Data value display attributes linked to table attributes

Is there a way to cause data value points to take on attributes such as
bold, italic or color set at the table from which they are derived?

For example, suppose I was charting hits at several web sites as
function of time, and the some characteristic of the site was being
altered back and forth (say font "A" and font "B") as part of
an experiment.

I can easily  produce a line graph x=hits y=time for the various sites,
but these is no way to visualize which condition (A or B) was in effect
at each data value point.

I'd like to be able to display the portion of each line connecting
the points with a characteristic unique to condition A or B, or display
a characteristic for each data value point, or display attributes for
the ticks on the Y axis, or shade the chart above them, or put a second
label on the Y axis, reflecting the A or B condition at that tic, or
identify the A or B condition in some other way.

Any suggestions?

Problems saving a worksheet with Links
Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue ... I have a directory which contains 129 worksheets which have links to external data (in a Master Spreadsheet) -- I need to copy these files into a New Directory, but kee the Master Spreadsheet (which they are linked to) in the original location. If I do a simple Cut & Past, the Reference Link to the Master Spreadsheet gets moved to the New Directory (where the file does not exist), but if I open the worksheet (in the original directory/location) and Save As to the New Directory, the worksheet saved in the New Directory maintains its link t...

Setting series values on Excel Chart

Passing data from one form to another

links in emails
When I try to open a link included in an email nothing happens? Hi, This problem can be caused by several different things. Do you receive an error message when you click on a hyperlink, or does nothing happen at all? Can you use hyperlinks in other programs, such as Word? Please have a look at the following Knowledge Base articles to see if these resolve your problem. 177054.KB.EN-US OLEXP: Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Do Not Start Web Browser You can access this article by clicking on the link below. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;177054 257464.K...

Pivot Table Question #15
Hey all, Love pivot tables but i have a question, the table is set up as so Month Pallet# BoxesPur BoxesSold Price Frt Gross Net Jan 1 5 1.0 ..3 Formula Formula 2 5 2.0 .5 3 10 3 .15 Jan Total 10 10 6.0 ..95 So, the problem is in the Jan Total row, is there a way...

Timestamp value of GINA window presentation
I am currently troubleshooting slow logon times for a client with computer infrastructure spread across the globe. Before I start invesagating I want to create a baseline for logon times. I have modified the clients logon script to record when it starts and when it ends. I am using the computers tick count to record how long the computer has been on, but realize that there is a space of time between the user authenicating to the computer (control-alt-delete) and when the logon script starts, if the customer turns his computer on and then leave for an extended period of time I ...

Intermittent display
Hi, recently i encountered this problem on my PC. When i press the ON button, the monitor shows the normal starting up image for only 1 second and then it went black. Then, because my computer has a CPU FAN error (probably because the starting speed of my fan is a little slow), it would beep 3times and prompt me to press F1. During this time, the image would appear on the monitor for 1sec and then, becomes black again. Then, as it loads and enters window, it will flash yet again and i can see the cursor of my mouse at the center of the screen for that 1 second. Everything is running normall...

display name #2
hi i have this problem: when i send a mail massage from an application by exchange 2003, in outlook i see the e-mail address (xx@mydomain .com) and not display name (Customer Care) how can i resolve it? Thanks An application should allow you to specify display name for sender. Does it send via SMTP or MAPI? Matrix_pd wrote: > hi > i have this problem: when i send a mail massage from an application by > exchange 2003, in outlook i see the e-mail address (xx@mydomain .com) and > not display name (Customer Care) > > how can i resolve it? > > Thanks -- Please re...

how to query my web site from VBA and return a value to VBA
Hello All, From VBA I would like send a value to my web site, and have it return a value. I've learned how to use FollowHyperlink to send a value to an ASP script, but how can the ASP script send a value back to VBA?? Thanks, Brian Austin, TX You can use xmlhttp to make a request to your web page: '********************************************************* Sub Tester() MsgBox WebResponse("http://www.mydomain.com/myactualpage.asp? info=3Dblah") End Sub Private Function WebResponse(sURL As String) As String Dim XmlHttpRequest As Object Se...

Help ! formatting data to text

Assign values for one column to another.
Hi I have in column T certain numbers and texts that that I require to assign a value to as below, in the adjacent column. Again any pointers would be much appreciated. Kind Regards Celticshadow T U 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6 7 7 8 8 9 9 0 10 F 10 UR 10 U 10 R 10 S 10 L 10 P 10 PU 10 BD 10 D 10 Well, imagine that two-column table occupies cells Y1:Z20. Put this formula in U1: =3DVLOOKUP(T1,Y$1,Z$20,2,0) and copy down. Hope this helps. Pete On Oct 14, 4:26=A0pm, Celticshadow <Celticsha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > >...

