Customer Feedback chart

I need to create a customer feedback chart. They have had to complete a
comment card by answering excellent, good, average, poor and bad for a series
of items. How can I input this data into excel and then show the results in a
pie chart?
0
Pip (6)

The pie chart needs this data:

Excellent   XXX
Good        XXX
Average     XXX
Poor        XXX
Bad         XXX

Select the data and use the Chart Wizard (chart-like button on the standard
toolbar, or use Insert menu > Chart) to create  a pie chart.

If your data is like:

CUSTOMER     RATING
Customer A   Excellent
Customer B   Average
Customer C   Poor
Customer D   Average
Customer E   Good
etc.

you can get it into the required format using a pivot table (Data menu),
putting the Rating field into both the row and data areas of the pivot
table, or using formulas:

Put the ratings into a range, say E1:E5, then in F1 enter this formula:

=COUNTIF($B$1:$B$100,E1)

where B1:B100 is the range containing the ratings. Fill this formula down to
F5, and you have a table like that at the top of this reply.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Pip" <Pip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to create a customer feedback chart. They have had to complete a
> comment card by answering excellent, good, average, poor and bad for a
> series
> of items. How can I input this data into excel and then show the results
> in a
> pie chart?

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

Custom toolbar and macros

toolbar customization

Can a Vlookup be used when creating a chart
1. Is it possible? 2. where would it be entered? the values line? 1. Probably 2. Not enough detail to provide even a guess. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 11:23:02 -0800, Confusicous <Confusicous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >1. Is it possible? >2. where would it be entered? the values line? Here is my data: 2010 spreadsheet = Entities = A18:A45 Numbers = N18:N45 2009 spreadsheet= Entities A18:A41 Numbers = N18:N41 The reason I would like to have the Vlookup is because new data was entered in 2010 but if I just enter the ...

Stacking and Clustering in Charts
Is there any way to utilize the stacking and clustering features in Excel charting simultaneously? Thank you. Cyndi No not really. If you have a Picture editing program you might try the following. I used Paint Shop Pro to edit two charts. 1. Create two charts of the same data in excel. 2. Resize both charts. 3. Remove the background on at least on of the charts ( the one to go at the front) 4. copy both charts in to the picture editor. Set the width to 300 and the height to 100 pixels 5 copy the chart with the plain plot area into a new layer on the other chart. 6 right click the to...

Customize Does not WOrk

Column Chart with multiple vertical axis
I tried building a chart that displays 1 series in dollar sales and 1 series in unit sales. I tried putting one on a secondary axis, but it always overlaps the columns and changing the series overlap setting doesn't seem to have any effect? Does any one know what is going on and how I can separate columns on separate axis? Thanks, Jamie You need to add a couple dummy series to help align the visible series: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://...

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

XY Scatter with Custom Labels

Customer Report

How to customize column width in Ressource Usage report ?
Hi, When printing the Workload, Ressource Usage report, some of the durations are stated as #####.##. I tried to make the font smaller but it did'ent help. How do I make the report readable? I am using MS Project 2007 SP2. Br Bertrand If you goto Reports, Custom you can see all of the built-in reports and you can see what they are made of and you will see that they use a filter and a table (and other settings and stuff). The column width of each field is a property of the table. Find the report that you are interested in, then find the table that it uses, then e...

Animated bar Charts
Anyone know how to take a simple bar chart, with say a value of 10 and through the press of a button have it animate and shrink in size down to 5 for example. In other words, I have tons of bars in a "before" case and also an "after" case and I want a macro or code to show the transition between those two. Any Ideas? -- gsimmons2005 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ gsimmons2005's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26385 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=...

Custom X-axis

GPS Customization Query

change local customer to global customer
I am trying to change the local customers that i have in my store database to global customers in hq I ran this querie in store administrator UPDATE Customer SET GlobalCustomer = 1 Then ran worksheet 401 in hq, but the customers did not update, then worksheet 350. Can someone help? Had the same issue ... this worked for me - need to set globalcustomer = 1; need to set lastupdated = getdate(*); need to set storeid = 'xxxx' (whatever is appropriate for you). Go into SO Manager and configure ENABLE GLOBAL CUSTOMERS and NEW CUSTOMERS DEFAULT AS GLOBAL. Need to run 401 TWICE (once...

How do I create a sales funnel graph/chart with Excel?
CharlesJ - It might help if you describe the kind of chart you want (and the data upon which it is based). A Google search for "sales funnel chart" yields approx. 125,000 results. Some examples seem to be quantitative (with what some chart gurus might regard as unnecessary deception using length and areas), and some seem to be merely line diagrams, not based on numerical data. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com CharlesJ - It might help if you describe the kind of chart you want (and the data upon which it is based). A Google search for "sales funnel chart" yiel...

customize public folder
Hi, I have exchange server 2003, on a windows 2003 server environment. 1) I want to remove or hide the "favorites" folder under the public folder tree? 2) May I not to use the existing public folder tree structure? Public folder --> All Public folders --> (Company contacts) Public folder --> (Company contacts) Thanks, On Tue, 30 May 2006 15:32:25 +0800, "Classmate" <NoEmailAddress@abc.com.hk> wrote: >Hi, > > > > I have exchange server 2003, on a windows 2003 server environment. > > > >1)...

Problem with Powerpoint Chart with RDP /span
I used RDP Session with /span with 2 monitors. When open PowerPoint 2003, insert a chart, click off (i.e. deselect) the chart, font compresses horizontally and the font are not visible correctly. ...

Custom ActiveX control fails on release build
Some time ago I created simple custom control (.ocx) using Visual Basic 6. Recently I decided to also use my control in VC++ apps. VB: Using the ActiveX Control Interface Wizard and the Property Page Wizard I added the appropriate handlers and a simple property page to change the appearance, border, colors, and fonts. Nothing special there. VC: The control was installed and registered on the test machine through the installer and is located in the system folder. On the development machine the application runs fine and the new control works great. On the test machine the dialog box fail...

Custom colors
I hope someone can help me out on this one please! I mixed a few new colors using RGB that I want applied to certain cells on a spreadsheet that will be shared among many users. The problem is, I noticed that setting RGB only changes the color pallette and if the user resets or changes their color pallette, then my colors are all reset on the spreadsheet (and they look bad!). Apparently its all linked by the color index? i.e. If the user changes their color index, that change updates the spreadsheet color. Is there is foolproof (or at least better) way of applying custom shading t...

Category Labels in Radar chart
How can I change just 1 of the category labels of a radar chart - just make one of the categories bold to stand out. I can only highlight all of them. 2003 version. On any chart, you can't change the axis category labels individually. However, a possible workaround would be to format one of your series to display labels (and choose category names). Then single-click the specific label twice and make it bold. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "CrownEquip-Jen" wrote: > How can I change just 1 of the ca...