Clustered column chart with stacked coumns

Is there a way to have a clustered column chart that has stacked columns?

Thanks
0
dave871 (679)

Hi Dave,

Check Jon's page for an example.

   http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Custom Type Charts Problem
I am using Custom Type Charts in Excel, which uses Pivot Table as the Data Source. The problem that I am facing here is that whenever I Refresh the data using the Refresh icon, the Custom Type charts LOOSE their formatting. To make my problem clearer, I am attaching a sample Excel sheet herewith. In the sample file, go to 3rd sheet "Custom Type Chart" and have a look at the "Tubes" chart. Now click on the "!" Icon (this is the Refresh icon). The formatting of the chart changes. Try this out with the "Normal Chart". The formatting remains the same. ...

Column Headings
Can someone tell me if there is an easy way to utilize a different field name for a coulumn heading in a crosstab query? Issue: I have developed a Trip Database. I have created crostab queries to view who participated in each trip with total count of participants. I was using LastName as a column heading until I realized some people have the same last name and it groups them together. I have since modified to use the "Participant ID" which gives me the results I am looking for but having the ID as the column heading is meaningless. I am hoping to add code to the column heading proper...

Move printers from win2003 cluster to win2008 cluster
Hi Group, i am writing since i am stuck with this issue. I am currently trying to migrate about 3,000 printers from Windows 2003 to Windows 2008 R2. I want to do a script that enumerate the printers on an existing environment =932003 x86=94 to include Printer Queue name, Port IP, Driver, Printer Type, Description, tray etc. and create a spread sheet. I will use that sheet to map the printers to the new x64 and x86 drivers. A second script should read the spread sheet and create the printers with the new drivers. I fisrt started with classic WMI scripts and for the first o...

Adding columns in a query
Hi, this is very strange. I am trying to add 2 columns in a query but it does not come out right. Column1 Column2 Column3 $15.00 $30.00 $15.00$30.00 Column3 should equal $45.00. When I subtract, divide or multiply it's fine. It does not work when i tried to add. this is the code behind Column3: Format(nz([Column1])+nz(Column2), "Currency") Thanks in advance -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com It is interpreting the + as a concatenation operator. Try this instead: Format(Val(nz([Column1]))+Val(nz(Column2)), "Currency") On Jan 18, 8:2...

XML int column duplication & column alphabetizing
I have an XML file saved as a .xls file. It was dynamically created i VB.NET through a web app, pulling data from a SQL Server database (i that makes a difference). Here are my 2 problems: When I open the file in Excel 2002, it duplicates every column that ha only integers in it, adding a *#agg* to the duplicate column title. don't want the columns duplicated (obviously). The second issue is that it is alphebetizing my columns. I don't wan them alphebetized. I want them in the order in which they are listed. Here is my XML code. You could simply cut and paste this into a blan text ...

finding column
Gooday all, I currently have some names in various columns but on the same same row. I have at the moment been able to search for a name in the column. But as I dont know the actual cell how can I find the cell name? example names are in D12, E12 .... P12 they are all on row 12 but I dont know the column. the search looks at each column untill it finds a match, if it gets to an empty cell on row 12 the search ends, if it find the cell I need to delete the column. Taking into acount that P12 may go as far as FF12!! I dont actualy know. Does this make sense? Use the MATCH() function: ...

Combo x-y chart and background areas for blood pressure chart
Hi All: I'm doing a blood pressure chart, which consists of simple x-pairs (for systolic and diastolic, natch). Behind these pairs I'd like coloured areas (rectangles) representing the bounds for normal, hypertensive, etc regions. Like so: | | * |____________________________________ | * | | | |______________________________ | | | | | * | ...

