Data table in chart?

------=_NextPart_000_01A9_01C69782.28506D60

I have some line chart portraying responses to 20 items.

I would like to put a table under each chart the shows the value of not =
only the responses that are charted but also the percentage difference =
between the two.

My problem and the question is that if I use the 'data table' option in =
creating the chart the row with the difference is not there.  Then if I =
try to paste a table under the chart it does not line up with the =
columns of the line chart.

Any ideas of how to put a table with 3 lines of data under a line chart =
of 2 lines?

Thanks,

Mike

------=_NextPart_000_01A9_01C69782.28506D60

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>I have some line&nbsp;chart portraying responses =
to 20=20
items.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>I would like to put a table under&nbsp;each =
chart the=20
shows the value of not only the responses that are charted but also the=20
percentage difference between the two.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>My problem and the question is that if I use the =
'data=20
table' option in creating the chart the row with the difference is not=20
there.&nbsp; Then if I try to paste a table under the chart it does not =
line up=20
with the columns of the line chart.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Any ideas of how to put a table with 3 lines of =
data under=20
a line chart of 2 lines?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Mike</DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_01A9_01C69782.28506D60--

There is a response in the Excel.Misc. group
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Michael Raphael"
<mikeraphael@comcast.net>
I have some line chart portraying responses to 20 items.
I would like to put a table under each chart the shows the value of not only the responses that are charted but also the percentage
difference between the two.

My problem and the question is that if I use the 'data table' option in creating the chart the row with the difference is not there.
Then if I try to paste a table under the chart it does not line up with the columns of the line chart.
Any ideas of how to put a table with 3 lines of data under a line chart of 2 lines?
Thanks,
Mike

0
jim.coneXXX (771)
6/25/2006 2:36:23 AM
Plot all three series in your chart, and make the one that you don't want to
show (the % diff) invisible by choosing the dots/line colour similar to the
plot area background colour.

"Michael  Raphael" wrote:

> I have some line chart portraying responses to 20 items.
>
> I would like to put a table under each chart the shows the value of not only the responses that are charted but also the percentage difference between the two.
>
> My problem and the question is that if I use the 'data table' option in creating the chart the row with the difference is not there.  Then if I try to paste a table under the chart it does not line up with the columns of the line chart.
>
> Any ideas of how to put a table with 3 lines of data under a line chart of 2 lines?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

0
HEK (135)

------=_NextPart_000_00D7_01C69864.E50BDFB0

Cool idea.  Didn't think of it being that easy!!!!!!!
Guess I should think of that first before trying all the 'fancy' stuff.

Thanks,

"HEK" <HEK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
Plot all three series in your chart, and make the one that you don't =
want to=20
show (the % diff) invisible by choosing the dots/line colour similar to =
the=20

"Michael  Raphael" wrote:

>=20
> I have some line chart portraying responses to 20 items.
>=20
> I would like to put a table under each chart the shows the value of =
not only the responses that are charted but also the percentage =
difference between the two.
>=20
> My problem and the question is that if I use the 'data table' option =
in creating the chart the row with the difference is not there.  Then if =
I try to paste a table under the chart it does not line up with the =
columns of the line chart.
>=20
> Any ideas of how to put a table with 3 lines of data under a line =
chart of 2 lines?
>=20
> Thanks,
>=20
> Mike
>=20

