

VBA code and decimals
I have some VBA code as this: rrows=lastrow/4 if lastrow is 138 then rrows should be 34.5 but I always get 34(no decimal) How do I fix that Thanks I just did this and got 34.5 Sub lastrowdecimal() lastrow = 138 rrows = lastrow / 4 MsgBox rrows End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F21838BC-42AA-48A3-9B0C-D2139287A187@microsoft.com... >I have some VBA code as this: > rrows=lastrow/4 > > if lastrow is 138 then rrows should be 34.5 but I always get 34(no > decimal) >...

Currency and the number of decimal places
I have an application which has neen running for a number of years, firstly on Access2000 then XP and now on Access 2003. It uses many currency fields for invoicing , credit notes etc. Each field which is of currency type has the decimal property set to 2. Up until recently the ATB balanced fine but lately it has been a few cents out. The reason is that some amounts have been put in with 3 decimal places and some calculations (eg GST of 10% of $398.68 returning to the GST field a value of $39.868) returning 3 decimal places. I guess with the calculations, I can code to make sure only ...

Any point to Task Manager when we have others?
Like Process Explorer? Any other recommendations? I need a program that has more power to un-freeze a program that strangles my little computer and won't let go, than Task Manager (which usually works but not always). What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought it)? -- ~Robear Dyer (P...

No decimals?
Hello! Is it possible to stop Money (2005) from using decimal places in the base currency? I am using a currency that uses only integers and no cents (because cents are almost worthless), and invoices amounts usually get some cents due to sales tax calculations, Is it possible to get rid of them? I find this very annoying since cents accumulate over several transactions, and end up with an slightly unreal balance... Thanks! Keiv Hi, It was possible in older version (pobably until 2001). You had to change the Windows's regional settings in the control panel before a new file creatio...

In more than 1 language ???
I bought my Office X in France. Is there any way that I can have it in English language as well. I read a previous post on the same subject, but the answer suggested getting another disc. Are there no downloads available anywhere ? Please please help.... ian.mac <ianrender@noos.fr> wrote: > I bought my Office X in France. Is there any way that I can have it in > English language as well. I read a previous post on the same subject, > but the answer suggested getting another disc. Are there no downloads > available anywhere ? Please please help.... You indeed need anothe...

Decimal number to percentage formula (newbie question)
I've got a column full of numbers like 0.5, 1.0, etc. I need them to look like 0.500%. I figured out how to format the cells so that 0.5 looks like 0.500, but when I change the cell format to percentage, it makes 0.500 into 50.000%. So I figured out how to make a formula that divides 0.500 by 100 (=R1C6/100), resulting in 0.005, which I can format to a percentage and get 0.500%. Where I'm stumped is in applying that formula to the entire column. Instead of =R1C6/100, I want my formula to say =all rowsC6/100. How do I tell it {allrows}? Thanks for putting up with a newbie Ken Benson ...

Count digits before decimals and after decimals
Dear expert, Would like to count the digits before decimals and after decimals. For example, 111975.35 should be 6 digits before decimals and 2 digits after decimals 12456.25 should be 5 and 2 2478.24 should be 4 and 2 248.37 should be 3 and 2 Using LEN does not help. Can you help please? Hi, Why doesn't LEN help. try these =LEN(INT(A1)) and for the decimal portion =IF(ISERROR(FIND(".",A1)),0,LEN(A1)-FIND(".",A1)) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while...

Different Starting Points on X-Axis
Hi there, I'm trying to plot an exponential smoothing line chart with x-values from 1 to 20. There are two series, the original data points and the smoothed data points. The problem with this is that the starting point is different. For the original data points (series1), the first value starts at 1 and goes to 20. For the smoothed data points (series2), the first value starts at 2 and goes to 20. When I try to chart the line graph in Excel 2003 by selecting the y-values for series2 starting at x=2, the chart actually begins at x=1. I was just wondering if anyone knows how to chang...

Converting WordPerfect 5.1 file to Word
Can this be done. If so, how. I would really like to preserve and use my extensive WordPerfect documents in Word. Thanks. try the word newsgroup... >-----Original Message----- >Can this be done. If so, how. I would really like to >preserve and use my extensive WordPerfect documents in >Word. Thanks. >. > ...

Form coding for 1-1 relationship
I have a form that is bound to a table. This table has a 1-1 relationship with another table. The data from this other table also appears on the form. I need to retrieve this related data and update it or add a new record when a new record in the bound table is added. What is the best way to do this? Currently the form is bound to the main table and the other data is all unbound and I have to handle all updates and adds in code - which is proving quite complex. Could I have this other data in a subform (even though it would have just one record) and have it updated or added automaticall...

Entry point not found error
Running XPPro; Outlook 2000. Reinstalled Windows after removing SP2 update. With Outlook open, when I click on Outlook Today, I get this popup box message: "Personal Folders-Microsoft Outlook: Outlook.exe-Entry point not found. The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL." Clicking "OK" does not get rid of the box. I have to close the program to get rid of it. I tried repairing MSOffice, but that did not help. What do I need to do? Visit Windows Update and get the latest version of MDAC. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Ou...

554 5.1.0 sender denied message
Hi When trying to e-mail one of our contacts we get a bounce back almost immediately saying.... The e-mail address could not be found. Perhaps the recipient moved to a different e-mail organization, or there was a mistake in the address. Check the address and try again. <ourserver.ourdomain.com #5.1.0 smtp;554 5.1.0 Sender Denied> We have been able to send this this contact before but now this message appears. Is there any way to resolve this problem?? Thanks Simon Contact the recipients IT department, the rejection is happening at their end Peter Lawton "...

create a button when pressed it will +1 to another field
Customer Survey- When a button or cell is pressed once it will add 1 to another existing field and every time it is pressed it will add another 1. Private Sub Commandbutton1_Click() Dim myRange as Range Dim myNumber as Long Set myRange =3D ActiveSheet.Range("a5") '<=3D=3D change myNumber =3D myRange.Value myNumber =3D myNumber + 1 myRange.Value =3D myNumber End Sub susan On Nov 24, 9:25=A0am, mswisher <mswis...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Customer Survey- When a button or cell is pressed once it will...

1.3 to 2.0
i currently have 1.3r installed and recieved the 2.0 cd many months ago but never udated because of the dongle situation. do i, should i update to 2.0? is it faster? slower? better? looks?. if there are not any major changes for better i like to just wait for the 3.0. Any advise? thanks jay In addition to increased database size allowances, there are enhanced Matrix item features, enhanced purchasing and receiving options, enhanced discount options, and simplified product activation - so you can get rid of that dongle... it is my understanding that there is no statement...