Customizing the color of chart legend icons

I need to change the color of legend icons from the
default purple and blues and such(which are btw all
horrible pastels) into custom color.  Is this possible
and if not then why not?
0
eatafish (1)

Mr. Orange;

You *can* change the colors of the legend elements.

The easiest way:

Display the chart you want to change.

Click any data series (bar, pie piece, whatever) once.

Click the 'pie slice' whose legend color you want to
change once more - don't double-click - just click once
and wait a few seconds. That section or bar or pie slice
is now highlighted all by itself. Right click that
section and select 'Format data point' (if it says format
data series cancel out and do the 2nd click again and be
patient).

Select a new Area Color (something less pastel in your
case) on the right side of the dialog box, then click OK.

The legend color element recolors along with that data
point.

********

You can also click the legend once, then click the
desired element that you want to change, right click it,
select format... give it a new color, and click OK. The
corresponding pie slice will also change to the same
color. (this is also the way you can change the fill
color fo the legend area itself.)

0
beach1 (2)
9/26/2003 10:14:23 PM
You can also change the default colors that Excel uses in your charts.
Go to the Tools menu, select Options, and click on the Color tab.  There
you see Excel's color palette in all its glory (gag).  Notice the two
bottom rows, called Chart Fills and Chart Lines.  Excel uses these from
left to right to format chart series.  Change these using Modify...
until you like the colors of your charts.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
_______

Keith wrote:
> Mr. Orange;
>
> You *can* change the colors of the legend elements.
>
> The easiest way:
>
> Display the chart you want to change.
>
> Click any data series (bar, pie piece, whatever) once.
>
> Click the 'pie slice' whose legend color you want to
> change once more - don't double-click - just click once
> and wait a few seconds. That section or bar or pie slice
> is now highlighted all by itself. Right click that
> section and select 'Format data point' (if it says format
> data series cancel out and do the 2nd click again and be
> patient).
>
> Select a new Area Color (something less pastel in your
> case) on the right side of the dialog box, then click OK.
>
> The legend color element recolors along with that data
> point.
>
> ********
>
> You can also click the legend once, then click the
> desired element that you want to change, right click it,
> select format... give it a new color, and click OK. The
> corresponding pie slice will also change to the same
> color. (this is also the way you can change the fill
> color fo the legend area itself.)

group box line color
Anyone knows whether or not it is possible to change the line color (or remove the line) of the group box (the one on the Forms toolbar, not the Toolbox one) Cheers, Patrick You can hide the lines using some VBA: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim GB As GroupBox For Each GB In ActiveSheet.GroupBoxes GB.Visible = False 'true Next GB End Sub If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm Patrick wrote: > > Anyone knows whether or not it is possible to change the line col...

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

Changing bar graph legend?
I am a teacher trying to teach students how to graph rivers in differen continents and their length. I can get the rivers and length graph, bu I want the legend to show only the continents (e.g. I have 2 rivers i Europe and want them both the same colour and the legend to say Europ for that colour). The only way I seem to be able to include th continents in this way is for the legend to say both the continent an the river name, which is a bit redundant since the river name i already on the x-axis. Is there any way of putting information only i the legend? I hope this description is clear enoug...

Custom toolbar and macros

Can a Vlookup be used when creating a chart
1. Is it possible? 2. where would it be entered? the values line? 1. Probably 2. Not enough detail to provide even a guess. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 11:23:02 -0800, Confusicous <Confusicous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >1. Is it possible? >2. where would it be entered? the values line? Here is my data: 2010 spreadsheet = Entities = A18:A45 Numbers = N18:N45 2009 spreadsheet= Entities A18:A41 Numbers = N18:N41 The reason I would like to have the Vlookup is because new data was entered in 2010 but if I just enter the ...

toolbar customization

Stacking and Clustering in Charts
Is there any way to utilize the stacking and clustering features in Excel charting simultaneously? Thank you. Cyndi No not really. If you have a Picture editing program you might try the following. I used Paint Shop Pro to edit two charts. 1. Create two charts of the same data in excel. 2. Resize both charts. 3. Remove the background on at least on of the charts ( the one to go at the front) 4. copy both charts in to the picture editor. Set the width to 300 and the height to 100 pixels 5 copy the chart with the plain plot area into a new layer on the other chart. 6 right click the to...

