hello,

1.
how can i make a link to a cell in chart title, category axis & value axis?
i'd like to know how to make a title like eg below:

'Average revenues
[=B2], [=B3]' <- in line below (smaller font size than in line above)

2.
how can i make a my own chart (custom type) by making a own template (how to make a template, and how to implement it to excel
custom types charts)
i am interested in making types similar denkin diagram (similar to radar type) or leontief branch flow matrix (similar to x-y plot
with columns and rows with second x axis and second y axis)
is there any chart/ plot/ chart template editor or helpful instruction (in i-net) covering this topic?

Big thanks for help.

Regards.

--
Damn the language

0
mnjiodek (6)

1. You can link a title to the contents of a cell, but you can't use a
formula that refers to more than one cell or includes text. Use a
formula in a cell to build the label you want to see, then select the
axis title or chart title, press the Equals key, and select the cell
with the mouse.

If you need different font sizes, you will have to make two different
text items. One can be the title, the other must be a text box. Making a
textbox linked to a cell is easy. Select the chart, press the Equals
key, and select the cell with the mouse.

2. First design a chart. Then select the chart and choose Chart Type
from the Chart menu. Click on the Custom Types tab, then check the User
Defined option. Click Add, then enter a name and description for the
chart. Then press okay until you are out. Next time you make or format a
chart, you will be able to select your custom chart type for the new chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

mnjiodek wrote:

> hello,
>
> 1.
> how can i make a link to a cell in chart title, category axis & value axis?
> i'd like to know how to make a title like eg below:
>
> 'Average revenues
> [=B2], [=B3]' <- in line below (smaller font size than in line above)
>
> 2.
> how can i make a my own chart (custom type) by making a own template (how to make a template, and how to implement it to excel
> custom types charts)
> i am interested in making types similar denkin diagram (similar to radar type) or leontief branch flow matrix (similar to x-y plot
> with columns and rows with second x axis and second y axis)
> is there any chart/ plot/ chart template editor or helpful instruction (in i-net) covering this topic?
>

> Big thanks for help.
>
> Regards.
>

> --
> Damn the language

0
DOjonNOT (619)
6/16/2004 5:23:48 PM
G�upia wrotka dla Jon Peltier:

> If you need different font sizes, you will have to make two different
> text items. One can be the title, the other must be a text box. Making a
> textbox linked to a cell is easy. Select the chart, press the Equals
> key, and select the cell with the mouse.

now it is easy... ;)

> 2. First design a chart. Then select the chart and choose Chart Type
> from the Chart menu. Click on the Custom Types tab, then check the User
> Defined option. Click Add, then enter a name and description for the
> chart. Then press okay until you are out. Next time you make or format a
> chart, you will be able to select your custom chart type for the new chart.

But i'd like to design completely different (from other chart types) chart - a chart that do not bases on available charts...
Is there possibility to make a template and implement it or use any chart editor or anything to create such a chart?

--
Damn the language

0
mnjiodek (6)
6/16/2004 9:07:13 PM

mnjiodek wrote:

> G�upia wrotka dla Jon Peltier:
>

>>If you need different font sizes, you will have to make two different
>>text items. One can be the title, the other must be a text box. Making a
>>textbox linked to a cell is easy. Select the chart, press the Equals
>>key, and select the cell with the mouse.
>

> now it is easy... ;)
>

>>2. First design a chart. Then select the chart and choose Chart Type
>>from the Chart menu. Click on the Custom Types tab, then check the User
>>Defined option. Click Add, then enter a name and description for the
>>chart. Then press okay until you are out. Next time you make or format a
>>chart, you will be able to select your custom chart type for the new chart.
>

> But i'd like to design completely different (from other chart types) chart - a chart that do not bases on available charts...
> Is there possibility to make a template and implement it or use any chart editor or anything to create such a chart?

There's always the possibility. But you need some way to get information
from a sheet into graphical form. Excel's charts are a pretty handy way
to do this.

What's the nature of your specialized chart? What makes it unsuitable
for adaptation of an Excel chart? There are many things you can do with
charts that are not apparent at first glance. To see a few examples,
browse around my web site for a few minutes.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

0
DOjonNOT (619)
6/16/2004 11:02:47 PM
G�upia wrotka dla Jon Peltier:

> There's always the possibility. But you need some way to get information
> from a sheet into graphical form. Excel's charts are a pretty handy way
> to do this.

i.e.

denkin diagram presenting correlation between many variables
this chart is similar to tree
imagine n time series of revenues and time serie of GDP [1]
then at radar chart i present value of n correlation between revenues and GDP
(but i'd like each value show as line from centre to velue)
i created such a chart with VBA code that modyfies colour and thickness of those lines
[in case of minus value of correlation i present module of this value with cold coloured line]

but i'd like to expand this chart. [2]
First i find values of correlations between revenues (each with each)
From each point representing value of correlation i want guide lines representing correlations between a particulary time serie of
revenue and 3 time series that are most correlated and 3 that are less correlated

it is also similar to fractal structure
if you read post in curier new look at an ascii below

