Connection Lines Between Data Points

I'm trying to show connecting lines between data points.  X axis is in
dollars for the days of the week, Y axis is date.  I do not have figures for
each day for the X axis, so my data points will not connect.   Below is an
example of my data.  Any help is appreciated.  Thank you!

Date	Monday	Tuesday	Wednesday   Thursday
12/1		$1,169
12/2			$521
12/3				$2,321
12/4
12/5
12/6
12/7	$3,317
12/8		$2,791
12/9			$776
12/10				$4,772
12/11
12/12
12/13
12/14	$1,391
12/15		$1,501
12/16			$1,322
12/17				$3,688
12/18
12/19
12/20
12/21	$4,403
12/22		$1,415
12/23			$1,327
12/24
12/25
12/26
12/27
12/28	$1,885
12/29		$1,768
12/30			$376
12/31

Does chart have to be set up in way you propose?

Could it be a column chart with dates along the horizontal axis and USD
amounts up the vertical axis?

Are you specifically looking for a Line Chart?

"CLR" wrote:

> I'm trying to show connecting lines between data points.  X axis is in
> dollars for the days of the week, Y axis is date.  I do not have figures for
> each day for the X axis, so my data points will not connect.   Below is an
> example of my data.  Any help is appreciated.  Thank you!
>
> Date	Monday	Tuesday	Wednesday   Thursday
> 12/1		$1,169
> 12/2			$521
> 12/3				$2,321
> 12/4
> 12/5
> 12/6
> 12/7	$3,317
> 12/8		$2,791
> 12/9			$776
> 12/10				$4,772
> 12/11
> 12/12
> 12/13
> 12/14	$1,391
> 12/15		$1,501
> 12/16			$1,322
> 12/17				$3,688
> 12/18
> 12/19
> 12/20
> 12/21	$4,403
> 12/22		$1,415
> 12/23			$1,327
> 12/24
> 12/25
> 12/26
> 12/27
> 12/28	$1,885
> 12/29		$1,768
> 12/30			$376
> 12/31

Yes, it needs to be a line chart.

"trip_to_tokyo" wrote:

> Does chart have to be set up in way you propose?
>
> Could it be a column chart with dates along the horizontal axis and USD
> amounts up the vertical axis?
>
> Are you specifically looking for a Line Chart?
>

> "CLR" wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to show connecting lines between data points.  X axis is in
> > dollars for the days of the week, Y axis is date.  I do not have figures for
> > each day for the X axis, so my data points will not connect.   Below is an
> > example of my data.  Any help is appreciated.  Thank you!
> >
> > Date	Monday	Tuesday	Wednesday   Thursday
> > 12/1		$1,169
> > 12/2			$521
> > 12/3				$2,321
> > 12/4
> > 12/5
> > 12/6
> > 12/7	$3,317
> > 12/8		$2,791
> > 12/9			$776
> > 12/10				$4,772
> > 12/11
> > 12/12
> > 12/13
> > 12/14	$1,391
> > 12/15		$1,501
> > 12/16			$1,322
> > 12/17				$3,688
> > 12/18
> > 12/19
> > 12/20
> > 12/21	$4,403
> > 12/22		$1,415
> > 12/23			$1,327
> > 12/24
> > 12/25
> > 12/26
> > 12/27
> > 12/28	$1,885
> > 12/29		$1,768
> > 12/30			$376
> > 12/31

Money 2007 and on-line updates
I'm an italia user of Money 2007 and I want to disable all the on-line updates of the program (when I start I and when I open the investment and other tab of the program), because the updates haven't italian investment? How it is possible? Thanks in advance -- -�- Gibrus -�- In microsoft.public.money, Gibrus wrote: >I'm an italia user of Money 2007 and I want to disable all the on-line >updates of the program (when I start I and when I open the investment >and other tab of the program), because the updates haven't italian >investment? >How it is possi...

Neat Lines in Visio
I am trying to create a UML diagram using visio 2003. On one of my diagrams I have an Actor (stick man) and a number of Use Cases (ovals). I have connected the Actor to the Use cases using straight lines. I want to change the lines to Right angle lines. When I do this the points at which the angles appear in the lines seems arbitrary and it looks very untidy. When I try to move the sections of line to make them neater the line seems to develop another joint and the whole thing looks a mess. Ive managed to get one of the drawing looking OK but it took me an age. Is there a quick w...

Re: Removing Access External Data Queries from Excel
oops, forgot something for each n in sheets("sheet1").NAMES n.delete next -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Don Guillett" <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:... > With external queries to yahoo finance, etc I delete the names in > insert>name>define. > > for each n in sheets("sheet1") > n.delete > next > > -- > Don Guillett > Microsoft MVP Excel > SalesAid Software > dguillett1@austin.rr.com > "Michael Kintner" <michaelkintner@nospam...