------=_NextPart_000_00D7_01C69864.E50BDFB0

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR>Cool idea.&nbsp; Didn't think of it being that =
easy!!!!!!!</DIV>
<DIV>Guess I should think of that first before trying all the 'fancy'=20
stuff.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>"HEK" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:HEK@discussions.microsoft.com">HEK@discussions.microsoft.c=
om</A>&gt;=20
wrote in message <A=20
href=3D"news:ECBB2811-A891-400A-B3CB-2B6CC2E9AA98@microsoft.com">news:ECB=
B2811-A891-400A-B3CB-2B6CC2E9AA98@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Plot=20
all three series in your chart, and make the one that you don't want to =
<BR>show=20
(the % diff) invisible by choosing the dots/line colour similar to the =
<BR>plot=20
area background colour.<BR><BR>"Michael&nbsp; Raphael" =
wrote:<BR><BR>&gt;=20
<BR>&gt; I have some line chart portraying responses to 20 =
items.<BR>&gt;=20
<BR>&gt; I would like to put a table under each chart the shows the =
value of not=20
only the responses that are charted but also the percentage difference =
between=20
the two.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; My problem and the question is that if I use =
the 'data=20
table' option in creating the chart the row with the difference is not=20
there.&nbsp; Then if I try to paste a table under the chart it does not =
line up=20
with the columns of the line chart.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Any ideas of how to =
put a=20
table with 3 lines of data under a line chart of 2 lines?<BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;=20
Thanks,<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Mike<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;</BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00D7_01C69864.E50BDFB0--

horizontal data to vertical data

Count Instances in a table field
Here's a little background on my database. I have a form with a couple of buttons that I have grayed out when the database is empty. These buttons open a print preview of a couple of reports. I would like to ungray these buttons only when there is at least one record with a "CA" entry in the State field in my main table. How do I do this? Forms display data from tables. I'm not understanding why you'd want a form to enable (ungray) a button if ANY record has a "CA" entry. Wouldn't you want to ungray the form if the record DISPLAYED had &q...

export public folder data?

how do I ceate a chart
My chart is not complete Jon Peltier has a charting tutorial that may help you: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/index.html If you need specific help, you can provide more details about your data layout, and what's not appearing in your chart. put wrote: > My chart is not complete -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

storing read only data

Pivot table samples/tutorial
Hi all :-) Excel 2003 - Windows XP Pro SP2 I am in need of some samples or a tutorial on how to create a Pivot table. I have worked with many areas of Excel, but, I have never had call to create a Pivot table, and the Help files are not exactly totally clear. I am trying to prepare some reference materials for a presentation I will be giving on the various Office programs, and would like to be able to include some good material for the Pivot table for Excel as well. I would truly appreciate any suggestions or references that might be available for download or linked to. Jan :) MS MVP...

How to organize data?

Pivot Chart-Page Fields
Hello, I have a pivot chart and table with multiple page fields. When hiding items in the page field, the pivot table shows "Multiple Items", but the pivot chart shows "All". This happens whether I double click on the page field and hide an item, or drag it to a row or column area and uncheck the item. I do not want to users or viewers to think they are seeing All when items are hidden. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? Thanks for your help!!! I don't know of any way to change the Page field behaviour on the pivot chart. However, you could add a t...

Selecting specific data #2
Hi everyone I have another little problem. I have got a list of 20 items on sheet1, Cells A1 - A20 (numbered 1 - 20) and Cells B1 - B20 are items relating to that number, ie, number 1 = Concrete, number 2 = walls, and so on. Now on sheet 2 I have a table, again cell range A1:B20. I would like to know a formula so that when I enter a number in to column A, the corresponding item to that number appears in column B. ie, if I enter number 8 in Cell A1 on sheet 2, then I would like Floor to appear in Cell B1. Does this make sense? -- Thanks in advance for your help Lee Hi Lee Data range i...

A get/change operation on table 'IV_Options_ROPT' failed accessing
I get this error when I tried to print Inventory Activity Report. When I clicked on more info, it says "[ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid column name "LNGSTRTDESC'. It happened to me and the 'sa' account. Does anyone have a clue what happened and how to fix this? I searched on KnowledgeBase and did not find any article to address this problem. Mary, This error is occuring in Inventory Report Options Table and the column name where this is happening is Long Start Description. What I suggest you is to delete the Report option by going to Inventory Act...

What was your data migration experience for MS CRM 3.0?
Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or stored proceedures? What happened and how did you do it? Andy It's a bit unwieldy, but if you follow the documentation closely and do thorough tests it is a helpful tool. You should be prepared to do some extensive data cleansing and search the newsgroups when you hit a roadblock. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Andy" wrote: > Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or > stored proceedures? > > What happened and how did you do it? >...