Mixing chart types #2
I have a chart made up of bar and lines at the moment. But on one of the bars we would like to show another figure - as in a stacked - is there anyway I can change just one of the bars into a stacked chart? Many thanks in advance You cant have bar, stacked bar and line in one chart, but you could plot two charts, one on top of the other "E Halliday" wrote: > I have a chart made up of bar and lines at the moment. But on one of the > bars we would like to show another figure - as in a stacked - is there anyway > I can change just one of the bars into a stacked ch...

clustering
Hi, I have following data in columns A and B. Column A is the average price column B is the number of guests that paid this price A B 4,5 10 4,6 8 5,2 1 7,2 2 7,4 4 9 2 I would like to count the guests that paid a price between 0 and 5 (10), 5,1 and 7 (1), 7,1 to 8 (6) and more than 8 (2). In my real problem have 1200 different prices with 250000 guests. I tried to use the histogram function but that counted only the number rows and not the content of the column B. How can I do this? Thanks for your help ...

SUMIF in multiple columns based on other criteria in Excel?
I'm trying to sum the number in one column based on criteria in another column, but there are also multiple columns on the spreadsheet. 1 5 2 5 1.5 7 2 7 If the second number is a 5, I want the sum of the first numbers. Likewise for the 7. Thanks, Scott Hi Scott not actually sure what the criteria is here ... or what you're after do you want the sum all the values together that are to the left of a 5 or a 7 or do you want to sum the first column if the second column is either a 5 or 7? or do you want to sum the numbe...

SQL cluster active/active not supported?
Dear ms crm guru, i read in many documents that crm 3.0 support only sql cluster active/passive, is true? why? Best Regards, clod ...

Selecting columns containing spaces
Both of these Select statements return the same set of rows. How can I find out what's really in them? Select * from tblAcademics where description = "" Select * from tblAcademics where description = " " In particular, can I trust that description is not null in those rows? The following SQL returns no rows Select * from tblAcademics where description is null A column is either NULL or NOT NULL. It cannot be both. If it contains a space or an empty string then it is NOT NULL. -Dorian "Laurel" wrote: > Both of these Select statements return t...

How do you perform a two-column lookup?
I am trying to do a lookup using 2 columns. Example would be SKU Warehouse Qty 13 CA 15 14 CA 30 15 CA 18 13 HN 10 14 HN 5 I want to be able to pull the qty for any given SKU Warehouse combination. Any help would be great. Assuming your headers are in row 1 and the data in A2:C6, use SUMPRODUCT with double unary operators, comme ca: =SUMPRODUCT(--($A$2:$A$6=13),--($B$2:$B$6="CA"),$C$2:$C$6) This link http://groups.google.com/...

Excel Chart X Axis scale problem
I've got a chart who's X-axis shows values for dates. How can I get it so that the major units are a week apart and the minor units just a day? I can't seem to add '7' to the major unit edit box. It keeps changing it to '5'. dale303@hotmail.com (Dale Walker) wrote in message news:<1fef5ed7.0312210943.3cf85926@posting.google.com>... > I've got a chart who's X-axis shows values for dates. How can I get it > so that the major units are a week apart and the minor units just a > day? I can't seem to add '7' to the major unit edit box. ...

How do I get 18 numbers to display in a column and not round out
I need a column to display 18 numbers and currently it is rounding the last three with zeros. I am using Microsoft 2003 How many digits in the numbers More than 15? Then you will need to type then as text and will not be able to do math on them Either a) when typing, precede the entry with a single quote (will not show in cell or printout b) before typing, format cells as Text best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP people.stfx.ca/bliengme email address: remove uppercase characters "whamm24" <whamm24@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Variable column width
I need to build a "profit pool chart". These charts show the opreating margin of each activity in a value chain in the vertical axis and their corresponding share of industry revenues in the horizontal axis. The issue is that I do not know how to build a chart where each input has a different column width (corresponding to their share of industry revenues). Does anyone know how I to do this? Thanks. Hi, Here are some examples, which also include links to another couple of variations. http://www.andypope.info/charts/colwidth.htm http://www.andypope.info/charts/colwidth2.htm ...

columns/rows
I have a spreadsheet that I have to enter xxxxx digits into the first column/first row. I was wondering if there was a way to set the spreadsheet to complete the xxxx1, xxxx2 xxxx3 in the rows beneath automatically? If no is it because excel does not know what numbers would come next? One way. You could also have a worksheet_change event where it would be entirely automatic. Sub addonto() For i = 2 To 4 Cells(i, 1) = Cells(i - 1, 1) + 1 Next i End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "teddkilroy" <teddkilroy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Last Paid column in Bills & Deposits
Has anyone else noticed that the "Last Paid" column in Bills & Deposits doesn't always reflect the correct date of the last payment? Is there a way to fix this? I have Money 2004 Small Business. - Glen ...

