Combine columns of data into one

Hi, I want to combine columns of data into one, e.g.
to combine column 1, 2 and 3 into column 4

column 1    column 2   column 3   column 4
1               a               i               1
2               b               ii              a
3               c               iii              i
4               d               iv             2
5               e               v              b
6               f                vi             ii
7               g               vii            3

Thanks in advance.
0
Naruto (2)

I should put the message under other catergory.
Sorry about that.
0
Naruto (2)
12/17/2007 7:17:00 AM
In your empyt column:

= A1 & B1 & C1 & .......

If you want a space or character in between:

= A1 & "-" &  B1 & "-" & C1 & "-" & .......

Thanks,
Roger
"Naruto" wrote:

> Hi, I want to combine columns of data into one, e.g.
> to combine column 1, 2 and 3 into column 4
>
> column 1    column 2   column 3   column 4
> 1               a               i               1
> 2               b               ii              a
> 3               c               iii              i
> 4               d               iv             2
> 5               e               v              b
> 6               f                vi             ii
> 7               g               vii            3
>
> Thanks in advance.

Text to columns question
I have some data in the following format: Number firstname lastname schoolname The first three fields are one word each. Schoolname can be more than one word. I'm trying to parse the data using the data -> Text to Columns wizard, but I cannot figure out how to tell the wizard that there are only 4 space delimited columns in my data and not 5 for those instances where the schoolname is two words. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. On Jan 22, 9:50 am, MikeB <MPBr...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have some data in the following format: > > Number firstname lastname schoolname >...

How do I bring page from one file into the other?
How do i bring a page from one publisher file into the other? I try copy/paste but it doesnt seem to copy the text along with the text boxes. Ill highlight everything, copy, go to new document, paste, and everything pastes but the text boxes are all empty. Is there any more "normal" way to do this? Are the text boxes linked to other text boxes? If they are, break the link, the text will still be there. Copy/paste again and then re-link. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9F73A4D-8FC4-4935-8...

BETWEEN function in Excel? (is there one)?
I just realized I inadvertently posted the following to the Mac/Excel group. I know x-posting is not desirable/necessary, but I'm using Windows and thought the mac group might have less traffic. Thanks. ***************************************************************************= ************* The short story: does excel have any function that can tell me whether a value is between two other values? It seems like this is a pretty basic one (easy to do from a programming point of view) as well as very useful, so I'm surprised that excep doesn't seem to have it. I have needed t...

How can I create a chart to compare multiple data series?
Using Excel, is there a way to merge multiple charts with different data series into one to demonstrate a direct comparison of the data series within one single chart. I've got 4 charts of the stacked column type. magnoliak77 Tufte calls them small multiples, Cleveland calls them trellis displays. I call them panel charts. Take a look at the examples on this page. http://processtrends.com/toc_panel_charts.htm Another option is to stick with your 4 charts, however, you can size and align them. Here's a link to a simple macro that sizes and aligns all charts on a single sheet....

Mails Combined
HI, I mistakenly delete all mails from Inbox and then found them on the deleted Items and selected all and ask to move folders back to Inbox. the problem is all mails were combined into one email and moved back in to Inbox as a single email. How do i go back to the original version. How do i uncombined all the mails in to individual mails from the right recipient? Please help ASAP.. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com ...

merge/combine workshhets
I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis - all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of rows Try this Jeff http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jeff224" <Jeff224@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6790506-2888-4F4D-80EA-BB0D9F9B27A2@microsoft.com... >I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis - > all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of > rows Or http://www.rondebru...

Adding numbers in columns with letters
I need a little help. How do you add up the values of numbers in column which has letters next to the numbers. I have a column o numbers, but the letters "mb" are a space bar away from the numbers. Everytime I use the function to add the numbers I get a value of zero. Could anyone please help me out? Thanks in advance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Assuming you mean the "numbers" all end with " mb", e.g. "123 mb", you can add a "Helper" column containing a formula like this: =--LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-3) Copy down as far as...

