Coordinate secondary y axis to primary y axis

Is it possible to coordinate the secondary y axis on a chart
so that the maximum value is always 72 times the max value
on the primary y axis?

The primary y axis plots hours of work and the secondary
y axis plots $$.  When the chart updates, we want to ensure
that the maximum on the secondary axis is equal to 72
times the maixum on the primary.

I have been searching but cannot find anything on this.

Thanks,
0
tmwelton (9)

Hi,

Only way to have the maximum value be exactly 72 times is to set it via
code.
This shows you how to link it to a cell.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html

You will need to use something similar but read the actual maximum value of
the primary scale rather than use a value from formula.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Opal" <tmwelton@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to coordinate the secondary y axis on a chart
> so that the maximum value is always 72 times the max value
> on the primary y axis?
>
> The primary y axis plots hours of work and the secondary
> y axis plots $$.  When the chart updates, we want to ensure
> that the maximum on the secondary axis is equal to 72
> times the maixum on the primary.
>
> I have been searching but cannot find anything on this.
>
> Thanks,

0
andy9699 (3616)
6/11/2009 10:00:34 AM
A ha!

That is what I was looking for yesterday and couldn't find!

Thank you so much!

0
tmwelton (9)

IE Zoom Click Coordinates
I have a clickable image on my web site that passes the clicked coordinates back to the server, where they are processed. When the user is zoomed at 100%, the coordinates correspond to the image correctly. When the user is zoomed at any other zoom level, I get the actual pixel coordinates that they clicked on, rather than a normalized pair. To reproduce: 1) Create a 100x100 image in paint. Maybe a crosshair so you can reliably click in the middle. Save it as 100x100.gif 2) Add the following to an ASPX page: <asp:ImageButton runat="server" ImageUr...

Secondary MX record preference
I have a single Exchange 2000 (as part of SBS 2000) server in-house. Our domain is hosted externally. I have the primary MX record, preference 0, pointed to my Exchange server. I have a secondary MX record, preference 10, pointed to a global mailbox on the external domain. Finally, I have that mailbox configured as a Global ISP mailbox in the Exchange POP3 connector (The domain hosting service does not provide store-and-forward). This, of course, is all in an effort to provide an e-mail repository for e-mail should I have my Exchange server is down for maintenance or some other SBS con...

Plotting Y vs. X data in Excel
Hi: I am having trouble setiing up a chart/graph plotting one paramater against another. I am using Excel 2003 (Office). Assume that I have 3 columns of data: C1, C2, and C3. (C2 dat is notr used.) Say that I want to plot a graph of C3 data vs. C1 data...i.e., data from C3 plotted along the vertical axis, and data from C1 plotted along the horizontal axis. How do I go about doing this? I keep getting two lines plotted againts a common x-axis with values {1,2,3...n} that have no meaning to me, other than they represent the data point numbers, not their values. Thank you... DaleB Hi, Worke...

Custom EXCEL chart value axis BRAIN TEASER
I need to format my VALUE AXIS with postive numbers above and below the zero value on the axis: 8,000 6,000 4,000 2,000 0 400 800 1,200 1,600 I know it can be done as I am looking at an existing COLUMN chart in EXCEL 2002. The chart has both primary and secondary Value axes. One series is attached to the primary value axis and one series attached to the Secondary Value axis. The primary Value Axis has a custom number format that hides all the negative values. The secondary Value Axis has a custom number format that hides all the negative values and the zero value. This ax...

Trendline Question- Graph with 2 Y Axis
I have a graph which uses a primary & a secondary Y axis. The trendline works fine for the series which uses the primary Y axis, but the series using the secondary Y axis adds a trendline based on the primary Y axis. Am I doing something wrong? thnx ...

Formulas with "Y" & "N" values
I am creating a performance chart for employees to fill out. Below is an example of a set of questions they need to complete, with a possible answer to each. My spreadsheet is being designed to calculate a points system on multiple categories 1. How many appointments did you have? "2" 2. How many new appointments did you set? "1" 3. Did you follow up with active client groups, not yet rented? "Y" 4. Have you made collection calls to clients that owe money? "N" 5. Have you reviewed and replied to all your emails? "Y" I nee...

How to capture global mouse coordinates ?
Hi EB, I need to create an application in MFC that would track the global mouse movement. That means, no matter where the mouse is and no matter whether my application window is active or not, it should show the current mouse coordinates. SetCapture() does not seems to work for me and also it takes lot of CPU. Any clue ? Thanks in advance, -b. >I need to create an application in MFC that would track the global >mouse movement. That means, no matter where the mouse is and no matter >whether my application window is active or not, it should show the >current mouse coordinates. Se...

