connecting two chart lines

Hi.
I have two data series which represent declining balances
for a home loan. At some point I transfer the balance in
series1 to series2. So Series1 stops at its last balance.
Series2 will jump vertically, because it has the balance
from series1 added to it. Then series2 once again
continues with a declining balance. My question is how do
I create a vertical line to join series1 with
series2.Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

Bob -

You could add a third series with only two points, the endpoints of the
two series. If it is really a vertical line, you could also use an error
bar of the appropriate length on one of the endpoints. You need to enter
all zeros in a range, except for the cell corresponding to the error bar
having a formula providing the difference between the formulas. Add
error bars to one series, clicking in the Custom + or - box (whichever
shows it the correct way), selecting the range described above for the
error bar values.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

bob wrote:
> Hi.
> I have two data series which represent declining balances
> for a home loan. At some point I transfer the balance in
> series1 to series2. So Series1 stops at its last balance.
> Series2 will jump vertically, because it has the balance
> from series1 added to it. Then series2 once again
> continues with a declining balance. My question is how do
> I create a vertical line to join series1 with
> series2.Thanks

Thankyou very much.
I 'll play with the error bars.

0
anonymous (74722)

Lookup 2nd & last match with two conditions
Hello, I've a table below, I would like to setup a query which could return a value showing the 2nd match and last match in the next column. Thank in advance for anyone great help. cheers Billy Column B C D 1st 2nd Row criteria criteria Value 3 A Y 1 4 B Y 2 5 C Y 3 6 A Y 4 7 B X 5 8 C Y 6 9 D X 7 10 A Y 8 11 B Y 9 12 C X 10 query 1 query 2 1st criteria A C 2nd criteria Y Y nth of match 2 last Result 4 6 ...

Pivot Charts
Hi all, I'd like my pivot chart to do 2 things: 1) If I select an item from one of my page field dropdowns, I'd like the dropdown items on another page field to filter according to what was selected. Example: if the first page field is "Teams" and I choose a team from the list, I want the other page field "Players" to offer only the players from that team. Possible? 2) I used the macro recorder to automatically replace one data item in the pivot chart with another. Example (football): I assigned a macro to a button called "Pass Attempts", which will...

Cant get grid lines on worksheet
I can't get the grid lines to work on my worksheet. I fill in the box to show grid lines on the options but they don't come up. Am I doing something wrong or is there somewhere else I need to check? Thanks for any help. Have you shaded the cells? If you have, you may want to use borders and draw your lines where you want them. "W. Wells" wrote: > > I can't get the grid lines to work on my worksheet. I fill in the box to > show grid lines on the options but they don't come up. Am I doing something > wrong or is there somewhere else I need to check?...

comparing two columns? #2
I have two columns of phone numbers, one is column C and one is column D. I would like to take the numbers in column D and match them to the numbers in column C, removing the numbers that dont match. Can anyone help? Hi Steve Chip Pearson has a great page on working with duplicates ... http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm have a look down the bottom of the page for comparing lists -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "steve g via OfficeKB.com" <forum@nospam.OfficeKB.com> wrote in message news:7fe142636f88...

SBS Connectivity issues
Experiencing intermittent delays and dropped connections to Small Business Server. Config is: SBS2003 SP2 (all current patches) running on HP ML110 server; 4 PCs onsite - 3 used by onsite staff; 1 used by remote user to access server via RWW. Users run basic Office apps, Outlook, Quickbooks, internet access. Also have an Avaya VIOP phone system (4 phones) on the network. Everything has been in place for almost 4 years. Having more frequent connectivity issues. Onsite PCs show delays in Outlook connecting to Exchange ('Trying to connect ...). Remote user reports...

Chart Callouts
Is it possible to insert a callout or other object into a chart and hav it be linked to a particular point. i.e. I'd like to note certai changes in a time based trend, and I'd like the callout to remai linked to a point, so that when I update the trend monthly, it remain attached to the point in the trend rather than just staying in the sam physical location. Is this possible? Help would be greatly appreciated -- MD ----------------------------------------------------------------------- MDK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1635 View th...

Line Drawing Between Separated Data Points ?
Hello: Have a chart made from a table that has bolood pressure readings as a function of dates. Some dates are skipped. The chart generated now connects a line between all the dates points that are there, sequentially, irrespective of whether there are points for all the (daily) dates. Is it possible for the generated chart to have the line missing for dates for which there is no data, and then to resume connecting the dots between actual data ponts ? Graph looks funny for data points connected for each day, which is what I want of course, and then a line connecting two points perhap...

Two e-mail accounts, but the wrong one appears to be the default
I have two e-mail accounts. Let's call them a@whatsup.com and b@whatsup.com. I used to use a@whatsup.com for along time. Now, I want to use b@whatsup.com as my regular e-mail address. I've gone to Tools/Account settings and set b@whatsup.com as my default e-mail account. This works when I'm sending new mail, but when I reply, it seems to always reply using the a@whatsup.com and I have to select the b@whatsup.com from the account button. How can I make b@whatsup.com the default e-mail account when replying without deleting a@whatsup.com altogether? Thank you, Bi...

Charting Time Series Data
I want to replicate the graph format shown in the first graph of the following article: [url="http://www.dmreview.com/article_sub.cfm?articleId=1031173"] I think this format would work well for my purposes, though my data is slightly different: Campaign/ Tracking Period /Mail or Control/ Response Rate Jan 30-days Mail 1.25% Jan 30-days Control 0.15% Jan 60-days Mail 2.39% Jan 60-days Control 0.41% Feb 30-days Mail 1.50% Feb 30-days Control 0.25% Feb 60-days Mail 3.71% Feb 60-days Control 0.98% I'd like to have "columns" of line graphs where each column ...

ODBC Connection Not Connecting
I am using the below code to 1) automatically connect to a Microsoft ODBC for Oracle connection called "FIN_CUR" and 2) run an query on a linked table in FIN_CUR The issue i am having is that the ODBC connect part of the script appears to be working, but when it goes to try to run the query I still get the popup prompting for user name and password to make the connection to the ODBC. I have verify that the user name and password are correct, but don't know what I am missing. Here is my code Public Sub OraConnect() Dim strErr As String On Error GoTo...

Reports and empty lines
How do I manage to not leave an empty line if the field is empty. For example I have : Name Address Apartment City Province Now if the Apartment filed is empty I do not want an empty line. I want the City line at it's place or to move up. How do I do that ? Thank you -- eric Set the Can Shrink property to Yes. -- Build a little, test a little. "ericb" wrote: > How do I manage to not leave an empty line if the field is empty. > > For example I have : > Name > Address > Apartment > City > Province > > Now i...

make column headings automatically appear as axis chart labels
if i highlight a range (say two columns ) of data and i have the first col as 'x' values with the data type as a column heading eg 'length (metres)' and the 2nd column as say 'weight (kilograms)', can I get Excel to automatically use these upper cells as axis labels when i insert a chart? Not automatically but you can link a chart title (axis or main) to a cell by selecting the title, typing = in the formula bar and clicking the cell to generate a reference such as =Sheet1!$A$1 best wishes -- Bernard Liengme http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme Microsoft Ex...

Simultaneous socket connections. Is there a limit?
My client wants me to write an application that maintains 30 or 40 simultaneous socket connections to different hardware devices. For each device the throughput requirements are very small since only some small packets are sent occasionally at random intervals. Is there a simultaneous limit? 30 or 40 is far more then I have ever done. I don't want any surprises. Is there a limit? I assume XP Professional would handle this. Correct? Would XP Home be any different? My laptop has XP home. To certain incoming ports, its 10, although there are several cracks out their to remove this...

Outlook Win98SE Trying to Connect to Server time out. IBM 390E & Rogers.com
I have loaded Win98SE and Office 97 on an IBM 390E laptop using IBM Etherjet 10/100 network card connected to a D- Link 714P+ 4-port wire&wireless cable router. Network file transfers work fine, IE 6 works fine. Outlook often hangs when it loads and trys to connect to the (Rogers.com) server to download email messages. I contacted Rogers tech support and all settings are correct. If I take the router out of the loop and connect directly to the cable modem - Outlooks works like a charm & fast downloading of messages. I have 3 other PCs connected on the LAN and all work fine...