Insert text from column A into column B, before text in column B
Hi, I am working with a very large database and I need to find a simple way of inserting the text from 1 column and pasting it into another column, which already has text in it. I want to paste this text to show up before the text in the 2nd column. Here is an example: COLUMN A /images/products/ COLUMN B AA-067.jpg WHAT I WANT TO HAPPEN: COLUMN B /images/products/AA-067.jpg Anyone have any ideas? Please let me know. I've been struggling with what seems to be easy. Thanks :rolleyes: -- dbsupplements ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dbsup...

Secondary Y axis and more with Pivot charts...
Hi, Is it possible to use secondary axis in a pivot chart? I want to use secondary axis to create some milestones in my chart (something changed in week x, for example) I created a pivot table based on data with a weeknumber. Now there are weeks with no data that are not displayed. Is it possible to display weeknumbers on X-axis without any data? In my chart numbering is like: wk 52, 2,3,4,5,6,8 and it should be wk 52,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8. Thanks in advance, Stefan You can plot any of the series in a pivot chart on the secondary axis, by double clicking on the series and choosing Seconda...

How to select one record of each from a column
Hello, I have a large worksheet with data. Here are the columns (a,b & c): Order # Employee Hrs. 1000 Mike 2 2000 Mike 1 1000 Paul 2 3000 Rose 3 8000 Mike 1 3000 Mike 2 1000 Rose 1 4000 Paul 1 7000 Jhon 3 5000 Rose 2 1000 Jhon 3 6000 Mike 1 9000 Mike 3 1000 Mike 2 Is there a formula to select only one of each record on "Order #" (column a) and put them on another column (column d)??? Once the formula is created, column d should look like this: 1000 2000 3000 4000 5000 6000 7000 8000 9000 Help please!!! Th...

JWalk Chart Tools and hidden row problem
Hi, I user JWalk Chart Tools to add lables to my bar chart that are different than the actual values. By bars represent salaries whereas the lables in each bars represent the salary increase since last year. JWalk work fine... at least it does if you do not have hidden rows in your data series. I have about 100 charts that points to the same data series. The issue I have is that I have to filter my list based on a different criteria for each of the 100 charts. When you use a filter, Excel simply hides rows and the excel chart is smart enough not to include the hidden rows in the chart H...

Help with column
I have a datafeed that comes to me everyday i need to format one column of around 1000 rows so it multiples the total column but a 1000 so getting rid of the decimal point i.e =A3100.00 becoming 10000 , i also need to do this using a macro. can anyone help=20 Regards=20 Paul Dim iLastRow As Long Dim i As Long iLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row For i = 1 To iLastRow Cells(i, "A").Value = Cells(i, "A").Value * 100 Next i -- HTH Bob Phillips "lennymos123" <paul@palo.co.uk> wrote in message news:1115651206....

Selecting certain data points on a scatter chart
i need to know how to select certain data points on a scatter graph, s i can create a linear trend line just for those points -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Dag See my reply to Larry Campbell's post Peter >-----Original Message----- >i need to know how to select certain data points on a scatter graph, so >i can create a linear trend line just for those points. > > >--- >Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > >. > Add those points as a new series. Then, create a trendline for this new series. If these points have some patte...

Inserting Excel Data into Word Columns
Hi, I am fairly new to VBA and Excel/Word and have been trying to automat a sheet we have, I have created the Excel Sheet and unfortunately th Word doc was created sometime ago and cannot be changed. I have searched this forum and found this code: Code ------------------- Sub CreateNewWordDoc() ' to test this code, paste it into an Excel module ' add a reference to the Word-library ' create a new folder named C:\Foldername or edit the filnames in the code Dim wrdApp As Word.Application Dim wrdDoc As Word.Document Dim i As Integer Set wrdApp = CreateObject(&qu...