creating a directed graph from XY scatter

Would like to use XL to create a connected graph ( finance calls it a
binomial lattice). X axis iis the time period t=1,2,3,...T, Y is  value.

XY scatter plots points OK. Need to connect points (nodes)--each node except
for t=T has two lines coming out of it.
A 3-peiod example is shown below. Eventually need to generalilze.

Data is
reference T Value
NOde 1... 0 100
NODE 2... 1 110
NODE 3... 1  90
NODE 4... 2 121
NODE 5... 2 100
NODE 6... 2  81

FOR NOW:
want  a line to connect NODE 1 to NODE 2
want  a line to connect NODE 1 to NODE 3
want  a line to connect NODE 2 to NODE 4
want  a line to connect NODE 2 to NODE 5
want  a line to connect NODE 3 to NODE 5
want  a line to connect NODE 3 to NODE 6

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Luke

I suspect you'll need to have a different data series for each line.   How
do you determine which nodes are connected to one another?

"Luke Spar UTAFortWorth" <Luke Spar UTAFortWorth@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:ED455DD7-FD11-443B-8FE4-18851AD3B2D3@microsoft.com...
> Would like to use XL to create a connected graph ( finance calls it a
> binomial lattice). X axis iis the time period t=1,2,3,...T, Y is  value.
>
> XY scatter plots points OK. Need to connect points (nodes)--each node
except
> for t=T has two lines coming out of it.
> A 3-peiod example is shown below. Eventually need to generalilze.
>
> Data is
> reference T Value
> NOde 1... 0 100
> NODE 2... 1 110
> NODE 3... 1  90
> NODE 4... 2 121
> NODE 5... 2 100
> NODE 6... 2  81
>
> FOR NOW:
> want  a line to connect NODE 1 to NODE 2
> want  a line to connect NODE 1 to NODE 3
> want  a line to connect NODE 2 to NODE 4
> want  a line to connect NODE 2 to NODE 5
> want  a line to connect NODE 3 to NODE 5
> want  a line to connect NODE 3 to NODE 6
>
> Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Luke

0
breinhardt (272)
1/18/2005 6:52:59 PM
In the simpest case:

1)All nodes are governed by analytics that specify the value of an "up move"
and the tha value of a "down move".... for example
UP = 1.1
Down = 0.909

2) In all cases the starting value is given

3) 100 * (Up=1.10) gives 110
    100* (Down = 0.909) give `90
    110 * (Up = 1.10) gives 121 ( note 100 * UP*UP = 121)
    110*(Down =0.909) gives ~100
      90* (UP=1.1) gives ~ 100
      90* (DOWN = 0.909) gives ~ 81

The example above is refereed to as "Recombining" since 100*UP*DOWN yield 100.

The UP and Down parameters can vary, by period, in more complex situations.
Thus the tree is "not recombining"

Luke

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

> I suspect you'll need to have a different data series for each line.   How
> do you determine which nodes are connected to one another?
>
> "Luke Spar UTAFortWorth" <Luke Spar UTAFortWorth@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message news:ED455DD7-FD11-443B-8FE4-18851AD3B2D3@microsoft.com...
> > Would like to use XL to create a connected graph ( finance calls it a
> > binomial lattice). X axis iis the time period t=1,2,3,...T, Y is  value.
> >
> > XY scatter plots points OK. Need to connect points (nodes)--each node
> except
> > for t=T has two lines coming out of it.
> > A 3-peiod example is shown below. Eventually need to generalilze.
> >
> > Data is
> > reference T Value
> > NOde 1... 0 100
> > NODE 2... 1 110
> > NODE 3... 1  90
> > NODE 4... 2 121
> > NODE 5... 2 100
> > NODE 6... 2  81
> >
> > FOR NOW:
> > want  a line to connect NODE 1 to NODE 2
> > want  a line to connect NODE 1 to NODE 3
> > want  a line to connect NODE 2 to NODE 4
> > want  a line to connect NODE 2 to NODE 5
> > want  a line to connect NODE 3 to NODE 5
> > want  a line to connect NODE 3 to NODE 6
> >
> > Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Luke

You could probably write an algorithm in VBA that would generate the nodal
coordinates, then dump them into cell positions which will produce the appropriate
line segments. You could even have a pair of columns like this, with skipped lines,
to build the lattice from a single series.

