Charts look different when pasted into Word by different users

I work for a national organsiation.  When users in different locations paste
exactly the same chart into Word, using exactly the same method, the charts
look different: specifically, the font on the axis labels distorts slightly.
This makes it very difficult for documents incoporating charts to be created
across sites in a uniform manner.
0
Wales (3)

There may be subtle differences in the charts. Check that the Font Autoscale
checkbox has the same state (checked or unchecked) for all charts.

Also, which version(s) of Office is/are in use? The way Excel charts are
pasted into Word has evolved.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"HC Wales" <HC Wales@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I work for a national organsiation.  When users in different locations
>paste
> exactly the same chart into Word, using exactly the same method, the
> charts
> look different: specifically, the font on the axis labels distorts
> slightly.
> This makes it very difficult for documents incoporating charts to be
> created
> across sites in a uniform manner.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Different margins on odd/even pages
Hello - Anyone have code or tricks to format an Access report for binding? For example, with 1" margin on left and 0.5" margin on right for odd pages, and 0.5" margin on left and 1" margin on right for even pages. Works in most other Office apps, but not Access? Many thanks, rpf One way to do this is to set half inch margins, and move the controls across the page in the Format even of the Page Header section. This example assumes you put the unmoved position of each control you want to move into its Tag property. The value should be in twips, where 1440 twips = 1...

Enabling copy and paste in CComboBoxEx Edit Control
Hello, I have a CComboBoxEx created on a DialogBar. I want the Ctrl+Ins and Shift+Del keys to work for copy, paste and cut functions as one would expect them to, however they don't. I've followed the instructions outlined in Q174667 to subclass the edit control thinking I would be able to handle the WM_KEYDOWN message and enable copy, paste, etc... The subclass is successful but the derived CEdit class doesn't recieve any keyboard messages. What's the deep, dark secret to enable this simple functionality in the CComboBoxEx's edit control? It just seems like a simple t...

How to use different return email addresses
I use outlook 98. I have a mailbox with three aliases. People sending me emails can use any of the three email aliases and the email will arrive in the same mailbox. Accessing the mailbox once will retrieve all messages regardless of which alias was used. If I reply to these emails though, I want the recipient to think that the email has come from the alias that they originally used. What outlook always seems to do is use the email address of the service that is listed first in Tools->Services->Delivery. Is there any way Outlook can be set up so when I reply to a given email, my email ...

Help With Look Up Functions
Hello, I am working with a range of unsorted data which I would like to look up the first instance of "ON" and return the value in the adjacent column. Status Fuel Flow OFF 13,116 OFF 13,129 OFF 13,142 ON 13,154 ON 13,167 ON 13,180 ON 13,192 For example in this example I would like to pick out the fuel flow value on the first instance of ON, so it should return the value 13,154. I am having a bit of trouble figuring this out and would appreciate any assistance. Thanks so much, Mark With your table named as MyRng =VLOOKUP("ON",MyRng,2,0) With the value ON in say cell...

Legend on Chart

Outlook today pointing to a different calendar ?
My office caldenar file is actually on a separate networked drive that others have access to and not on my PC. Is there a way to get Outlook Today to point to that calendar instead of the default one, thereby showing my true calendar for the day ? ...

Demographic chart?

Excel 2007 Line Chart with Markers

Working with Different workbooks
Dear Receipient, I would like to know how to open two different excel files in two different workbooks, in other words... I want to see both files on the taskbar and not only one of them and the other is stacked somewhere behind it. Thanks and Regards, Menu Tools>Options>View and check the Windows In Taskbar checkbox. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "eawinga" <eawinga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFE4564D-6EB4-48AE-A297-A2DE99624C01@microsoft.com... > Dear Receipient, > > I would l...

Converting PDF File To Word
I'm trying to convert a PDF file to Word. I've found some converter programs but when I try to save the PDF file, I can only save it as a text. On Mar 4, 9:18=A0pm, "Connie" <no...@nospam.com> wrote: > I'm trying to convert a PDF file to Word. I've found some converter progr= ams > but when I try to save the PDF file, I can only save it as a text. PDF "format" is graphical and will not directly "transfer" into a Word document. Also, you posted this to a Vista group. Word was never delivered with any version of Windows, ...

