Data Series question #2

Hi,

I have a line chart with 2 data series. One for actual balance and one for
budgeted balance. The y-axis is $ amount, the x-axis is month. There are 12
points on the x-axis. (Jan to Dec).  I have 12 data points for the budgeted
balance. I'm using a dynamically named range for the # of data points for the
actual balance series based on the current accounting month. (Jan shows 1
point, Feb shows 2 points etc.)

I'm trying to add a 3rd series for Projected balance which would start where
the actual balance stops. I have another dynamically names range as the data
source. I have already calculated figures for the Projected balance.

My problem is that it correctly plots the May $ amount but it plots in
January on the x-axis. Is there an offset somewhere that will allow me to
move the starting point for the Projected series line?

--
TIA
Chuck M.

On Fri, 1 Jun 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
Chuck M <ChuckM@discussions.microsoft.com> said:
>I have a line chart with 2 data series. One for actual balance and one for
>budgeted balance. The y-axis is $ amount, the x-axis is month. There are 12
>points on the x-axis. (Jan to Dec).  I have 12 data points for the budgeted
>balance. I'm using a dynamically named range for the # of data points for the
>actual balance series based on the current accounting month. (Jan shows 1
>point, Feb shows 2 points etc.)
>
>I'm trying to add a 3rd series for Projected balance which would start where
>the actual balance stops. I have another dynamically names range as the data
>source. I have already calculated figures for the Projected balance.
>
>My problem is that it correctly plots the May $ amount but it plots in
>January on the x-axis. Is there an offset somewhere that will allow me to
>move the starting point for the Projected series line?

It sounds like you have a Line chart style, but you're expecting the
series to behave like an XY (Scatter) chart style.

Line charts all share the same X axis range, and the nth value of the
series always lines up with the nth value of the single X range. This is
true even with the "Time-scale" axis type.

If you want to stick with the Line chart style, then make your third
series have as many spaces in the front as necessary so that the right
value for the series has the right X-value.

If you want to keep the series as it is, then change the style of the
chart to XY (Scatter), and ensure that the months are numeric values,
e.g. 1-12. Then each series can have its own X-range that works with
that series.

--
Del Cotter
del1907 (586)

Since you are using dynamic range names then here is what you can do:

1. Set up a dynamic range name formula like:

=IF(MATCH(E2,C5:C16,0)+ROW(C4)<ROW(C5:C16),1,0)*E5:E16

In this example the Months are listed in the range C5:C16, the current month
is in E2, and the ROW(C4) just adjust for the fact that the match start on
row 5.  You could modify to eliminate that.  The range E5:E16 contains the
Projected values.

With this the Projected column can contain values in all the cells or just
in the cells after the current month.  Also, depending on how you are
treating the current month you may want to change the < to <=.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Chuck M" <ChuckM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a line chart with 2 data series. One for actual balance and one for
> budgeted balance. The y-axis is $ amount, the x-axis is month. There are
> 12
> points on the x-axis. (Jan to Dec).  I have 12 data points for the
> budgeted
> balance. I'm using a dynamically named range for the # of data points for
> the
> actual balance series based on the current accounting month. (Jan shows 1
> point, Feb shows 2 points etc.)
>
> I'm trying to add a 3rd series for Projected balance which would start
> where
> the actual balance stops. I have another dynamically names range as the
> data
> source. I have already calculated figures for the Projected balance.
>
> My problem is that it correctly plots the May $ amount but it plots in
> January on the x-axis. Is there an offset somewhere that will allow me to
> move the starting point for the Projected series line?
>
> --
> TIA
> Chuck M.

horizontal data to vertical data

export public folder data?

storing read only data

Protecting certain cells #2
How can I lock only certain cells in excel. I dont want to lock the whole sheet, only the cells that have formulas in them. ...

How to organize data?

Selecting specific data #2
Hi everyone I have another little problem. I have got a list of 20 items on sheet1, Cells A1 - A20 (numbered 1 - 20) and Cells B1 - B20 are items relating to that number, ie, number 1 = Concrete, number 2 = walls, and so on. Now on sheet 2 I have a table, again cell range A1:B20. I would like to know a formula so that when I enter a number in to column A, the corresponding item to that number appears in column B. ie, if I enter number 8 in Cell A1 on sheet 2, then I would like Floor to appear in Cell B1. Does this make sense? -- Thanks in advance for your help Lee Hi Lee Data range i...

What was your data migration experience for MS CRM 3.0?
Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or stored proceedures? What happened and how did you do it? Andy It's a bit unwieldy, but if you follow the documentation closely and do thorough tests it is a helpful tool. You should be prepared to do some extensive data cleansing and search the newsgroups when you hit a roadblock. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Andy" wrote: > Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or > stored proceedures? > > What happened and how did you do it? >...

Last Column With Data
How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has data? Dim myRow as long dim LastCol as long myrow = 1243 with worksheets("SomeSheetnamehere") lastcol = .cells(myrow,.columns.count).end(xltoleft).column end with msgbox LastCol This will break if you've used the last column in that row -- or if you haven't used any cells in that row. Is that a problem? Bishop wrote: > > How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has > data? -- Dave Peterson This gives a interger...

auto recovery #2
I am using Office 2000. Excel has crashed, and when I reopen the document none of my changes were saved. Where can I find the auto save options. Ie. the autosave interval and the location where the auto save is saved too.. Thanks. Hi Autosave is not installed by default. It's an addin that has to be installed. Personally I dislike those things, I like to play around with files without risking that the original is automatically overwritten at what feels like random times. So I suggest Jan karel's "AutoSafe" instead. See AutoSafe.zip on http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/MVP/De...