LIne chart problem
I'm trying to set up a simple supply and demand chart in Excel 2007. I've done this many times with past versions but can't get this to work in 2007. Basically I want the price of the product on the y-axis (can't MS call it that, please?) then supply to run upward with the number of products on the x-axis and demand to run downward. I can't get the price on the y-axis no matter what I try. I've looked everywhere online, but switch row/column and using a secondary axis don't work. This should be so simple. Argh! -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Fru...

cannot filter continuous form data
Hi all, On a continuous form, I have a command button that opens up a new form with the linked data from the previous form. So it appears next to every record, with the purpose of filtering that record and displaying it on the subsequent form in muchh greater detail. Except it's only ever opening up the first record in the table, not the one that's linked... Any clues anyone? Here's the code: Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "FrmCallContacts2" stLinkCriteria = "[CallID]=" & Me![CallI...

Delete Contract Lines
Hi Guys Is their a way to delete contract lines from a contract that is in a draft status? If not what is the best way forward when a contract line has been inserted that should not be their? Thanks ...

Show Variance between 2 lines in Graph
Hello! Is there a way within Excel in which I am able to show the difference between 2 sets of data in a graph? I have 2 sets of Data, one of which is the baseline, and the other is "where we are today". I have it all graphed out but I would like to show, in the graph, the difference between the baseline and "where we are today" lines. Thanks! Hi, By 'show the difference' do you mean shade between? If so see Jon Peltier's article on the subject. http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=590 Cheers Andy iamamonkeysoareyou@gmail.com wro...

Yes/No data field help
Hello- I have several fields in Access that are Yes/No data types but I want them to be 0,1 in the TABLE and have a check box in the Form. How do I do this? When I choose the Yes/No Data Type in the table it defaults to the checkbox but I am guessing I can change this to text I still get yes and no when I do Combo box I can change the choices to 0,1 but I am unsure then how to change the combo box to a checkbox in the form. Thanks! If the datatype is YES/NO then you can just delete the combo box and then drag and drop a checkbox on to your form. Then, in the checkbox's record...

Cant get grid lines on worksheet
I can't get the grid lines to work on my worksheet. I fill in the box to show grid lines on the options but they don't come up. Am I doing something wrong or is there somewhere else I need to check? Thanks for any help. Have you shaded the cells? If you have, you may want to use borders and draw your lines where you want them. "W. Wells" wrote: > > I can't get the grid lines to work on my worksheet. I fill in the box to > show grid lines on the options but they don't come up. Am I doing something > wrong or is there somewhere else I need to check?...

SBS Connectivity issues
Experiencing intermittent delays and dropped connections to Small Business Server. Config is: SBS2003 SP2 (all current patches) running on HP ML110 server; 4 PCs onsite - 3 used by onsite staff; 1 used by remote user to access server via RWW. Users run basic Office apps, Outlook, Quickbooks, internet access. Also have an Avaya VIOP phone system (4 phones) on the network. Everything has been in place for almost 4 years. Having more frequent connectivity issues. Onsite PCs show delays in Outlook connecting to Exchange ('Trying to connect ...). Remote user reports...

Import data from MAS 90
I have two worksheets 1) Data Summary 2) EC_GrossHours Data Summary sheet contains SS#, Name, etc... EC_GrossHours that contais SSN and other empolyee payroll data imported from MAS 90. Is there a way to format the record that gets imported into excel from Microsoft Query. All my social security numbers get imported as text (I think) and I have to copy an empty cell and paste special|add to get the my VLOOKUP function (See below on Data Summary Worksheet)to work correctly. =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,EC_GrossHoursLookup,8,0)),0,VLOOKUP(A2,EC_GrossHoursLookup,8,0)) A2 = SSN formatted as text EC_Gro...

protecting outlined data
I want to be able to use the expand/collapse function in outlines when the worksheet is protected. Copy this macro in a normal module It will run automatic when you open the workbook You can also use the workbook open event Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="rbelecki", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True End With End Sub Look in the VBA help for more information about protect(userinterfaceonly) -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "rbelecki" <rbelecki@l...

Line Drawing Between Separated Data Points ?
Hello: Have a chart made from a table that has bolood pressure readings as a function of dates. Some dates are skipped. The chart generated now connects a line between all the dates points that are there, sequentially, irrespective of whether there are points for all the (daily) dates. Is it possible for the generated chart to have the line missing for dates for which there is no data, and then to resume connecting the dots between actual data ponts ? Graph looks funny for data points connected for each day, which is what I want of course, and then a line connecting two points perhap...

Data source name not found and no default driver specified 01-02-08
I have created an exe that uses an Access database on a CD as a data source. Obviously, we can't be sure we can create a DSN on the user's machine, so we use a DSN'less connection. The CD was released almost two years ago, but now I have a user reporting that the database gives this error when the program attempts to retrieve records: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified I'm not sure what to make of this, since I'm not using a DSN. I had her download the MDAC Component Checker, and she reports her version info...

Charting Time Series Data
I want to replicate the graph format shown in the first graph of the following article: [url="http://www.dmreview.com/article_sub.cfm?articleId=1031173"] I think this format would work well for my purposes, though my data is slightly different: Campaign/ Tracking Period /Mail or Control/ Response Rate Jan 30-days Mail 1.25% Jan 30-days Control 0.15% Jan 60-days Mail 2.39% Jan 60-days Control 0.41% Feb 30-days Mail 1.50% Feb 30-days Control 0.25% Feb 60-days Mail 3.71% Feb 60-days Control 0.98% I'd like to have "columns" of line graphs where each column ...

ODBC Connection Not Connecting
I am using the below code to 1) automatically connect to a Microsoft ODBC for Oracle connection called "FIN_CUR" and 2) run an query on a linked table in FIN_CUR The issue i am having is that the ODBC connect part of the script appears to be working, but when it goes to try to run the query I still get the popup prompting for user name and password to make the connection to the ODBC. I have verify that the user name and password are correct, but don't know what I am missing. Here is my code Public Sub OraConnect() Dim strErr As String On Error GoTo...

Reports and empty lines
How do I manage to not leave an empty line if the field is empty. For example I have : Name Address Apartment City Province Now if the Apartment filed is empty I do not want an empty line. I want the City line at it's place or to move up. How do I do that ? Thank you -- eric Set the Can Shrink property to Yes. -- Build a little, test a little. "ericb" wrote: > How do I manage to not leave an empty line if the field is empty. > > For example I have : > Name > Address > Apartment > City > Province > > Now i...

Simultaneous socket connections. Is there a limit?
My client wants me to write an application that maintains 30 or 40 simultaneous socket connections to different hardware devices. For each device the throughput requirements are very small since only some small packets are sent occasionally at random intervals. Is there a simultaneous limit? 30 or 40 is far more then I have ever done. I don't want any surprises. Is there a limit? I assume XP Professional would handle this. Correct? Would XP Home be any different? My laptop has XP home. To certain incoming ports, its 10, although there are several cracks out their to remove this...

Outlook Win98SE Trying to Connect to Server time out. IBM 390E & Rogers.com
I have loaded Win98SE and Office 97 on an IBM 390E laptop using IBM Etherjet 10/100 network card connected to a D- Link 714P+ 4-port wire&wireless cable router. Network file transfers work fine, IE 6 works fine. Outlook often hangs when it loads and trys to connect to the (Rogers.com) server to download email messages. I contacted Rogers tech support and all settings are correct. If I take the router out of the loop and connect directly to the cable modem - Outlooks works like a charm & fast downloading of messages. I have 3 other PCs connected on the LAN and all work fine...

VPN can't connect to workstations
I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server shares with no problem. My problem is that it cannot connect to the workstations . Would appreciate any input on that. "john" <johnbahran@hotmail.com> said this in news item news:b4419f87-386b-41de-876a-e3546096ecc2@c34g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ > Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server > shares with no problem. My problem is ...

server connect
When I first start up Outlook 2003, it contacts the mail server and everything is hunky-doory. However, when attempting to next access the mail account by the send/receive access or in background, it indicates that it cannot locate the server and gives me error (0x80004210A). This error number is not consistent other than for the 0x800 portion. The location does not change, so how can it find it initially, and not later on? I'm confused. What type of mail server? POP3, IMAP, Exchange, HTTP, Other...? Does the same happen when you disable your firewall and/or virusscanner (integra...

IMAP: A connection to the server cannot be established
I have Outlook 2007 Installed on Two Separate PCs. One has Vista installed, and the other, Windows 7. McAfee Security Center is the Anti-Virus software unstalled on both PCs. I have setup 2 IMAP Accounts on each PC and can only get the ones on the Vista Box to work correctly. This is the error I keep getting on the Windows 7 Box: Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for [my-email-account].' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for [my-email-account]. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this ...

Chart
Hello, I created a line column chart on 2 axis. I have four data sets. The first 3 should go on the primary Y axis as columns and the 4th should go on the secondary Y axis as a line. However, Excel wants to automatically put both the 3rd and 4th data sets on the secondary axis as lines. I cannot find any command to change the 3rd data set to go onto the primary axis as a column. Any suggestions would be most appreciated! -Patty On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:27:33 -0800, Patty = <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I created a line column chart on 2 ...