Charts GONE after Windows XP SP3 Update!?!

I have Office 2007 SP1 Enterprise Edition and, until last night, Windows XP 
Professonal SP2 installed on my PC.  Last night I went through the normal 
Microsoft Update site to upgrade to SP3 and everything seemed to go well.  
However, I noticed this morning that all of my Excel files I have that 
previously had worksheets on them showing charts are not displaying those 
charts at all.  The worksheets that they were on are still in the files, but 
the charts themselves seem to have disappeared.  Has this happened to anyone 
else and does anyone know of a way to resolve this?  Thanks...
0
5/7/2008 1:59:00 PM
excel.charting 18370 articles. 0 followers. Follow

7 Replies
373 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 44

Hi,

I don't know of any issue.

Can you create charts in new workbooks? If so do this display after saving, 
closing and re-opening?
Do the charts re-appear if opened on a non xp3 machine?

You could check the setting Tools > Options > View > Show Objects > Show All

Cheers
Andy

-- 

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Mike Thompson" <MikeThompson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:CC0C5AF1-1F16-4156-97BF-D9EE68AF597F@microsoft.com...
>I have Office 2007 SP1 Enterprise Edition and, until last night, Windows XP
> Professonal SP2 installed on my PC.  Last night I went through the normal
> Microsoft Update site to upgrade to SP3 and everything seemed to go well.
> However, I noticed this morning that all of my Excel files I have that
> previously had worksheets on them showing charts are not displaying those
> charts at all.  The worksheets that they were on are still in the files, 
> but
> the charts themselves seem to have disappeared.  Has this happened to 
> anyone
> else and does anyone know of a way to resolve this?  Thanks... 

0
andy9699 (3616)
5/7/2008 2:22:07 PM
Hello Andy,

First of all, thank you for the quick reply.  So creating charts from a new 
worksheet doesn't work either.  I created sample data on one worksheet and 
inserted a chart object on that same worksheet based on that sample data.  
That seemed to work fine and created the line chart without issue.  However, 
when I right clicked the chart and selected 'Move Chart...' to move it to a 
new worksheet of its own, that worksheet was created, but was apparently 
blank with the chart having been removed from the original worksheet, but 
apparently not making it over to the new one.

Regarding checking my settings, where would I find the Tools menu item 
(remember this is Office 2007, not 2003).  Perhaps this is just my relative 
unfamiliarity with the 2007 product line showing though.

Anyway, any advice would obviously be much appreciated.

Regards,
Mike


"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> I don't know of any issue.
> 
> Can you create charts in new workbooks? If so do this display after saving, 
> closing and re-opening?
> Do the charts re-appear if opened on a non xp3 machine?
> 
> You could check the setting Tools > Options > View > Show Objects > Show All
> 
> Cheers
> Andy
> 
> -- 
> 
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info
> "Mike Thompson" <MikeThompson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:CC0C5AF1-1F16-4156-97BF-D9EE68AF597F@microsoft.com...
> >I have Office 2007 SP1 Enterprise Edition and, until last night, Windows XP
> > Professonal SP2 installed on my PC.  Last night I went through the normal
> > Microsoft Update site to upgrade to SP3 and everything seemed to go well.
> > However, I noticed this morning that all of my Excel files I have that
> > previously had worksheets on them showing charts are not displaying those
> > charts at all.  The worksheets that they were on are still in the files, 
> > but
> > the charts themselves seem to have disappeared.  Has this happened to 
> > anyone
> > else and does anyone know of a way to resolve this?  Thanks... 
> 
0
5/7/2008 5:01:00 PM
Hi,

My bad, I missed the 2007 reference. The setting would be,
Office Button > Excel Options > Advanced > Display Options fr this 
workbook. But this is not the problem as you say you can create chart 
objects.

Do you have a printer installed?