Sync two drop down lists
Hi, could somebody please help me out with this problem. Let's say that I have two sheets and an identical drop box list on both of these sheets. That is, both drop boxes give the user the same/ identical choices of selectable alternatives. I want these boxes to be in sync: if the user selects "apples" on one sheet... the drop box on the other sheet should automatically change to "apples" as well. As the user may initialize the change on any of the two sheets, the sync needs to work both ways (always updating according to the latest change). Can this be done using lis...

VPN can't connect to workstations
I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server shares with no problem. My problem is that it cannot connect to the workstations . Would appreciate any input on that. "john" <johnbahran@hotmail.com> said this in news item news:b4419f87-386b-41de-876a-e3546096ecc2@c34g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ > Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server > shares with no problem. My problem is ...

Column Chart #3
Hi All, Can someone please tell me how to put the label on the bar ? I can show only the value or only the label but would like to show both. I am sure the gurus over here can help. I want to show the label on the bar itself(vertical) on top of the bar in different color. see e.g (Thats the best I can do :-) |t| |t| |i| |i| |t| |t| |l| |l| |e| |e| |1| |2| Thanks in advance Andy Bonsour� I'm not � guru... so much tricks I found there ... I suppose guru sometimes are tired ??? ;o))) my solution : http://cjoint.com/?loaOUzacaC regards Andy wrote: > Hi All, > Can...

Add two expressions ?
Hello! I do have this, which works just fine: c4=COUNTIF(Sheet1!S2:S300;"Yes") But I would like to increase the formula with also this: (Sheet1!A2:A300;"Sweden") So, how do I use both of them please? (&&, AND or something simula maybe?) Thanks a lot in advance ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com =SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!S2:S300="Yes")*(Sheet1!A2:A300="Sweden")) -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out acros...

server connect
When I first start up Outlook 2003, it contacts the mail server and everything is hunky-doory. However, when attempting to next access the mail account by the send/receive access or in background, it indicates that it cannot locate the server and gives me error (0x80004210A). This error number is not consistent other than for the 0x800 portion. The location does not change, so how can it find it initially, and not later on? I'm confused. What type of mail server? POP3, IMAP, Exchange, HTTP, Other...? Does the same happen when you disable your firewall and/or virusscanner (integra...

How Do I Delete one of two personal folders listed in Outlook
Hi, in my folders list I have two sets of personal folders. I want delete one folder. How Do I Delete one of two personal folders listed in Outlook Later, Ray That would depend on your Outlook version and what you did to acquire two sets of folders. As long as you haven't corrupted your profile, just R click and close the non-default folder. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "roadracer" <roadracer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F189F38-EEB4-4335-BE19-32506532FFEE@microsoft.com... > Hi, in my folders list I have two sets of personal folders. I wan...

IMAP: A connection to the server cannot be established
I have Outlook 2007 Installed on Two Separate PCs. One has Vista installed, and the other, Windows 7. McAfee Security Center is the Anti-Virus software unstalled on both PCs. I have setup 2 IMAP Accounts on each PC and can only get the ones on the Vista Box to work correctly. This is the error I keep getting on the Windows 7 Box: Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for [my-email-account].' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for [my-email-account]. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this ...

Hotmail connection
I'm new to Microsoft Outlook, and want to view and send email using Microsoft Outlook. I have used Hotmail for quite a while, and am looking for a method of "re-routing". (?) I played around with the configurations, but still could not connect to my hotmail accout through Outlook. Can any one help? Thanks. Which version of Outlook? Microsoft(R) Outlook(R) (9.0.0.2711) Internet Mail Only Copyright (c) 1995-1999 Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved. "miker67@gmail.com" wrote: > Which version of Outlook? > > zephyrus17 <zephyrus17@discussions.micros...

Excell - organization chart
Is it possible when working in an Excell organizational chart to attach a co-worker to the top level as when their are co-directors. I cannot find a way to do this. At the top level, the co-worker selection is not available, only the assistant or subordinate. did your try microsoft organisation chart 2.. Insert object and check microsoft organisation chart 2.0 . Here two managers are possible mine excel 2000 codirector to top level of org chart <codirector to top level of org chart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C109C8A8-FBC3-44A1-B675-2620C9EB3A68@microsof...