                         \ | /
                          \|/_.-
                           +'--
                      \ | /
                     ._\|/_.
                  |    '+'  <-- correlation [2] between n time series
                  |    /               |   (only choosen 3 max and 3 min values)
                  |   /      \ | /   |/_
                  |  /        \|/_.-
                  | /       _..+'---
main              |/ _..--''  /|\'-.
correlation --->  +'         / | \
[1] n values

is it clear? sorry i have same troubles with describing in english ;/

i think it is manageable with VBA and simple x-y chart (each piont must have own x, y parmeters and position in data range
depending on value of correlation)

i.e. type in following data:
x: -3 4 3 4 5 4 6 4 7 4 6 4 5 4 3
y:  3 3 1 3 1 3 2 3 3 3 4 3 5 3 5

and you will see example of second step with using only XY chart  ;)

but i find this way to arduous... ;/

> What's the nature of your specialized chart? What makes it unsuitable
> for adaptation of an Excel chart? There are many things you can do with
> charts that are not apparent at first glance. To see a few examples,
> browse around my web site for a few minutes.

i visited your page long time age - i found some useful files and tips
thanks

regards

--
Damn the language

0
mnjiodek (6)
6/17/2004 12:05:52 AM
You are obviously further outside the box than most. Take a look at
Fernando Cinquegrani's web site:

    http://www.prodomosua.it/ppage02.html

He has done some very intriguing things, constructing graphics with VBA
that go beyond regular Excel charts. There may be things there that
approximate your intent.

- Jon
-------

mnjiodek wrote:

> G�upia wrotka dla Jon Peltier:
>

>>There's always the possibility. But you need some way to get information
>>from a sheet into graphical form. Excel's charts are a pretty handy way
>>to do this.
>

> i.e.
>
> denkin diagram presenting correlation between many variables
> this chart is similar to tree
> imagine n time series of revenues and time serie of GDP [1]
> then at radar chart i present value of n correlation between revenues and GDP
> (but i'd like each value show as line from centre to velue)
> i created such a chart with VBA code that modyfies colour and thickness of those lines
> [in case of minus value of correlation i present module of this value with cold coloured line]
>
> but i'd like to expand this chart. [2]
> First i find values of correlations between revenues (each with each)
> From each point representing value of correlation i want guide lines representing correlations between a particulary time serie of
> revenue and 3 time series that are most correlated and 3 that are less correlated
>
> it is also similar to fractal structure
> if you read post in curier new look at an ascii below
>
>                          \ | /
>                           \|/_.-
>                            +'--
>                       \ | /
>                      ._\|/_.
>                   |    '+'  <-- correlation [2] between n time series
>                   |    /               |   (only choosen 3 max and 3 min values)
>                   |   /      \ | /   |/_
>                   |  /        \|/_.-
>                   | /       _..+'---
> main              |/ _..--''  /|\'-.
> correlation --->  +'         / | \
> [1] n values
>
> is it clear? sorry i have same troubles with describing in english ;/
>
> i think it is manageable with VBA and simple x-y chart (each piont must have own x, y parmeters and position in data range
> depending on value of correlation)
>
> i.e. type in following data:
> x: -3 4 3 4 5 4 6 4 7 4 6 4 5 4 3
> y:  3 3 1 3 1 3 2 3 3 3 4 3 5 3 5
>
> and you will see example of second step with using only XY chart  ;)
>
> but i find this way to arduous... ;/
>

>>What's the nature of your specialized chart? What makes it unsuitable
>>for adaptation of an Excel chart? There are many things you can do with
>>charts that are not apparent at first glance. To see a few examples,
>>browse around my web site for a few minutes.
>

> i visited your page long time age - i found some useful files and tips
> thanks
>
> regards
>
> --
> Damn the language

0
DOjonNOT (619)
6/17/2004 1:40:43 AM
G�upia wrotka dla Jon Peltier:

> You are obviously further outside the box than most. Take a look at
> Fernando Cinquegrani's web site:
>
>     http://www.prodomosua.it/ppage02.html
>
> He has done some very intriguing things, constructing graphics with VBA
> that go beyond regular Excel charts. There may be things there that
> approximate your intent.

ooo! - you are great ;) thank you

--
Damn the language

0
mnjiodek (6)

Legend on Chart

Out of Office doesn't reply the external mails after migration from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 #2
After I have made an In-Place migration of Exchange server with all of the mailboxes on it without using exmerge, the Out-of-Office of most of the old users, which are created before migration, replies only the internal mails but no more external mails. The Out-of -Office of the new users, which are created after migration, works however very well. Using Mdbvu32.exe (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/248709/en-us) I have removed the inbox rules (each row with CB items, OOF Rules or MSFT:TDX OOF Rules under "Associated Messages in Fld") and even all rules in an inbox under it. But thi...

Demographic chart?