Cheers
Andy

Mike Thompson wrote:
> Hello Andy,
> 
> First of all, thank you for the quick reply.  So creating charts from a new 
> worksheet doesn't work either.  I created sample data on one worksheet and 
> inserted a chart object on that same worksheet based on that sample data.  
> That seemed to work fine and created the line chart without issue.  However, 
> when I right clicked the chart and selected 'Move Chart...' to move it to a 
> new worksheet of its own, that worksheet was created, but was apparently 
> blank with the chart having been removed from the original worksheet, but 
> apparently not making it over to the new one.
> 
> Regarding checking my settings, where would I find the Tools menu item 
> (remember this is Office 2007, not 2003).  Perhaps this is just my relative 
> unfamiliarity with the 2007 product line showing though.
> 
> Anyway, any advice would obviously be much appreciated.
> 
> Regards,
> Mike
> 
> 
> "Andy Pope" wrote:
> 
> 
>>Hi,
>>
>>I don't know of any issue.
>>
>>Can you create charts in new workbooks? If so do this display after saving, 
>>closing and re-opening?
>>Do the charts re-appear if opened on a non xp3 machine?
>>
>>You could check the setting Tools > Options > View > Show Objects > Show All
>>
>>Cheers
>>Andy
>>
>>-- 
>>
>>Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
>>http://www.andypope.info
>>"Mike Thompson" <MikeThompson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
>>news:CC0C5AF1-1F16-4156-97BF-D9EE68AF597F@microsoft.com...
>>
>>>I have Office 2007 SP1 Enterprise Edition and, until last night, Windows XP
>>>Professonal SP2 installed on my PC.  Last night I went through the normal
>>>Microsoft Update site to upgrade to SP3 and everything seemed to go well.
>>>However, I noticed this morning that all of my Excel files I have that
>>>previously had worksheets on them showing charts are not displaying those
>>>charts at all.  The worksheets that they were on are still in the files, 
>>>but
>>>the charts themselves seem to have disappeared.  Has this happened to 
>>>anyone
>>>else and does anyone know of a way to resolve this?  Thanks... 
>>

-- 

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
0
andy9699 (3616)
5/7/2008 6:34:11 PM
No problem.  By the way, all display options are checked (except for page 
breaks).  And yes, I do have a printer installed.  Like I said, the only 
thing that's different is that I could see my charts before the SP3 upgrade 
and afterwards I can't.  I consider myself fairly adept with computers but 
this thing's got me baffled...

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> My bad, I missed the 2007 reference. The setting would be,
> Office Button > Excel Options > Advanced > Display Options fr this 
> workbook. But this is not the problem as you say you can create chart 
> objects.
> 
> Do you have a printer installed?
> 
> Cheers
> Andy
> 
> Mike Thompson wrote:
> > Hello Andy,
> > 
> > First of all, thank you for the quick reply.  So creating charts from a new 
> > worksheet doesn't work either.  I created sample data on one worksheet and 
> > inserted a chart object on that same worksheet based on that sample data.  
> > That seemed to work fine and created the line chart without issue.  However, 
> > when I right clicked the chart and selected 'Move Chart...' to move it to a 
> > new worksheet of its own, that worksheet was created, but was apparently 
> > blank with the chart having been removed from the original worksheet, but 
> > apparently not making it over to the new one.
> > 
> > Regarding checking my settings, where would I find the Tools menu item 
> > (remember this is Office 2007, not 2003).  Perhaps this is just my relative 
> > unfamiliarity with the 2007 product line showing though.
> > 
> > Anyway, any advice would obviously be much appreciated.
> > 
> > Regards,
> > Mike
> > 
> > 
> > "Andy Pope" wrote:
> > 
> > 
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I don't know of any issue.
> >>
> >>Can you create charts in new workbooks? If so do this display after saving, 
> >>closing and re-opening?
> >>Do the charts re-appear if opened on a non xp3 machine?
> >>
> >>You could check the setting Tools > Options > View > Show Objects > Show All
> >>
> >>Cheers
> >>Andy
> >>
> >>-- 
> >>
> >>Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> >>http://www.andypope.info
> >>"Mike Thompson" <MikeThompson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> >>news:CC0C5AF1-1F16-4156-97BF-D9EE68AF597F@microsoft.com...
> >>
> >>>I have Office 2007 SP1 Enterprise Edition and, until last night, Windows XP
> >>>Professonal SP2 installed on my PC.  Last night I went through the normal
> >>>Microsoft Update site to upgrade to SP3 and everything seemed to go well.
> >>>However, I noticed this morning that all of my Excel files I have that
> >>>previously had worksheets on them showing charts are not displaying those
> >>>charts at all.  The worksheets that they were on are still in the files, 
> >>>but
> >>>the charts themselves seem to have disappeared.  Has this happened to 
> >>>anyone
> >>>else and does anyone know of a way to resolve this?  Thanks... 
> >>
> 
> -- 
> 
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info
> 
0
5/7/2008 9:04:05 PM
I've had the same annoying problem and am unable to move any chart to its own 
sheet, without it disappearing. I noticed that when I enable the "local area 
connection" (to the internet), then I am able to successfully move charts to 
their own sheet. 

