Creating a Chart from Cells that use a List Box

Hi, I am trying to create a number of charts (e.g., pie, line etc) based on
data that is slelected from a list box (i.e., data validation).  What i would
like to do is create the charts before any data is entered (if that makes
sense) and as data is entered the charts will display this.
-1

create a roster

Reference to cell with text is returning #VALUE
I have a cell that references a different cell that that consists of H9:J9 that is formated for and contains text. The referenceing cell shows #VALUE instead of the actual text that is in the cell? Any ideas as to why this is happening? Any help would be appreciated. What does your formula look like? A simple link formula can only reference a single cell. Like this: =H9 You can't reference a range of cells like this: =H9:J9 That is why you're getting the error. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Jorist" <Jorist@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

using CList as a base class in an extension DLL
Hi all. I must be doing something wrong but cannot figure it out. I have a data class and a list class, in an extension DLL, declared like this: >#define DllExport __declspec (dllexport) >class DllExport CRate : public CObject { >public: > DECLARE_SERIAL (CRate) > CRate () { m_Rate = 0; } > CRate (const CRate &in) { *this = in; } > > const CRate& operator= (const CRate& in) > { m_Rate = in.m_Rate; m_Date = in.m_Date; return *this; } > > bool operator== (const CRate& in); > bool operator!= (const CRate& i...

Scale tab missing on chart format button. Urgent!
I clicked on the chart format button while formatting a chart and I am required to click on the scale tab to change the number of tick-mark labels and more. I know this is done by clicking on the scale tab but I just have the patterns, font and properties. Where is it and how can I fix this fast. Please help! MM - Did you miss the axis and actually double click on the chart area? That dialog has Patterns, Font, and Properties. I think it's the only chart element with a Properties tab. Does Patterns have Border and Area sub sections? It's not the format axis dialog you've o...

Task Create - Status

Print Autocomplete list
I am using Outlook 2003 and have been unable to find out any way of viewing and printing a copy of all of the entries in the Autocomplete list. Is this possible? A reference to a helpfull article or tutorial would be appreciated. TIA There's this tool which may help: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/outlook_nk2_autocomplete.html "KiwiBrian" <briantoz@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:h99lja$fdl$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... > I am using Outlook 2003 and have been unable to find out any way of > viewing and printing a copy of all of the entries in the Autocomplete > lis...

chart on the report
I wanted to have a chart on my report base on my table or query. Are there any controls support this? Your help is great asppreciated, Click on the Query. choose Insert, Report. Choose Chart Wizard. If you want the report to be linked to a field in your report (eg a different sales chart for each employee) then you can make the chart a subreport, putting in the correct section of your report eg the Details section and in the Properties box of the subreport choose the Master and Child fields (the Unique field that the chart and the main report have in common - usually a primary key field) ...

Bug with cell merging in tables using Applescript

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

Stagnant cell for counting filtered data
I want to keep one cell that houses the count of the data depending on how it is filtered and that cell remain visible despite how it is filtered. I can't get the formula =COUNT(C9,C1:C100) to work or get it to stay visible if I change the filter. Place the formula in row 1 that contains your titles...........assuming you have these. =SUBTOTAL(2,C2:C100) the 2, means count If you don't have titles in row 1, place the formula after a blank row below your data. Note: you use COUNT in your original. COUNT only counts numerics. Maybe you want COUNTA which would be =SUBTOT...

Saving excelXP file to use on p.c with Excel 97?
Hi i need to save my files i create from my home computer using office Xp to my office p.c which is running office 97. I have tried it but everytime i save my file at work i geta message stating that the file was created on xp and some latest features may be missing. How i can save so i do not get this message or indeed if i can actually do it? Thanks in advance I don't think you can avoid the message - the important point would be to use features common to both - then you may get the message, but it would be of no consequence. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Mena <etracing@netconnect...

Web query financial data into chart
Via a web query I import the Euro/Dollar exchange rate during e.g. 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm in a cell of an Excel sheet with a refresh rate of 1 minute. I like to plot this rate versus time over this period. How can I realize that? regards, Louis -- loconel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ loconel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33481 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=532821 You would have to use a macro to store the info on a sheet with a automatic defined name for the gra...

when form created

Creating a Brochure

Select items from list and show in text box
I want to be able to select an items from a list I have setup and have them show in a text box (possibly with the aid of a select button). Could someone please explain to me how to do this as I have no idea about Visual Basic and macros don't work? Thanks in advance Jeanette You can create a dropdown list with data validation: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Or, create a combobox on a UserForm: http://www.contextures.com/xlUserForm02.html rosscojet@tiscali.co.uk wrote: > I want to be able to select an items from a list I have setup and have > them show in a ...

How to create Access macro shortcut

excel should make it easier to have a 1 to 1 plot area in chart
Sometimes I would like the plot area to have a 1 to 1 ratio, so each little square of the gridlines are a square. ie, the y- axis could be 10, the x- axis could be 10, so the plot area would be square, or the y- axis could go from -10 to 10, with the same x- axis, so the plot area would have twice the y- axis than the x- axis. I think the way microsoft has this place worded is misleading, cause it says "Post your suggestion." I don't mean to put anyone off. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most ...

How do I get the 2nd Mode in a range of cells
I want to attain the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. most frequent number in a range of cells. Using the Mode function I can receive the most frequent but how do I get the 2nd, 3rd, 4th,etc. from the same range. Thanks. Hi assuming your list of numbers is in A1:A10 try the following formulas: B1: = MODE($A$1:$A$10) B2: (array entered with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER) = MODE(IF(COUNTIF($B$1:B1,$A$1:$A$10)=0,$A$1:$A$10+{0,0})) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > I want to attain the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. most frequent > number in a range of...