Creating a line graph from 2 pivot tables?

Hello,

I have two pivot tables, one contains information RECEIVED in a week for a
country and the other contains information ACTIVATED in a week for a country.

The countries and time range are the same for both.

Within the line graph I would like to show, how many things were RECEIVED
and ACTIVATED for that country in that week?
I am able to show either the country or the time range but not both.

How can I show both? Is this possible?
0
gmodi (2)

Try using the multiple consolidation ranges in the pivot table options. You
should be able to bring both tables into one and then chart it from there

Best of Luck
Dan

"gmodi" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have two pivot tables, one contains information RECEIVED in a week for a
> country and the other contains information ACTIVATED in a week for a country.
>

> The countries and time range are the same for both.
>
> Within the line graph I would like to show, how many things were RECEIVED
> and ACTIVATED for that country in that week?
> I am able to show either the country or the time range but not both.
>
> How can I show both? Is this possible?
Post your email address and I'll send you a sample WS

"cs02000 - Dan" wrote:

> Try using the multiple consolidation ranges in the pivot table options. You
> should be able to bring both tables into one and then chart it from there
>
> Best of Luck
> Dan
>

> "gmodi" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have two pivot tables, one contains information RECEIVED in a week for a
> > country and the other contains information ACTIVATED in a week for a country.
> >

> > The countries and time range are the same for both.
> >
> > Within the line graph I would like to show, how many things were RECEIVED
> > and ACTIVATED for that country in that week?
> > I am able to show either the country or the time range but not both.
> >
> > How can I show both? Is this possible?
Hello,
Thank you for replying.  I'll try your suggestion.

Here's is my email address, gmodi@wes.org.

"cs02000 - Dan" wrote:

> Post your email address and I'll send you a sample WS
>

> "cs02000 - Dan" wrote:
>
> > Try using the multiple consolidation ranges in the pivot table options. You
> > should be able to bring both tables into one and then chart it from there
> >
> > Best of Luck
> > Dan
> >

> > "gmodi" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I have two pivot tables, one contains information RECEIVED in a week for a
> > > country and the other contains information ACTIVATED in a week for a country.
> > >

> > > The countries and time range are the same for both.
> > >
> > > Within the line graph I would like to show, how many things were RECEIVED
> > > and ACTIVATED for that country in that week?
> > > I am able to show either the country or the time range but not both.
> > >
> > > How can I show both? Is this possible?
0
gmodi (2)

graphics in Publisher #2
When viewing my document in Print Preview, only graphics appear. Does the document print in toto? Have you gone to the manufacturer's web site of your printer model and looked around for an updated driver? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "cmeeker" <cmeeker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1EF4D42-295C-4BCF-A7D9-97362174FECF@microsoft.com... > When viewing my document in Print Preview, only graphics appear. Yes, the document does print. No, I haven't gone to the printer...

create a roster

Several (x, y) coordinated lines on one graph
I am trying to plot for the general (x, y) coordinated dataset. For example, Series A (1, 50) (8, 90) (10, 300) (300, 500) Series B (3, 80) (400, 90) Series C (30, 80) (200, 120) and so on. The data is store on single worksheet Series Name x coordinate y coordinate A 1 50 A 8 90 A 10 300 A 300 500 B 3 80 B ...

Compile Error #2
I am currently using Excel 2002. I was given a file, apparently created in Excel 2003. When I try to access the file I get the following message: Compile error: Can't find project or library The developer believes this error is coming up because 2002 doesn't have the same "libraries" as 2003 and that I need to upgrade to 2003. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help. Does the file you have been given contain VBA code? If so, then it would seem that the original creator has 'referenced' another project or library in it. To explain, when this sheet has been create...

this is a test subject line
a test I say ...

