Data for Chart with Blank Formula Cells

I am trying to chart a worksheet that contains many formulas.  When th
result of the formula is zero, the cell is instructed to leave the cel
blank (which is important to the information being tracked).  However
when I chart the data, it charts a ZERO for the cell.

I tried the interpolate feature, but because the cell has a formula i
it, it is not being read as "blank", even though the value is blank.

Help!  If week one is 2, week three is "blank" (remember, cell actuall
has a formula that is returning the blank), and week four is 6, I do
get my chart to interpolate from week 2 to week 4?

Thanks for the help.

Su

Hi Sue
in your formula try returning NA() instead of ""
e.g.
IF(condition,yourformula,NA())

Frank

> I am trying to chart a worksheet that contains many formulas.  When
> the result of the formula is zero, the cell is instructed to leave
> the cell blank (which is important to the information being tracked).
> However, when I chart the data, it charts a ZERO for the cell.
>
> I tried the interpolate feature, but because the cell has a formula
in
> it, it is not being read as "blank", even though the value is blank.
>
> Help!  If week one is 2, week three is "blank" (remember, cell
> actually has a formula that is returning the blank), and week four is
> 6, I do I get my chart to interpolate from week 2 to week 4?
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Sue
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)
2/12/2004 4:32:06 PM
Dear Frank,

It worked!

Thanks so much,

Su

Numbered Items in a Cell
I am using Excel 97. Is there a way to have a numbered items inside a single cell. Thanks Manik Please be more specific as to what you would like to do....... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Manik" <m.manikandan@mailcity.com> wrote in message news:04da01c34b1e$7d53eca0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I am using Excel 97. Is there a way to have a numbered > items inside a single cell. > > Thanks > Manik Lets say I want the following contents to be in a cell (big one): 1. First Line 2. Second Line 3. Third Line I want all the above numbered items to appear in a si...

How can I set up a gantt chart in excel?
Deos anyone know how to set up a gantt chart in Excel2002? I recall an older version that had a gantt function, but I cannot find that now. Thanks. Look here: http://www.tushar-mehta.com -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "k" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0d0501c3b8f3$846dd4e0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Deos anyone know how to set up a gantt chart in > Excel2002? I recall an older version that had a gantt > function, but I cannot find that now. > Thanks. ...

Data Validation for Pocket Excel
Pocket Excel looses all my data validation; Is there a function that Excel supports that would do the same thing? ...

Access CRM data for outside the network
Hello All, I would like to know if it is possible to access my CRM data outside of my network (via a web page NOT VPN). I would like customers an other consultants that work for me to have access to the data from anywhere any time with the proper credentials of course. I attempted to configure all unassigned IP's in IIS but I was unable to access it externally. I am using CRM 3.0 on a SBS 2003 Server (plain vanilla configuration). Any Ideas or how to's on this? Please and Thank you, Be Blessed KB There are few options regarding this. 1. View webpage, you have to make it ...

Report Builder Chart %
I have made a Chart diagram and included "point labels" for the Pie. Now the problem I can not figure out is how to make the label show % and not the actual number? Anny help appreciated. Erik -- Ertzaas Interaction Consulting, fore help with CRM and Telecom integrations. In the Point Lables dialog, put a p or P into the Format Code box. "Ertzaas Interaction Consulting" wrote: > I have made a Chart diagram and included "point labels" for the Pie. > > Now the problem I can not figure out is how to make the label show % and not > the ac...

I want to display the number 0 first in a cell, it won't let me n.
I want to be able to see a number with a zero in front of it as in 019, no decimals or anything but everytime I enter it and move to the next cell the 0 automatically disappears. Can anyone help? Lauren - You'll have to format the cell as "Text" to make it work. Hope this helps, Carole O "lauren" wrote: > I want to be able to see a number with a zero in front of it as in 019, no > decimals or anything but everytime I enter it and move to the next cell the 0 > automatically disappears. Can anyone help? Or, you can precede your value with a single qu...

Pivot table to query data in a set range
I'm with a real estate company and we do a lot of analysis of properties in specific price ranges. Is there a way in a pivot table to set filters by a range of data? For example, I want to look at average days on market for properties that are priced $500K to $1M? You can do with Auto Filter. "adman4" wrote: > I'm with a real estate company and we do a lot of analysis of properties in > specific price ranges. Is there a way in a pivot table to set filters by a > range of data? For example, I want to look at average days on market for > proper...