CD Question
I have a computer with win xp on it and it has a virus. I am trying to download the rescue disk from Avira. I saved it to the blank cd I have in my burner and everything looks ok. When I put that disc in the other computer it says the file is ready to write to cd. What am I doing wrong? Your are downloading a cd image file. First save it to your drive, then fire up your CD creating software, find the option to browse for an iso image file and burn that to the CD. good luck, those virii can be frustrating. ...

data file: how to start its application

Problem Refreshing Contact Form from External .NET App #2
I created a custom ASP.NET app that is launched from the CRM Contact form. It is configured (isv.config) to only be launched while editing an existing contact (not new). My custom app modifies data on the CRM Contact form. It them refreshs the data on the Contact form before the custom form closes. <script>window.opener.location.reload(1);</script> My custom app works fine if I open up an existing contact. If I create a new contact and press the save button (on the contact form) the toolbar button that lauches my app on the contact form is displayed. If I then launch my ...

merging data
I have a master file and 4 workbooks where individuals enter info daily. I need to update the master file workbook at the end of the day with the info from the 4 individual notebooks. How would I merge this data? I tried the "shared workbooks" process but it wouldn't let me do it. Please Help! Since your question is very "general", here's a "general" suggestion: Explore the use of links. Have all WBs open. Right click in a pertinent data cell of one of the 4 WBs, and choose "Copy". Navigate to the appropriate cell in the "Master&quo...

Vertical Data Extraction
Hi, I need to create a chart that is based on changing values. The Values are all stored vertically in a Worksheet called Percentage. The chart sheet contains a selection box where the user can select a specific search and a date and the selected conditions should be searched for and the chart should display results. Basically, when the user selects X in the first list box and Y in the second one, the code should search the Percentage worksheet for all instances of value=x and y and output. column Row Feature1 Feature2 Feature3 2000 0.5 8.3 10 2000 ...

Advanced Email tracking questions
Hi, i have some questions regarding email tracking with CRM 3.0 Example, a company sends out an email to a 1000 contacts in CRM. The email sent has 3 hyperlinks in it. One hyperlink to our general website, one hyperlink to a news item, one hyperlink (banner) to an advertisement of some sort. I know that CRM sets a label to every user who recieves this email via CRM 3.0, but i would like to know Is it possible to track which recipent click on what link(s) (on what time, to complete the list:) )? If so, how can this be done? what software/hardware/web application would be required to m...

Recovery storage group? #2
Hi there. I have a problem and I think there's a solution, but I don't know. Exchange 2003 SP2 We have an old offline backup from seven months ago, and a user wants some data that will be in it. How can I get the data out? Do I make a new recovery storage group first? What's the next steps? Thanks, Neal http://support.microsoft.com/kb/824126/en-us http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832436/en-us http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836452/en-us Neal wrote: > Hi there. > > I have a problem and I think there's a solution, but I don't know. Exchange > 2003 ...

Pie Chart from data
Hi, I am trying to create a pie chart from the below data just to show the percentages of what work orders are maj, med and min. How do I set this up!! Thanks in Advance!!! how can i create a pie char By following the directions within the Chart Wizard. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <9265C290-B0B6-4CAD-B909-5EDFCE7DC415@microsoft.com>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > how can i create a pie chart > > ...

Varying data ranges
Hi, I am preparing a large number of identical reports on Excel fro imported data of varying sizes (e.g. some imported data is 400 row long, some 600, but all have the same number of columns). I hav recorded macros to take the data from its raw form to its complete form in order to releive the repetitive nature of this process, howeve the macro does not take into account the varying sizes of the raw data even when I use the Ctrl+Shft+End command. I am left with a lot o manual 'tidying up' of the reports after the macros have run. I have around 1,800 reports to complete so if ther...

changing data
Please can someone tell me how to do an automatic change all the way down a column. For example, i have a list of applications throughout a spreasheet as follows Approach, Eurosys, Oscar, Pivot_Pro Pivot_Pro, Oscar, Approach, i need to change exery occurance of Pivot_Pro to Pivot (Dual) how will i do this please help? Hi Press <Ctrl><H> In the find box, type in the existing name, in the change to box, type the new name, click on Change All, and its done -- j.kasselman@atlantic.net.remove_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa "danzelindistress" wrote: &...

2 active SharePoint_Config DB's ???
One last question for here... When looking at my SharePoint DB's, to move them to a different drive - I've found a complexing issue. It looks like I have 2 active SharePoint_Config databases --- they each are followed by a different GUID #?? We had our server crash several months ago and had to recover the DB's - so I'm thinking it might be related to that. When I check the file path in sql and look at the mdf in windows explorer, it looks like they have both currently being modified ?? This is on server 2003 - using WSS. Thanks for any advice you share conc...

Baffled by missing data on printout
I have a bunch of subforms that the user will fill out from a main form. I then save all that data into a local table, then read it back from a report. The report loads the same subforms which reload the data. All that is working fine on screen, and on print preview. Then, when sent to a printer, all te text boxes are blank! What could *possibly* cause this? I switched printers, used a pdf output printer (save to disk in PDF), and with same results. Any ideas? Rick wrote: > I have a bunch of subforms that the user will fill out from a main > form. I then save all t...