0    100
1    110

0    100
1     90

1    110
2    121

1    110
2    100

1     90
2    100

1     90
2     81

etc. Select the range, blank rows included, and draw an XY Scatter chart

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Luke Spar UTAFortWorth wrote:

> In the simpest case:
>
> 1)All nodes are governed by analytics that specify the value of an "up move"
> and the tha value of a "down move".... for example
> UP = 1.1
> Down = 0.909
>
> 2) In all cases the starting value is given
>
> 3) 100 * (Up=1.10) gives 110
>     100* (Down = 0.909) give `90
>     110 * (Up = 1.10) gives 121 ( note 100 * UP*UP = 121)
>     110*(Down =0.909) gives ~100
>       90* (UP=1.1) gives ~ 100
>       90* (DOWN = 0.909) gives ~ 81
>
> The example above is refereed to as "Recombining" since 100*UP*DOWN yield 100.
>

> The UP and Down parameters can vary, by period, in more complex situations.
> Thus the tree is "not recombining"
>
> Luke
>
> "Barb Reinhardt" wrote:
>

>>I suspect you'll need to have a different data series for each line.   How
>>do you determine which nodes are connected to one another?
>>
>>"Luke Spar UTAFortWorth" <Luke Spar UTAFortWorth@discussions.microsoft.com>
>>wrote in message news:ED455DD7-FD11-443B-8FE4-18851AD3B2D3@microsoft.com...
>>
>>>Would like to use XL to create a connected graph ( finance calls it a
>>>binomial lattice). X axis iis the time period t=1,2,3,...T, Y is  value.
>>>
>>>XY scatter plots points OK. Need to connect points (nodes)--each node
>>
>>except
>>
>>>for t=T has two lines coming out of it.
>>>A 3-peiod example is shown below. Eventually need to generalilze.
>>>
>>>Data is
>>>reference T Value
>>>NOde 1... 0 100
>>>NODE 2... 1 110
>>>NODE 3... 1  90
>>>NODE 4... 2 121
>>>NODE 5... 2 100
>>>NODE 6... 2  81
>>>
>>>FOR NOW:
>>>want  a line to connect NODE 1 to NODE 2
>>>want  a line to connect NODE 1 to NODE 3
>>>want  a line to connect NODE 2 to NODE 4
>>>want  a line to connect NODE 2 to NODE 5
>>>want  a line to connect NODE 3 to NODE 5
>>>want  a line to connect NODE 3 to NODE 6
>>>
>>>Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>>>
>>>Luke

I can sure try the second suggestion.

I like the VBA suggestion a lot. But if the nodal cooridnates are in
"points" then I am stumped---I do not know how to find them. The idea of
"points" versus "XY coordinates " has me crazy".

Thanks a lot, I will try the suggestion tomorrow.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> You could probably write an algorithm in VBA that would generate the nodal
> coordinates, then dump them into cell positions which will produce the appropriate
> line segments. You could even have a pair of columns like this, with skipped lines,
> to build the lattice from a single series.
>
> 0    100
> 1    110
>
> 0    100
> 1     90
>
> 1    110
> 2    121
>
> 1    110
> 2    100
>
> 1     90
> 2    100
>
> 1     90
> 2     81
>
> etc. Select the range, blank rows included, and draw an XY Scatter chart
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> http://PeltierTech.com/
> _______
>

> Luke Spar UTAFortWorth wrote:
>
> > In the simpest case:
> >
> > 1)All nodes are governed by analytics that specify the value of an "up move"
> > and the tha value of a "down move".... for example
> > UP = 1.1
> > Down = 0.909
> >
> > 2) In all cases the starting value is given
> >
> > 3) 100 * (Up=1.10) gives 110
> >     100* (Down = 0.909) give `90
> >     110 * (Up = 1.10) gives 121 ( note 100 * UP*UP = 121)
> >     110*(Down =0.909) gives ~100
> >       90* (UP=1.1) gives ~ 100
> >       90* (DOWN = 0.909) gives ~ 81
> >
> > The example above is refereed to as "Recombining" since 100*UP*DOWN yield 100.
> >

> > The UP and Down parameters can vary, by period, in more complex situations.
> > Thus the tree is "not recombining"
> >
> > Luke
> >
> > "Barb Reinhardt" wrote:
> >

> >>I suspect you'll need to have a different data series for each line.   How
> >>do you determine which nodes are connected to one another?

> >>except

The 'nodal coordinates' would use the same frame of reference as the
original data.  One possible algorithm would take the original data and
rewrite them in the format suggested by Jon so that a single series
would do the job.

