Dose anyone know how to plot a stock chart and a line chart together in
combination ?  I tried but can't seem to do it, is it possible in Excel ?
One way is stock chart with open, high, low and close plus volume but I need
to plot 2 other lines.
Thanks,
Hiromichi

0
hwatari (5)

Hiromichi -

I have written an explanation on this web page:

   http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/StockChartPlus.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

hwatari wrote:
> Dose anyone know how to plot a stock chart and a line chart together in
> combination ?  I tried but can't seem to do it, is it possible in Excel ?
> One way is stock chart with open, high, low and close plus volume but I need
> to plot 2 other lines.
> Thanks,
> Hiromichi

Thanks heaps Jon. It helped me too.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> Hiromichi -
>
> I have written an explanation on this web page:
>
>    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/StockChartPlus.html
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> http://PeltierTech.com/
> _______
>
> hwatari wrote:
> > Dose anyone know how to plot a stock chart and a line chart together in
> > combination ?  I tried but can't seem to do it, is it possible in Excel ?
> > One way is stock chart with open, high, low and close plus volume but I need
> > to plot 2 other lines.
> > Thanks,
> > Hiromichi

constant in chart
I have a chart of how two values follow each other. Simple. I have the correlation of the two numbers on the worksheet with the values. I would like to have that show on the worksheet with the chart, which is on it's own page, but I don't want to chart the standard percentage from the correlation function. Ideas? Have you looked at the SLOPE and INTERCEPT functions? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "tylermdsm" <tylermdsm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAD2C909-5B89-448...

Syntax error with WinDBG command line -c ".cls;g"
I am using WinDBG 6.12.2.663 to debug a target (VMWare ware guest) over COM pipe. I intend to pass a command line that clears the screen and continues debugging. So, I pass -c ".cls;g" and I get the syntax error Processing initial command '.cls;g' 0: kd> .cls;g ^ Syntax error in '.cls;g' It works fine if pass just -c ".cls" WinDBG help states that "If you are starting a debugging client, this command must be intended for the debugging server. Client-specific commands, such as .lsrcpath, are not allowed. ". Is that wha t...

Adding Stock Quote to EXCEL
I would like to get updated stock quotes, but I ONLY can use a single cell for the quote. I cannot have it take up multiple cells just for a simgle quote. I see online that you can pay upwards of $100/year to buy software that connects with Excel. However, I see that you can also get quotes via the Microsoft website, but when I add it to Excel it takes up like half the page and also adds what I don't need, such as the P/E etc... as well as about 10 other items I don't want. Basically I just want an updated quote in Excel in a single cell. Thank you for any help. ...

Mails Combined
HI, I mistakenly delete all mails from Inbox and then found them on the deleted Items and selected all and ask to move folders back to Inbox. the problem is all mails were combined into one email and moved back in to Inbox as a single email. How do i go back to the original version. How do i uncombined all the mails in to individual mails from the right recipient? Please help ASAP.. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com ...

How can I create a chart to compare multiple data series?
Using Excel, is there a way to merge multiple charts with different data series into one to demonstrate a direct comparison of the data series within one single chart. I've got 4 charts of the stacked column type. magnoliak77 Tufte calls them small multiples, Cleveland calls them trellis displays. I call them panel charts. Take a look at the examples on this page. http://processtrends.com/toc_panel_charts.htm Another option is to stick with your 4 charts, however, you can size and align them. Here's a link to a simple macro that sizes and aligns all charts on a single sheet....

merge/combine workshhets
I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis - all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of rows Try this Jeff http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jeff224" <Jeff224@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6790506-2888-4F4D-80EA-BB0D9F9B27A2@microsoft.com... >I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis - > all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of > rows Or http://www.rondebru...

Purchasing Error: You can't change the status of this line item; it has unposted receipts assigned to it.
User is trying to close a PO. Goes into Edit PO Status window and searched on PO, and returns two line items (two different receipts). First item has status of Released. Tries to change to Closed, and gets error: You can't change the stauts of the line item; it has unposted receipts assigned to it. Have searched through interface and SQL, and cannot locate any unposted receipts for this PO/item. Noticed that the qty on the original PO for this line item is 32 and qty on receipt is 31 (not sure if relevant or not). Have also Check Links on Purchasing module, but did not resolve. Any su...

