data range is too complex.

I am just changing over to excel 2007. . Most of my data will update to the
embedded chart just fine but one tells me "the data range is too complex to
be displayed. I don't know how to fix it
--
Thanks for all your help.
God Bless,

I had one like it and all I did to fix it was select the chart and right
click on it, select data-> click on the icon at far right of Chart Data
Range, use the mouse to select the data range, click on the icon at far right
then OK.

Note: If there are multiple ranges and the ranges are not adjacent, select
the first range then hold the Ctrl key down while you select the remaining
ranges.

Regards,

OssieMac

"Frank" wrote:

> I am just changing over to excel 2007. . Most of my data will update to the
> embedded chart just fine but one tells me "the data range is too complex to
> be displayed. I don't know how to fix it
> --
> Thanks for all your help.
> God Bless,
> Frank
0
OssieMac (238)

Entering Data #2
I have a large complex spreadsheet that calculates just when the file is saved. I was wondering if anyone new how to ensure that the same number is not entered twice into a column other than using the find command. Ryabn -- RJ31 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ RJ31's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30451 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=501138 Here are 2 formula's that will both work (Array formulas so commit with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER): 1) =SUMPRODUCT(IF(COUNTIF(A1:A...

Sum data in workbook 1 and write result in workbook 2
Hi, I need some help with excel macro! I have two workbooks. Now I need to sum all cells with some date criteria from first workook and result must be inserted in cell in second workbook (for example in cell A1) WorkBook1 data example Column B (dates) Column C (payroll) 12.05.2005 1200 12.05.2005 5000 14.05.2005 3100 14.05.2005 8800 17.05.2005 3550 .... For example: sum all values in column C where date in column B is 12.05.2005 and put result in workbook 2 in cell A1 Thanks for help. Martin You don'...

File with packed-data
How do I convert a file containing packed-data to a file in ASCII-text format? For example: From: ....c.............00000000.. ........ 00087202320000000FFFFFFFF20408000103 00232C087C20C000C000000007202C00072C To: 0000283722 0028372 02000 0000000 270240028 000000017023 I don't think all your fields are packed. FFFFFFFF 00000000 Doesn't looked packed to me. And I think that a lot of FTP programs will "fix" some of the funny packed decimals when you transfer them to the pc (from a mainframe???). (I think they try to translate some rudimentary graphic characters to pc...

Retaining Daily Data Automatically
Hi Ive got a spreadsheet which takes data from tab 1 (which is a list sequential list of dates in column A followed by the data in B) & updates a cell in tab 2 with the relevant data when TODAY matches a date in the tab 1 master. I can get it to do this for one day, then it obviously overwrites the figures the next day. How do i keep it feeding the info daily but keep a record of each days results in tab 2? Any help gratefully recieved cheers ...

How to have a date range equal a particular month
What is the expression for converting multiple dates mm/dd/yyyy to the coinsiding month? It is according to how you are going to use the data but try this -- Format([YourField], "yyyymm") This will give you 200711 for this month. Format([YourField], "mmmm yyyy") This will give you November 2007 for this month. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "tvillare" wrote: > What is the expression for converting multiple dates mm/dd/yyyy to the > coinsiding month? Format(DateField, "yyyy-mm") as stri...

How to Keep Money 2006 Data when Install Money 2005
I have downloaded a trial version of Money 2006 from the internet. I am happy enough to buy a full version of Money - but the website says that the full version of the Money 2006 download is only available in the USA. In the UK I have to buy Money 2005. Can I load my Money 2006 data into Money 2005? Thanks in advance for any advice. Peter No. Money is not backwards compatible and moreover you cannot convert between regions. USA > UK will not work. Money is heavily regionalised to take account of fiscal regulations etc. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips &...

User Data
Is it possible to access the user table in MSCRM? I want to capture some more details for given users say his/her competency level. I am not able to add a field via Deployment Manager. Can we do it using a custom build application? Competency has to be stored for each user. So I would require having competency level corresponding to each user. Hi, Modifying the fields for userinformation isn't possible in this version. In mscrm 3.0 it will be possible. You will have to wait untill the crm 3.0 release or built your own application. You can use the systemuserid for making the ma...

Simple data form
Hi, I'm creating a Shipping template in Excel, and I want a simple form to pop up for the line items. I can see how to do it using Data/Form, however is there another way to do it, by not making the user do that? Maybe so the form opens up when they get on the first cell of that part of the worksheet? Also I noticed when I do use this form, when I close it, it doesn't bring me back to the worksheet, but rather to the VB code. I don't want this to happen to my users. Any ideas? Thanks! Tracey:mad: ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http:/...