Finding the combination that appears more times
Hi everybody i have a list on excel 2007 that displays the purchase of items on columns A:E, each column showing one (1) item I want to find what combination of items appears more times, especifically, which combination of four (4) is the favorite mix eg: A B C D F A C D E F B C D E F B C D F Z in this example, the winner would be (B, C, D, E) as it appears 3 times the main problem is that I have over 1,000 rows and trying with =SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(A1:E1,$N$1:$R$1)) por each combination would take forever... is there a simpler, quicker ...

One use licence
I have purchased a one use student/teacher copy of Microsoft office 2007 from my colleges IT department. My laptop has recently developed a serious fault and will need to be replaced. I still have the disks and I was wondering, if i remove the program from my old laptop will i be able to install it on my new machine. If so what would I need to do? On 2/28/2010 8:05 AM, Mr Random101 wrote: > I have purchased a one use student/teacher copy of Microsoft office 2007 from > my colleges IT department. My laptop has recently developed a serious fault > and will need to be...

transfer of data
Is there a way to transfer data that is in outlook to an exce spreadsheet. I have name, address, city, state, zip, all phone numbers that I woul like to send to certain cells in a spreadsheet. If this is possible, what code could I write help me do this? :confused: Thank You Michae -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi in Outlook you can save your data as *.csv file. Open this exported file in Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "daniels012 >" <<daniels012.1byt7v@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:daniels012.1byt7v@excel...

Combining Publications
Can I combine two different publications into one? Suzi wrote: > Can I combine two different publications into one? ========================================= Personally, I would simply open two instances of Publisher (one document in each) / tile the two screens...and copy/paste. Maybe the following link will be useful: Combining Publisher Documents http://tinyurl.com/2lpj5w -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that wo...

How do I unwrap text to columns?
I have a spreadsheet where the addresses have been saved as wrapped text in one column. I want to spilt the addresses into columns as Address1, Address2 etc but I can't enter the wrap character (which I think is ALT+ENTER) as a delimiter in the Text to Columns wizard. I have also tried search and replace but again Excel will not recognise ALT+ENTER as a delimiter Any ideas much appreciated! Thanks Re-format the column to eliminate the wrap.............then use Data > TextToColumns with Alt010 (from the keypad) as the delimiter Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "ChristineR&...

Combining 2 Excel (xls) files
I have 2 xls workbooks with different sheet names and both with different range names. I would like to combine them both into one workbook so that I don't have to re-create all of the range names. Is there a way to do that? -- LAF ------------------------------------------------------------------------ LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9656 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=346017 Hi LAF- Open both files (let's call them A & B, and assume A will be your "combined" file). Working i...

Retrieve data from a new table
Can i create a new table, fill this with records, retrieve the information with a query and finally fill a field in a form with this information?. Thanks in CRM 3.0 you need to look at creating new entities ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Enrique Bravo" <EnriqueBravo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC16573A-122A-4679-A6F0-3EAEEDD72FAB@microsoft.com... > Can i create a new table, fill this with records, retrieve the information > with a query and finally fill a field in a form wi...

print 3 column range in six columns
I have an excel database with three columns as follows: Column: A B C Column Title: Tail # A/C Type Owner There are about 300 records in my database so when I print I have to either manually format my data into more (6) columns or print these three columns over multiple pages. If I format the worksheet manually to print 6 columns then I cannot sort or add records to the end of my list. I have to enter my new information and then cut/paste to the correct location. I would like to be able to continue entering my data in one lo...

Dragging by keeping the column the same
Hi, Can anybody help me? I have created a formula and I want to drag i horizontally but keeping the same column. I used $G3, but it is no working. Thanks for the help. Marco -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Marcos $G3 works fine for me, could you please copy & paste your exact formula (from the original cell and from the first cell you drag it to) Regards JulieD "marksuza >" <<marksuza.1bjtx6@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:marksuza.1bjtx6@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi, > > Can anybody help me? I have created a for...

Q) Last row/column ------ excel formula query
Kindly suggest what is the best way to reference the following in excel formulas: +) last row of a worksheet that has some data +) last column of a worksheet that has some data Regards, Sandeep Hi Sandeep In VBA the best thing is to use this functions You can use this in your code then for example Lr = LastRow(Sheets("Sheet2")) Function LastRow(sh As Worksheet) On Error Resume Next LastRow = sh.Cells.Find(What:="*", _ After:=sh.Range("A1"), _ Lookat:=xlPart, _ LookIn:...

