column charts with multiple data sets

My data set is below.

I want to show column charts:  The first one would be Product A for August
made up of data for versions 1-4, column two would be Product A for September
made up of data for versions 1-4.

The third column would be Product B for August made up of data for versions
1-4, column four would be Product B for September made up of data for
versions 1-4.

Product	Version	August	            September
A	1	30,812	               365,874
A	2	59,650,018	56,404,138
A	3	29,931,636	28,053,084
A	4	71,972	                62,352
B	1	7,094,967	               11,718,925
B	2	9,588,255	                 4,502,779
B	3	424,143	                  385,699

Hi,

I think this will do what you want.  Change your data setup to

Month	Product	Ver 1	Ver 2	Ver 3	Ver 4
Aug	A	30,812	59,650,018	29,931,636	71,972
Aug	B	7,094,967	9,588,255	424,143
Sept	A	365,874	56,404,138	28,053,084	62,352
Sept	B	11,718,925	4,502,779	385,699

Select all the data and titles and click the Chart Wizard, Choose Column,
Stacked, (second choice), Click Next, choose Series in Columns. Click Finish.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Dave Shultz" wrote:

> My data set is below.
>
> I want to show column charts:  The first one would be Product A for August
> made up of data for versions 1-4, column two would be Product A for September
> made up of data for versions 1-4.
>
> The third column would be Product B for August made up of data for versions
> 1-4, column four would be Product B for September made up of data for
> versions 1-4.
>

> Product	Version	August	            September
> A	1	30,812	               365,874
> A	2	59,650,018	56,404,138
> A	3	29,931,636	28,053,084
> A	4	71,972	                62,352
> B	1	7,094,967	               11,718,925
> B	2	9,588,255	                 4,502,779
> B	3	424,143	                  385,699

Favorite Folders Revert to Default Settings After Closing
I've removed and added folders to the Favorite Folders section. Each time I open Outlook 2003 I have to remove/add the same folders. Any suggestions on why my changes aren't being saved from session to session? ...

data validation 03-14-07
Hello,I'm looking for a data validation rule that would preclude users fromentering anything into a table except:A 13 character string that can only contain numbers or letters.orAn 8 character string that can only contain numbers or letters.Thanks,alex How ironic, I am trying to do much the same thing.Except in my case, I need to check a string in a custom function andstrip out any non a-z/0-9 characters. For example, if the string is"O' Mally", I'd like to strip it down to "OMally", minus the space andapostrophe.Anyone know how I can do this? On Mar 15, 2:00 p...

Charting using Stacked Column Graph
Excel 2002... I think I posted this in the wrong place before. I'm trying to chart a series that is comprised of 5 - 3 number groups. I can chart the first group, but when I try to add the next series, it stacks them onto the existing columns rather than make 3 new ones. The data looks like this (simplified): A1 A2 A3 B1 B2 B3 1-10 .01 .03 .58 .023 .025 .023 11-15 .012 .025 .025 .024 .588 .280 16-20 .012 .255 .158 .024 .254 .241 I get a nice chart with A1-A3...but can't add B1-B3 next to it. Help me, please. Thanks, Gre...

Chart Data
Good morning all. I have several charts in a workbook that captures data from another workbook. The problem I am having is that the data gets converted from having two decimal points to four. I have tried formatting the source data cells with different number formats, ie: general number w/two decimal places and accounting numbers w/two decimals. Still the charts in the other workbook show 4 decimal places. Any ideas? Thanks, Chris Chris - Change the number formats in the target workbook. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solu...

Search columns on multiple worksheets
In a workbook I have a worksheet for each month of the year. How would I be able to automatically determine whether the entry currently being made has been entered in the same column previously on any of the worksheets? (Similar to “Find” under Edit) If so, would it be possible to indicate the previously entered data by highlighting each duplicate cell? I suggest you start with Chip's site www.cpearson.com which has lots about duplicates Then come back with more detailed question best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps fro...

optional column required in datasheet view
I have a document library with two content types. I have changed all columns for both content types to optional. One content type is link to a document, for which URL is required by default. I have changed it to optional. The other content type is document. URL is not used in that content type. When I bulk edit items in datasheet, though, I can't save my changes without putting data in the URL column for documents, even though the column is not used in that content type and is set as optional. I even tried making URL optional at the site content type level and the datashee...