Cell coordinates
I have an imported sheet that has a ton of data on it. I want to have my worksheet find data on the imported sheet by heading. So, for example, I want the data from the cell in the column labeled 'sales total' and from the row 'cd players' the catch is that heading isn't always in the same spot on the imported sheet and the sheet may have multiple tables, one above the other on down with the same headings in different columns. So I need either formula or VBA code that either returns the cell's value or at least the address. Because there are multiple tables I also ne...

Process Mapping Coordinator needed in Houston, TX
Thought you might be able to help on Process Mapping Coordinator position opening we have available. I have provided a brief overview below. Please contact me if you have an interest and more details can be provided. Location: Houston Prov/State: TX ZIP/Postal Code: Duration: 6 months Start Date: Monday, June 14, 2010 - Saturday, December 31, 2011 Date Posted: Jun 06 11 Experience: See Job Description Number of openings: 1 Pre-screening questions: No pre-screening questions assigned Salary Range/Pay Rate: Open Nature of position: Contract Primary Functions/Respo...

formula to turn hh:mm cell into x.y hours
I need to track billing for a client, with 1/10th hour precision, and where partial groups of 6 minutes round up to the next 1/10th hour (example: 8 minutes = 0.2 hours). I have a start time, and an end time. Then I subtract one from the other and get hh:mm, such as 1:08 which represents 1 hour and 8 minutes. So far so good. But then I want a formula that converts that to 1.2 hours. But everything I try is failing. I can't even figure out how to convert the 1:08 to 68 minutes. Please help me with the formula for the cell below: Start Stop Duration BillableHo...

y-axis versus x-axis charts
What I'm trying to do is have the numerical data in the y-axis charted versus the data in the x-axis and there seems to be no way to do this because all of the charts given just plots the data for both the x-axis and y-axis but not against each other if you know what I mean and can help that would be appreciated, thanks. Put the X values in a column. Put the Y values in the next column to the right. Put a label in the cell above the first Y value. Keep the cell above the first X value blank. Select this data, including the top row with the blank and the Y label, and start the chart...

Primary and Secondary Axis
Hello, Can anyone tell me how to change data in the primary axis=20 so it displays in the secondary axis, for example, cost of=20 mobile phones from =A330 to =A3400 displayed alomg the primary=20 axis. At present it keeps being displayed along the=20 secondary axis. Cheers. 1) Right click data series in chart 2) Select Format Data Series 3) Open Axis tab 4) Click in Primary axis box -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "boots" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18da01c3feec$c5274d10$a601280a@phx.gbl... Hell...

Help with Dates on Y Axis of a chart
Hi Guys, How do I get my chart to display the dates that I have in my Excel Sheet? For example I have a line chart with a set of 7 dates: 01/13/03, 09/12/03, 11/06/03, 05/11/04, 06/03/04, 07/08/04, and 07/06/05. My dates incriment every two months, which I do not want. I would like to have the dates above. What do I need to do??? Right-click around the chart and select Chart Options. On the Axes tab, select Category for the primary axis. "Eric" wrote: > Hi Guys, > > How do I get my chart to display the dates that I have in my Excel Sheet? > > For example I ...

Import New Table; Set Primary Key As AutoNumber
I've procrastinated long enough; I'm starting to learn Access now. I know a little actually, but not much. Anyway, I'm practicing with the NWind DB. I exported each table to an Excel sheet and then tried to import each Excel sheet to a new DB that I just created. A bit silly, but it's really helping me to learn. I though I had a handle on it, but when I tried to import the 'Orders' table, it comes in kind of weird. Under Field Name 'OrderID', the Data Type is Number, but I want it to be AutoNumber so I can create Relationships. I can't seem to ...

Coordinates
Is it possible to display coordinates in degrees minutes and seconds in excel? See Chip Pearson's site. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/latlong.aspx Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 10:16:15 -0800, Todd <Todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to display coordinates in degrees minutes and seconds in excel? Hi Todd...... If you format a cell for Custom > 000° 00' 00'' Then if you enter 0120328 it will display 012° 03' 28'' When formatting, use Alt 0176 (type numbers on the keypad only) for ...

Cartesian Coordinate System
Hello, all Excel 200 I am making a Cartesian, or rectangular coordinate system and cannot get the graph to accept any value to the left of the "Y" axis. Quadrants 2 and 3 return a "nonnumeric value error;" even though they have a number that is negative. Quadrant 3 is especially tough because it is a negative/negative number Thanks Michael Youn zadeblade@email.uophx.edu If you're trying to plot XY pairs, use a scatter plot with the X- and Y-data as your chart source. This works dandy for trig function plots using all four quadrants. The X- axis will be defined ...