Another algorithm would be to rewrite the data to be the eqivalent of a
depth-first search (to borrow a term from Computer Science).  The
result would be:
0	100
1	110
2	121
1	110
2	100
1	110
0	100
1	90
2	100
1	90
2	81

Use the above for a single series XY Scatter chart with connecting
lines.

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <01B4FE0E-6905-47F8-AE01-DD612619562D@microsoft.com>, "=?
Utf-8?B?THVrZSBTcGFyIFVUQUZvcnRXb3J0aA==?=" <Luke Spar UTAFortWorth
@discussions.microsoft.com> says...
> I can sure try the second suggestion.
>
> I like the VBA suggestion a lot. But if the nodal cooridnates are in
> "points" then I am stumped---I do not know how to find them. The idea of
> "points" versus "XY coordinates " has me crazy".
>
> Thanks a lot, I will try the suggestion tomorrow.
>

> "Jon Peltier" wrote:
>
> > You could probably write an algorithm in VBA that would generate the nodal
> > coordinates, then dump them into cell positions which will produce the appropriate
> > line segments. You could even have a pair of columns like this, with skipped lines,
> > to build the lattice from a single series.
> >
> > 0    100
> > 1    110
> >
> > 0    100
> > 1     90
> >
> > 1    110
> > 2    121
> >
> > 1    110
> > 2    100
> >
> > 1     90
> > 2    100
> >
> > 1     90
> > 2     81
> >
> > etc. Select the range, blank rows included, and draw an XY Scatter chart
> >
> > - Jon
> > -------
> > Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> > Peltier Technical Services
> > Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> > http://PeltierTech.com/
> > _______
> >

> > Luke Spar UTAFortWorth wrote:
> >
> > > In the simpest case:
> > >
> > > 1)All nodes are governed by analytics that specify the value of an "up move"
> > > and the tha value of a "down move".... for example
> > > UP = 1.1
> > > Down = 0.909
> > >
> > > 2) In all cases the starting value is given
> > >
> > > 3) 100 * (Up=1.10) gives 110
> > >     100* (Down = 0.909) give `90
> > >     110 * (Up = 1.10) gives 121 ( note 100 * UP*UP = 121)
> > >     110*(Down =0.909) gives ~100
> > >       90* (UP=1.1) gives ~ 100
> > >       90* (DOWN = 0.909) gives ~ 81
> > >
> > > The example above is refereed to as "Recombining" since 100*UP*DOWN yield 100.
> > >

> > > The UP and Down parameters can vary, by period, in more complex situations.
> > > Thus the tree is "not recombining"
> > >
> > > Luke

Thanks

I will try this ASAp.

My application of John's approach resulted in a correct scatter plot BUT
when I selected a "line chart" the chart repeated the "X" axis -- each pair
of nodes was connected but BUT the x-axis was  " 01  01  12  12  12  12" so
the nodal pairs never connected.

Luke
"Tushar Mehta" wrote:

> The 'nodal coordinates' would use the same frame of reference as the
> original data.  One possible algorithm would take the original data and
> rewrite them in the format suggested by Jon so that a single series
> would do the job.
>
> Another algorithm would be to rewrite the data to be the eqivalent of a
> depth-first search (to borrow a term from Computer Science).  The
> result would be:
> 0	100
> 1	110
> 2	121
> 1	110
> 2	100
> 1	110
> 0	100
> 1	90
> 2	100
> 1	90
> 2	81
>
> Use the above for a single series XY Scatter chart with connecting
> lines.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Tushar Mehta
> www.tushar-mehta.com
> Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials
> Custom MS Office productivity solutions
>
> In article <01B4FE0E-6905-47F8-AE01-DD612619562D@microsoft.com>, "=?
> Utf-8?B?THVrZSBTcGFyIFVUQUZvcnRXb3J0aA==?=" <Luke Spar UTAFortWorth
> @discussions.microsoft.com> says...
> > I can sure try the second suggestion.
> >
> > I like the VBA suggestion a lot. But if the nodal cooridnates are in
> > "points" then I am stumped---I do not know how to find them. The idea of
> > "points" versus "XY coordinates " has me crazy".
> >
> > Thanks a lot, I will try the suggestion tomorrow.
> >

