Creating stacked bar for multiple groups and multiple years

Hello. I'm trying to create a stacked bar graph for multiple groups. I've
looked at other posts but still can't figure this out.

Given the following:

FY 07
     Group A
          ATB increase = 2.5%
          Step increase = 0.75%
          Longevity increase = 0.5%
     Group B
          ATB increase = 3.5%
          Step increase = 0.5%
          Longevity increase = 1.5%
     Group C
          ATB increase = 1.5%
          Step increase = 1.75%
          Longevity increase = 0.25%
FY 08
     Group A
          ATB increase = 6.5%
          Step increase = 0.75%
          Longevity increase = 0.25%
     Group B
          ATB increase = 4.5%
          Step increase = 0.25%
          Longevity increase = 1.25%
     Group C
          ATB increase = 1.25%
          Step increase = 2.75%
          Longevity increase = 1.25%
FY 09
     Group A
          ATB increase = 1.5%
          Step increase = 2.75%
          Longevity increase = 1.25%
     Group B
          ATB increase = 2.5%
          Step increase = 2.25%
          Longevity increase = 1.25%
     Group C
          ATB increase = 4.25%
          Step increase = 3.75%
          Longevity increase = 1.25%

My ultimate goal is to see Group A with the three "increase" partes as a
stacked bar for FY07 and then FY08 next to it and FY09 next to that. The same
for the other groups. This way, I can look at each group and see how the
fiscal years are compared along with identifying the parts that make up the
group.

Sorry for the length. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
James
0
James6891 (359)

Hi,

Take a look at this:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"James" wrote:

> Hello. I'm trying to create a stacked bar graph for multiple groups. I've
> looked at other posts but still can't figure this out.
>
> Given the following:
>
> FY 07
>      Group A
>           ATB increase = 2.5%
>           Step increase = 0.75%
>           Longevity increase = 0.5%
>      Group B
>           ATB increase = 3.5%
>           Step increase = 0.5%
>           Longevity increase = 1.5%
>      Group C
>           ATB increase = 1.5%
>           Step increase = 1.75%
>           Longevity increase = 0.25%
> FY 08
>      Group A
>           ATB increase = 6.5%
>           Step increase = 0.75%
>           Longevity increase = 0.25%
>      Group B
>           ATB increase = 4.5%
>           Step increase = 0.25%
>           Longevity increase = 1.25%
>      Group C
>           ATB increase = 1.25%
>           Step increase = 2.75%
>           Longevity increase = 1.25%
> FY 09
>      Group A
>           ATB increase = 1.5%
>           Step increase = 2.75%
>           Longevity increase = 1.25%
>      Group B
>           ATB increase = 2.5%
>           Step increase = 2.25%
>           Longevity increase = 1.25%
>      Group C
>           ATB increase = 4.25%
>           Step increase = 3.75%
>           Longevity increase = 1.25%
>
> My ultimate goal is to see Group A with the three "increase" partes as a
> stacked bar for FY07 and then FY08 next to it and FY09 next to that. The same
> for the other groups. This way, I can look at each group and see how the
> fiscal years are compared along with identifying the parts that make up the
> group.
>
> Sorry for the length. Any help is greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks!
> James
I think this'll work. Thank you!

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Take a look at this:
>
> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html
>
> If this helps, please click the Yes button
>
> Cheers,
> Shane Devenshire
>
> "James" wrote:
>
> > Hello. I'm trying to create a stacked bar graph for multiple groups. I've
> > looked at other posts but still can't figure this out.
> >
> > Given the following:
> >
> > FY 07
> >      Group A
> >           ATB increase = 2.5%
> >           Step increase = 0.75%
> >           Longevity increase = 0.5%
> >      Group B
> >           ATB increase = 3.5%
> >           Step increase = 0.5%
> >           Longevity increase = 1.5%
> >      Group C
> >           ATB increase = 1.5%
> >           Step increase = 1.75%
> >           Longevity increase = 0.25%
> > FY 08
> >      Group A
> >           ATB increase = 6.5%
> >           Step increase = 0.75%
> >           Longevity increase = 0.25%
> >      Group B
> >           ATB increase = 4.5%
> >           Step increase = 0.25%
> >           Longevity increase = 1.25%
> >      Group C
> >           ATB increase = 1.25%
> >           Step increase = 2.75%
> >           Longevity increase = 1.25%
> > FY 09
> >      Group A
> >           ATB increase = 1.5%
> >           Step increase = 2.75%
> >           Longevity increase = 1.25%
> >      Group B
> >           ATB increase = 2.5%
> >           Step increase = 2.25%
> >           Longevity increase = 1.25%
> >      Group C
> >           ATB increase = 4.25%
> >           Step increase = 3.75%
> >           Longevity increase = 1.25%
> >
> > My ultimate goal is to see Group A with the three "increase" partes as a
> > stacked bar for FY07 and then FY08 next to it and FY09 next to that. The same
> > for the other groups. This way, I can look at each group and see how the
> > fiscal years are compared along with identifying the parts that make up the
> > group.
> >
> > Sorry for the length. Any help is greatly appreciated!
> >
> > Thanks!
> > James
0
James6891 (359)

