creating chart from different sheet

Hi

Looking for the method to create chart in Excel sourcing cell from
different sheets, instead of same sheet.. I already tried hold CTrl key
but it gives the format error when i try to add series to the chart if
the data is from the two different sheets.

All the data for the values for one axis for a series on a chart must
be on a single worksheet.  So, all the x-values for a series must be on
a worksheet, just as all the y-values must be on a single worksheet.
Other than that, there are no restrictions as to the source worksheet.
So, a series could have x-values from Sheet1, and the y-values from
Sheet2.  In addition, another series on the same chart could have data
from Sheet3 (x-values) and Sheet4 (y-values).

Of course, the chart title could come from yet another sheet, etc.

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <test.vamwm@excelforum-nospam.com>, test.vamwm@excelforum-
nospam.com says...
> Hi
>
> Looking for the method to create chart in Excel sourcing cell from
> different sheets, instead of same sheet.. I already tried hold CTrl key
> but it gives the format error when i try to add series to the chart if
> the data is from the two different sheets.

create a roster

Restoring Exchange server on a different computer / hardware
I am having a major headache trying to get exhange server online on a diffrent computer / hardware. I follow this microsoft advice http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=822945&product=exch2003 The problem I ran into was that it will not mount the information storage group. The article states that I must Restore the Site Replication Service (SRS) database from the Exchange 2003 server backup. Now I am perplex, as I do not know what that is exactly. I thought, that all I had to do was restore the backup of the information store. How do I backup (SRS) and then restore it? i...

Scale tab missing on chart format button. Urgent!
I clicked on the chart format button while formatting a chart and I am required to click on the scale tab to change the number of tick-mark labels and more. I know this is done by clicking on the scale tab but I just have the patterns, font and properties. Where is it and how can I fix this fast. Please help! MM - Did you miss the axis and actually double click on the chart area? That dialog has Patterns, Font, and Properties. I think it's the only chart element with a Properties tab. Does Patterns have Border and Area sub sections? It's not the format axis dialog you've o...

Task Create - Status

chart on the report
I wanted to have a chart on my report base on my table or query. Are there any controls support this? Your help is great asppreciated, Click on the Query. choose Insert, Report. Choose Chart Wizard. If you want the report to be linked to a field in your report (eg a different sales chart for each employee) then you can make the chart a subreport, putting in the correct section of your report eg the Details section and in the Properties box of the subreport choose the Master and Child fields (the Unique field that the chart and the main report have in common - usually a primary key field) ...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

how do I copy a range to a new sheet
Now that I this group solved my problem of flagging dates of my club members as "expired", how would I automatically copy all of the members that are expired to a new worksheet so I can use this for a mail merge? I would need to check the condition of the expired column, YES or NO, then copy the yes's name and address columns only to a new page. TIA Why not just add that column and when you use mailmerge, just include the records with that flag set the way you need? If you really want to copy the rows, you could apply Data|Filter|Autofilter and filter to show just those mem...

Web query financial data into chart
Via a web query I import the Euro/Dollar exchange rate during e.g. 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm in a cell of an Excel sheet with a refresh rate of 1 minute. I like to plot this rate versus time over this period. How can I realize that? regards, Louis -- loconel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ loconel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33481 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=532821 You would have to use a macro to store the info on a sheet with a automatic defined name for the gra...

when form created

how many lines per sheet in excel 2003
ave they increased the number of lines in excel 2003 or is it still 65536 Still, ever heard of 'categorizing'? Danny On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 16:04:01 -0700, Des53 <Des53@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > ave they increased the number of lines in excel 2003 or is it still 65536 -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ Hi Des, Row and column specifications are unchanged in xl2003 (65536 x 256). I have heard no suggestion that these are likely to change any time soon --- Regards, Norman "Des53" <Des53@discus...

Creating a Brochure

Enabling Macro But Hiding Sheets
I have created a simple macro that basically when a button is clicked i takes you to a certain page in the workbook. Is it possible to hide this page for different users. But when a use with the correct password comes he can click the button and he will b taken to the hidden page. Is it posible to do something like this along those line -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It's possible, and if you search the archives: http://google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel* you'll find many ways to do this. You should know, however, that none of the methods will ...

HELP! Need Access DB to show realtime changes in different location
Hi Guys, I was wondering about how access refreshes it's data within forms and it seems that it doesn't. If i have a form open in one location on a network and update fields on the form the changes are not shown on the form opened in another location. (I.e. if 2 users are in the same form at the same time and one adds a new record the other users form will not show this change). Is there anyway that Access can be setup to show real-time changes over multiple locations? Preferably without having to do a manual refresh by clicking a button or something. All i want to do is show change...

excel should make it easier to have a 1 to 1 plot area in chart
Sometimes I would like the plot area to have a 1 to 1 ratio, so each little square of the gridlines are a square. ie, the y- axis could be 10, the x- axis could be 10, so the plot area would be square, or the y- axis could go from -10 to 10, with the same x- axis, so the plot area would have twice the y- axis than the x- axis. I think the way microsoft has this place worded is misleading, cause it says "Post your suggestion." I don't mean to put anyone off. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most ...

How to create Access macro shortcut

Multiple tables output to multiple sheets in single excel workbook
Hi all, Been a while since I've done any access dev, and I can't for the life of me remember how to do this. I have 3 tables I need to export to Excel, preferably in one workbook as separate sheets. Using OutputTo simply overwrite the file, and I seem to recall using transfertext to accomplish this, but it says the file is read-only after the first table is output. Do I need to create an export spec? If so, how do I go about this? Or is this simply not going to happen without using the Office library reference and all that jazz? TIA, SusanV Thanks Tom - I'll give it a ...

moving records from one sheet to other
Hi I have 1400 records in one sheet. i want is as a read only sheet. now i need a selection cell and a push button for each and every record. when the shared users select their name from the selection cell then click one of the push button then the appropriate record should move to the sheet which is for that particular user. i have 15 sheets for every individual.can u plz help me out. i'm very new to excel. knight Hopefully this will help you some. This code would be attached to a single button - what it does is see if the currently active cell is in the proper column (with na...

How do I not include empty cell value chart labels in pie charts?
I have a pie chart where some of the cell values are zero, but the chart will include all the labels. It makes the pie chart look too cluttered. How can I not include zero value or blank cell values from appearring in the labels. When I go to "tools", "options", and "chart", the "plot empty cells as" area is shaded grey and I can not select options. Hi, If it's just the data labels then try a custom number format. Here are a few examples. 0;;; 0%;;; 0.0%;;; If you want the zero items removed from the pie have a look at this. ...