> > "Jon Peltier" wrote:
> >
> > > You could probably write an algorithm in VBA that would generate the nodal
> > > coordinates, then dump them into cell positions which will produce the appropriate
> > > line segments. You could even have a pair of columns like this, with skipped lines,
> > > to build the lattice from a single series.
> > >
> > > 0    100
> > > 1    110
> > >
> > > 0    100
> > > 1     90
> > >
> > > 1    110
> > > 2    121
> > >
> > > 1    110
> > > 2    100
> > >
> > > 1     90
> > > 2    100
> > >
> > > 1     90
> > > 2     81
> > >
> > > etc. Select the range, blank rows included, and draw an XY Scatter chart
> > >
> > > - Jon
> > > -------
> > > Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> > > Peltier Technical Services
> > > Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> > > http://PeltierTech.com/
> > > _______

John

Your approach created a perfect XY scatter using a single series... I
selected "line" and obtained a good pairwise line each pair of nodes were
connected. However the X axis repeated -- my axis :  01  01  12 12 12 12

As a resuly my nodes, pairwise connected, were not connected --oould look a
christmas tree on its side.

                              *121
                           /
                   110 *
                     /     \
            100 *          * 100
                      \    /
                    90  *
                           \
                             * 81

Thanks

Luke

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> You could probably write an algorithm in VBA that would generate the nodal
> coordinates, then dump them into cell positions which will produce the appropriate
> line segments. You could even have a pair of columns like this, with skipped lines,
> to build the lattice from a single series.
>
> 0    100
> 1    110
>
> 0    100
> 1     90
>
> 1    110
> 2    121
>
> 1    110
> 2    100
>
> 1     90
> 2    100
>
> 1     90
> 2     81
>
> etc. Select the range, blank rows included, and draw an XY Scatter chart
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> http://PeltierTech.com/
> _______
>

> Luke Spar UTAFortWorth wrote:
>
> > In the simpest case:
> >
> > 1)All nodes are governed by analytics that specify the value of an "up move"
> > and the tha value of a "down move".... for example
> > UP = 1.1
> > Down = 0.909
> >
> > 2) In all cases the starting value is given
> >
> > 3) 100 * (Up=1.10) gives 110
> >     100* (Down = 0.909) give `90
> >     110 * (Up = 1.10) gives 121 ( note 100 * UP*UP = 121)
> >     110*(Down =0.909) gives ~100
> >       90* (UP=1.1) gives ~ 100
> >       90* (DOWN = 0.909) gives ~ 81
> >
> > The example above is refereed to as "Recombining" since 100*UP*DOWN yield 100.
> >

> > The UP and Down parameters can vary, by period, in more complex situations.
> > Thus the tree is "not recombining"
> >
> > Luke
> >
> > "Barb Reinhardt" wrote:
> >

> >>I suspect you'll need to have a different data series for each line.   How
> >>do you determine which nodes are connected to one another?

> >>except

Luke -

No, you must create a Scatter chart, with the 'lines and no markers' sub type. This
looks like a line chart but behaves like a scatter chart.

So many people have trouble with line and scatter charts. I've written some web
pages which might help clarify the differences:

   Scatter Chart or Line Chart?
   http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=190

   X Axis: Category or Value?
   http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CatVsValueAxis.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Luke Spar UTAFortWorth wrote:

> Thanks
>
> I will try this ASAp.
>
> My application of John's approach resulted in a correct scatter plot BUT
> when I selected a "line chart" the chart repeated the "X" axis -- each pair
> of nodes was connected but BUT the x-axis was  " 01  01  12  12  12  12" so
> the nodal pairs never connected.
>

> Luke
> "Tushar Mehta" wrote:
>

>>The 'nodal coordinates' would use the same frame of reference as the
>>original data.  One possible algorithm would take the original data and
>>rewrite them in the format suggested by Jon so that a single series
>>would do the job.
>>
>>Another algorithm would be to rewrite the data to be the eqivalent of a
>>depth-first search (to borrow a term from Computer Science).  The
>>result would be:
>>0	100
>>1	110
>>2	121
>>1	110
>>2	100
>>1	110
>>0	100
>>1	90
>>2	100
>>1	90
>>2	81
>>
>>Use the above for a single series XY Scatter chart with connecting
>>lines.
>>
>>--
>>Regards,
>>
>>Tushar Mehta
>>www.tushar-mehta.com
>>Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials
>>Custom MS Office productivity solutions
>>
>>In article <01B4FE0E-6905-47F8-AE01-DD612619562D@microsoft.com>, "=?
>>Utf-8?B?THVrZSBTcGFyIFVUQUZvcnRXb3J0aA==?=" <Luke Spar UTAFortWorth
>>@discussions.microsoft.com> says...
>>
>>>I can sure try the second suggestion.
>>>
>>>I like the VBA suggestion a lot. But if the nodal cooridnates are in
>>>"points" then I am stumped---I do not know how to find them. The idea of
>>>"points" versus "XY coordinates " has me crazy".
>>>
>>>Thanks a lot, I will try the suggestion tomorrow.

