Copying graphs

Hi Is it possible to range value a graph ie I would like to copy the graph to
another workbook, show all the information but without the links?

Thanks

0
Dixie (8)

You could copy the chart as a picture, then paste it wherever you want.
Select the chart, hold Shift while clicking on the Edit menu, Choose Copy
Picture, and select the On Screen and As Picture options, then go to the
other workbook/sheet and Paste.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Dixie" <Dixie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Is it possible to range value a graph ie I would like to copy the graph
> another workbook, show all the information but without the links?
>
> Thanks

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
7/11/2007 12:54:29 PM
Thanks Jon that works perfectly.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> You could copy the chart as a picture, then paste it wherever you want.
> Select the chart, hold Shift while clicking on the Edit menu, Choose Copy
> Picture, and select the On Screen and As Picture options, then go to the
> other workbook/sheet and Paste.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> _______
>

> "Dixie" <Dixie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Is it possible to range value a graph ie I would like to copy the graph
> > another workbook, show all the information but without the links?
> >
> > Thanks

0
Dixie (8)

Copy an Integration
Without the Save As button in IM now, how do I copy an integration without saving over the previous one? I hear you with the "Save As" feature. In IM 10 you kind of have to do a workaround. You need to create a database (Tools > Create Database), then export to the database you create (File > Export Integrations), then open the new database (Tools > Options) and change the integration name. Once you do that, you will have to change the database name, then reimport the integration. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Busines...

POP3 requiremenst for headers & leave copy at server
Hello, what does the POP3 server need to do in order for Outlook to download the headers and work with "leave copy of messages at server" checked? I thought that TOP command should do for the headers, and simply Outlook not issuing DELE should leave the messages on server. However, Outlook still says the server does not support header downloading and does not work at all if I leave the checkbox checked. Any hints? Thanks! Jan POP servers do not store a copy of the e-mail after you download it. If you need this capability, you should use an IMAP server. He...

Option to copy user defined fields when copying a Sales Order Doc
When you copy a SOP document then the user defined fields from the source document are not copied with that document. As these fields often define important specific information about a Sales Order document it would be good if there was an option to copy this data s well. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and...

copy images with worksheet
i am trying to copy some data from an excel sheet to an image program. my excel sheet consists of data and seperate images. when i copy and paste only some of the images are copied. What setting do i need to change to copy all images with the cell contents. What type of images and how are you doing the copy? Which images will copy and which don't? Any common factor that you can identify? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 3 May 2008 07:50:12 -0700 (PDT), stewart <smccallister@gmail.com> wrote: >i am trying to copy some data from an excel sheet to an image >program. my...

To copy a formula
How I can copy the formula T3-M3 into AA3 . The formula should be copied upto the end of the cell where the data ends from T3 cell. So please help to find out the lastrow from T3...Tn where data ends in that column With thanks and regards Pol I don't understand what it is that you are asking. Would you care to re-state your request with some sample data? -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk "pol" <pol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

I want to display a graph vertically
Hello, I have a problem with displaying a graph in excel. It seems like the default way of displaying a graph is from left to right, that is, the longer part stretches out to the right. On my graph, dates are on the left (vertically) and an other factor is on the right (horisontally). I want the dates tp be horisontally and the other factor vertically, and the curve/graph should go from top to bottom, like a waterfall if that better explains it. That is, I would like to rotate the graph, but not by saving the graph as a gif-file and rotate it in Visio for instance, but as a real excel-graph, ...

auto copy self

graph looks fine until I save , then scrunches up
Please help I am running excel 2002 sp2 I have a page with 4 graphs .. all of which look fine in the page break preview, when I go into print preview - they squash up to the top of the graph , if I then go into the graph and change nothing, but go back to preview, suddenly it's fixed again .. but if I re-save the file again the graph does it again.. any ideas? Thanks ...

Can't copy and paste into Publisher 2002
I just installed Publisher 2002 on a new laptop. I am unable to paste from any other program including MS Works word processor and Notepad. The only thing that will paste is the last copied text from Publisher. Pasting works fine between all other programs. Can anyone give me a fix? Thanks, Mac McPop wrote: > I just installed Publisher 2002 on a new laptop. I am unable to paste > from any other program including MS Works word processor and Notepad. > The only thing that will paste is the last copied text from Publisher. > Pasting works fine between all other programs. Can anyone g...

Copy and paste slow
Hello. When I copy or paste on Excel 2007, it takes about 10 seconds to process, even though it copying or pasting one cell. All other Microsoft Office works normally with copy and paste, so this only happens with Excel. I have turned off the text to speech feature and still the copy and paste is slow. Should I uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Office 2007? Thanks for any help you can provide. Try opening excel in safe mode: Close excel windows start button|run excel /safe And open your file to test. If this removes the problem, then it may be a misbehaving ma...

Blank graphs
Hi, I have create a number of files with graphs in. I can see the graphs and everything looks fine. Another person opens the files and the graphs pages are total white. The data is in the data sheets, but there is nothing on any of the graphs. We used a template workbook so all the workbook files for that type are totally blank. I go back and look at them and they look fine. Both of us are using Excel 2000 Any ideas Thanks. Mark ...

Macro to copy text between two different delimeters
I am trying to write a macro in Excel to select text between cells which contain words. Two challenges: 1.) I need to search for a cell that contains only one-single word "item:" and then copy the contents of the cell just-above that cell 2.) I need to search for a cell that contains only one-single word "component(s):" and then copy all of the rows below that until I find a cell that contains only the word "Zip" Any samples would help for either of these challenges ~Vic This is just an example of technique, not a full solution. This macro searches the activ...

