combined line-column excel chart

How can I choose which series will be plotted as lines and which ones will be
plotted as bars?
0
Castro (3)

Hi,

Select one of the series and right click. Pick Chart Type from the
context menu and select the appropriate chart type.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Excel 2003- Tabbing to a specific location in a cell
I have created a template and I want to be able to fill in parts of the template by just tabbing and the cursor to move to the next cell...and to a specific area in the cell...how do i set up my template to do this? THanks so much unlock the cells you want to tab to. leave the other cells protected. then protected the sheet. -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "monty the magician" <monty the magician@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD3728D8-E730-407E-B58A-FED2C6D9EA8A@microsoft.com... >I have created a template and I want to be able to f...

Mails Combined
HI, I mistakenly delete all mails from Inbox and then found them on the deleted Items and selected all and ask to move folders back to Inbox. the problem is all mails were combined into one email and moved back in to Inbox as a single email. How do i go back to the original version. How do i uncombined all the mails in to individual mails from the right recipient? Please help ASAP.. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com ...

Open .xls (Excel project) from windows application
Hi, I have a solution with some projects. I try to open a .xls in a excel project from windows application project. Note that this solution is in ClickOnce and i dont know the path of the file. how i know the path? thanks, and sorry for my english :| Excel automation and COM interopability -Aaron Roberto wrote: > Hi, > > I have a solution with some projects. I try to open a .xls in a excel > project from windows application project. Note that this solution is in > ClickOnce and i dont know the path of the file. > > how i know the path? > > thanks, and sorr...

Adding numbers in columns with letters
I need a little help. How do you add up the values of numbers in column which has letters next to the numbers. I have a column o numbers, but the letters "mb" are a space bar away from the numbers. Everytime I use the function to add the numbers I get a value of zero. Could anyone please help me out? Thanks in advance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Assuming you mean the "numbers" all end with " mb", e.g. "123 mb", you can add a "Helper" column containing a formula like this: =--LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-3) Copy down as far as...

merge/combine workshhets
I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis - all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of rows Try this Jeff http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jeff224" <Jeff224@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6790506-2888-4F4D-80EA-BB0D9F9B27A2@microsoft.com... >I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis - > all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of > rows Or http://www.rondebru...

import excel spreadsheet without empty rows (causing nulls)
Hi. I am trying to import an excel file into access. The import goes fine or so I thought. When I opened the table it had all my excel data plus over 9000 null valued records.So instead of getting a record set number of 200 records, I got over 9200. I have re imported the table after deleting empty rows (<-it felt pointless because there was nothing that I was deleting, I just figured there was something hidden) in the spreadsheet but it did the same thing. Is there something that attaches to the spreadsheet that causes null records? Please let me know if you know what has happened. Thank...

Purchasing Error: You can't change the status of this line item; it has unposted receipts assigned to it.
User is trying to close a PO. Goes into Edit PO Status window and searched on PO, and returns two line items (two different receipts). First item has status of Released. Tries to change to Closed, and gets error: You can't change the stauts of the line item; it has unposted receipts assigned to it. Have searched through interface and SQL, and cannot locate any unposted receipts for this PO/item. Noticed that the qty on the original PO for this line item is 32 and qty on receipt is 31 (not sure if relevant or not). Have also Check Links on Purchasing module, but did not resolve. Any su...

Finding the combination that appears more times
Hi everybody i have a list on excel 2007 that displays the purchase of items on columns A:E, each column showing one (1) item I want to find what combination of items appears more times, especifically, which combination of four (4) is the favorite mix eg: A B C D F A C D E F B C D E F B C D F Z in this example, the winner would be (B, C, D, E) as it appears 3 times the main problem is that I have over 1,000 rows and trying with =SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(A1:E1,$N$1:$R$1)) por each combination would take forever... is there a simpler, quicker ...