Replace data in a column
Okay, I have a column that has text in it. I want to change all these to the Identifying number that is found in a different table. So how do I do this? Example: Current table has: A 1 First name 2 New first name 3 Another first name Need to change the A column in first table to the correspoding column in this table: A B 1 12 First name 2 15 New first name 3 22 Another first name So after the switch either I need a new column in the current table so it look like the second column (there might be more then one match in the current t...

Ignore Blank/Data Validation
Can anyone tell me how that feature is suppose to work? If you uncheck the "Ignore Blank" option when creating data validation, I would assume it would alert the user if they left that cell blank. This doesn't seem to do that. When does "Ignore Blank" get triggered? I understand how Access works when making a field required but Excel doesn't have the same event driven programming. Thanks and Happy Holiday! LeAnn Data Validation can't be used to force an entry. A user can always select a cell and move on without making an entry. The Ignore Blank opti...

Totalling data from several workbooks to a Summary Sheet
I am trying (unsuccessfully) in creating a formula, that will allow me to total data from several workbooks, to a Summary sheet within Excel. Does anyone know how to complete this? A guess, although may not do what you want...? Maybe gives you a hint depending on your ultimate requirement. =SUM(Sheet2!F1:F5,Sheet3!G1:G5) HTH regards, Howard "Phillip Anderson" <PhillipAnderson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1AC386F-B890-4132-BD26-CA3BBE158FC4@microsoft.com... >I am trying (unsuccessfully) in creating a formula, that will allow me to ...

Reporting Services And Object Data Source 06-18-10
Hi, I've a report with a object data source. I've a entity (A) with a property (b) that return an object (C) with other property (D). how can i put a property D in my report?" Thank in advance Giorgio Hi Giorgio, To view the property D in your report data source, you need to create your bussiness objects like this: 1. Class C class BusinessObjectC { private string d; public BusinessObjectC(string strD) { d = strD; } public string D { get { return d; } } } 2. Class A ...

Using Named Range in LOOKUP formula?
My LOOKUP formula currently reads: =((LOOKUP($I6,$A$2:$A$7,$D$2:$D$7)-J6)+(LOOKUP($I6,$A$2:$A$7,$G$2:$G $7))) I would like to change this so the ranges are columns in a Named Range. Something like: =((LOOKUP($I6,Range_Col1,Range_Col4)-J6)+ (LOOKUP($I6,Range_Col1,Range_Col7))) The range name will be selected in a drop-down (data validation) in another cell. So "Range_Col1" actually needs to be referenced from the value selected in K10. Can this be done with formulas? Or do I need a macro? Ed Assuming your named range refers to A1:G7 You can use an expression like this: INDEX...

Excel2002: Data > Sort ruins links! Any suggestions?
Hi Problem: if I do a sort on one page (ie worksheet) then all the other pages taking info from that page will now point to the wrong cells! This problem happens both if I use ordinary addressees and also if I use defined "names" instead! Any suggestions? Ship Think you'll need to use for e.g. VLOOKUP's or OFFSET(..MATCH()...) in the dependent sheets rather than just simple links to cells in the "master" sheet This arrangement will work if you have a key column that is shared between the dependent sheets and the "master" sheet with no duplicates i...

graph won't update when data is changed
I've tried everything imaginable and can't get charts to update when I edit data. This was never a problem in Office 2003. The problem seems to be related to how Excel 2007 saves files, since when I first create the charts everything is fine until I save the file (in xltm format) and then reopen it. I just doesn't seem like Office 2007 is ready for prime time - on did I miss the memo: Is this version still in Alpha? ...

getting data from one sheet to another
I am working on a labor chart. The first sheet has the names and day of the week. I have them formatted to just put in the number of hours and it figures pay. There are 4 different job descriptions and at the bottom of each day, it totals the dollars spent for labor on that day. My second sheet has sales and will divide the cost of labor by sales and give me a percentage. On the second page, how can I get the total dollars in labor for each catagory from sheet one to a certain cell on sheet 2 without manually entering it. I know it can be done as I have seen it before Assuming the da...

data in a dynamically linked dll
I need to use a dll that is dynamically linked to a program (sometimes it exists, and sometimes not). The dll exports some functions and some data (integers). I can easily get at the functions with GetProcAddress, but how do I get at the data? Building the program gives me unresolved external references errors. If DLL is mine, then I can add functions that will pass appropriate data, but what if I cannot do that? What am I missing? Thanks Henryk Birecki Use accesser functions to get the data. AliR. "Henryk Birecki" <soaringpilot@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:cpsjc3...

