copying workbooks with charts and changing data

As I've got to process several data of same kind, I create several copies of
one workbook (1) that contains several charts
When I use a copy of workbook 1 (2) with new values, the charts always
refers to data in (1)...how can I do to use the values of (2)....??

0
uriel78 (32)

How are you copying the original chart? If the chart is in the same
workbook as the data, you should have no problem if you do Save As with
the entire workbook, or if you make a copy of the file in Windows Explorer.

When you start copying charts separately from copying their data, the
charts always point to the data you don't want.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

uriel78 wrote:

> As I've got to process several data of same kind, I create several copies of
> one workbook (1) that contains several charts
> When I use a copy of workbook 1 (2) with new values, the charts always
> refers to data in (1)...how can I do to use the values of (2)....??

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

add comment to marker in chart
hello dear i hope you are fine. i have problem.i read a lot post but this does not help me. i added comments to a lot cell then creat a chart,ok? now it will show a line with marker or point,when i move mouse pointer , it must show comment but it is number and series or anything? got it? i hope you understand my problem. thanks a lot You can manually add custom labels to data markers in a chart. This is a tedious process, but there are a couple of good, free utilities that can do it for you: Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http:...

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

Need to change the display of a chart
Hello! I have several pie charts that I have created to show percentages. In several of them, there are multiple legend values for the same percentage (0%). Excel prints all of them stacked on top of each other, with their leader lines and in some cases it runs into the title of the chart. Is there any way to change this? Also, in some other cases, with the same situation, there are no leader lines displayed (even though I told it to under Chart Options) and the values all print on top of each other. Suffice it to say, these charts are not very readable. Can anyone help me on thi...

Outlook 2000 SP3

Creating a chart from a table of values
I would like to create a chart from a table of values using indexing so i can vary the range of the table. Can anyone help? Take a look at the dynamic charts here http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html#DynoCht "hydro1guy" wrote: > I would like to create a chart from a table of values using indexing so i can > vary the range of the table. Can anyone help? ...

Can I change vendors for items en mass
I need to change the vendor for about 1000 items, all to the same new vendor. Is there a way to do this other than 1 by 1? Yes. You can use a query in SO Admin (or HQ Admin, if you use HQ). Use a SELECT query to find the IDs of the old and new Suppliers. Then UPDATE the SupplierList table with the new SupplierID. If you need more detailed instructions, let me know. Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail "Jim K" wrote: > I need to change the vendor for about 1000 items, all to the same new vendor. > Is there a way to do this other than 1 by 1? ...

Copy picture ossice wizard

Log data in a shared workbook
Hi all Is it possible to have a spreadsheet which logs data from anothe without over writing each other's data, even though several colleague are inputting and saving in this shared sheet at different times. Eg. Sheet 1 has various data Sheet 2 - A1,2,3, etc = first save Sheet 3 - B1,2,3, etc = second save Etc. ...for the day Cheers Joe -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Joey Would you consider writing to a CSV file? You could use VBA's text file functions to write directly to the file, but the file would still open in Excel. One advantage would be that...

subtotal copy and paste

How do I change the text in a workbook from upper to lower case
Hi Please can anyone help with this one! I have a large workbook that I have created (just with text - no formulas) and I have done it in caps but now want to change all the text to lower case without having to re-type it all. Excel hslp is confusing so can anyone tell me how to do it please Thanks Mike Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany mike wrote: > Hi > > Please can anyone help with this one! > > I have a large workbook that I have created (just with text - no > formulas) and I have done it in caps but now...

3D Column Chart #2
How do I create a 3D column chart and have three axis? ...

line column Pivot Charts

Multivari Chart
I am looking to learn how to create a "Multivari" chart in Excel. Can anyone help me with the steps to create one? I am having troube making the vertical stack of individual data points across groupings. Thanks, Tony Not sure what a multivari chart is, but as a guess try http://www.bmsltd.ie/Excel/SBXLPage.asp#Charting and see FunChrt4.zip -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Microsoft MVP -- Excel In article <106uvtjim536nb4@corp.supernews.com>, orzechow@execpc.com says... > I am looking to learn how to create a "Multivari" chart in Excel. C...

Copying graphs

Pivot Charts #4
Is there a way to change the pivot chart without changing the table in the process? ...

protecting shared workbook
Hi , I need to protect a shared workbook - other users within the office need to be able to neter data however do not seem to be able to do this withough reformatting column widths etc (we have some weird and wonderful people here) I have tried tried what i though would work - tools - Protect Sheet - then deselecting format cells, format columns, format rows however this also prevent users from enetering data. Any help appreciated. Try unlocking just the cells that are used for data entry: Select just the cells that you use for data entry. 'Format' menu --> Cells --> Pro...

Import data from Parameter Query
I am trying to import data into Excel from a parameter query in Access. I keep getting a message "Too few parameters". I have tried supplying the parameter information via the filter in the import wizard but this did not work. I want to avoid removing the parameter in Access. Is there anyway around this? ...

Having a go with assembly... how do I copy a double into a register??
I'm trying to speed up a maths routine which consists of much iterative multiplication (and adding and subtraction of ) doubles. Now if I declare my doubles as floats float f double d _asm { mov edx, f //ok mov edx, d //error operand size conflict Can someone show me the error of my ways??? Thanks "Si" <me@you.twang> wrote in message news:sm1gk0l60ng23gilu9b68hkcqi3ub9horn@4ax.com... > > > I'm trying to speed up a maths routine which consists of much > iterative multiplication (and adding and subtraction of ) doubles. > > Now if I de...