Problems with Stacked Bar charts
Seeing a weird thing. When I create a stacked bar or column chart, I get bars that are one pixel wide so it looks like a vertical line. Closed the sheet, re-opened, new sheet, new data, nothing works. If I embed a worksheet in Powerpoint, and in that sheet, create a new worksheet with the data, it works fine... Baffles me !! Also, excel seems incapable of creating a graph with dates on the X axis, li lists them as ascending numbers, 1.2.3 etc. Again, works fine in an embedded spreadsheet in Powerpoint. As they use the same graph engine, I'm stumped. Hi, Excel is assuming you want yo...

Finding the combination that appears more times
Hi everybody i have a list on excel 2007 that displays the purchase of items on columns A:E, each column showing one (1) item I want to find what combination of items appears more times, especifically, which combination of four (4) is the favorite mix eg: A B C D F A C D E F B C D E F B C D F Z in this example, the winner would be (B, C, D, E) as it appears 3 times the main problem is that I have over 1,000 rows and trying with =SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(A1:E1,$N$1:$R$1)) por each combination would take forever... is there a simpler, quicker ...

Chart dependent on column
I need to make a series of charts that depend on a column in my datasheet. What I mean is this - I have data laid out per below, that is logged by operators throughout the day: Date Time Color Reading What I want to do is to display a separate line chart for each color. Each point is the date/time on the X axis and the Reading on the Y- axis. My difficulty is that different colors are mixed all together in the data, for example: Date Time Color Reading 6/21 11:00 Blue 5.2 6/21 11:05 Yellow 3.1 6/22 8:19 Green 6.8 6/22 9:...

losing line breaks

How do I get Org Chart Wizard to use My Shapes?
How do I get Org Chart Wizard to use My Shapes? Have created new org chart shapes in favorites (color-coded, etc.) but cannot figure out how to get Wizard to use them. Am creating org chart from excel and have put custom shape names in a column headed "Master_Shape" but it doesn't do it. ...

Can/How do you create a chart that can uses VBA code?
I am having difficulties duplicating two of the graphs/charts in Microsoft Access 2003 that were created in Minitab. The "Chart of Month, Number" and the "Chart of Age, Region". They are both "stocked column" graph available in Access but not easy to make. The database tracks quality issues from medicines around the world made by the Company in different counties. I have 24 fields for the main table (Issues2) in my Access Database and the fields relevant to the graph are: 1. ID 2. Date Of Notification: date management was notified of issue 3. Date Issue O...

Employee Stock Option + Merger
A while back I set up an Employee Stock Option as directed in Money (separate account, grant info, vesting, etc.). Now the kicker: this company has merged with another and the new company has converted these to options on their stock - but still in an ESOP. How do I handle this? Do I simply deliver off the old ones and set up a new account for the new ones as of the merger date? There does not seem to be a way of recoding a merger on these as I was able to do with the underlying stock. Thanks for any help. In these situations I think it is best to make the transactions in Money mat...

creating chart from different sheet
Hi Looking for the method to create chart in Excel sourcing cell from different sheets, instead of same sheet.. I already tried hold CTrl key but it gives the format error when i try to add series to the chart if the data is from the two different sheets. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ All the data for the values for one axis for a series on a chart must be on a single worksheet. So, all the x-values for a series must be on a worksheet, just as al...

Combining 2 Excel (xls) files
I have 2 xls workbooks with different sheet names and both with different range names. I would like to combine them both into one workbook so that I don't have to re-create all of the range names. Is there a way to do that? -- LAF ------------------------------------------------------------------------ LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9656 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=346017 Hi LAF- Open both files (let's call them A & B, and assume A will be your "combined" file). Working i...

How do you force another line in a text box?
When using text boxes. how do you force another line when character spacing reaches a certain point. A text box is a single line. Full stop. A text area will automatically wrap when the user types to the end of the visible space - this does not, however, add a line feed. To add a line feed after a preset number of characters, as I said in an earlier post, you need server side scripting which parses the data, and adds the line feed at the required intervals. Of course, this is complicated by needing to account for spaces between words - and avoiding the line feed in the middl...