How to copy a workbook
I need to know how to copy a workbook in a macro (Excel 2002) The filename of the workbook to be copied is "Template" (w/o quotes) The new workbook will have the name of an employee, ie several workbooks, each having the name of an employee. Variable: EMP = "John Doe" Code needed to copy workbook TEMPLATE and rename to variable EMP. Thanks, Les Hi, This would go in your 'template' workbook. This string S = "aaa,bbb,ccc" should be changed to your list of employees Sub Sonic() Dim V As Variant Dim S As String S = "aaa,...

Protecting ranges that may be copied
I've embedded a database query in a worksheet. Because the data being retrieved is senstive, I've hidden the paramter ranges and password protected the worksheet. Unfortunately, a clever user can just copy the whole sheet into a new workbook and the password protection is defeated. The parameter ranges can be unhidden and the query pointed elsewhere. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to defeat this behavior? Thanks in advance, Rich ...

Copy/Paste Charts on slide
I'm using XP and when I copy and paste a chart on to the same slide (in the hopes of having 2 identical charts side by side) the formatting for one or both charts ALWAYS changes. How can I copy and past charts while preserving formatting, sizing, etc.? PowerPoint 2007 Try the following (it worked for me). 1. I launched a new Presentation. 2. Home / Slides group / click on drop down arrow to the right of New Slide / click on Comparison / slide number 2 should launch. 3. Go to where you chart was (mine was in an EXCEL 2007 file). 4. Click on the Chart / right cli...

Copy BSTR into TCHAR
Hi, How do I copy a BSTR into TCHAR buffer? example: TCHAR szText[255]; BSTR bstr; // step 1: fill bstr one way or another // step 2: copy bstr data into szText Lisa You can use a CString: CString str(yourBSTR); Operator LPCTSTR can give access to the string along with many helpful functions of CString. Also, keep in mind that there is CComBSTR for these things as well. ------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com You can also use the ATL conversion macros (like "W2CT" and "W2T") if you are not using MFC, and do not want to have to allocate memory for the string twic...

EXCEL FILE a copy/a copy/a copy ....filename
when i save my excel file i get a saved copy of the file, not the file itself so my file name of a file i save 7 times can have 7 'a copy' in it eg c./my doc/a copy/a copy/ a copy..............a copy/xx.xls Is the file saved as Read Only? Do you get a message on opening asking you if it's read only? Regards, Alan. "ve" <ve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88C3DEBA-2C2E-4DF0-978B-F823E120458A@microsoft.com... > when i save my excel file i get a saved copy of the file, not the file > itself so my file name of a file i save ...

Copying between Visio Diagrams
I am trying to take packages from a Reverse Engineered UML diagram and put them into another UML diagram that I am working on. I found that it is possible, from a given diagram, to copy the individual classes (select all, copy, paste into other document diagram). However, this does not necessarily keep some of the packaging in place. Any ideas? Eric ...

HELP with Graphing.
For my particular data sets the x axis represents displacement, and the y axis represents load. I have multiple data sets; each has its own x and y values. The chart wizard only lets me pick one of the series x values for the entire graph. Is there a way i can graph all the data sets on the same plot so that each data set is referenced to its own x values, as opposed to just one of them. Plot the first data set Select the second one (both x and y values) and copy Click on Chart Use menu item Edit | Paste Special and indicate New Series with x-values in left column (with or without la...

Copy TOC & TO Figures
Hi, I have a slight problem at them moment and wondering if anyone coul help? I am trying to copy the Table of contents out of several word document and paste them into excel. In the documents though I have three "TOCs" one is the overall TOC, the next is a list of Figures/Graphs, and th third is a list of tables which appear in the document. In column A I have a list of the document names, is there anyway fo excel to look in a folder and only open bring back the TOC's for th relevant documents which are listed in Column A? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am just a b...

combination of line graph
i plot two line chart in the same axis. and i need to find value at the crossing point of the two chart. how could i find the value by using microsoft excel Hi, Maybe this will help. http://www.andypope.info/charts/intersection.htm Cheers Andy shy hooi wrote: > i plot two line chart in the same axis. and i need to find value at the > crossing point of the two chart. how could i find the value by using > microsoft excel -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

BOM Copy
We're using GP 9.0 (recently upgraded from 7.5)...when using the BOM Copy function in manufacturing, the system takes forever to process a BOM copy. Any thoughts on why this happens or how to fix it? Im not seeing that issue at any of my sites. How many boms are you trackiing/storing? How many items on a BOM? Have you looked at typical performance issues like disk space and workstation/server memory? -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublica...

how do i draw a textbox on chart and copy onto word?
I drew a textbox on my chart but whenever, i click copy and paste onto microsoft word, the textbox disappears. how do i make sure it stays? or else, how do i draw a textbox directly on the picture copied? Was the textbox selected together with the chart when you Copy? I convert the chart to graphic by holding down Shift, click Edit -> Copy Picture, and Paste it in your workbook. Draw the textbox you want over the graphic, and make sure both the chart graphic and the textbox are selected when you Copy. "miko" wrote: > I drew a textbox on my chart but whenever, i click ...

Macro for copy sheet
I am a novice when it comes to macros...but I have to copy a bunch of spreadsheets...both copying to the same workbook and copying to a new workbook...I'd like to streamline the process and rather than copy/move, etc., I wanted to either make a macro button or a shortcut key. I can't find anything on the web to help me. I have to do this every week on different sheets...so I'd like to have a macro that works for all the named sheets. Can this be done? Thanks! Lynn Lynn Bartling wrote: > > I am a novice when it comes to macros...but I have to copy a bunch of &g...