Charting/ Graph question

Fixed Assets
I'm testing the fixed assets module in Great Plains. I want to switch from FAS to GP as soon as possible. The issue I am running into is that I have a fiscal year end of 6/30 for the books, but the tax year remains a calendar year. GP Fixed Assets doesn't seem to allow different fiscal years for each set of books. Will GP be updated with this feature soon? I would think that other companies have run into this issue, as well. If there is a way around this problem or "opportunity", please reply with that information. That would help a lot. Thanks. The Fixed Asse...

Chart in Chart

How do I create a chart....

Are Word2007 macros different from Word2003 macros ?
I have a small macro which I used in Word2003 which opens the new templates in "list" view instead of the "large icons" view which seems to be the default view in Word2007 as it was in Word 2003. I notice with the macro that it seems to be quite slow compared with its use in Word2003, and also it seems to open the new templates window in large icons view first, then changes it into list view. Does Word2007 handle macros in a different way to Word 2003 ? My little macro is simple, just SendKeys"%2" Dialogs(wdDialogFileNew).Show Is there a...

Outlook 2k3 and Word other
Hi, Rolled out Ex2k3 with OL2k3, half the clients are running Office 97/2k/XP. So now some of the functionality is broken, as expected, but customer wants Word being used for emails in Outlook. Has anybody discovered a hack or anything to get this working - it's the only feature we require... Thanks Marek On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 16:53:33 +1200, "Marek" <nospam@spam.spam> wrote: > >Rolled out Ex2k3 with OL2k3, half the clients are running Office 97/2k/XP. >So now some of the functionality is broken, as expected, but customer wants >Word being used for emails in...

Looking for sample code to send email with exchange
Does anybody have sample code to send email using exchange from an MFC application. Thanks Tom G I am not sending a document and I don't want my recipients to have to open a document. I want to send different emails to different people based on query results from a database. This app needs to run on an unattended machine at scheduled intervals. Thanks Tom G "Dan Bloomquist" <lakeweb@citlink.net> wrote in message news:3F4CEFA4.4020307@citlink.net... > > > Tom Groszko wrote: > > Does anybody have sample code to send email using exchange from an MFC >...

Microsoft word for a mac
Version: 2008 My microsoft word for mac got into the trash( on my computer) somehow, and now it wont relaunch even though I dragged it out of the trash and put it back into the bar. What can I do to fix it? If your reference to "the bar" actually means the OS X Dock, the icons there are *not* the programs themselves. They are simply links to the respective applictions. Look in the Microsoft Office 2008 folder in your Applications folder to determine whether the program is there. If it is, double-click it to see if Word will launch. Assuming it does, drag the Word icon to...

Auto Send Email With Attached Word Doc Created From Merge
I have an excel file. This file has 4 columns - sign, first name, last name and Email. My goal is to create a button on each line (or link) that will automatically create an email using the email address in that record. Not only will it say Dear first name and last name, but it will also have a word document attached. This word document will automatically generate with the sign number and save itself as sign###.doc. (# = number in the sign field) The email will then open in outlook with: Subject of - "Testing 123" Body of - "Dear First name and last name," Attachment of -...

How toChange color of first letter inEach word ofA column at once
Just imagine cell A1 "all". Now imagine cell A2 containing "ball" and then cell A3 containing "call" and so on for many more words in this A column. How can I change the color of just the first letter of every word in this column? As long as the cell contains text (not a formula and not a number), you can highlight the first letter of each cell in the formulabar and use Format|Cells (xl2003 menus) to change the font color. You could use a macro to do the work, too: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myCell As Range Dim myRng As Range ...

Chart items moving around

Difference from previous week
Hi, I have a report grouped into weeks, and a total amount. I would also like to show the difference between that day's amount and the amount from 7 days ago, basically to see how much the total has increased or decreased. I've tried making the control of a textbox [total] - dlookup("total","table","total - 7") but all I get then is '0'. Thanks in advance! On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 05:12:01 -0800, s4 <s4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >I have a report grouped into weeks, and a total amount. >I would also like to show the diffe...