Normally, I like to operate standalone (not connected to the internet) and 
when I do so, Excel 2007 has this problem. If I then enable the internet 
connection, within a minute or so I can move the charts. At this point, even 
if I drop the internet link, the charts can still be moved. However, once I 
close Excel and then restart it, I once again can no longer move the charts!

It's almost as if my Excel installation is lacking something, and by 
connecting to the internet it is able to find what it needs??

Regards,

Ed


"Mike Thompson" wrote:

> I have Office 2007 SP1 Enterprise Edition and, until last night, Windows XP 
> Professonal SP2 installed on my PC.  Last night I went through the normal 
> Microsoft Update site to upgrade to SP3 and everything seemed to go well.  
> However, I noticed this morning that all of my Excel files I have that 
> previously had worksheets on them showing charts are not displaying those 
> charts at all.  The worksheets that they were on are still in the files, but 
> the charts themselves seem to have disappeared.  Has this happened to anyone 
> else and does anyone know of a way to resolve this?  Thanks...
0
Smith1 (93)
6/4/2008 11:55:00 PM
Just to follow up on my earlier communication:

I have a networked printer (Brother Laser). It appears that the printer is 
what Excel is looking for, but can't find, when I have the LAN disabled. If 
Excel can't find the default printer, apparently it doesn't know how to draw 
the chart!! 

Ed

"Ed Smith" wrote:

> I've had the same annoying problem and am unable to move any chart to its own 
> sheet, without it disappearing. I noticed that when I enable the "local area 
> connection" (to the internet), then I am able to successfully move charts to 
> their own sheet. 
> 
> Normally, I like to operate standalone (not connected to the internet) and 
> when I do so, Excel 2007 has this problem. If I then enable the internet 
> connection, within a minute or so I can move the charts. At this point, even 
> if I drop the internet link, the charts can still be moved. However, once I 
> close Excel and then restart it, I once again can no longer move the charts!
> 
> It's almost as if my Excel installation is lacking something, and by 
> connecting to the internet it is able to find what it needs??
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Ed
> 
> 
> "Mike Thompson" wrote:
> 
> > I have Office 2007 SP1 Enterprise Edition and, until last night, Windows XP 
> > Professonal SP2 installed on my PC.  Last night I went through the normal 
> > Microsoft Update site to upgrade to SP3 and everything seemed to go well.  
> > However, I noticed this morning that all of my Excel files I have that 
> > previously had worksheets on them showing charts are not displaying those 
> > charts at all.  The worksheets that they were on are still in the files, but 
> > the charts themselves seem to have disappeared.  Has this happened to anyone 
> > else and does anyone know of a way to resolve this?  Thanks...
0
EdSmith (1)
6/5/2008 1:48:01 AM
Dear Ed Smith - 
You are totally correct - Excel won't move a chart to a separate sheet if 
it's "confused" by the installed printers on the PC.
I had the same problem you did: when I tried to move a chart to a new sheet, 
the sheet would be created, but it would be blank.
Then I read your post.
I uninstalled an old default printer driver (printer's gone to that place in 
the sky, ya know), and installed a valid driver for a local printer.
Then Excel moved charts to new sheets just fine.
Go figure!!!!!!!
 - Bill Bateman

"Ed Smith" wrote:

> Just to follow up on my earlier communication:
> 
> I have a networked printer (Brother Laser). It appears that the printer is 
> what Excel is looking for, but can't find, when I have the LAN disabled. If 
> Excel can't find the default printer, apparently it doesn't know how to draw 
> the chart!! 
> 
> Ed
> 
> "Ed Smith" wrote:
> 
> > I've had the same annoying problem and am unable to move any chart to its own 
> > sheet, without it disappearing. I noticed that when I enable the "local area 
> > connection" (to the internet), then I am able to successfully move charts to 
> > their own sheet. 
> > 
> > Normally, I like to operate standalone (not connected to the internet) and 
> > when I do so, Excel 2007 has this problem. If I then enable the internet 
> > connection, within a minute or so I can move the charts. At this point, even 
> > if I drop the internet link, the charts can still be moved. However, once I 
> > close Excel and then restart it, I once again can no longer move the charts!
> > 
> > It's almost as if my Excel installation is lacking something, and by 
> > connecting to the internet it is able to find what it needs??
> > 
> > Regards,
> > 
> > Ed
> > 
> > 
> > "Mike Thompson" wrote:
> > 
> > > I have Office 2007 SP1 Enterprise Edition and, until last night, Windows XP 
> > > Professonal SP2 installed on my PC.  Last night I went through the normal 
> > > Microsoft Update site to upgrade to SP3 and everything seemed to go well.  
> > > However, I noticed this morning that all of my Excel files I have that 
> > > previously had worksheets on them showing charts are not displaying those 
> > > charts at all.  The worksheets that they were on are still in the files, but 
> > > the charts themselves seem to have disappeared.  Has this happened to anyone 
> > > else and does anyone know of a way to resolve this?  Thanks...
0
Utf
6/12/2008 6:37:01 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

windows update 04-15-10
I am running windows vista on a MAC computer with VMWare Fusion. I cannot get the service pack 1 or internet explorer 8 update to run. i get error code 490 and 800704090 Too late now! Support for Vista Gold (no Service Packs) ended on Tuesday, 13 April 2010! Computers running Vista Gold "will no longer receive software updates from Windows Update" until SP1 has been manually installed (which will require several Prerequisite Updates to be installed first). See http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windowsvista/archive/2010/04/13/end-of-support-for-windows-vista-with-no...

Install FrontPage 2003 on Windows 7
i tried several times to install, the program told me it has been installed, but it is not. What can I do. On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 10:48:01 -0700, monising <monising@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i tried several times to install, the program told me it has been installed, >but it is not. What can I do. Please be more explicit about what you're doing, what you're seeing, and what error messages - if any - you are getting. I have FrontPage 2003 installed on Windows 7 Ultimate x64, and it's working fine. Also, are you installing from original media? A...

Inserting charts into many workbooks
Hi, I'm using Excel 2007 and am pretty new to VBA. I have a folder with 40 or so workbooks- all with the same worksheet table format. The worksheets are huge (20 000 + rows, 50 or so columns). I need to open a workbook, make several fully formatted graphs, then insert the same graphs into every workbook , updated them with that workbooks' data. Any ideas on code for this? This isn't fully automated, but it will save some time. In one workbook, create the chart and format it to your specs. Then paste the chart into another workbook, and use the utility linked to i...

Setting series values on Excel Chart
Hi I'm struggling very hard in getting beyond this error when trying to use VB to generate a chart from data previously inserted into the sheet. Unable to set the Values property of the Series class. The code works absolutely fine in XL2007 but I am having to port it back to 2003 and the inference is that its empty values that cause it to hiccup - something I cannot avoid. My code is: 1. Retrieve selected data from database and place it at the top of the sheet 2. Add The Chart 3. Iterate through the data (amount can be variable depending upon user inputs) For j as i...

Windows Live crap
About 4 days ago I noticed a site called Windows Live ID. It suggested to set up a profile and promised that with a single username and password you could log on to all Windows Live applications such as Hotmail, Windows Live Messenger, Windows Live Mail etc. etc. I thought what a good idea, not having to have 10 different usernames and passwords, so I used my old hotmail adress and username to set up a profile. But the ID said I coildn't use my hotmail for some reason, can't remember what. A few hours later I logged on to Windows Live Messenger as I have done for years, w...

Timestamp value of GINA window presentation
I am currently troubleshooting slow logon times for a client with computer infrastructure spread across the globe. Before I start invesagating I want to create a baseline for logon times. I have modified the clients logon script to record when it starts and when it ends. I am using the computers tick count to record how long the computer has been on, but realize that there is a space of time between the user authenicating to the computer (control-alt-delete) and when the logon script starts, if the customer turns his computer on and then leave for an extended period of time I ...