Problem Importing Fixed Width Data
I have a data set of about 700 entries from an old Pascal program that was exported to a text file in this fomat: ID # : 10106 Sex : Female Raw Scores : 1 4 1 0 3 6 3 T Scores : 53 114 65 43 64 83 42 I need the headers to be ID#, Sex, Raw Scores 1-7 and T Scores 1-7 and then to pick up the data and place it in the appropriate cell. Since the format is inverted, Excel cannot import is correctly. Is there a script that will accomplish this? Thank you for your help!! What column is the data in? Can the number of sets vary or is it always 700? What is the first row of ...

Data from another worksheet
Good Morning All, Using Windows and Excel XP. On sheet "A" I want to show data from sheets "B", "C" and "D". On sheets B,C and D the data is in column A but changes rows everyday. I know the formula on sheet "A" to show data on sheet "B" that is in a fixed location, e.g. =B!A1. How would I set up the formula that would look for the last row of data in column A on sheet "B". Thanks for any help. Michael One way is to try and get a match on a number larger than would be possible in your case =match(99999999...

? Virtual List Control Data Source
Hi, I've seen several examples and tutorials on using virtual list controls, but they all generated the text in one of the same three ways in the LVN_GETDISPINFO handlers: index some hypothetical array, convert a random number to a string, or convert the item/subitem number to a string. These are not very useful since I have always used the list control as the container for the data itself. I know that some people use external data sources even with non-virtual lists, but I have not needed to do that yet; writing and reading from the control has been sufficient for the sizes of data (tex...

Format Data Entry
Is there a way to format data so that when entering someone's height as 511 it will come up as 5'11" and when entering 63 it would come up as 6'3" ? Thanks. There may be a way, but I wouldn't do this. Instead, use two cells (feet and inches). Or use one cell and enter total inches. It'll make any further arithmetic much, much easier. Ayuda wrote: > > Is there a way to format data so that when entering someone's height as 511 > it will come up as 5'11" and when entering 63 it would come ...

Excel Data Querry using criteria from Cell
Hello, I have created a data query in Excel using DATA - IMPORT EXTERNAL DATA - NEW DATABASE QUERY and then selecting Access and browsing to an query within an Access database. This query returns all data into excel, but I would like to limit the criteria based on what a user has typed into a cell in the Excel workbook. I thought this could be accomplished by clicking DATA - IMPORT EXTERNAL DATA then PARAMETERS but the PARAMETERS option is grayed out. I can select EDIT CURRENT QUERY, but this just brings me into the Microsoft query, where I don't see any options to query based on...

Tally Position of Data
Hello, Sorry for the strange way I have labelled the 'subject' but that is all I could think of. I wish to return the position of a person in a list. That person's position will change daily by the introduction of points gained. There are 3 columns: Column 1 has the persons name Column 2 has the points gained Column 3 is the current position The table is below Col A Col B Col C Name Points Position Tom 40 Dick 50 Harry 25 What is the formula to produce Name Points Position Tom 40 2 Dick 50 1 Harry 25 3 Thanks if yo...

Migrate Contact Address Data from CRM 1.2 to 3.0
We are upgrading from CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0. In order to migrate the existing data, we are using the CRM web services (in "../crmservice.asmx"). CRM 1.2 stores the contact data in the ContactBase table; I create a data source, create an instance of the "contact" object from the CRM web service, set each of the contact properties from the field values in the DataRows of the DataSet source, and then use the contact object's Create() method to add each contact to the CRM 3.0 database -- all of this works very well. However, CRM 1.2 stores the contact's address d...

DATA EXPORT
Hi, Can anyone tell me whats the easiest way to export ALL of my lead information into excel or Access. I have brought a new marketing list containing leads and want to deduplicate it against what we already have. I propose doing the following: 1. Import new list into Access 2. Export existing leads in MS CRM into Access 3. Duplicate check in Access 4. Delete the duplicates that originated from the new list 5. Import whats left over into MS CRM Can anyone think of a better/ easier way? Thanks Lee use advanced find to get a list of your lead data then hit export to excel or run a lead re...