Customize Does not WOrk

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

XY Scatter with Custom Labels

Using either 'Conditional Formatting or VB' to color specific Cells
All, I'm new to using macro's within Excel, please forgive my ignorance in advance! heh Does anyone know the best way to color cells within a worksheet based on data in other rows within the same worksheet? I've used Conditional Formatting but it only lets me use (3) colors. I need to use about 10 or so. Basically I have data in columns A - P, in columns AI:AJ I have data that I want to show as a specific color in rows A - P if it exists. Can someone give me an example that I can use and modify to do this task? Thanks -J I assume that you want an easy way to visually identify ce...

font color
in newer versions of Word I am finding that putting the cursor over a color in the hex diagram doesn't tell the color name or percentage gray. Is there a fix for this? How can I specify the percentage gray I want? ...

Customer Report

How to customize column width in Ressource Usage report ?
Hi, When printing the Workload, Ressource Usage report, some of the durations are stated as #####.##. I tried to make the font smaller but it did'ent help. How do I make the report readable? I am using MS Project 2007 SP2. Br Bertrand If you goto Reports, Custom you can see all of the built-in reports and you can see what they are made of and you will see that they use a filter and a table (and other settings and stuff). The column width of each field is a property of the table. Find the report that you are interested in, then find the table that it uses, then e...

Animated bar Charts
Anyone know how to take a simple bar chart, with say a value of 10 and through the press of a button have it animate and shrink in size down to 5 for example. In other words, I have tons of bars in a "before" case and also an "after" case and I want a macro or code to show the transition between those two. Any Ideas? -- gsimmons2005 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ gsimmons2005's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26385 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=...

Custom X-axis

GPS Customization Query

change local customer to global customer
I am trying to change the local customers that i have in my store database to global customers in hq I ran this querie in store administrator UPDATE Customer SET GlobalCustomer = 1 Then ran worksheet 401 in hq, but the customers did not update, then worksheet 350. Can someone help? Had the same issue ... this worked for me - need to set globalcustomer = 1; need to set lastupdated = getdate(*); need to set storeid = 'xxxx' (whatever is appropriate for you). Go into SO Manager and configure ENABLE GLOBAL CUSTOMERS and NEW CUSTOMERS DEFAULT AS GLOBAL. Need to run 401 TWICE (once...

How do I create a sales funnel graph/chart with Excel?
CharlesJ - It might help if you describe the kind of chart you want (and the data upon which it is based). A Google search for "sales funnel chart" yields approx. 125,000 results. Some examples seem to be quantitative (with what some chart gurus might regard as unnecessary deception using length and areas), and some seem to be merely line diagrams, not based on numerical data. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com CharlesJ - It might help if you describe the kind of chart you want (and the data upon which it is based). A Google search for "sales funnel chart" yiel...

Problem with Powerpoint Chart with RDP /span
I used RDP Session with /span with 2 monitors. When open PowerPoint 2003, insert a chart, click off (i.e. deselect) the chart, font compresses horizontally and the font are not visible correctly. ...

customize public folder
Hi, I have exchange server 2003, on a windows 2003 server environment. 1) I want to remove or hide the "favorites" folder under the public folder tree? 2) May I not to use the existing public folder tree structure? Public folder --> All Public folders --> (Company contacts) Public folder --> (Company contacts) Thanks, On Tue, 30 May 2006 15:32:25 +0800, "Classmate" <NoEmailAddress@abc.com.hk> wrote: >Hi, > > > > I have exchange server 2003, on a windows 2003 server environment. > > > >1)...