Secondary SA user & password
I looked over previous sa user items in this group. Is it posible in 10.0 SP1 to create an additional sa user that doesn't have rights to security roles/user accounts? What I am trying to do is have 2 sa roles- one that can do all and one sa that can not modify user security or roles. If it is possible how would I accomplish that? Thanks for the response! Hi Ang Have a look at this white Paper, I think ti explains everything you are looking for: https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/documentation/whitepapers/msdygp10_securityplanwp.htm?printpage=false Cheers -- Fliehigh "An...

How to get cell coordinates?
As previously posted, I am trying to build a formula that updates its cell references automatically based on what line the formula is entered. My formula will be more complex but for the sake of simplicity, here's an example of what I'm trying to achieve... A1 = 100 A2 = 25 A3 = C3 B1 = 50 B2 = 10 B3 = C3 C3 = formula that adds A1+A2 or B1+B2, depending on the row number. Please remember that this is a simple example and that my actual formula will be more complex and therefore, an IF statement will be too long for what I want to achieve. In other words, my formu...

Values on 'y' axis
Hello, I just open an spreadsheet with some graphs I did a few days ago and it appears as if the values on the 'y' axis have been rounded up (0,1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4,5....etc) instead of been in a scale (0, 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2.....etc). The source data for the graph has not changed. I would appreciate it if someone could let me knwo why this has happened and how can I change it back. Thanks Format Axis/ Number/ Decimal places? You could try changing from Number to General? -- David Biddulph "Belcha" <Belcha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF141E22-C1C...

Secondary Value within Bar
I am trying to set up a simple bar chart. Example: Total$ 2003, 2002, 2001. Within each of those bars I need to fill the bar up with another value. Example Total$ was 10000, but 5000 when towards another category. I need to show the total as 10000, but fill the bar up to 5000 with another design. Make sense? Pat - You could make a stacked bar (or column) chart. In these you do not plot the total, but all the constituents of the total. If you don't know them all, use 'Other' and use a formula to subtract all the known constituents from the total. So your chart would ha...

finding a cell from numerical coordinates #2
is it possible to locate a cell from coordinates such as 50, 75 or 100,98? I'd really like to be able to do this. No need to post the question twice so soon. In 2007 press Alt+1, Formulas tab and check R1C1 reference style -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Chip" wrote: > is it possible to locate a cell from coordinates such as 50, 75 or 100,98? > I'd really like to be able to do this. Hi, In 2007 press Alt+1, Formulas tab and check R1C1 reference style -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Dev...

How draw x-y picture
Hello: My work often need to draw picture. Suppose the function y=f(x), I have already got the discrete data of x and y: x: x1, x2, ........, xn; y: y1, y2, ....., yn how to draw them in the x-y coordinates? Excel does have ' insert |chart' and be able to draw a lot of types of pictures, but I did not find the way to draw x-y line picture as x and y all designed by ourself. Hi, "Insert" --> "Chart" --> "XY-Scatter" --> select the "Chart Subtype" you want --> select "Series" Tab --> ent...

Can secondary X400 addresses be safely removed?
Hello, We had to change a users surname a couple of times and they have ended up with several secondary X400 addresses which RUS generated automatically. Just to clean-up, is it safe to remove secondary X400 addresses, leaving only the primary one? I vaguely remember reading that the X400 address should never be removed, or maybe that was only the primary one. Something else. Since the rename, some replies to messages sent by the user after the rename, from other users with mailboxes on the same server, are just disappearing. They're not leaving the server. No (non)delivery receipts eit...

Excel X Axis and square Grid
Hi can anyone help with these two questions. Windows 2000. Office 2002. Chart in Excel Question 1. When Y cooridinate is negative want X axis labels at bottom of chart and not along the Y = 0 axis. Question 2. Is there any way of automatically adjusting the max X and Y coordinates so that the distance between grid lines have the same value so that the grids appear square. Hi, Double click the x axis and on the patterns tab set the tickmark labels to low. See this for square grid. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/SquareGrid.html Cheers Andy FGM wrote: > Hi can anyone help with ...

Scaleable logrithmic Y axis
Why isn't there an Excel feature that allows the Y axis to scale, and the user to be able to select gridlines appropriately? For instance a data range from 9.5 to 10.5 is only 1 unit but the chart displays a range from 1 to 100 when a logrithmic scale is selected. Yes, it is unfortunate that MS hasn't provided that capability. In the meantime, if you are looking for a workaround, check the 'Flexible Log Scale' page of my web site. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity ...