control buttons for chart

I'm using Excel 2007;
I have a table linked to my chart.  I'm filtering the table on two different
columns (produce grade and customer) to produce the charts that I want (CM%).
 It works great.

I need to control the table (chart) filters from the face of the Chart and
keep the table sheet hidden.  Thus, I'd like to add two buttons to the chart
face to control the filtering.  How do I reference a control to a table
filter?  And also I'll need to make it clear the filter (since I'm using two
independent filters) before each attempted change.  Ideas anyone?

Never Mind, I figured it out.  It took a couple hours, but i got it.

"Kyle Chastain" wrote:

> I'm using Excel 2007;
> I have a table linked to my chart.  I'm filtering the table on two different
> columns (produce grade and customer) to produce the charts that I want (CM%).
>  It works great.
>
> I need to control the table (chart) filters from the face of the Chart and
> keep the table sheet hidden.  Thus, I'd like to add two buttons to the chart
> face to control the filtering.  How do I reference a control to a table
> filter?  And also I'll need to make it clear the filter (since I'm using two
> independent filters) before each attempted change.  Ideas anyone?

bound control or inbound control
Hi Katherine, There are differences between using bound versus unbound controls. Where on the form do you want to use an unbound control? Jeanette Cunningham "Katherine" <Katherine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23BBC192-0A74-4B9F-9513-5E5923A76658@microsoft.com... > ...

why can't i insert a chart in excel worksheet?
I have created a worksheet and formattted it according to our textbook in class. i am up to the point of inserting a chart, but when i go on the ribbon to insert a chart the choices are greyed out and i can not insert a chart. i opened a new worksheet to check, and the chart choices are not greyed out. i also opened a previous worksheet and i can still insert a chart, but i can not insert one in this worksheet for some reason. HELP!! Is the worksheet protected? Is it shared? Is it grouped (are more than one sheet selected)? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials ...

why won't word 2007 release control of a .rtf file after exiting w
I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH ACCESS TO RICH TEXT FILES BY PROGRAMS OTHER THAN WORD------ AFTER THE FILE OPEN IN WORD IS CLOSED AND EVEN AFTER WORD HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN (EXITED) ---------- I GET THE ERROR MESSAGE THAT THE FILE IS "IN USE" BY WORD WHEN (FOR EXAMPLE) AN ATTEMPT IS MADE TO DELETE IT ---- SOMETIMES WHEN RE-OPENING THE FILE AFTER RE-STARTING WORD THE FILE CANNOT BE SAVED BECAUSE IT IS IN "READ ONLY" MODE ------- AFTER MUCH FIDDLING AROUND I FINALLY MANAGED TO DELETE THE PROBLEM FILE ONLY TO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM RETURN WITH A DIFFERNT FILE ----- WORD 200...

How do I put multiple colors in a chart's plot area
For instance, if I have a single series chart with Y axis from 0% to 5%, how do I put a red color from 0 to 2%, green from 2 to 4% and blue from 4 to 5%? TonyU1234 I am not entirely sure what you need but can offer the following. I am assuming you have a simple line chart here. Two options (1) You can manually select data points and assign them a colour dependent upon value. Simple to do, but laborious if lots of data points (2) This VBA code may help. In simple terms, it loops through each data point, tests the value of the datapoint, and assigns a colour of red < 2%: green 2% - ...

RE: Control
Can some one point me right direction to achive this following. Need to dispaly a data in a table format. some of the column data may have to display a image/icon based on a value from the table (1 :- Red color icon, 2:-yellow color icon...) Once the data is loaded and displayed on the format , able to search particular row by column index and update the values including the images(change different image). I tried with Listview control, with the report view I am not able to search row and update the columns with the List vew I am not able to show the image/icon. do not want to use ...

Effective VBA Code for Conditional Charting
Hello there, in a line chart, I need to show 3 different markers / colors for data points depending on whether the basic data to be shown are =, > or < zero. My attempts to code this in vba works, but very slowly. I suspect there is an effective way to do this, but can't find it. Does anyboday know better ? Thank you in advance, Kind regards, H.G. Lamy Hi H, Maybe you don't need VBA code at all. Have a look at Jon Peltier's examples on conditional charts. (http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart) You should be able to modify the techn...

MSCRM login and the Users Control Panel
Is anyone aware of any way that the settings stored under Control Panel - Users - Password Management might interfere with the process of Single Sign On into MSCRM? It seemed to have somehow cached someones login and prevented logging in as the logged in user, until cached credentials had been "deleted". However I have never seen this mentioned as being relevant. I am not too sure what the architecture model is there, but it appears to be a single domain. If this area has any relevance, it would be useful to know....thanks ...

Spam control - MS Outlook
Hi! I am using MS Outlook 2000 and use 2 profiles. I recently installed a firewall package (Fsecure = Telia S�ker Surf), including Spam control. After install, MSO hangs and I cannot change to the other profile (if I not removed MSO by ctrl/alt/del) Somebody want to comment this? /Sven-Erik Intergrated AV/Spam is the cause of frequent issues in Outlook Is the FSecure you installed compatible with this old version of Outlook? "Storfille" <storfille@ebrev.net> wrote in message news:b1Ixm.11987$U5.164765@newsb.telia.net... > Hi! > > I am using MS Outlook 200...

EXCEL chart legend formatting
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Can anyone tell me how to get superscript/subscript formatting to show in a chart legend? I've got it working in the excel data cells, but the formattin doesn't transfer to the legend and I can't directly change the legend text. I am having the same problem. Did you ever find a solution? Thanks! tauntonuse wrote: EXCEL chart legend formatting 28-Oct-09 Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Can anyone tell me how to get superscript/subscript formatting to show in a chart legend? I h...

Toggle button vs Command button
I was using command buttons to write text in a text box. The command buttons work fine. I was thinking of using toggle buttons because toggle buttons change color/shading when pressed. The toggle button writes the text in the box but I get a 'Run-time error '2115' - The macro or function set to the BeforeUpdate or ValidationRule property for this field is preventing dbname from saving data in the field. END/DEBUG. I am using the 'OnClick' Event to write the text. Do I need code in another event? Private Sub Toggle21_Click() HelpWindow.SetFocus Help...

Releasing memory after creating OCX control
Hi, I try to create an instance of an activex control in my MFC dialog based app. Though my application works with out any error, if i check the memory after calling "delete pMyControl" it keeps on occupying the same memory it occupied when the control was alive. Could anyone help me where I am missing to clear the memory? Thank you. My Code here ---------------m_pxWmp= new CWMPPlayer4();if( m_pxWmp->Create("replay", WS_CHILD | WS_BORDER | WS_VISIBLE , CRect(100, 100,320,240), this, 2)){ m_replay = true; m_pxWmp->SetUrl("C:\\video.avi"); m_pxWmp->Set...

Adding a control variable
Hello all, Under VC++ 7.1, I've added a checkbox to a dialog. Using the dialog editor, I am not trying to add a control variable for this check box. However, when I right-click on the check box and select "Add Variable", the resulting wizard dialog does not allow me to select "Control Variable" (it is grayed out). What do I need to do to get a control variable for this check box added to my class? Thanks, Dave I've never seen that before - are you able to duplicate this problem with other projects too? -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "Dave" <bett...

stock control system
trying to see up a 'basic stock control sytem' for a warehouse that contains building materials. -- Thank you. You can use multiple ways of doing, there's 3 ways to come to m head... 1) Use a worksheet as database an save all the information on the cell of that worksheet using some macros to access it and handle. 2) You might want to use Access instead of Excel, I think would b easier to handle the database portion and you still have the Macro available. 3) You can use VB with an Access to create an application -- fanay ------------------------------------------------------...

what control can display characters from txt files in a dialog?
I want to read lines from txt files and display them on a dialog.I wonder which control can be put into the dialog to hold the characters from txt? Something like :- while(m_file.ReadString(tmpstr)) { str += tmpstr; } m_edit.SetWindowText(str); -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "liao_xf" <sclxf@sina.com> wrote in message news:001401c3652f$177b9830$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Thanks first! > I know that Edit control can receive and edit input. > and I know the filestdio can read lines from txt. > but can you tell me how to attatch the lines to the edit? > Thanks!...

HELP WITH CHART
1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 QTR-1 1421 3252 325 23532 457 435 QTR-2 967 4564 8768 5744 2 45 QTR-3 45745 484 457 6554 857 4325 QTR-4 4574 458 45754 45745 457 74 TOTAL 43223 4363 34643 436 57 457 i HAVE A DATA AS SHOWN ABOVE FORMAT. I WANT TO PLOT A CHART WITH THIS DATA MY X AXIS SHOULD SHOW QTR-1-1999, QTR-2-1999, QTR3-1999, QTR-4-1999, QTR-1-2000 AN SO ON AND Y AXIS SHOULD SH...