Luke -

Yes, see my answer to your other post. You need a scatter type series, with the
> [...]

>>Peltier Technical Services
>>Tutorials and Custom Solutions
>>http://PeltierTech.com/
>>_______
>>

>>Luke Spar UTAFortWorth wrote:
>>

>>>In the simpest case:
>>>
>>>1)All nodes are governed by analytics that specify the value of an "up move"
>>>and the tha value of a "down move".... for example
>>>UP = 1.1
>>>Down = 0.909
>>>
>>>2) In all cases the starting value is given
>>>
>>>3) 100 * (Up=1.10) gives 110
>>>    100* (Down = 0.909) give `90
>>>    110 * (Up = 1.10) gives 121 ( note 100 * UP*UP = 121)
>>>    110*(Down =0.909) gives ~100
>>>      90* (UP=1.1) gives ~ 100
>>>      90* (DOWN = 0.909) gives ~ 81
>>>
>>>The example above is refereed to as "Recombining" since 100*UP*DOWN yield 100.
>>>

>>>The UP and Down parameters can vary, by period, in more complex situations.

Thanks -- I now have a binomial lattice that connects nodes with lines and
looks like an christmas tree on its side.

I will look at your tutorial. MAybe if you get a chance you can desribe the
value of the "blanks" in the data series. If it is in your tutorials then
don't bother.

Luke

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> Luke -
>
> Yes, see my answer to your other post. You need a scatter type series, with the
> lines and no markers subtype.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> http://PeltierTech.com/
> _______
>
> Luke Spar UTAFortWorth wrote:
>
> > John
> >
> > Your approach created a perfect XY scatter using a single series... I
> > selected "line" and obtained a good pairwise line each pair of nodes were
> > connected. However the X axis repeated -- my axis :  01  01  12 12 12 12
> >
> > As a resuly my nodes, pairwise connected, were not connected --oould look a
> > christmas tree on its side.
> >
> >                               *121
> >                            /
> >                    110 *
> >                      /     \
> >             100 *          * 100
> >                       \    /
> >                     90  *
> >                            \
> >                              * 81
> >

> > Thanks
> >
> > Luke
> >

> > "Jon Peltier" wrote:
> >

> >>You could probably write an algorithm in VBA that would generate the nodal
> >>coordinates, then dump them into cell positions which will produce the appropriate
> >>line segments. You could even have a pair of columns like this, with skipped lines,
> >>to build the lattice from a single series.
> >>
> >>0    100
> >>1    110
> >>
> >>0    100
> >>1     90
> >>
> >>1    110
> >>2    121
> >>
> >>1    110
> >>2    100
> >>
> >>1     90
> >>2    100
> >>
> >>1     90
> >>2     81
> >>
> >>etc. Select the range, blank rows included, and draw an XY Scatter chart
> >>
> >>- Jon
> >>-------
> >>Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> >>Peltier Technical Services
> >>Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> >>http://PeltierTech.com/
> >>_______

Luke -

The blanks are simply there to provide a gap in the connecting lines. If
the lines appeared, they would zigzag back across your lattice.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Luke Spar UTAFortWorth wrote:

> Thanks -- I now have a binomial lattice that connects nodes with lines and
> looks like an christmas tree on its side.
>
> I will look at your tutorial. MAybe if you get a chance you can desribe the
> value of the "blanks" in the data series. If it is in your tutorials then
> don't bother.
>
> Luke
>
> "Jon Peltier" wrote:
>

>>Luke -
>>
>>Yes, see my answer to your other post. You need a scatter type series, with the
>>lines and no markers subtype.
>>
>>- Jon
>>-------
>>Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
>>Peltier Technical Services
>>Tutorials and Custom Solutions
>>http://PeltierTech.com/
>>_______
>>
>>Luke Spar UTAFortWorth wrote:
>>

>>>John
>>>
>>>Your approach created a perfect XY scatter using a single series... I
>>>selected "line" and obtained a good pairwise line each pair of nodes were
>>>connected. However the X axis repeated -- my axis :  01  01  12 12 12 12
>>>
>>>As a resuly my nodes, pairwise connected, were not connected --oould look a
>>>christmas tree on its side.
>>>
>>>                              *121
>>>                           /
>>>                   110 *
>>>                     /     \
>>>            100 *          * 100
>>>                      \    /
>>>                    90  *
>>>                           \
>>>                             * 81
>>>

>>>Thanks
>>>
>>>Luke

create a roster

Several (x, y) coordinated lines on one graph
I am trying to plot for the general (x, y) coordinated dataset. For example, Series A (1, 50) (8, 90) (10, 300) (300, 500) Series B (3, 80) (400, 90) Series C (30, 80) (200, 120) and so on. The data is store on single worksheet Series Name x coordinate y coordinate A 1 50 A 8 90 A 10 300 A 300 500 B 3 80 B ...

