are plotted over each other.
0
anonymous (74717)

Check out Jon Peltier's site at www.peltiertech.com

I know he has something there on this, but I don't have time to look it up
right now.

"jtd1" wrote:

> I would like to chart three series.  I would like two
> columns in each group.  The first column in a group would
> be series 1.  The second column in a group would be
> series 2 and 3 stacked on each other. Is that possible?
> I've come close by using secondary axis but the columns
> are plotted over each other.

0
BarbR (262)
4/8/2005 7:49:06 PM
Here's what Barb was looking for:

   http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html

It provides a few links to sites with good descriptions of
clustered/stacked columns. Your first column position in the chart has
only one series in the stack, the second has two.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Barb R. wrote:

> Check out Jon Peltier's site at www.peltiertech.com
>
> I know he has something there on this, but I don't have time to look it up
> right now.
>
> "jtd1" wrote:
>

>>I would like to chart three series.  I would like two
>>columns in each group.  The first column in a group would
>>be series 1.  The second column in a group would be
>>series 2 and 3 stacked on each other. Is that possible?
>>I've come close by using secondary axis but the columns
>>are plotted over each other.

Chart Data
Good morning all. I have several charts in a workbook that captures data from another workbook. The problem I am having is that the data gets converted from having two decimal points to four. I have tried formatting the source data cells with different number formats, ie: general number w/two decimal places and accounting numbers w/two decimals. Still the charts in the other workbook show 4 decimal places. Any ideas? Thanks, Chris Chris - Change the number formats in the target workbook. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solu...

Unable to amend email address in cc group
I send a lot of mass mailers using outlook 2007. The email addresses are mostly in the cc box, but if one of them is incorrect ie: the @ sign is missing, it pops up when i try and send saying it does not recognise the address. It does then not let you amend that email address unless it is in the contacts list. Most of the people i send to are not in my contacts. It was easy to change in 2003 but i cannot figure out how to do it in 2007. Has anyone got any ideas, as i send a fair amount of these emails. Thanks. Where do you get stuck and how is this different to you when compa...

optional column required in datasheet view
I have a document library with two content types. I have changed all columns for both content types to optional. One content type is link to a document, for which URL is required by default. I have changed it to optional. The other content type is document. URL is not used in that content type. When I bulk edit items in datasheet, though, I can't save my changes without putting data in the URL column for documents, even though the column is not used in that content type and is set as optional. I even tried making URL optional at the site content type level and the datashee...

Search columns on multiple worksheets
In a workbook I have a worksheet for each month of the year. How would I be able to automatically determine whether the entry currently being made has been entered in the same column previously on any of the worksheets? (Similar to “Find” under Edit) If so, would it be possible to indicate the previously entered data by highlighting each duplicate cell? I suggest you start with Chip's site www.cpearson.com which has lots about duplicates Then come back with more detailed question best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps fro...

Group View
Hello, I need to create group views for 50 users. They to have each other's names in thru groups. Is there a way that I can do this on the server so I don't have to have a user log in and then add the name of each person? Is there a better way to view a lot of calendars in Exchange? The interface is Outlook 2003 Thanks. Knox - You can always use a public calendar or look at third party solutions. One that I know of is www.amrein.com "Knox" <c.knox@sxu.edu> wrote in message news:uPXqiSQIFHA.2356@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I need to ...

Text to columns #2
Is there a way to have a worksheet automatically change to delimite text to columns when it opens? Thanks all, Vat -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Vato If I understand you correctly, simply record yourself doing it once and then re-run the code in future -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Vato Loco >" <<Vato.Loco.182h63@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Vato.Loco.182h63@excelforum-nospam.com... > Is there a way to have a worksheet automatically change to delimited &...

multipule columns as on column
I need to create a make-table query containing 6 fields.. I have 16 fields in the original table. The first is a primary key, the next fifteen and actually three groups of five (a,b,c,d,e,a1,b1,c1,d1,e1,a2,b2,c2, d2,e2) the need to be output as a,a1,a2 into a field called last name (not concatenated), b,b1,b2 into a field called first name...etc... Does anyone have any ideas On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 16:07:31 GMT, "gz3d2h" <u34843@uwe> wrote: >I need to create a make-table query containing 6 fields.. > >I have 16 fields in the original table. The first is a primary ke...