Text to columns #2
Is there a way to have a worksheet automatically change to delimite text to columns when it opens? Thanks all, Vat -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Vato If I understand you correctly, simply record yourself doing it once and then re-run the code in future -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Vato Loco >" <<Vato.Loco.182h63@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Vato.Loco.182h63@excelforum-nospam.com... > Is there a way to have a worksheet automatically change to delimited &...

multipule columns as on column
I need to create a make-table query containing 6 fields.. I have 16 fields in the original table. The first is a primary key, the next fifteen and actually three groups of five (a,b,c,d,e,a1,b1,c1,d1,e1,a2,b2,c2, d2,e2) the need to be output as a,a1,a2 into a field called last name (not concatenated), b,b1,b2 into a field called first name...etc... Does anyone have any ideas On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 16:07:31 GMT, "gz3d2h" <u34843@uwe> wrote: >I need to create a make-table query containing 6 fields.. > >I have 16 fields in the original table. The first is a primary ke...

Pivot Table data values
I need make a pivot table using the values as the data. I used to be able to do this, but now it only sums, counts or calculates. Is there a way to return the data values? ...

Importing email address from column in excel sheet
Wondering how to import about 60 email addresses I have in a column in an excel spreadsheet into my address book in outlook. Or even to send one email, then navigate to the email address list without actually adding them in my address book. ...

want to add all $ in column c where column A is the same
I'm very new at Excel, and a real math dummy. I've figured out how to enter a formula when all the $ I want to add are together, but I can't figure out how to do that when I want to select only the $ values for certain items listed throughout the spreadsheet. For example: I keep a running list of Architects, their projects and $ values of each project as they are assigned. I want to automatically calculate the total current $ value for each Architect without having to sort them in order, or create a separate table for each architect. Can I do that? Here's what th...

can I put a stacked column next to a solid column
I am trying to graph some information and can't figure out how to place a solid column that references one number next to a stacked column that references two numbers. Maybe a better question is can I put two stacked columns righ next to eachother? Hi, Have a look at the links on Jon Peltier's page. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy RobXCSP wrote: > I am trying to graph some information and can't figure out how to place a > solid column that references one number next to a stacked column that > references two numbers. Maybe a...

Single OWA server with multiple Administrative groups
We are trying to setup a single OWA server that can be used by both of our Adminstrative groups. It is currently working just fine with the first Admin group. When users from the second group try to login, they are authenticated but don't see any of their email. Where the emails should show it just says Loading..... Also the page doesn't seem to render correctly and is missing icons and images. We have an Exchange 2003 SP2 Org setup with two Administrative groups (A and B). We also have 4 domains (empty root and 3 child domains which contain our users). Users in Group A bel...

Group DB columns to be used in pivot table
Hi, I have the following problems to prepare the DB. I need to create a Pivot Table and my source DB is Excel. Headings go from Column A to AT, but only columns A to N will be used to play around with the pivot, while columns O to AT are only to input values. How can I: 1) Transform the many columns O to AT in one field called Product so that once placed into the Column part of the Pivot I can see all the headings from O to AT 2) How to make all the O to AT cells active so that the user can enter values and see the changes or analyse using the A to N fields? Examle: A B C D E F G H I...

Setting Overtime Days
Hi there, Can someone please help me with the following: In MS project 2007, I am currently trying to set weekend days as overtime. Basically I've already set my calendar to use only week days, and when I change it and set the project to run on weekends (normal 8 hour days) it does not show any values for overtime worked. When I go to the Resource Usage page and set 'overtime work' hours then the program just extends the working hours on weekdays (so from an 8 hour day it moves to, say, 12 hours). Ive tried setting each individual task as 'Fixed Durat...