Saving with Custom Charts
Hi All, Does anyone know of a way of saving an excel file, which will include any custom charts, add-ins used etc as a complete package, rather than having to find each item and save them all individualy? I found the xlusrgraph or whatever is is for the custom charts, but having it all together would be much more convenient... Thanks, Gareth -- pianoman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pianoman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33712 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=5446...

Data Validation #9
Hi Leo Sorry about all this confusion. If the user enters Y into A1 first, then they cannot enter Y into any of the other cells. However, if the user enters Y into either A2, A3, A4 or A5 first, then they cannot enter Y into A1. It is basically A1 or A2:A5. Is this any clearer. Thanking you in advance. Regards, Sue ###################### Hi Sue I don't think, I got an answer to my question. If e.g. X is entered in A1 (A2:A5 empty), and then Y is entered in e.g. A4, what will happen then? I mean Y in A4 should prevent anything from being entered in A1, but A1 allready has a va...

Extracting Values from text embedded in cell
Thanks very much in advance for any solutions that can be offered. I have the following in cell A1: 123456-text 3" x 6 7/8" etc etc I have the following in cell A2: 654321-test 104 1/2" x 80 3/4" etc etc etc blah blah blah I would like to extract from A1 the value 3 and 6.875 into another location (ie. 3 in B1 and 6.875 in C1) I would like to extract from A2 the value 104.5 and 80.75 into another location (ie. 104.5 in B2 and 80.75 in C2) The length is always shown in inches (indicated as such by the single quotation symbol). The length could be a whole num...

Searching cells using a date range?
I have a large spreadsheet (CSV) with over 3000 lines of info. Each line has a date and time assigned to it. I would like to be able to set up some macros that would search and copy specific lines based on a start date and end date! Is it possibel to create some sort of menu where i can input the start and end dates and have the info from those specified cells copied into another blank sheet? I would be greatfull if someone could help point me in the right direction.... thanks Do you have to have a macro and menu? Why not put the start and end date in a couple of cells on the rig...

CListCtrl - Owner Data - Checkbox style
In my OnGetDispInfo, how do I get the checkbox to show? Currently, I only see white-space where I'd expect a checkbox (checked or unchecked) to show up. I'm using VS.NET 2003. Here's my OnGetDispInfo(...) { NMLVDISPINFO *pDispInfo = reinterpret_cast<NMLVDISPINFO*>(pNMHDR); LV_ITEM* pItem = &(pDispInfo)->item; if (pItem->mask & LVIF_TEXT) //valid text buffer? { CString str; CEINItem* pei = m_arrEINs.GetItem(pItem->iItem); switch(pItem->iSubItem) { case CEINItem::EIN: str.Format(_T(&quo...

Blank emails #6
Hi, A few of my users including myself have been losing email bodies. For example, this morning, i went through all my emails and moved some to another folder. I restarted my machine and all the emails I had moved where back in my inbox and the message body was gone. Any ideas of what may be causing this and how I can resolve it? I am running exchange 2000 sp4 on w2k sp4 I was going to say to look at your firewall, but after rereading your post it almost sounds like something on your client end is causing you some grief. Antivirus? Outlook Rules? Does the same thing happen if you move...

Loosing 1 month on my chart
I am using Excel 2000 I created a simple line chart with l line of information for a 30 month period. I have the chart as big as I can get it, but I can not get the last month to show on the chart. All of the dates on the X Axis are size 7. Nothing looks even crushed. I have seen charts with 4+ years of information and the chart looks crushed. Why can't I get this last month to show on the chart. I check my Souce data and all of the cells are picked up as I want them. Can anyone suggest what I should do next? I would really appreciate it. Aurora Maybe if you change the axis o...

changing formula
I have the formula bellow, which is getting a number from a worksheet within the permanent file to be added to the monthly worksheet. =$H$270+'\\nnn.edu\filespace\shared\Shared\_NewShare\SCHEDULES\[Spring10Perm.xlsx]BSched'!$H282 When changes are made to the permanent file, these changes are not always carried into the monthly worksheet. Has anyone encounter this problem. Another recurring problem is deleted information is not permanently deleted. It sometimes reappears. we use office 2007 and this is a shared file thanks for any feedback ...

ARG! Pull my hair out. Null fields and formulas
I have Excel 2002 SP3 and two spreadsheets. The following formula i spreadsheet #1: =A1*5, when A1 has the formula ="" in it returns 0 (behaving a expected) in spreadsheet #2 the same exact formula and assignments returns th '#VALUE' error message. I thought that null values are suppose to calc as zeros. It does i one spreadsheet but doesnt in the other. Any ideas on why? All cell formats and 'Tools' - 'Options' setting are identical -- Brian ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BrianC's Profile: http://www....