Excel 2007 Line Chart with Markers

Excel help #2
Hi - I'm pretty familiar with most stuff in excel and I'd say I'm an intermediate user. I would like to learn how to do vba in excel. Does anyone know of any online help or tutorials that would teach me? If possible, I would like interactive suggestions. Thanks in advance. Newtechie David McRitchie's "Getting Started". Note links to other sites at the boittom of the page. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm VBA Tutorial from Microsoft. http://support.microsoft.com/support/excel/content/vba101/default.asp There are many more, but these sho...

Conditional formatting in a cell formula
I am constructing a workbook which will hold a full season's fixtures and results as the season progresses. As there are 16 teams in the competition, there are 8 lines per week's results (home team and away team per line). To simplify things, basically this is how each week will look: [Best viewed in a fixed pitch font] | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 A | Home Team 1 | Pts For | Pts Agst | Away Team 1 | Pts For | Pts Ag [....] H | Home Team 8 | Pts For | Pts Agst | Away Team 8 | Pts For | Pts Ag Using Format | Conditional Formatting, I have set th...

Charting/ Graph question

Why doesn't this work with XPath 1.0?
I'm using .Net 2.0. I realize that this means XPath 1.0 (which is ridiculous). So here's a document that I have that's not on disk but held in a variable (I queried an Exchange appointment calendar): <?xml version="1.0"?> <a:multistatus xmlns:b="urn:uuid:c2f41010-65b3-11d1-a29f-00aa00c14882/" xmlns:d="urn:schemas:httpmail:" xmlns:f="urn:schemas:mailheader:" xmlns:c="xml:" xmlns:e="urn:schemas:calendar:" xmlns:a="DAV:"> <a:prop> <a:parentname>http://mail.somewhere.com/davrdir/john.doe...

Chart in Chart

How do I create a chart....

Date Problem #2
When I type 31/11/03 in a cell it will not follow the same format as the rest of the dates I have typed in. Can anyone please tell me why? I am using Excel from Office 2000 on XP Home Operating System. If that is referring to the 31st of November, unless there is a new leap year for November, Excel would be confused. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Gary Pickett" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A29ECE7C-4333-4D8D-818F-EF29CD835845@microsoft.com... > When I type 31/11/03 in a cell it will not follow the same format as the rest ...

link to file in article

Chart items moving around

Adding amount from 1 colum depending on # piece amount in colum 2
L8 through L14 has $amount, N8 through N14 has # of pieces. I need N15 to have the total $amount. Example L8 N8 23.00 2 14.00 0 5.00 1 N!4 51.00 I have searched and found a few examples but had a lot more involvement Thanks Thanks Mike What you appear to be doing can be a very simple calculation of =L8*N8+L9*N9+L10*N10 (in your given figures) but that is not a satisfactory way to handle this problem. You should be using a column which calculates the total value of each row and...

How To Chart A Formula in Excel 2007

Get $500 To Your PAYPAL Account In Just A Minutes #2
Do you need some extra money right now? Would you be interested to get $500 daily Paypal Money through some genuine tricks from home internet ? Get Money Online for FREE! Get started in the next few minutes without FEES..... Yes Absolutely ... This TRICK is absolutely FREE for all..... See the FORM for details on how to get $500 to your account. Due to some Premises I Have Hidden the FORM in an IMAGE ...... CLICK on the IMAGE which is BELOW the SEARCH BOX http://www.webinfos4all.euro.st ...

Custom Number Format #5
Hey Benjielop, That was fast! I tried the formula (replacing A1 with B4, where the first tag is), bu Excel 2000 gives back an error message pointing to =left*(b4,1)*.... -- Excelder ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Excelders's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1556 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27130 ...

Create a numerical sequence in a column: From 1 to ....
I want to automatically generate a sequence of numbers from 1 to....X without typing them all. How? Depechez wrote: > I want to automatically generate a sequence of numbers from 1 to....X without > typing them all. How? Hi Depechez, You could type in 1 in A1 and 2 in A2. Then highlight them and pull the autofill handle (The little black square in the buttom right cornor of your highligted selection) to the row you want to. Regards, Bondi In A1 enter 1 In A2 enter 2 Select both cells and drag/copy down column A as far as you wish. OR Enter 1 in A1 In name box enter A1:A12300 ...

create chart from external application
Hi, I would like to know if this is possible.... I have an application that contains an hierarchical chart. I would like to export this data into a format that Visio can *understand*, and then import it into Visio and have it display in a hierarchical manner. Does any body know if this is possible to do. .....or, if there is another way of getting my data into Visio, can you please let me know. Thanks. Here is an article that describes how to automate the org chart wizard, and how to format your data: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/2002/articles/spotlight5_July00.aspx Hope ...

select all non-blank cells from different workbook
hi again, I need a macro to select and copy all non-blank cells from Sheet1 FROM one workbook, then paste these cells into a different workbook, sheet2 at Cell A1. thanks much! Just to clarify, is the data in sheet1 in orderly manner and what do you mean about sheet2? How does the data need to be on the sheet2? Rgrds, Kristiina -- I help with Excel and PowerPoint Office ToDo http://www.officetodo.com ...