Last Column With Data
How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has data? Dim myRow as long dim LastCol as long myrow = 1243 with worksheets("SomeSheetnamehere") lastcol = .cells(myrow,.columns.count).end(xltoleft).column end with msgbox LastCol This will break if you've used the last column in that row -- or if you haven't used any cells in that row. Is that a problem? Bishop wrote: > > How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has > data? -- Dave Peterson This gives a interger...

Update table from form
I am trying to update a counter table from a form. Instead of updating, a new entry is being created every time and the table end up looking like the following: Salesperson Date Leads 1 4/16/2007 0 1 4/16/2007 1 1 4/16/2007 0 1 4/16/2007 1 The code I'm using is below: RepNum = DLookup("[Rep Number]", "Debt Advisors", "username...

data file: how to start its application

merging data
I have a master file and 4 workbooks where individuals enter info daily. I need to update the master file workbook at the end of the day with the info from the 4 individual notebooks. How would I merge this data? I tried the "shared workbooks" process but it wouldn't let me do it. Please Help! Since your question is very "general", here's a "general" suggestion: Explore the use of links. Have all WBs open. Right click in a pertinent data cell of one of the 4 WBs, and choose "Copy". Navigate to the appropriate cell in the "Master&quo...

Vertical Data Extraction
Hi, I need to create a chart that is based on changing values. The Values are all stored vertically in a Worksheet called Percentage. The chart sheet contains a selection box where the user can select a specific search and a date and the selected conditions should be searched for and the chart should display results. Basically, when the user selects X in the first list box and Y in the second one, the code should search the Percentage worksheet for all instances of value=x and y and output. column Row Feature1 Feature2 Feature3 2000 0.5 8.3 10 2000 ...

Pie Chart from data
Hi, I am trying to create a pie chart from the below data just to show the percentages of what work orders are maj, med and min. How do I set this up!! Thanks in Advance!!! how can i create a pie char By following the directions within the Chart Wizard. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <9265C290-B0B6-4CAD-B909-5EDFCE7DC415@microsoft.com>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > how can i create a pie chart > > ...

Varying data ranges
Hi, I am preparing a large number of identical reports on Excel fro imported data of varying sizes (e.g. some imported data is 400 row long, some 600, but all have the same number of columns). I hav recorded macros to take the data from its raw form to its complete form in order to releive the repetitive nature of this process, howeve the macro does not take into account the varying sizes of the raw data even when I use the Ctrl+Shft+End command. I am left with a lot o manual 'tidying up' of the reports after the macros have run. I have around 1,800 reports to complete so if ther...

changing data
Please can someone tell me how to do an automatic change all the way down a column. For example, i have a list of applications throughout a spreasheet as follows Approach, Eurosys, Oscar, Pivot_Pro Pivot_Pro, Oscar, Approach, i need to change exery occurance of Pivot_Pro to Pivot (Dual) how will i do this please help? Hi Press <Ctrl><H> In the find box, type in the existing name, in the change to box, type the new name, click on Change All, and its done -- j.kasselman@atlantic.net.remove_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa "danzelindistress" wrote: &...

kind of chart?
I have to make a chart that tracks the following data: employee; office location (city); age; total months service. I have no idea what type of chart to use. The actual employee name will not be used in the chart. There are approximately 15 employees per location so I want to somehow group by location, but I need to show the individual ages and months of services. Help! Hi Kim - This approach might be just what you need. We'll make an XY chart with age as the X variable and months of service as the Y variable. First set up the data. Trust me, spending five minutes with data will...

Baffled by missing data on printout
I have a bunch of subforms that the user will fill out from a main form. I then save all that data into a local table, then read it back from a report. The report loads the same subforms which reload the data. All that is working fine on screen, and on print preview. Then, when sent to a printer, all te text boxes are blank! What could *possibly* cause this? I switched printers, used a pdf output printer (save to disk in PDF), and with same results. Any ideas? Rick wrote: > I have a bunch of subforms that the user will fill out from a main > form. I then save all t...