ChartLabeler Questions

I have been using the ChartLabeler from appspro.com that by the way it is
fantastic!!!!!!. in all my charts to add difference kind of labels

However, I have noticed that every time I have new data to load in my chart
the chartlabeler does not update automatically the new points loaded in the
graph. I have more than 30 graphs in this file and I have to add the label
again to
each graph to get the new point with the label.

Do you know if there is any way to automate this chartlabeler?
I will appreciate you helping with this matter.

Maperalia

0
maperalia (28)

Unfortunately the labeler cannot keep up with dynamic data ranges. What I do
if I need a dynamic chart that will grow, is set up the dynamic ranges, then
add as much dummy data and labels as I imagine I'll ever have of real data.
I apply the labels to this artificially large region, then I clear the
cells. As points are added, the individual points remember which cell their
label had come from when the labels were first applied.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"maperalia" <maperalia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been using the ChartLabeler from appspro.com that by the way it is
> fantastic!!!!!!. in all my charts to add difference kind of labels
>
> However, I have noticed that every time I have new data to load in my
> chart
> the chartlabeler does not update automatically the new points loaded in
> the
> graph. I have more than 30 graphs in this file and I have to add the label
> again to
> each graph to get the new point with the label.
>
> Do you know if there is any way to automate this chartlabeler?
> I will appreciate you helping with this matter.
>
> Maperalia

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Time Conversion question
One of the pieces of software we use gives us time in an awkward format. 16633 means 166 minutes 33 seconds. I need a formula to convert this figure to a decimal respresentation of time (166.55 for the example listed previously). Any help will be much appreciated. =INT(A1/100)+MOD(A1,100)*5/300 HTH. Best wishes Harald "Sean Skallerud" <SeanSkallerud@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:050BD3C6-E67A-4F94-B08B-695A038B33A6@microsoft.com... > One of the pieces of software we use gives us time in an awkward format. > 16633 means 166 minutes 33 seconds. I...

RTV Questions
I noticed that I can enter many items on an RTV transaction. When I go to the RTB Shipping window and check mark the M column on one of the items, it asks if I want all items for that RTV transaction marked. Do you need to enter the cost for each item? If I mark all items on the RTV transaction and hit the Post button, many payables credit memos are created. Will it create many payables credit memos or is there a setting to create only one credit memo? >I noticed that I can enter many items on an RTV transaction. When I go to the RTB Shipping window and check mark the M column on...

XSL If Question
Hi, I am using XSL if to look and see if a node exists and if so display it with a header (see below). Some of the xml I transforming has nodes like this <Test /> and it shows up in my html report (header no value). How do I test for this? <xsl:if test="Test"> <xsl:if test="Test"> <b><xsl:text>Header: </xsl:text></b> <xsl:value-of select="Test"/> <br></br> </xsl:if> Thanks test for: Test[normalize-space(node())] Cheers, Dimitre Novatchev "Fred" <fred@fred.com> wrote...

Question about installing the CRM-Exchange E-mail Router on Exchange server with Mail Essentials anti-spammer installed
Getting ready to install the CRM-Exchange e-mail router on my Exchange 2000 Server. We also happen to have the Mail Essentials Anti-Spam software installed on this exchange server. Does anyone know of any negative interactions or anything I need to be aware of before installing the E-mail router? Thanks for the response! -Dave Vandenberghe dave@global-image.com We too are using third-party anti-spam software on our Exchange 2K server and it hasn't had any conflict with the Email Router for CRM. -Gary "Dave Vandenberghe" <dave@global-image.com> wrote in message ne...

General Novice Questions (Protection, Format)
I have created a spreadsheet and have restricted a row and footing row (totals) from being changed by using the "format cells / protection" feature. I have left all the data entry rows unprotected so that the entry people can make changes. These entry rows have columns with specfics formats like Date, Currency, etc and I make it all look nice with the grid feature. Finally, I set "Tools /Protection/ Protect sheet" to active the protected cells. The problem is how can the user Insert new rows? To get around this, I created enough rows so that the user has the space they n...

Outlook question #8
I'm using Microsoft Outlook 2007 and am having trouble setting my email up correctly. I am unable to see animations and hear music within an email. Outlook Express had this capability, but doesn't Outlook, it seems to be a superior product from OE. MS <MS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm using Microsoft Outlook 2007 and am having trouble setting my > email up correctly. I am unable to see animations and hear music > within an email. Outlook Express had this capability, but doesn't > Outlook, it seems to be a superior product from OE. For securi...