Data Function
How can I create a query if I have alot of dates in this format '10/23/07 12:30AM' and I want to seperate it by shift like 1st shift would be between 5:00AM to 1:30PM and just look at the time and date is irelavent. Thanks On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 08:35:04 -0700, Anthony wrote: > How can I create a query if I have alot of dates in this format '10/23/07 > 12:30AM' and I want to seperate it by shift like 1st shift would be between > 5:00AM to 1:30PM and just look at the time and date is irelavent. Thanks Look up the TimeValue function in VBA help. ?TimeValue(Now()) ...

how to vlookup of one cell by starting 2 digits of another cell?
how to vlookup of one cell by starting 2 digits of number in another cell? Something like: =vlookup(left(a1,2),B:G,2,false) Regards, Fred "Uday" <Uday@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA6A96DB-4214-4563-B1B2-052EDC54A57E@microsoft.com... > how to vlookup of one cell by starting 2 digits of number in another cell? ...

how do i change data on the x or y axis...
I am creating a chart to compare the # of emails received by day per hour...I would like the days Sunday thru Sat to appear on the left of the chart. At the bottom of the chart, I would like the times to appear (ie 12am - 11pm) by hour...I would also like the number of emails to be present in the graph. How do I do this??? Just a suggestion - the chart would look very busy with the data being displayed by day by and hour. You might try setting your data up like this (assume "Sun" is in cell A2 and the title "12am-6am" in cell B1: 12am-6am 6am-12pm 12pm-6pm 6p...

Form Appears Blank
Hi All, Had to delete my profile and start afresh because of corruption... however... The custom form I've created for my contacts appears as a regular contacts form even when I go and select it from my Personal Forms Library. I'm completely at a loss and pretty desparate to get it up and running again - or I'm in big trouble! Any help\shedding of light on this gratefuly appreciated. Hal ...

Mortgage Formulas
Hello Excel Guru's. I need some help. I am trying to create a spreadsheet with specific formulas for my MS Publisher flyer. The spreadsheet will need to consist of: Loan Programs Types: 3/1 ARM w/10% down, 5/1 ARM w/10% down, 5/1 Jumbo ARM w/10% down, 30 yr fixed w/10% down, 30 yr fixed w/20% down, 30 yr fixed Jumbo Mtg. I need to calculate the following: Loan Amount Down Payment Interest Rate A.P.R P&I P.M.I Taxes Total Payment Amount of Income to Qualify. Basically I do not how to create these formulas for Excel. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Bryan. Brya...

Auto-Correct Formulas ?? #2
i have created a code page, this time the code is in column A and The Long Name is in Column B.(this sheet is called REFS) i want it so that when i type R1 in column E it replaces it with the long name. ( on another sheet) for example: if i type R1 in column E on Sheet1 it automatically replaces it with ReferenceABC. This is in the other page called REFS , short name in column A (R1) and the long name in column B (ReferenceABC) Many Thanks :D Benn --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ One way: Put this in the Worksheet code module of Sheet1 (right-click the worksheet tab ...

I am having a problem calculating formulas using goal seek
I am having a problem calculating formulas using goal seek. ANy help you can give me would be appreciated Here's the best help I can provide: Tell us what your problem is. Give us an example of the problem, the result you get versus the result you want. -- Regards, Fred "rprevit2000@yahoo.com" <rprevit2000@yahoo.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3531D62-4841-4F92-98FA-EE42528F4B3C@microsoft.com... >I am having a problem calculating formulas using goal seek. ANy help you can > give me would be appreciated ...

How do I share User-Defined Custom Chart Types in Pivot Charts?
When I send file out to others, they can't see my user-defined chart that I modified and saved, and did a record macro to see each time data is changed. How can I share this? Excel Pivot Chart Question...... ...

Data Validation #VALUE
Even though I have data validation to accept only whole numbers, if a user accidentally enters text, other cells that contain formulas based on this cell change to #VALUE. The text is not allowed to be entered in the cell, but the formulas in the other cells apparently read that text. Don't the #value's only momentarily show up. Then you get the warning message from the Data|Validation check. Then as soon as you hit Retry or Cancel, the #values turn back to the previous value? I wouldn't worry about it, but you could change your formulas... =if(istext(a1),"",your...