Reports in column format
My report page set-up is for 3 columns with zero spacing between columns. There is a box around the set of controls. I have the palette narrowed to the absolute minimum width so that there is no working space to the right of my controls. The result is a calendar-like presentation. The problem arises when I want to center text in the headers and footers. If I simply place my header text in the header section, it will appear more or less towards the left side of the page. In order to get it centered, I have to widen the palette and then center the text manually. If I do this, then...

Can't divide the columns by twelve anymore

How to Combine Data in Different Columns
Hi Everyone I need help in this issue. I have tried many ways though some wer successful but they were not efficient. I have say 5 columns of data and the data could be on the same rows o all 5 columns or on different rows hence if I need to combine all th data of these 5 columns, I would have to sort or filter each of the manually and copy and paste to a different worksheet or column. This i very tedious and time consuming. I also tried to write a macro to loo for data in one column then put them into another column but i was no successful. However, experts like you guys shouldn't have ...

CDATA, XmlTextWriter, Read data
Hi All, I am using XmlTextWriter to write CDATA section using following code: XmlTextWriter xtw = new XmlTextWriter(Console.Out); xtw.WriteStartElement("data"); xtw.WriteCData("UNSAFE SCRIPT DATA CONTAINING & and < WHICH GETS CONVERTED TO &amp; and &lt;. SO HAVE TO USE WriteCData() METHOD HERE"); xtw.WriteEndElement(); xtw.Flush(); xtw.Close(); I suppose the data gets written to xtw instance. Now I want to retrieve the data back. How should I do that? Please let me know ASAP. Thanks, Gem Pramod wrote: > Hi All, > > I am using XmlTextWriter to ...

Adding columns in a query
Hi, this is very strange. I am trying to add 2 columns in a query but it does not come out right. Column1 Column2 Column3 $15.00 $30.00 $15.00$30.00 Column3 should equal $45.00. When I subtract, divide or multiply it's fine. It does not work when i tried to add. this is the code behind Column3: Format(nz([Column1])+nz(Column2), "Currency") Thanks in advance -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com It is interpreting the + as a concatenation operator. Try this instead: Format(Val(nz([Column1]))+Val(nz(Column2)), "Currency") On Jan 18, 8:2...

XML int column duplication & column alphabetizing
I have an XML file saved as a .xls file. It was dynamically created i VB.NET through a web app, pulling data from a SQL Server database (i that makes a difference). Here are my 2 problems: When I open the file in Excel 2002, it duplicates every column that ha only integers in it, adding a *#agg* to the duplicate column title. don't want the columns duplicated (obviously). The second issue is that it is alphebetizing my columns. I don't wan them alphebetized. I want them in the order in which they are listed. Here is my XML code. You could simply cut and paste this into a blan text ...

combinations
I have a finite number of values that represent length (right now I have less than 20 values). Can Excel take these values and list all possible combinations of the values? Any pointers appreciated. Stephen R. Stephen, No. There are 2,432,902,008,176,640,000 possible ways to combine 20 different values. That is, unless you have another limitation, like only using 4 at a time.... HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Stephen R" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:u9ZiYhOeFHA.1456@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I have a finite number of values that represent length (right...

Combine 2 Charts 2007 Excel
I have a line chart (looks like an S curve graph) with two rows of data below & this chart looks exactly like I want it to. Period % Complete Dec-04 7% Jan-05 9% Feb-05 10% Mar-05 12% Apr-05 14% May-05 19% Jun-05 22% Jul-05 23% Aug-05 24% Sep-05 26% Oct-05 28% Nov-05 32% Dec-05 36% Jan-06 40% Feb-06 45% Mar-06 50% Apr-06 55% May-06 59% Jun-06 63% Jul-06 66% Aug-06 71% Sep-06 75% Oct-06 78% Nov-06 81% Dec-06 85% Jan-07 87% Feb-07 89% Mar-07 91% Apr-07 93% May-07 94% Jun-07 94% Jul-07 95% Aug-07 95% Sep-07 95% Oct-07 95% Nov-07 95% Dec-07 95% Jan-08...