Junk button in windows live accidently pressed
Whenever I open up WLM i press sync automatically as a bad habbit. Because of the loading time, the junk button usually gets inserted before the sync button, pushing it out to the right after its loaded. I therefore accidently press the junk button by accident sometimes. This is a classic Microsoft HCI problem. Surely the button should be there but greyed out when you cant click it. Having buttons moving around in menus is bad in the same way popups are bad. So break your bad habit WLM will sync automatically when 1st opened peter -- If you find a posting or message...

I get COMException while exporting chart on IIS 6.0.
I have this code that works perfectly on my development machine when I deployed it at customer site it gets exception. Here is the error and my code: thanks error ========== Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the c...

Is this a correct way of doing an optimistic update
Imagine two different users executing this code at the same time. I can not use the CRecordset Update Delete methods for this. // Check to see if version number has been incremented since this view read in // the client data CClientRecordSet rs(mConn); rs.m_strFilter = "ID = "; rs.m_strFilter += client->GetKey(); rs.m_strFilter +=" AND "; rs.m_strFilter += "Version = "; rs.m_strFilter += client->GetVersion(); // Assuming here, this is acting as a lock on tables referenced mConn->BeginTrans(); rs.Open(CRecordset::snapshot, NULL, CRecordset::re...

chart line style problem
I am making a scatter chart (with lines) in Excel 2007 under Vista. I can select a line style, for example, long dashes. However, if I try to change the axis (change from "automatic" to "fixed" on the horizontal axis), the line on the chart immediately becomes solid again. The legend still shows the proper dashing. I can get the dashing partly back by making the line thinner, but only where the variation is fastest - regions where the derivative is near zero are still solid even for thin lines. I'll appreciate any help! frank I was not able to reproduce this. Can you...

How can I stop charts from refreshing when changing source data?
My problem is, that I am working with a lot of data and when I change some of the ranges all charts in my view refreshes and it takes much time. My pc is aP4 3GHz, 2GB RAM so that should not be the bottleneck. Is there any way to force the charts not to update all the time? ...

Outlook 2002 SP3- Runtime Error when opening Outlook
I'm getting a runtime error- Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library / Program C:/Program Files/ microsoftoffice/ office10 /outlook.exe. This App has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusal way. This only happen the first time I open Outlook for the day. It shuts down, then I can reopen it and all is fine. I have try to debug it and the detect & repair option in the help tab. Any help is Appreciated! ...

host unreachable after recent Windows Update
Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000 Server, fully patched and running real swell until Wednesday morning. (Tuesday evening: applied the GDI+ patch: MS04-028.) Didn't find out until later today: internal e-mail is fine, inbound Internet e-mail is fine, but nothing goes out over the IMC. Each outbound e-mail generates Event ID 3010 warning message in the App log: host unreachable. But NSLOOKUP on that very server successfully resolve those same domain names, and ping gets replies. The only other software on this server: GroupShield 5.0 all up-to-date, and VirusScan 8.0.0 patch 1 push...

Updating Related Entities Via Workflow
I'm a complete newbie to workflows, so your help is much appreciated. In general my question is, can a parent entity be updated via workflow rules when some event occurs on a related child entity, or does this need to happen via assembly or callout? Specifically... I have a situation where leads come into our system from various places. Because I cannot add leads to a queue, I use a workflow to create a phone call for each lead and add it to a queue. Now, is it possible (through workflow) that when a user accepts the phone call activity from the queue, that the parent lead own...

Issue installing FRx 6.7 on Windows 2003
I am encountering an unhandled exception error when attempting the installation. The installation prompts for the language, I select English, then Next. The progress bar makes it all the way to the right of the next screen, then I get the above error. This is a brand new quad CPU Dell OS is base WIndows Server 2003 Enterprise, not SP1 Only installed software is: IIS 6.0 (FTP, WWW, MSMQ) CA ArcServe (backup software) SQL 2000 Enterprise, Analysis Services, both at SP3a WinZip Acrobat 6.0 Reader Hello, Can you give us the exact error message you're receiving (all words and numbers fro...