Importing email address from column in excel sheet
Wondering how to import about 60 email addresses I have in a column in an excel spreadsheet into my address book in outlook. Or even to send one email, then navigate to the email address list without actually adding them in my address book. ...

want to add all $ in column c where column A is the same
I'm very new at Excel, and a real math dummy. I've figured out how to enter a formula when all the $ I want to add are together, but I can't figure out how to do that when I want to select only the $ values for certain items listed throughout the spreadsheet. For example: I keep a running list of Architects, their projects and $ values of each project as they are assigned. I want to automatically calculate the total current $ value for each Architect without having to sort them in order, or create a separate table for each architect. Can I do that? Here's what th...

Change receiving email for microsoft.public.access.gettingstarted group
I am retiring 2/26/10 and I need to change the receiving email for this and other groups to my home email address. I went to two places that I thought would take care of it but the one place wouldn't let me put in another email address. I believe I could only change the sign- on name. THe other place said I couldn't add a gmail address because the group couldn't go to a gmail address. Please help!! Thanks ...

Single OWA server with multiple Administrative groups
We are trying to setup a single OWA server that can be used by both of our Adminstrative groups. It is currently working just fine with the first Admin group. When users from the second group try to login, they are authenticated but don't see any of their email. Where the emails should show it just says Loading..... Also the page doesn't seem to render correctly and is missing icons and images. We have an Exchange 2003 SP2 Org setup with two Administrative groups (A and B). We also have 4 domains (empty root and 3 child domains which contain our users). Users in Group A bel...

Group DB columns to be used in pivot table
Hi, I have the following problems to prepare the DB. I need to create a Pivot Table and my source DB is Excel. Headings go from Column A to AT, but only columns A to N will be used to play around with the pivot, while columns O to AT are only to input values. How can I: 1) Transform the many columns O to AT in one field called Product so that once placed into the Column part of the Pivot I can see all the headings from O to AT 2) How to make all the O to AT cells active so that the user can enter values and see the changes or analyse using the A to N fields? Examle: A B C D E F G H I...

Count Unique text in 3 different columns
Hi, I saw a few formulas that adds Unique records when is numbers, but I have a spreasheet which I need to count the Unique records (Names) taken into consideration three diffrent columns, example; Column A Column B Column C DC&D aagis Ternure DC&D aagis Ternure DC&D adamk New Hire DC&D adamk New Hire DC&D adasilva New Hire DC&D adasilva New Hire DC&D vdafons Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO A...

how do i change column labels back to letters? currently columns.
when i opened excel this evening, i found that columns and rows are both labeled with numbers. How do I relabel the columns alphabetically so that I can use formulas? thanks Click Tools > Options > General tab Uncheck "R1C1 reference style" > OK -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "slthompson" <slthompson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DF283F7-A345-46E9-AD0C-148B8BDC200B@microsoft.com... > when i opened excel this evening, i found that columns and rows are both &g...

hide a column
hi can u help me with this what i want is that if in a column there is written "Blank" a comman that hides that particular column plz help me with thi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following macro (looks in row 1 for this word 'Blank') Sub hide_columns() Dim ColNdx As Long application.screenupdating=False For ColNdx = 1 to 256 If Cells(1, ColNdx).Value = "Blank" Then Columns(ColNdx).hidden = True End If Next ColNdx application.screenupdating=True End Sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany >...

Charting points that are not consecutive in a data table
Any help or suggestions are appreciated. The problem is this: I have a set of data that looks like this: Date 10/15 10/17 10/20 10/21 10/22 Vault 80% #DIV/0! #DIV/0! 80% #DIV/0! Bars 20% #DIV/0! 60% #DIV/0! 90% Beam 15% 23% 20% 12% 50% Floor #DIV/0! #DIV/0! 100% #DIV/0! 93% . . . and it goes on until the end of November. The invalid number exist because the individual did not work on that particular apparatu that day. There is no particular pattern to the days which individual perform on one apparatus and not another. I need to chart their percentages all on one chart, but do not ...

