Custom gridline - one single gridline at a specific value

Is there a way to have only one single gridline in the y-axis, at a
specified value?

All I can find is to turn off/on gridlines in the Chart Options.

Running Excel 2002.

0
bg3075 (3)

Well, what I have ended up doing is to simply insert an "Autoshape" line,
after turning off the gridlines.
"Barry Guidry" <bg3075@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to have only one single gridline in the y-axis, at a
> specified value?
>
> All I can find is to turn off/on gridlines in the Chart Options.
>
> Running Excel 2002.

0
bg3075 (3)
9/14/2007 3:34:17 PM
Hi,

Have a look at Jon's page,

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Barry Guidry" <bg3075@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to have only one single gridline in the y-axis, at a
> specified value?
>
> All I can find is to turn off/on gridlines in the Chart Options.
>
> Running Excel 2002.

0
andy9699 (3616)
9/14/2007 3:42:53 PM
Yes, that is it!  Thanks very much
"Andy Pope" <andy@andypope.info> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Have a look at Jon's page,
> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>

> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info
> "Barry Guidry" <bg3075@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
>> Is there a way to have only one single gridline in the y-axis, at a
>> specified value?
>>
>> All I can find is to turn off/on gridlines in the Chart Options.
>>
>> Running Excel 2002.

0
bg3075 (3)

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

SendUsing"configuration value is invalid #6
When I coppied the code from your site, I receive a different error "Th server rejected the sender address. The server responce was 553 thi smtp server requires authorisation.... Prior to coping the code I removed all the ' in my code and it did no make a difference -- jpal ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jpalm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1617 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27596 ...

Help dealing with "#N/A" (in general, but specifically with VLOOKUP)
Are there some tips for handling the #n/a errors? They really screw u my spreadsheets, but sometimes the outputs are unavoidable. Wha irritates me most is that Excel doesn't seem to acknowledge them as an number, not even zero. For example, I may have a list of values that I want to add, and i there is a #n/a in the list, the summation will not work. Worse yet even a SUMIF doesn't seem to work. Are there ways to quickly remove, or have excel just put a zero in th cell instead? As for a specific problem, I am using VLOOKUP right now on an arra with 2000 items in column A. The arr...

Text value type is calculated on INSERT
Hi I think this is the right group for my question. I have a macro in Excel VBA that inserts data into Access accdba database. The code snippet that inserts the data is: Public Function InsertPhotoMapNumbers(ByRef miMaxMapNo As Integer, ByRef miApplicationYear As Integer) As Long Dim msMapNo As String 'Some code here msMapNo = CStr(miMapNo) + "/" + CStr(miMaxMapNo) mobjCommand.CommandText = "INSERT INTO tblMaps(PhotoMapNo, ApplicationYear) VALUES (" & msMapNo & "," & miApplicationYear & ")" 'Execute the SQL stat...

Custom toolbar and macros

toolbar customization

Customize Does not WOrk

Deleting specific records based on query results
Is there a way to use a select query to find and then delete specific records in a database. My database records basic applicant information in one table (tblApplicants) and any interview data in another (TblActivities). I need to do an annual purge of applicants from a previous year who were never interviewed. I have a select query that returns the name and date entered from the TblApplicants table where the requisition data in the TblActivities table is null. I know I can then go to the TblApplicants and manually delete each record, but at over 1700 records that seems a lit...

Lookup value selection
Is there any way to select lookup value by pressing "Enter" key on keyboard and avoid mouse click? -- romeo!! Please clarify. I could use the up and down arrow to select the values and then press "Enter" key to select the lookup value - works for me in v4.0. Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com "romeo" wrote: > Is there any way to select lookup value by pressing "Enter" key on keyboard > and avoid mouse click? > > -- > romeo!! ...

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

Gridlines #9
I am trying to print an area using Print Area and try to print it with the gridlines. It prints the area with the gridlines but the rest of the paper prints without them. Would appreciate all help. John Make the print area larger by including some blank cells so the entire print area takes up the whole sheet when you print it. -- XL2002 Regards William willwest22@yahoo.com "John Bahran" <johnbahran@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:aea82e98.0408121414.5da511b2@posting.google.com... | I am trying to print an area using Print Area and try to print it with | the gridlines....

XY Scatter with Custom Labels

Using either 'Conditional Formatting or VB' to color specific Cells
All, I'm new to using macro's within Excel, please forgive my ignorance in advance! heh Does anyone know the best way to color cells within a worksheet based on data in other rows within the same worksheet? I've used Conditional Formatting but it only lets me use (3) colors. I need to use about 10 or so. Basically I have data in columns A - P, in columns AI:AJ I have data that I want to show as a specific color in rows A - P if it exists. Can someone give me an example that I can use and modify to do this task? Thanks -J I assume that you want an easy way to visually identify ce...

Customer Report

How to customize column width in Ressource Usage report ?
Hi, When printing the Workload, Ressource Usage report, some of the durations are stated as #####.##. I tried to make the font smaller but it did'ent help. How do I make the report readable? I am using MS Project 2007 SP2. Br Bertrand If you goto Reports, Custom you can see all of the built-in reports and you can see what they are made of and you will see that they use a filter and a table (and other settings and stuff). The column width of each field is a property of the table. Find the report that you are interested in, then find the table that it uses, then e...

Gridline box checked or unchecked. Gridlines do not print.
I'm new to excell and want to print gridlines. (Office 2003) With the gridline box checked or unchecked the gridlines do not print. Obviously, I must be doing something stupid. But what? Help appreciated, thanks, bobb File/Page Setup/Sheet tab, check Gridlines Bob Umlas Excel MVP "bobb" wrote: > I'm new to excell and want to print gridlines. (Office 2003) > > With the gridline box checked or unchecked the gridlines do not print. > > Obviously, I must be doing something stupid. But what? > > Help appreciated, thanks, bobb No response in...

Custom X-axis

GPS Customization Query

change local customer to global customer
I am trying to change the local customers that i have in my store database to global customers in hq I ran this querie in store administrator UPDATE Customer SET GlobalCustomer = 1 Then ran worksheet 401 in hq, but the customers did not update, then worksheet 350. Can someone help? Had the same issue ... this worked for me - need to set globalcustomer = 1; need to set lastupdated = getdate(*); need to set storeid = 'xxxx' (whatever is appropriate for you). Go into SO Manager and configure ENABLE GLOBAL CUSTOMERS and NEW CUSTOMERS DEFAULT AS GLOBAL. Need to run 401 TWICE (once...

Custom ActiveX control fails on release build
Some time ago I created simple custom control (.ocx) using Visual Basic 6. Recently I decided to also use my control in VC++ apps. VB: Using the ActiveX Control Interface Wizard and the Property Page Wizard I added the appropriate handlers and a simple property page to change the appearance, border, colors, and fonts. Nothing special there. VC: The control was installed and registered on the test machine through the installer and is located in the system folder. On the development machine the application runs fine and the new control works great. On the test machine the dialog box fail...

User Defined Function returning #Value!
I have a function that I created. When I test it in the Intermediate Window, ? Kountifs("Registered Nurse"), it returns a 12 which is correct. I want to be able to use this function a my datasheet. I have included basically the same function =Kountifs("Registered Nurse"). But, ont the datasheet I receive a #Value! rather than the 12. Does anyone have ideas why? Why dont you post the UDF.. If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "DogLover" wrote: > I have a function that I created. When I test it in the Intermed...