Creating dialog controls at run-time
I've been researching how to do this, but whenever I try what other people do, I get very bad results. But my challenge doesn't end there. The number of controls I want to create is only known at run-time. The problems I face are manifold: 1. The code most people use fails badly. Not only is the font unconventionally big, but when I click the checkbox I create, the whole dialog disappears. If that's not enough, the pointer to the control is NULL when the dialog's destructor is called, so I can't delete the instance, and get a memory leak message when the program ends: CADi...

Combination chart with three data ranges
Hey all... I'm trying to create a combination chart with three data ranges on 2 axis... the primary data source is a volume category represented on the primary "Y" axis in hundreds, the secondary data source is a percentage category represented on the secondary "Y" axis in 0.00%... when using these first 2 data sources everything is fine... I need to add a third data source , also to be represented as a percentage category consistent with the same scale as the previous percentage... Excel will allow me to add the third data source, however, when I do so I no...

MDI support in ATL composite control
Hi, I have components created in ATL. The components are ATL composite controls. Entire work has been done till now using ATL, however I now need to give MDI type of work area (based o doc-view architecture) within the control. I have class derived from CMDIFrameWnd. However when I try to initialize instance of this class by calling "Create" method of CFrameWnd (base class in CMDIFrameWnd), I get error and creation fails. Tracing the code, I found that base class create method calls "AfxGetInstanceHandle" to get handle to the DLL. Now since this is ATL Composite control, ...

proper way to detect if mouse button is depressed?
What is the proper way of decting whether a certain mouse button is depressed or not? If I create a class member bool m_rightbtndown and set it true on the message "OnRButtonDown" and set it false on "OnRButtonUp", that does not work if I right click in the window, and then drag the mouse outside the window, lift my finger, and then bring the mouse back to my window. my window still thinks the button is depressed because it never received "OnRButtonUp" How should I do this? nick You have to capture the mouse: void MyWnd::OnRButtonDown(....) { S...

View Filtering and Access Controls for Business Units
I am trying to implement MS-CRM for my company. We have multiple Business Units . I need to give views to each Business Units so that they see only their own Contacts/Accounts/Opp lists. How do I accomplish this ? Also, If I gave inter business unit acesses , how do I make sure that the one business unit users can not modify any fields on other's Business Unit's records ? Thanks in advance for any help, Kishore This is quite easy to do with CRM. Assuming you have already created your Business Units in CRM, you can view a security role within one of the Business Units and a...

Pie Chart Problem
I have a form into which I enter data. The first 2 boxes are names and the third is a date. These are no problem. I then have 5 categories which have 3 check boxes each depending on what is decided, say Red, Amber or Green. Example: Red Amber Green Health & Safety Delivery I want to create a pie chart from the information so that I can see on a particular day, what percentage was Red, what percentage was Amber and Green and so on for each category. I would therefore have 5 charts all together. I am not that skill...

Tab Control Problems
I previously worked in VC++ 6.0, and have several applications that have either custom shadebox controls, or tab controls or group boxes. In all cases, when I moved the applications over to VS.NET 2003, everything was fine, except in the resource editor, I cannot see any of the controls that have been overlayed on a tab control, or a custom shadebox control and in some cases group boxes. I can tab to them and see the outline, but I cannot see the actual controls. If I drag a new control onto the tab control, I can see the control, but once it is saved, I can no longer access the cont...

FindRecord Control Button
i built a find record control button so a user can type in the form number and go there but it only searches the field that the cursor is in and the form # is not on the tab order(purposely). How can i specify where the find record function searches? thanks Ryan, usually people use an unbound combo box or an unbound text box for searching. There is a sample download with code of a search form at http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html If you need help to get it working, post back. You can also use the wizard to put a combo for searching on your form. On the form in design view, click the...

Dates not formatting on Chart
I have some spreadsheets linked to each other and the data is being displayed in some charts. Now, when I look at the dates on the bottom of the chart, it is displaying 39095 and several other numbers. I have formatted all of the of dates to display as mm/dd/yyyy but it is not changing the dates. I have enter in my information again and I am still not having any luck. I really don't want to have to build these charts again. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks When you state: " I have formatted all of the of dates to display as mm/dd/yyyy but it is not changing the dates&quo...

Excel 2007
The charting function in my Office 2007 installation not working. When I click the Chart button, it shown following message. --------------------------- Information --------------------------- Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a different chart type. --------------------------- OK --------------------------- I have both Office 2003 and 2007 installed in my system. Is this a compatible issue? I had try the chart function in Word, Excel and PowerPoint all not working. Thanks did you ever figure out the problem? i'm getting the same error in office 2007...