Creating line charts

Hi, I need to create a chart which has months of the year on one axis with 6
names on the other and have to pick up a figure for G8:R8 (Tom), G16:R16
(Sarah), G29:R29 (Emma), G34:R34 (Lindsay, G41:R41 (Divya) and G46:R46
(Tayub).  It's been ages since I've had to do this, so any help would be
gratefully accepted.

I don't understand your data. Don't you mean, months across the horizontal
axis, some value against the vertical axis, and one line per person's name
in the chart?

If so, presumably the months are in another range, like G1:R1. Start the
chart wizard, and on step 2, click on the Series tab, clear any existing
series, then click in the Category (X Axis) Labels box, then select the
range with months. Click Add to add a series, type a person's name in the
Name box, then click in the Y Values box, and select a range corresponding
to that person's values. Repeat for all series.

If not, I may need more details (I'm only on my second cup of joe).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Sheila Innes" <SheilaInnes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I need to create a chart which has months of the year on one axis with
> 6
> names on the other and have to pick up a figure for G8:R8 (Tom), G16:R16
> (Sarah), G29:R29 (Emma), G34:R34 (Lindsay, G41:R41 (Divya) and G46:R46
> (Tayub).  It's been ages since I've had to do this, so any help would be
> gratefully accepted.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
11/20/2007 1:49:44 PM
Yes, I had missed out the Month range.  I'm still not getting it right.  Can
I email you the spreadsheet so you can have a look?

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> I don't understand your data. Don't you mean, months across the horizontal
> axis, some value against the vertical axis, and one line per person's name
> in the chart?
>
> If so, presumably the months are in another range, like G1:R1. Start the
> chart wizard, and on step 2, click on the Series tab, clear any existing
> series, then click in the Category (X Axis) Labels box, then select the
> range with months. Click Add to add a series, type a person's name in the
> Name box, then click in the Y Values box, and select a range corresponding
> to that person's values. Repeat for all series.
>
> If not, I may need more details (I'm only on my second cup of joe).
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> _______
>

> "Sheila Innes" <SheilaInnes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, I need to create a chart which has months of the year on one axis with
> > 6
> > names on the other and have to pick up a figure for G8:R8 (Tom), G16:R16
> > (Sarah), G29:R29 (Emma), G34:R34 (Lindsay, G41:R41 (Divya) and G46:R46
> > (Tayub).  It's been ages since I've had to do this, so any help would be
> > gratefully accepted.

create a roster

Several (x, y) coordinated lines on one graph
I am trying to plot for the general (x, y) coordinated dataset. For example, Series A (1, 50) (8, 90) (10, 300) (300, 500) Series B (3, 80) (400, 90) Series C (30, 80) (200, 120) and so on. The data is store on single worksheet Series Name x coordinate y coordinate A 1 50 A 8 90 A 10 300 A 300 500 B 3 80 B ...

this is a test subject line
a test I say ...

Scale tab missing on chart format button. Urgent!
I clicked on the chart format button while formatting a chart and I am required to click on the scale tab to change the number of tick-mark labels and more. I know this is done by clicking on the scale tab but I just have the patterns, font and properties. Where is it and how can I fix this fast. Please help! MM - Did you miss the axis and actually double click on the chart area? That dialog has Patterns, Font, and Properties. I think it's the only chart element with a Properties tab. Does Patterns have Border and Area sub sections? It's not the format axis dialog you've o...

Task Create - Status

chart on the report
I wanted to have a chart on my report base on my table or query. Are there any controls support this? Your help is great asppreciated, Click on the Query. choose Insert, Report. Choose Chart Wizard. If you want the report to be linked to a field in your report (eg a different sales chart for each employee) then you can make the chart a subreport, putting in the correct section of your report eg the Details section and in the Properties box of the subreport choose the Master and Child fields (the Unique field that the chart and the main report have in common - usually a primary key field) ...

Macro that inserts lines
I have this macro that inserts a line if the value in D changes and copy the value in D to A. I want this macro to only start looking in D14 or from row 14. tx for all the help Dim row_index As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False lastrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).row For row_index = lastrow - 1 To 2 Step -1 If Cells(row_index, "D").Value <> _ Cells(row_index + 1, "D").Value Then Cells(row_index + 1, "D").EntireRow.Insert _ (xlShiftDown) Cells(row_index + 1, 1).Value = Cells(row_index + ...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

Web query financial data into chart
Via a web query I import the Euro/Dollar exchange rate during e.g. 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm in a cell of an Excel sheet with a refresh rate of 1 minute. I like to plot this rate versus time over this period. How can I realize that? regards, Louis -- loconel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ loconel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33481 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=532821 You would have to use a macro to store the info on a sheet with a automatic defined name for the gra...

when form created

Creating a Brochure

how many lines per sheet in excel 2003
ave they increased the number of lines in excel 2003 or is it still 65536 Still, ever heard of 'categorizing'? Danny On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 16:04:01 -0700, Des53 <Des53@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > ave they increased the number of lines in excel 2003 or is it still 65536 -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ Hi Des, Row and column specifications are unchanged in xl2003 (65536 x 256). I have heard no suggestion that these are likely to change any time soon --- Regards, Norman "Des53" <Des53@discus...

excel should make it easier to have a 1 to 1 plot area in chart
Sometimes I would like the plot area to have a 1 to 1 ratio, so each little square of the gridlines are a square. ie, the y- axis could be 10, the x- axis could be 10, so the plot area would be square, or the y- axis could go from -10 to 10, with the same x- axis, so the plot area would have twice the y- axis than the x- axis. I think the way microsoft has this place worded is misleading, cause it says "Post your suggestion." I don't mean to put anyone off. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most ...

How to create Access macro shortcut

How do I not include empty cell value chart labels in pie charts?
I have a pie chart where some of the cell values are zero, but the chart will include all the labels. It makes the pie chart look too cluttered. How can I not include zero value or blank cell values from appearring in the labels. When I go to "tools", "options", and "chart", the "plot empty cells as" area is shaded grey and I can not select options. Hi, If it's just the data labels then try a custom number format. Here are a few examples. 0;;; 0%;;; 0.0%;;; If you want the zero items removed from the pie have a look at this. ...

Chart item reports with OUTLOOK via Excel or ?
I want to create reports for OUTLOOK items (particularly tasks). I'd like to be able to see charts that display things like the amount of time spent on tasks for various clients, the type of work done, and the dates (including time of day). I'd like to be able to look at these reports daily if possible. Is there a way that I can do this? I thought that there must be a way by exporting the items into excel then manually setting up charts but this would be time consuming to do each time. Any help is appreciated (I've spent days trying to figure this out) ...