Gantt Chart Import Invalid Column Error
Trying to import an Excel table into the Gantt Chart in Visio. The Finish date works fine, but every time I try to map the Start date, I get an "Invalid Column Format" error. Tried changing the format of the Start date field, and it doesn't change anything. Excel 2007 Visio 2007 SP2 and 2010 Beta, both with the same issue. Any suggestions? some people have luck with exporting a file from Visio first, then using that as a dummy file to enter data into and import back. I also found that visio chokes on blank date fields. ...

Separating data in a column
the spreadsheet i am working on has 1 column with 2 possible answers, i.e. yes/no. what i need to do is separate the replies and then total the yes replies in another cell and also total no replies in a different cell. How do i do it? The following COUNTIF function can be used =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$21,"yes") The sort or data filter command can be used to separate the replies. "Gemgirl" wrote: > the spreadsheet i am working on has 1 column with 2 possible answers, i.e. > yes/no. what i need to do is separate the replies and then total the yes > replie...

Xcel or Access sort columns of names so that I remove the intersect between 2 columns from one of the columns?
Hi, I have currently in Xcel and long list of X English phrases in one column with associated numerical data about each name in adjoining columns. I have on another workbook (which could of course be pasted into this workbook)another similarly set out column of Y English phrases again with ajoining columns having numberical data row that the phrase. I would like to be able to sort the second column of phrases removing all the phrases that occured in the first column. Ideally it would be great to have the numerical data for the remaining English phrases still on the same rows (not necessary ...

Moving a column
How do i move a Vertical column over to the right & have the information move with it ? -- Dell Inspiron Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 One way: select the column header (usually a letter at the top) Rightclick on that selection And select insert desgnr wrote: > > How do i move a Vertical column over to the right & have the information > move with it ? > > -- > Dell Inspiron > Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz > 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM > Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 -- Dave Peterson Clic...

Builtin chart type internationalization
Hi, My VB program uses Excel's built in custom type chart called Smooth Lines. I use the following code to call it: Excel.ActiveChart.ApplyCustomType ChartType:=xlBuiltIn, TypeName:="Smooth Lines" This works fine in an English version Excel but when you have a German Excel it causes an error and says that the type name is not applicable. The reason for this is because the German version of Excel calls the Smooth Lines as Weiche Linien and if I replace the Smooth Lines type name with Weiche Linien, it works. The only solution I could come up with are either: 1. Create my...

Can the left column panes be frozen when doing functional chart
Am doing a swim lane flow chart that is using many pages. Would be nice to freeze the functional names on the left of each page. Much like you can do in excel. Can this be done in Visio? ...

match up column A with column B
Hi, I have a column of numbers in A, and a column of numbers in B. There are 180 numbers in A (A1:A180) and 130 numbers in B (B1:B130). I need Excel to find which numbers match up between columns, e.g look down column A and find all the matching numbers in column B, then sort the columns so the matched numbers are next to each other (so I can see which numbers don't match between columns). (I have sorted the numbers from lowest to highest down the column, so they are in numerical order). I have no idea how to do this. :confused: Thanks for any assistance you can provide. :) -- ...

scatter chart #3
Sorry for the follow up question, but i dont see my previous question posted yet and i have an additional unrelated question: I have data that includes 1 column of labels and a second column of values. I want to plot these values in 1 vertical column where the y axis labels are not just evenly spaced numbers, but are actually the values that are plotted. In addition i also want to see the labels from the 1st column of data show up to the right of these values. Thanks if you can help. scott Data labels may be the answer: 1. Right-click on the chart and select chart options. 2. Go to the Dat...

columns within columns
I'd like to make a single page spreadsheet with the twelve months across the top. within each, i would like 4 or 5 columns representing the weeks.this will be an actual 2010 calendar. the titles for the inner columns will be the date of the first monday of the week. vertical grid lines separating the months are a little darker than the grid lines separating the weeks. the y axis will be the values to be entered any suggestiions? Before you start have a look at John Walkenback's calender @ http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/files Look for Array Formula ...