Excel formulation to automate values
Hi there, I have a little problem on arranging a small multi-worksheet excel here. Let me explain in a short way then give some details on it. I am trying to make an offers recordsheet which has two worksheets in it. One for products(and their base prices) and an offer sheet. I would like to use a bit dynamic data here. So when I type the name of the product excel would give me the price from other worksheet. in details; Prices worksheet is something like: A B 1 Product BasePrice 2 mouse 5 3 keyboard 8 4 ... And the ...

How to obtain enumerated attribute declarations from a DTD using MSXML & VB?
I have a VB (VB6, not .NET) application that reads an XML file (using MSXML v3.2 parser); the XML file contains a reference to an external DTD. The DTD has numerous enumerated attribute declarations like so: <!ATTLIST MyElement MyAttribute (One | Two | Three) "One" > The VB code needs to generate dynamic pick-list for all the attributes that appear in the DTD as part of a data-entry application; each dynamically created pick list should contain all the allowable values for the attribute as defined by the DTD (and presented in some kind of multiple choice control like a comb...

how do i recover data in publisher
i have been entering addresses to set up a mail merge. i cllicked the "ok" button in the window and lost all data . can i recover it Look in a folder in My Documents named "My Data Sources". Publisher data is saved as .mdb(Access) file. Did you try selecting "Edit Address List" in the Mailings and Catalog menu (Tools)? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "dee" <dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:690430F1-36DE-47EE-8B7D-DD12A096C075@microsoft.com... >i have been entering addresses to set up a mail merge. i cllicked ...

Excel not displaying German characters correctly.
This is a real puzzler. Has our entire office and IT department stumped. We have two machines (M1 / M2) which are equal spec/ operating system, applications, versions, etc... The only difference that we can see between the two machines is that one (M1) has Internet Explorer encoding set to "UTF-8" with "Automatic" selected. The other (M2) has "Western European ISO" with no automatic selected. Now, when the machines log into a web application and choose to download a German Excel file, M1 and M2 get the file correctly if they have their encoding settings...

Outlook 2003 not displaying multipart/mixed messages properly
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C49BFC.AB34E1D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I know that Outlook is known for having problems displaying = multipart/mixed messages but this is just weird. I am using Outlook 2003 with a POP email account and occasionally with = an email that has been exchanged a few times already and I will send out = a reply and when the person replies back to me what they wrote no longer = appears in the email. I basically get back a copy of the email I sent =...

Using subtotals as single data entries
Sorry about the subject--I couldn't figure out how to describe it simply. I have a large file (16,000 records) of amounts billed by roughly 10,000 service providers. A number of these providers have multiple office locations, so each record is unique to a specific office location. In other words, a provider who billed from 3 different office locations will have 3 entries. Each provider has a unique provider ID number, which stays the same regardless of which office location he is billing from. I want to be able to subtotal the amount billed by each provider for all their office locations...

Retrieving sorted data from same table.
Hi All, I am working on a table (mentioned below) I am looking for a query which can get me the data according to the =93id=94 column with respect to speed. The condition is that I have to get three consecutive entries which have speed > 60 Below is the sample table with data on which I have to retrieve the data on above condition. The output i need can be as given below DVXC002 12/10/09 0:12 96 DVXC002 12/10/09 18:40 89 DVXC002 12/10/09 19:43 65 DVXC005 12/10/09 11:56 69 DVXC005 12/10/09 15:26 62 DVXC005 12/10/09 17:35 85 Need your help urgently....Thanks in advan...

Relationshiprole attribute
I were not able to find the attribute that stores the relationshiprole between two records of the entities contacts, accounts and opportunities. Help me out if anyone can..... TIA Suneetha Hi Sunitha, 'Relationship Role' is the list of Relationship Types that can be created, editable through the Administration area. 'Customer Relationship' is the name for the instances of the Relationships created through the Account, Contact or Opportunity Forms. Unfortunately whilst you can find both in the Customisation area, neither entity type can be modified. -- Kind Regards, Pa...

Import directory data into Excel 2003
I have over 1000 media files that I would like to extract information from and put into an Excel spreadsheet. Using Explorer, I have defined the fields I would like to see, such as title, duration, comment etc. Now, I need to import this data into Excel. So far, I've not been able to find a way to do this. Can someone offer some suggestions please? Thanks, Nigel -- www.myoldcontacts.com - Tell your friends to tell their friends www.sysadmininc.com - Consultancy, Service, Sales, Networking... www.british-expats.com - Connect with British Expats World Wide www.kxez.com/shows_britishinv...