Multiple Out of Office replies
We have recently upgraded to Exchange 2007 and most of our users are still using Outlook 2003. We have an issue where when some people set their Out of Office, when someone sends them an email, two emails are returned, one of the resposes is the correct OOO message the other is an old OOO message. The only work around we have for this is to have the users access OWA and set their OOO there. Has any one else seen this issue? Is there something the users' are doing wrong or is it Outlook 2003 issues with Exchange? On 17 dec, 20:45, "B Steffey" <BStef...@community.nospa...

move data to new version
I've been using Money (probably version 95) for several years. I now have a new computer with Microsoft Works on Windows 2000. Are the two versions of Money compatible so that I can move my data from the old version on Windows 98 to the new one on Windows 2000? You don't provide enough data to know for sure. In general: a) Your .MNY files can be opened by the same version and same localization of Money on different machines. b) Your .MNY files can be irreversibly upgraded by newer version and same localization of Money. Localization means like Money US or Money UK. Money 2003 U...

how do i change column labels back to letters? currently columns.
when i opened excel this evening, i found that columns and rows are both labeled with numbers. How do I relabel the columns alphabetically so that I can use formulas? thanks Click Tools > Options > General tab Uncheck "R1C1 reference style" > OK -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "slthompson" <slthompson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DF283F7-A345-46E9-AD0C-148B8BDC200B@microsoft.com... > when i opened excel this evening, i found that columns and rows are both &g...

Count Unique text in 3 different columns
Hi, I saw a few formulas that adds Unique records when is numbers, but I have a spreasheet which I need to count the Unique records (Names) taken into consideration three diffrent columns, example; Column A Column B Column C DC&D aagis Ternure DC&D aagis Ternure DC&D adamk New Hire DC&D adamk New Hire DC&D adasilva New Hire DC&D adasilva New Hire DC&D vdafons Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO A...

hide a column
hi can u help me with this what i want is that if in a column there is written "Blank" a comman that hides that particular column plz help me with thi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following macro (looks in row 1 for this word 'Blank') Sub hide_columns() Dim ColNdx As Long application.screenupdating=False For ColNdx = 1 to 256 If Cells(1, ColNdx).Value = "Blank" Then Columns(ColNdx).hidden = True End If Next ColNdx application.screenupdating=True End Sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany >...

display total in stacked column chart
Using Windows XP and Office 2007 To make it simple to explain, I'll make up a sample stacked column chart and maybe someone can help me. Let's assume I have taken attendance in a particular class over the last 5 years and I have that attendance information broken down into males and females. So I have a data table that has the year in Column A, the number of males in attendance in Column B, the number of females in attendance in Column C, and the total attendance in Column D. I created a stacked column chart with the information from Columns B and C so that my stacked column...

Charting points that are not consecutive in a data table
Any help or suggestions are appreciated. The problem is this: I have a set of data that looks like this: Date 10/15 10/17 10/20 10/21 10/22 Vault 80% #DIV/0! #DIV/0! 80% #DIV/0! Bars 20% #DIV/0! 60% #DIV/0! 90% Beam 15% 23% 20% 12% 50% Floor #DIV/0! #DIV/0! 100% #DIV/0! 93% . . . and it goes on until the end of November. The invalid number exist because the individual did not work on that particular apparatu that day. There is no particular pattern to the days which individual perform on one apparatus and not another. I need to chart their percentages all on one chart, but do not ...

data conflict?
Hello All I have a split mdb with backend on a server and frontends on 6 PCs. The backend is copied every 10 minutes to a backup directory, and then renamed, such that the backup directory always holds 8 copies of the backend, taken at 10 minute interval (this is done with windows scheduler running a simple cmd file): so we can if necessary go back to any one of them if we get any problems (like occasional 'unrecognized database' or other corruption - which has happened rarely, but often enough!). The problem is that the copy process seems occasionally to cause an append q...

Moving a column
How do i move a Vertical column over to the right & have the information move with it ? -- Dell Inspiron Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 One way: select the column header (usually a letter at the top) Rightclick on that selection And select insert desgnr wrote: > > How do i move a Vertical column over to the right & have the information > move with it ? > > -- > Dell Inspiron > Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz > 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM > Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 -- Dave Peterson Clic...

Separating data in a column
the spreadsheet i am working on has 1 column with 2 possible answers, i.e. yes/no. what i need to do is separate the replies and then total the yes replies in another cell and also total no replies in a different cell. How do i do it? The following COUNTIF function can be used =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$21,"yes") The sort or data filter command can be used to separate the replies. "Gemgirl" wrote: > the spreadsheet i am working on has 1 column with 2 possible answers, i.e. > yes/no. what i need to do is separate the replies and then total the yes > replie...