Task Create - Status

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

when form created

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut

Creating an ad book

What is the Cell address of a Graphed point?
Is there a way to cover or click on a point on a graph and be informed of the cell location(s) the data is coming from? (Of course I can go to source data to see the range and then go find that value, but I'm looking for a better way). To be clear, I'm not looking for the range, I'm looking for the specific cell or cells that make up the value my mounse is pointing to. Thanks! Hi, Not an easy thing to do. Firstly you need to capture the event of the point being selected. So for that see Jon Peltier's article http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221 He al...

Access unable to create an MDE

create a database from which bibliography an be created
How do I create a database from which a bibliography can be added to the end of a Word document? I used the program RefManager, but that is too expensive for me to update. Does Word 2003 have such a program? Thanks Not natively. Have you checked your academic institution? They might have campus licenses which students can use at home. You could give Zotero a spin (www.zotero.org). Personally, I don't like it, but that's just me. Word 2007 comes with referencing capabilities, but they are limited in functionality. Anything special you want, you would have to add i...

Error creating activities from Cases
Hi I have an out of the box SBS 2003 CRM Setup I have installed Rollup1 and the new help files Under about MS CRM it has CRM 3.0 (3.0.5300.0) When we try and create activies from within a case, we get the following to errors in the event log We can create the activities just fromthe main web client menu ok The same thing happens in the outlook client (OL 2003, Exchange 2003) I found some links to verabose stuff, but they all applied to the have MS CRM setup on multiple server. We have tried it with and without Outlook open Anyhelp appreciated Event Type: Error Event Source: MSC...

Create multiple owner fields?
Is it possibel to create multiple owner fields in a form. We need to track the users who is working with an account. I know only own owner field is supported, but is it poosible to have one owner field and custom fields using the lookup dialog to map more users? // Mats Have you looked at creating a custom entity. Then have a Many to One relationship to user and a Many to One relationship to Account. "Langer" wrote: > > > Is it possibel to create multiple owner fields in a form. We need to > track the users who is working with an account. I know only own o...

create macro
Hi, How can I create a TWO seperate macros in a spreadsheet in Excel: there are icons/pictures which have a macro attached to it. How do I attach the macro? macro 1: to move to a different cell address like B158. macro 2: to print a certain range of cells. (say A158:G200) Thank u in advance Khalil One way: Put something like these in a regular code module: Public Sub MoveMacro() Application.GoTo .Range("B158"), Scroll:=True End Sub Public Sub PrintCertainRange() With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.PrintArea = "A158:G200" ...

Creating a duplicate worksheet
I have a spreadsheet which i wish to give access to other users. But I want this to be a master spreadsheet ,and create access to a constantly updated duplicate worksheet. This will enable other users the ability to ammend or adapt a duplicate sheet that will not affect the master. Can this be done? -- Thanks Paul Keep the master and distribute copies. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "Paul" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet which i wish to give access to other users. > But I want this to be a master spreadsheet ,and create access to a &g...

problem creating child for newly created entity
Referring to the code below. if I comment out everything after the first call to create, a project is quite happily created in CRM 4.0. If I create an application, and associate it with an EXISTING project by hard-coding the GUID, it works well (but this is not what I want!) When I try to create the application, associated with the project I just created, it times out. if I put a messagebox right after the first create method, I can view the ProjectGUID of the project that was supposedly created but it times out trying to create the application, and when I look, the project was not actuall...

Creating a Sum Column on a Table
I am trying to create a table that has 4 columns. The first three fields are test scores and the last is a column that I wish to have automatically sum the first three numbers. How does one accomplish this? Hi Pete Create a new query based on the table. In a blance column add something like this Result: Nz([TableName]![Field1],0)+Nz([TableName]![Field2],0)+Nz([TableName]![Field3],0) Change the TableName and field names to what they really are. The Nz function will replace a null with a 0 (which you need just in case any other fields are empty. In most case it's not a good idea to...