Task Create - Status

footer in excel #2
What is the easiest way to make a footer in excel that will print ON EVERY PAGE? EXCEL 2000 Page Setup Header/Footer Put your entry in Footer "LED1" <LED1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D226F524-7267-48D9-98AE-A1C768B6921E@microsoft.com... : What is the easiest way to make a footer in excel that will print ON EVERY : PAGE? EXCEL 2000 ...

Bug with cell merging in tables using Applescript

Stuck in outbox #2
whenever i send an email outside of outlook (whether it be from internet explorer or forwarding an email from an open folder) the email does not send automatically, it just sits in outlook outbox. i always have to physically open up outlook to release the email. this is very anoying and never happened with outlook express. before, it just sent automatically. thanks ...

Data Tables
Has anyone ever had a problem where a data table is producing incorrect values? I have a (two dimensional) table which is producing unexpected values. When I try to replicate these values through manually changing the inputs (and changing nothing else) I get a different result to that produced by the data tables. Just to check I'm not going completely mad, I've had a colleague confirm the symptoms. Any suggestions gratefully received before I head into investigating for corruptions etc Mike The only time I've ever had a problem with charting is when I had merged c...

Drop Down Menu #2
In Word I'm able to attach a calendar as a drop down menu...then a person who clicks on that drop down menu will see the calendar and then can click a date which will be seen in the cell. Would you like to something similar in Excel? See Ron de Bruin's site for instructions on using a Calendar Control on a worksheet. http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Also note the section for calling the calendar from a Toolbar button. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 5 May 2009 14:24:15 -0700, Marlas <Marlas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Word I'm able to attach a c...

Macro that inserts lines
I have this macro that inserts a line if the value in D changes and copy the value in D to A. I want this macro to only start looking in D14 or from row 14. tx for all the help Dim row_index As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False lastrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).row For row_index = lastrow - 1 To 2 Step -1 If Cells(row_index, "D").Value <> _ Cells(row_index + 1, "D").Value Then Cells(row_index + 1, "D").EntireRow.Insert _ (xlShiftDown) Cells(row_index + 1, 1).Value = Cells(row_index + ...

Decimal Places #2
I am trying to use the following formula to display a text version of a number: =TEXT(cell,"#.#") To show numbers in a 0.0 format. However, when I get to one figure 20.0 - it displays it as 20. rather than as 20.0 (which is how I would like it to be displayed). Does anyone know how to display the information in this format?? Try this: =TEXT(cell,"0.0") Hope this helps. Pete On Jul 25, 9:50 am, BoRed79 <BoRe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to use the following formula to display a text version of a number: > > =TEXT(cell,"#....

tabls in GP90 database
Does anyone know or have a description or documenation on the tables in the database for GP90? Maybe all I need is the important ones. thanks Within the program itself, Tools > Resource Descriptions Also, there are ERD's on the distribution CD's that you got when you purchased or upgraded the system - you have to install the SDK to get at them. -- Lyle U Adam Clark wrote: > Does anyone know or have a description or documenation on the tables > in the database for GP90? Maybe all I need is the important ones. > > thanks ...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

when form created

Creating a Brochure

UDF #2
hi Can someone explain me about UDF & its use? Thanks in advance A UDF is a user defined function. You can create a UDF and use it in a formula in a worksheet in the same way as a built-in function. You would create one to do something the built-in functions do not do, such as a look left VLOOKUP, or when you want to simplify a complex formula. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Ankur" <Ankur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB8738FE-AF09-4ADD-A180-7B6A7C98EC8B@microsoft.com... > hi > > Can someone explain...

how many lines per sheet in excel 2003
ave they increased the number of lines in excel 2003 or is it still 65536 Still, ever heard of 'categorizing'? Danny On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 16:04:01 -0700, Des53 <Des53@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > ave they increased the number of lines in excel 2003 or is it still 65536 -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ Hi Des, Row and column specifications are unchanged in xl2003 (65536 x 256). I have heard no suggestion that these are likely to change any time soon --- Regards, Norman "Des53" <Des53@discus...