Data disappears when I edit the chart.

nI have a x-y chart created from a spreadsheet made last year.  There are 5
data series plotted in different color symbols.  Now when I try to edit it
(change the source data columns), one of the symbol sets for one series just
flat disappears--though it is still shown in the legend.  There is no
difference in the number ranges between the sets so it's not an axis-scale
problem.  I have copied all the data into a new xls file and re-created the
graph.  All the data points show up except for that one series--even though
its label shows up in the legend, no points.  I have made sure that all the
source numbers are formatted as numbers.  I have been a major Excel user for
15 years and have never encountered this.

Make sure the new data range for that misbehaving series contains
numbers, not text. Remove formatting from the cells: if it's left
aligned it's text, right aligned numeric.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
774-275-0064
http://peltiertech.com/

On 4/7/2010 11:38 AM, Marith wrote:
> nI have a x-y chart created from a spreadsheet made last year.  There are 5
> data series plotted in different color symbols.  Now when I try to edit it
> (change the source data columns), one of the symbol sets for one series just
> flat disappears--though it is still shown in the legend.  There is no
> difference in the number ranges between the sets so it's not an axis-scale
> problem.  I have copied all the data into a new xls file and re-created the
> graph.  All the data points show up except for that one series--even though
> its label shows up in the legend, no points.  I have made sure that all the
> source numbers are formatted as numbers.  I have been a major Excel user for
> 15 years and have never encountered this.
0
Jon

horizontal data to vertical data

export public folder data?

how do I ceate a chart
My chart is not complete Jon Peltier has a charting tutorial that may help you: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/index.html If you need specific help, you can provide more details about your data layout, and what's not appearing in your chart. put wrote: > My chart is not complete -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

storing read only data

How to organize data?

Pivot Chart-Page Fields
Hello, I have a pivot chart and table with multiple page fields. When hiding items in the page field, the pivot table shows "Multiple Items", but the pivot chart shows "All". This happens whether I double click on the page field and hide an item, or drag it to a row or column area and uncheck the item. I do not want to users or viewers to think they are seeing All when items are hidden. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? Thanks for your help!!! I don't know of any way to change the Page field behaviour on the pivot chart. However, you could add a t...

Selecting specific data #2
Hi everyone I have another little problem. I have got a list of 20 items on sheet1, Cells A1 - A20 (numbered 1 - 20) and Cells B1 - B20 are items relating to that number, ie, number 1 = Concrete, number 2 = walls, and so on. Now on sheet 2 I have a table, again cell range A1:B20. I would like to know a formula so that when I enter a number in to column A, the corresponding item to that number appears in column B. ie, if I enter number 8 in Cell A1 on sheet 2, then I would like Floor to appear in Cell B1. Does this make sense? -- Thanks in advance for your help Lee Hi Lee Data range i...

What VBA Stmt Will Tell Me What a Chart's PlotNo Is?
I have a regular worksheet (not a chart sheet) that has 10 charts. I have written a macro that will allow the user to change the row limits of the SERIES formula. The macro works, but critical to making it work is knowing what the "PlotNo" (chart number on the sheet) is. What is the VBA statement that will tell me what a chart's Plot number is? He also needs to specify the SERIES number, but he can determine that by selecting the graph he wants to change. The two main statements I'm using are: Set Cht = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(PlotNo).Chart Series = Cht.SeriesCollection(...

What was your data migration experience for MS CRM 3.0?
Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or stored proceedures? What happened and how did you do it? Andy It's a bit unwieldy, but if you follow the documentation closely and do thorough tests it is a helpful tool. You should be prepared to do some extensive data cleansing and search the newsgroups when you hit a roadblock. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Andy" wrote: > Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or > stored proceedures? > > What happened and how did you do it? >...

Last Column With Data
How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has data? Dim myRow as long dim LastCol as long myrow = 1243 with worksheets("SomeSheetnamehere") lastcol = .cells(myrow,.columns.count).end(xltoleft).column end with msgbox LastCol This will break if you've used the last column in that row -- or if you haven't used any cells in that row. Is that a problem? Bishop wrote: > > How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has > data? -- Dave Peterson This gives a interger...