Combining 2 Excel (xls) files
I have 2 xls workbooks with different sheet names and both with different range names. I would like to combine them both into one workbook so that I don't have to re-create all of the range names. Is there a way to do that? -- LAF ------------------------------------------------------------------------ LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9656 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=346017 Hi LAF- Open both files (let's call them A & B, and assume A will be your "combined" file). Working i...

Combining Publications
Can I combine two different publications into one? Suzi wrote: > Can I combine two different publications into one? ========================================= Personally, I would simply open two instances of Publisher (one document in each) / tile the two screens...and copy/paste. Maybe the following link will be useful: Combining Publisher Documents http://tinyurl.com/2lpj5w -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that wo...

How do you force another line in a text box?
When using text boxes. how do you force another line when character spacing reaches a certain point. A text box is a single line. Full stop. A text area will automatically wrap when the user types to the end of the visible space - this does not, however, add a line feed. To add a line feed after a preset number of characters, as I said in an earlier post, you need server side scripting which parses the data, and adds the line feed at the required intervals. Of course, this is complicated by needing to account for spaces between words - and avoiding the line feed in the middl...

How do I unwrap text to columns?
I have a spreadsheet where the addresses have been saved as wrapped text in one column. I want to spilt the addresses into columns as Address1, Address2 etc but I can't enter the wrap character (which I think is ALT+ENTER) as a delimiter in the Text to Columns wizard. I have also tried search and replace but again Excel will not recognise ALT+ENTER as a delimiter Any ideas much appreciated! Thanks Re-format the column to eliminate the wrap.............then use Data > TextToColumns with Alt010 (from the keypad) as the delimiter Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "ChristineR&...

Can't divide the columns by twelve anymore

How to Combine Data in Different Columns
Hi Everyone I need help in this issue. I have tried many ways though some wer successful but they were not efficient. I have say 5 columns of data and the data could be on the same rows o all 5 columns or on different rows hence if I need to combine all th data of these 5 columns, I would have to sort or filter each of the manually and copy and paste to a different worksheet or column. This i very tedious and time consuming. I also tried to write a macro to loo for data in one column then put them into another column but i was no successful. However, experts like you guys shouldn't have ...

XML int column duplication & column alphabetizing
I have an XML file saved as a .xls file. It was dynamically created i VB.NET through a web app, pulling data from a SQL Server database (i that makes a difference). Here are my 2 problems: When I open the file in Excel 2002, it duplicates every column that ha only integers in it, adding a *#agg* to the duplicate column title. don't want the columns duplicated (obviously). The second issue is that it is alphebetizing my columns. I don't wan them alphebetized. I want them in the order in which they are listed. Here is my XML code. You could simply cut and paste this into a blan text ...

Install Excel only in Office SP 1
I installed Office Standard Edition 2003 SP 1 recently but did not elect to install Excel as part of it -- now I find I need Excel and would like some guidance as to how to install it. There are two discs as part of the Office 2003, one has "Product Key Required" on it and the other "Service Pack 1" on it. Otherwise, the disks are largely identical. Thanks for any guidance. John what operating system? to to control panel, add remove programs or programs in vista/win7. select the office installation and select change. add excel. you may or may not ev...

combinations
I have a finite number of values that represent length (right now I have less than 20 values). Can Excel take these values and list all possible combinations of the values? Any pointers appreciated. Stephen R. Stephen, No. There are 2,432,902,008,176,640,000 possible ways to combine 20 different values. That is, unless you have another limitation, like only using 4 at a time.... HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Stephen R" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:u9ZiYhOeFHA.1456@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I have a finite number of values that represent length (right...

How do I hide an Excel module or macro from other users
I wish to hide and protect Excel macros from other users. I am using Excel 2000. thank you Alt+F11 while in the workbook of interest. VBA window opens. in the lef side pane, titled Project, look for a section that contains the filenam of interest. it should be there as VBAProject (filename). right clic there, go to VBAProject Properties in the resulting context menu. go t Protection tab. lock project for viewing and provide passwords. this protection is flimsy, it can be cracked with a little effort. bu its good enough for a novice user -- icestationzbr ----------------------------------...