Pay code update with Integration Manager
I am trying to do a Pay Code update for all employees using Integration Manager using the General Payroll Update. I am able to get the standard Pay Codes to update, but cannot seem to get the "Based On" Pay Codes to update. When I log into GP and view the Employee Maintenance and Go To Pay Codes, I see the standard update. However the Based On Pay Codes remain the old rates unless I select select the Pay Code and simply click Ok. Then the update automatically is brought in. How can I get these updates to take without having to visit each of the Based On Pay Codes and sele...

Inconsistent Chart Sizing Into PPT
Can't get charts to paste into PowerPoint with consistent size. To test, I expanded (using the corner handles) two charts to exactly fill the screen. When I copy/paste each chart into an individual slide in PowerPoint, one is noticibally larger than the other. Is there a way to make the charts the same size and paste the same size? I have an article on this in the works, due out in about 24 months, the rate I'm going. A. Use embedded charts, and use Copy Picture (hold shift while selecting Edit menu, os Copy turns to Copy Picture) with On Screen and As Picture options. B. ...

Charting dynamic range
Ok let me say i fully understand how to name a range and in the source data use the formula =sheetname!rangename Problem arrises when my macro that runs an advanced filter with the source data and add data to the bottom of the range the chart reverts back to it's initial data source =sheet1!$a$4:$b$15 so even though it accept the named range intitailly once the advanced filter runs it almost ommits the named range. I am using 2007 and i never had this problem in 2003. What suggestions do you have for me? Thank you!!!!! -- Thank you, Jennifer ...

error message in Outlook after running windows and office updates
Hello, I am hoping someone can help me with this. When ever a few staff tries to send a new e-mail, a message "Do you want to save changes" come up and on the back of this message I see the spell checker box come up. The problem is that if you click on "no" on the error message, it comes up with another message something like "running out of memory". I just ran all the windows and office updates on all the machines in the company and so far two employees are having this problem. Is this something to do with the updates? Any suggestions? did you try ...

Outlook should keep files in the clipboard after closing a window
When you open a message (in a new window) in Outlook 2007, and copy one or more files contained in this message, and then close the window, the file is not kept in the clipboard. I have to copy the file and paste it before closing the window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I ...

Default font in charts
Is there any way to change the default font in charts? ie, I'd like every axis and title to be 16pt Times New Roman right off the bat. Thanks. Alex "Alex" <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6096B69F-DCF5-4BB8-8158-433A4A416053@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to change the default font in charts? ie, I'd like every > axis and title to be 16pt Times New Roman right off the bat. Thanks. Set up a chart the way you want it to look. Right-click in its chart area and choose Chart Type. Click the Custom Types tab and hit the "set as default...

Do money updates install when you're not admin?
I noticed when I first start using money it told me to log on as administrator so that the updates can take effect. Is this true of all money updates? When I see the message "Money update recieved" does that mean it has also been installed or do I have to log in as admin to complete the process? In microsoft.public.money, Brian H wrote: >I noticed when I first start using money it told me to log on as >administrator so that the updates can take effect. Is this true of all money >updates? When I see the message "Money update recieved" does that mean it >has a...

Continuous update unsuccessful--this is truly bogus
Any updated info on the online account updating issues in Money 2005/2006. Example. I have several credit cards listed and setup for online account access, downloaded transactions (advanced register), etc. Suddenly the account will get an error stating that "update unsuccessful" and then never updates after that. I have read where the advice was to delete the online account and reset it up. The problems I have with that are that when I do that, now all my transaction history for that account is lost and I am given only the balance. I have selected the max for account hist...

Dynamic chart labels
I am using a dynamic bar chart and want to add a label to an individua data point. Is there a way to do this so that the label follows th data point as the chart updates -- danoPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup acces A datalabel will follow the datapoint and update as appropriate. To add data labels to a series, double click the series and click on the Data Labels tab. To add data labels to a single point, select the series then the point (two single clicks), then double click on the point, and again click on the Data Labels tab. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Ex...

show last data point in chart
Hello, I am charting a range of observations/data points. Is there a way to make the last data point show up differently on the chart (different color/shape)? Thank you. Nathan - > I am charting a range of observations/data points. Is there a way to make the last data point show up differently on the chart (different color/shape)? < Click the charted data once to select the entire data series. Pause. Click the single point to select it. Then use the Format menu. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com Thanks for your reply. Well, that would work if I knew which point on the chart ...