Edit Update Query
How do i get into an already created Update Query in order to edit it? Open in Design View. -- Build a little, test a little. "dburrells" wrote: > How do i get into an already created Update Query in order to edit it? ...

data file: how to start its application

merging data
I have a master file and 4 workbooks where individuals enter info daily. I need to update the master file workbook at the end of the day with the info from the 4 individual notebooks. How would I merge this data? I tried the "shared workbooks" process but it wouldn't let me do it. Please Help! Since your question is very "general", here's a "general" suggestion: Explore the use of links. Have all WBs open. Right click in a pertinent data cell of one of the 4 WBs, and choose "Copy". Navigate to the appropriate cell in the "Master&quo...

Vertical Data Extraction
Hi, I need to create a chart that is based on changing values. The Values are all stored vertically in a Worksheet called Percentage. The chart sheet contains a selection box where the user can select a specific search and a date and the selected conditions should be searched for and the chart should display results. Basically, when the user selects X in the first list box and Y in the second one, the code should search the Percentage worksheet for all instances of value=x and y and output. column Row Feature1 Feature2 Feature3 2000 0.5 8.3 10 2000 ...

Pie Chart from data
Hi, I am trying to create a pie chart from the below data just to show the percentages of what work orders are maj, med and min. How do I set this up!! Thanks in Advance!!! how can i create a pie char By following the directions within the Chart Wizard. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <9265C290-B0B6-4CAD-B909-5EDFCE7DC415@microsoft.com>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > how can i create a pie chart > > ...

Edit control redraw problem
hi all .. i am back with a new question ? well, i have a CControlBar derived class called, CBBar, which uses an edit control. I wanted to create a wordwrap effect (implemented by redefining OnContextMenu of the edit control) by destroying edit control and recreating it with the required flags set, when ever i get the wordwrap message. The child edit control implements a function to recreate the edit control window. It all seem to work fine as long as recreating the window is concerned. It cannot redraw itself even when calling the Invalidate and UpdateWindow functions. Therefore it ends up sh...

Varying data ranges
Hi, I am preparing a large number of identical reports on Excel fro imported data of varying sizes (e.g. some imported data is 400 row long, some 600, but all have the same number of columns). I hav recorded macros to take the data from its raw form to its complete form in order to releive the repetitive nature of this process, howeve the macro does not take into account the varying sizes of the raw data even when I use the Ctrl+Shft+End command. I am left with a lot o manual 'tidying up' of the reports after the macros have run. I have around 1,800 reports to complete so if ther...

changing data
Please can someone tell me how to do an automatic change all the way down a column. For example, i have a list of applications throughout a spreasheet as follows Approach, Eurosys, Oscar, Pivot_Pro Pivot_Pro, Oscar, Approach, i need to change exery occurance of Pivot_Pro to Pivot (Dual) how will i do this please help? Hi Press <Ctrl><H> In the find box, type in the existing name, in the change to box, type the new name, click on Change All, and its done -- j.kasselman@atlantic.net.remove_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa "danzelindistress" wrote: &...

kind of chart?
I have to make a chart that tracks the following data: employee; office location (city); age; total months service. I have no idea what type of chart to use. The actual employee name will not be used in the chart. There are approximately 15 employees per location so I want to somehow group by location, but I need to show the individual ages and months of services. Help! Hi Kim - This approach might be just what you need. We'll make an XY chart with age as the X variable and months of service as the Y variable. First set up the data. Trust me, spending five minutes with data will...

Baffled by missing data on printout
I have a bunch of subforms that the user will fill out from a main form. I then save all that data into a local table, then read it back from a report. The report loads the same subforms which reload the data. All that is working fine on screen, and on print preview. Then, when sent to a printer, all te text boxes are blank! What could *possibly* cause this? I switched printers, used a pdf output printer (save to disk in PDF), and with same results. Any ideas? Rick wrote: > I have a bunch of subforms that the user will fill out from a main > form. I then save all t...

Data Filter
I am running excel 2003. I am needing to copy my out put to another location. I have the options checked : Copy to another location and my list range. However, in the copy to range it is listed " $j$4:$Q$4." I do know that my range is correct but how would I get the output data to be pasted in another locations. Once I click on OK the wrong information is outputted.. Thanks for your adivse. -- Nathan You should be able to select another range for the output. What happened when you tried to change it? Jessica@aol.com wrote: > I am running excel 2003. I am needing to copy ...