Command Line Interface
Hi, I have a rather peculiar problem, I need to impliement a command-line style interface into my MFC dialog program which can output, read / write strings etc. The thing is the functions I need to step them through are extensive, and do need to be written in C++ function forms, in effect I need to write a console app, within a dialog app, and have the console as part of the dialog window. Does anyone have any idea's how I could impliment such an interface? I understand this may be pretty vuage, - MR Read the second question in http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/04/0...

Combine 2 Charts 2007 Excel
I have a line chart (looks like an S curve graph) with two rows of data below & this chart looks exactly like I want it to. Period % Complete Dec-04 7% Jan-05 9% Feb-05 10% Mar-05 12% Apr-05 14% May-05 19% Jun-05 22% Jul-05 23% Aug-05 24% Sep-05 26% Oct-05 28% Nov-05 32% Dec-05 36% Jan-06 40% Feb-06 45% Mar-06 50% Apr-06 55% May-06 59% Jun-06 63% Jul-06 66% Aug-06 71% Sep-06 75% Oct-06 78% Nov-06 81% Dec-06 85% Jan-07 87% Feb-07 89% Mar-07 91% Apr-07 93% May-07 94% Jun-07 94% Jul-07 95% Aug-07 95% Sep-07 95% Oct-07 95% Nov-07 95% Dec-07 95% Jan-08...

Clicking link minimizes Excel
Hi, This may be a really newbie question, but I haven't been able to find the solution on my own and am hoping someone here can help. Whenever I click a link to a Word document that exists within an Excel 2000 spreadsheet cell, Word opens as expected. When I'm done with Word and close it, I find that my Excel window has been minimized. I find this behavior to be quite annoying and am wondering if there's anything I can do to maintain my pre-click Excel window status. Thanks. Mark I'm not sure that this applied to xl2k, but I think with xl97, you could make a minor ...

Hiding lines in detail
Hi, I'd like to hide a line when a field from a query = a 0 or IS NULL. Meaning: Client_name Bill# Total Joe Brown 123456 $1.500 (this line should appear) Joe Brown (this line shouldn't appear) HOWTO do it? TIA Ana Access 2003 Ana wrote: > Hi, > I'd like to hide a line when a field from a query = a 0 or IS NULL. > Meaning: > Client_name Bill# Total > Joe Brown 123456 $1.500 (this line should appear) > Joe Brown (this line shouldn't appear) > > HOWTO do it? > TIA > Ana > Acce...

averaging a column
I have a column with different values >.02 <4 <.05 4 >1 <1 How can I total & average these? Also how can I enter a >4 value in a column & not have it reconized as math formula? Thanks, Derrell ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Derrel Maybe I'm just missing something here. You can average and sum only numerical values. You can't average inequalities. It doesn't make sense If you want to enter >4 in a ...

I don't want row 1 as the column headings
This seems like a simple matter but I cannot find the answer anywhere. I have typed my column headings in and they appear along row 1. I don't want the headings to be row 1 I want row one for entering the first row of data. How do I make row 1 truly row 1 and not the column headings. I am not asking how to make the row appear across each page, I have that already. thanks in advance. You can not change the column headings (except to numbers). However, you can use your col headings on row 1 and hide the row/column headings. But, they are still there. -- Don Guillett Micr...

Excel Upgrade question
We are using MS Office 2000 Professional. We would like to upgrade only the Excel 2000 to 2003. Can we just upgrade Excel without upgrading the whole MS Office suite? If so, should we expect any conflicts when we run MS Word 2000, PowerPoint 2000, etc or can Excel run nicely on it's own? Our systems are 2 year old XP Pro and Home versions. Thanks for any informative response. -- ADArnold ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ADArnold's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=12106 View this thread: http://www.excelf...