How to stop "Undo" across multiple spreadsheets
When I am working between multiple separate worksheets, Undo will work backwards across all of the worsheets that I have open. How do I get the Undo function to work only on the worksheet that I am currently on? ...

create a roster

how to define scroll bar's page size value?
Hi all, I have a confusion about calculating scroll bar's page size. In my application, I am drawing an image according to scroll bar position. m_iGeneratedImgWidth - Width size of the image (this value is always bigger) rect.right - Width of the drawing area. how to define scroll bar's page size value? SCROLLINFO info; info.cbSize = sizeof(SCROLLINFO); info.fMask = SIF_RANGE|SIF_PAGE|SIF_POS; info.nPos = 0; info.nMin = 0; info.nMax = m_iGeneratedImgWidth - rect.right; info.nPage = ? In my OnHScrollBar() function, for SB_PAGELEFT / SB_PAG...

Task Create - Status

Splitting one table into multiple tables/tabs
Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me split a table into multiple tables or tabs. If I have a table of 20 customers with various transactions over time all in one table. I'd like to know if it's possible to seperate the table into multiple tables based on the change in customer number and have them broken into multiple tabs without manually creating each tab and then cut and pasting. I really appreciate any help! Thanks! ...

Create external database

Organizing Outlook folder for group to work from.
I'm just wondering if Outlook has the capability to do the following: We are a group of four people who work from a single Inbox for support emails. Each one of us specializes in handling a different set of issues. We want to be able to flag email in this inbox so that everyone in the group knows that one of us is working that email. Anyway to add flags with our names instead of the default colored flags? Also, we want the messages to not "Mark as Read" for the whole group when only one of us reads it. Any good way of doing this? Ideally, it would be great if the message was mar...

Formula Bar Problem
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi- <br><br>I have been having trouble with my formula bar. I have gone to &quot;view&quot; and selected the &quot;formatting pallet&quot; and &quot;formula bar&quot; options, but still it does not appear. What else do I need to do to make it show up? ...

How to create pie chart with %

Vlookup/match/offset over multiple columns of lable
Hi. I would like to perform vlookup over several columns. f a 1 5 e 9 13 b 2 6 f 10 14 c 3 7 g 11 15 d 4 8 h 12 16 My intent is to lookup A1="f", over the table of B2:G5 to obtain the offset values associated with "f", namely 10, 14,... The simplest way is to move "e through h" below "d" and perform a regular vlookup, but I prefer not doing so because they have different properties and I intent to expand each column in the future. Thanks for the headsup. Regards, csw -- csw78 -----------------------------------------------------------...

I check "windows in task bar", after restarting, it is no longer c
In Excel if I check "windows in task bar", (Tools, Opions, View Tab) after I have restarted the machine this option is now unchecked. I have unchecked "Group Similar Task Bar Buttons" in my Task Bar Properties What version of excel are you running? There's a bug in xl2k that shows up if you're working with shared workbooks. If you're not using xl2k and shared workbooks, it sounds like you don't have permission to save this setting in your windows registry. I'd talk to my IT folks to find out if they can fix it. but.... Saved from a previous post....

when form created

How do I make a stacked column chart with side-by-side comparison.
Looking at making a stacked column chart. But I want it to look like a clustered column, able to compare 2 items next to each other. Any thoughts? Take a look at Jon Peltier's site. He has lots of examples of different chart types. I'll start you out on the page you might want to look at. http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html "Tim" wrote: > Looking at making a stacked column chart. But I want it to look like a > clustered column, able to compare 2 items next to each other. Any thoughts? Here's a page with links to clustered-stacke...

slow progress bar loading cloned XP SP2
Hello everyone This issue happened to me some times and I'm curious about it. XP SP2, cloned hard disk. I've tried everything: system seems to start disk driver, but hdd led does not blink. Then, Windows XP stays with the progress bar slower than normal, forever. The only way that I could boot this system again is by a repair install, a very slow and unwanted method. Anyone could please help me? thanks :) begin 666 rolleyes.gif M1TE&.#EA% `4`-4_`*::?+F-#,BG%>[,&>6\%?C;'MNN$-O7RZA]"6U3"?[E M(G9C-8QI"7MH/*J-$J:$#O'/&LZ:&...

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut

Multiple tables output to multiple sheets in single excel workbook
Hi all, Been a while since I've done any access dev, and I can't for the life of me remember how to do this. I have 3 tables I need to export to Excel, preferably in one workbook as separate sheets. Using OutputTo simply overwrite the file, and I seem to recall using transfertext to accomplish this, but it says the file is read-only after the first table is output. Do I need to create an export spec? If so, how do I go about this? Or is this simply not going to happen without using the Office library reference and all that jazz? TIA, SusanV Thanks Tom - I'll give it a ...

Old emails not displayed (Multiple PC's using same inbox)
I have 2 machines running XP and Outlook 2000. Both mahcines are setup to using the same Exchange Server email account. When i open outlook in one machine all mail are visable is the inbox, and new mail is received correctly. But if i opne Outlook on the second machine my inbox is empty. Any new mails will appear quickly then disappear. I cannot get the second machine to display old emails. If I leave the first machine off, all new mail will stay in the second machines inbox, but if I open outlook on the second machine all mail disappears and is shown in the first machines inbox. A...