Combining Publications
Can I combine two different publications into one? Suzi wrote: > Can I combine two different publications into one? ========================================= Personally, I would simply open two instances of Publisher (one document in each) / tile the two screens...and copy/paste. Maybe the following link will be useful: Combining Publisher Documents http://tinyurl.com/2lpj5w -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that wo...

Stock price alerts not working
Hi- I had a price alert set for a stock when it reached a low of $36. Today it closed at $35.95 and I didn't see anything to tell me this. It worked before but I am not sure what is wrong now. I am using Money 2005. Does anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks- -Dan ...

log log charts in excel
Can somebody please advise me how I may chart data using log scales on either or both axes? Thanks Format Axis/ Scale tab -- David Biddulph "Dave P" <Dave P@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8FAF7FE3-7EBD-45A8-8C8F-D1248F906DA4@microsoft.com... > Can somebody please advise me how I may chart data using log scales on > either > or both axes? > > Thanks Hi Thanks for the response, however this only allows it on the vertical axis.... what about the horizontal axis? Thanks Dave P "David Biddulph" wrote: > Format Axis/ Scale ...

How to Combine Data in Different Columns
Hi Everyone I need help in this issue. I have tried many ways though some wer successful but they were not efficient. I have say 5 columns of data and the data could be on the same rows o all 5 columns or on different rows hence if I need to combine all th data of these 5 columns, I would have to sort or filter each of the manually and copy and paste to a different worksheet or column. This i very tedious and time consuming. I also tried to write a macro to loo for data in one column then put them into another column but i was no successful. However, experts like you guys shouldn't have ...

How do I update charts in excel 2007
Hi - I'm tracking and charting real estate data in three cities, by month. I can add updated info into the worksheet columns, but I can't get the corresponding points into the line chart that I made three months ago from the columns. Now using excel 2007. Had no trouble with this task in excel 2003, becouse I could easily change the data range and then the chart followed the changes. I'm new in 2007, and when I find the data range and change it to correspond the with the updated columns nothing happens in the chart Appreciate help I have a line chart on the s...

Scatter chart for real-time tracking of a single cell value ?
Hi. I use Excel 2003. On a spreadsheet connected to a DDE data feed, I have a cell containing an integer number that updates and changes constantly during the day. I would like to chart the number in that cell in real-time second by second between certain hours of the day. I have been told that it may be possible to use a scatter chart to do this but I have not been able to make it work or to find useful help files. It seems to me that the problem has to do with charting a single cell rather than a range but I'm not sure. Any practical advice or pointer to a "how-to" web site w...

combinations
I have a finite number of values that represent length (right now I have less than 20 values). Can Excel take these values and list all possible combinations of the values? Any pointers appreciated. Stephen R. Stephen, No. There are 2,432,902,008,176,640,000 possible ways to combine 20 different values. That is, unless you have another limitation, like only using 4 at a time.... HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Stephen R" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:u9ZiYhOeFHA.1456@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I have a finite number of values that represent length (right...

Combine 2 Charts 2007 Excel
I have a line chart (looks like an S curve graph) with two rows of data below & this chart looks exactly like I want it to. Period % Complete Dec-04 7% Jan-05 9% Feb-05 10% Mar-05 12% Apr-05 14% May-05 19% Jun-05 22% Jul-05 23% Aug-05 24% Sep-05 26% Oct-05 28% Nov-05 32% Dec-05 36% Jan-06 40% Feb-06 45% Mar-06 50% Apr-06 55% May-06 59% Jun-06 63% Jul-06 66% Aug-06 71% Sep-06 75% Oct-06 78% Nov-06 81% Dec-06 85% Jan-07 87% Feb-07 89% Mar-07 91% Apr-07 93% May-07 94% Jun-07 94% Jul-07 95% Aug-07 95% Sep-07 95% Oct-07 95% Nov-07 95% Dec-07 95% Jan-08...