Creating Bubble Charts

How do you create a bubble chart that displays the legend
as a description of the 3rd variable (the bubble size)?
For example, how would you create the following bubble
chart where the x-axis is column B, y-axis is column C,
bubble size is column D and legend is column A?

A1:  	 B1:Gross Rev	C1:Net Income	D1:# of Plants
A2:East	 B2:830,000 	C2:35,000 	D2:26
A3:West	 B3:620,000 	C3:54,000 	D3:13
A4:North B4:150,000 	C4:80,000 	D4:40
A5:South B5:41,000 	C5:15,000 	D5:35

Any insight will be helpful!
0
anonymous (74718)

Hi Tina
I would create a bubble chart and use one of the following tools for
labelling the bubble:
http://www.appspro.com/utilities/Labeler.asp
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/charttools.htm

Frank

tina wrote:
> How do you create a bubble chart that displays the legend
> as a description of the 3rd variable (the bubble size)?
> For example, how would you create the following bubble
> chart where the x-axis is column B, y-axis is column C,
> bubble size is column D and legend is column A?
>
> A1:  B1:Gross Rev C1:Net Income D1:# of Plants
> A2:East B2:830,000 C2:35,000 D2:26
> A3:West B3:620,000 C3:54,000 D3:13
> A4:North B4:150,000 C4:80,000 D4:40
> A5:South B5:41,000 C5:15,000 D5:35
>
> Any insight will be helpful!

0
frank.kabel (11126)

create a roster

Scale tab missing on chart format button. Urgent!
I clicked on the chart format button while formatting a chart and I am required to click on the scale tab to change the number of tick-mark labels and more. I know this is done by clicking on the scale tab but I just have the patterns, font and properties. Where is it and how can I fix this fast. Please help! MM - Did you miss the axis and actually double click on the chart area? That dialog has Patterns, Font, and Properties. I think it's the only chart element with a Properties tab. Does Patterns have Border and Area sub sections? It's not the format axis dialog you've o...

Task Create - Status

chart on the report
I wanted to have a chart on my report base on my table or query. Are there any controls support this? Your help is great asppreciated, Click on the Query. choose Insert, Report. Choose Chart Wizard. If you want the report to be linked to a field in your report (eg a different sales chart for each employee) then you can make the chart a subreport, putting in the correct section of your report eg the Details section and in the Properties box of the subreport choose the Master and Child fields (the Unique field that the chart and the main report have in common - usually a primary key field) ...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

Web query financial data into chart
Via a web query I import the Euro/Dollar exchange rate during e.g. 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm in a cell of an Excel sheet with a refresh rate of 1 minute. I like to plot this rate versus time over this period. How can I realize that? regards, Louis -- loconel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ loconel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33481 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=532821 You would have to use a macro to store the info on a sheet with a automatic defined name for the gra...

when form created

Creating a Brochure

excel should make it easier to have a 1 to 1 plot area in chart
Sometimes I would like the plot area to have a 1 to 1 ratio, so each little square of the gridlines are a square. ie, the y- axis could be 10, the x- axis could be 10, so the plot area would be square, or the y- axis could go from -10 to 10, with the same x- axis, so the plot area would have twice the y- axis than the x- axis. I think the way microsoft has this place worded is misleading, cause it says "Post your suggestion." I don't mean to put anyone off. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most ...

How to create Access macro shortcut

How do I not include empty cell value chart labels in pie charts?
I have a pie chart where some of the cell values are zero, but the chart will include all the labels. It makes the pie chart look too cluttered. How can I not include zero value or blank cell values from appearring in the labels. When I go to "tools", "options", and "chart", the "plot empty cells as" area is shaded grey and I can not select options. Hi, If it's just the data labels then try a custom number format. Here are a few examples. 0;;; 0%;;; 0.0%;;; If you want the zero items removed from the pie have a look at this. ...

Chart item reports with OUTLOOK via Excel or ?
I want to create reports for OUTLOOK items (particularly tasks). I'd like to be able to see charts that display things like the amount of time spent on tasks for various clients, the type of work done, and the dates (including time of day). I'd like to be able to look at these reports daily if possible. Is there a way that I can do this? I thought that there must be a way by exporting the items into excel then manually setting up charts but this would be time consuming to do each time. Any help is appreciated (I've spent days trying to figure this out) ...

Creating an ad book

Access unable to create an MDE

Bar chart, bar sizing
I have made a bar chart that has several bars on it. How do I increase the size of the bars on the chart...I need to make them wider so they are more visible both on the screen and when printed. ...

Pivot Chart
I have to make a pivot chart, but i want to set fixed fill color for every series (and them to stay tha same when i and or filter some data in the pivot chart) Any ideas? Thks -- Nacho Chivil´┐Ż _______________________________________________________________________ mail: ichivilo@alu.itba.edu.ar msn: nachochivilo@hotmail.com Tel. (54-11) 4792-8757 .. Loss of formatting is a known problem with pivot charts. There's information in the following MSKB article, suggests recording a macro as you apply the formatting: XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting ht...

create a database from which bibliography an be created
How do I create a database from which a bibliography can be added to the end of a Word document? I used the program RefManager, but that is too expensive for me to update. Does Word 2003 have such a program? Thanks Not natively. Have you checked your academic institution? They might have campus licenses which students can use at home. You could give Zotero a spin (www.zotero.org). Personally, I don't like it, but that's just me. Word 2007 comes with referencing capabilities, but they are limited in functionality. Anything special you want, you would have to add i...