Question???
I have a spreadsheet with calculations I also have a website and I wa wondering is there a way to cut out a section of an excel spreadshee to just show that on my webpage or will I have to have the whole exce page open to get my calculations to work. Basically I want a little bo on my webpage with the small spreadsheet but I don't want to have t open the whole page. Not sure If I explained that well enough...lo -- CadensDa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- CadensDad's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1746 Vi...

Simple Report Formatting Question
Good morning everyone. I have what I think is a fairly simple question, with hopefully a simple answer. Question is regarding the "Can Grow" property. The fields in the DETAILS section of my report contain borders. I have the CAN GROW property set to Yes for all fields. My question is - if one of the fields needs to grow to accomodate text data, how can instruct the remaining fileds to also grow to the same size. The right most field in my report contains user comments (it is a memo field), and quite often it needs to grow, but the remaining fields in the row do not grow. The r...

SUMIF question #3
Hi, I have a workbook with column A formatted as dates, and column B containing numbers. I would like to know how to get excel to tell me how much the sum of the numbers would be for a given time frame. So, for instance, if I wanted to know the sum of the numbers in column B that have year 2006 in column A, etc. There must be a way to do this, but I'm stumped. Also, can the criteria in the date be narrowed to give me a sum of just, say, a given month within a given year? Thanks in advance, Jim Try this: With Dates in A1:A30 Amounts in B1:B30 Here are 2 variations of the same formu...

Question
I have a typical office network configured under windows 2003 server. If the shared folders stored on the server suddenly start getting disconnected from each terminal, that means that my DNS on each terminal has been wrongly configured, or there is another thing to consider? Thanks JPG Can you post unedited ipconfig /all from server and client? -- Regards, Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup. Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] http://www.microsoft.com/protect "Juan Pablo Gallardo" wrote: >I h...

Public Folders migration question
Hi there, I've just finished migrating all our mailboxes & public folders to a new Exchange 2k3 server (from Exch 2k). I've followed the steps in 307917 to remove the first exchange server from the site. I'd set the new server as a replication partner for all public folders (incl. system folders: Offline Address Book, OAB Version 2, Schedule+, & Internet Newsgroups), allowed for full replication to occur. I rehomed RUS & designated the new server as routing group master. Yesterday, I turned off all services on the old mail server. Today, the queue (queue name: OLD...

Excel Spreadsheets Reformat Question
I have a disk full of Excel files; I suspect they were created by exporting from an accounting program to Excel to share the financial information with others. Each of these files needs to be PDFd and Bates stamped for production in a legal matter. The problem is this: every single one of these Excel files is not formatted to display all of the information - in order to get a readable page, the columns need to be reformatted to display all of the information contained in each of them, then saved. There are literally hundreds of these files; would there be an easier way of gett...

Printing question
This is a very general question so I might miss something here but this is more of help direction than anything. I need to develop a web app (may be create a silverlight client) which reads bunch of xml and associate them appropriate XSLT and allow users to print them. What is the best way to go about doing it? Thanks, CSharper wrote: > This is a very general question so I might miss something here but > this is more of help direction than anything. > > I need to develop a web app (may be create a silverlight client) which > reads bunch of xml and associate t...

My question gets deleted
Why is my question gets deleted ? I posted twice and it got deleted twice.... I'm getting mad... who has the authority to delete posts in this group ? Julien, Your posts are there. Are you sure your newsgroup reader is not set to hide postes that have already been viewed? Marc "Julien Bonnier" <julien@m0851.com> wrote in message news:OdGmzENGJHA.1272@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Why is my question gets deleted ? > > > I posted twice and it got deleted twice.... I'm getting mad... who has the > authority to delete posts in this group ? > ...

doc/view question #3
I have a doc/view exe that I created as Explorer-style, which means that each doc has a splitter window like windows Explorer. When the user moves the splitter position, I want the doc to be able to save this info, and restore it when the doc is reopened. How can I accomplish this, since the splitter lives in the ChildFrm rather than a view? Also, how can I create MDI child windows maximized? As the help suggests, in CChildFrm I overrode the PreCreateWindow method to add the WS_MAXIMIZE style, but this didn't work. Lastly, how can I maximize the application itself? Thanks for t...

general question re jpg files
I have no problem opening jpg files when they reside in an e-mail message or even in a folder in 'Computer'. My problem is this, when I go to open a jpg file on my Desktop, nothing happens until I right click and 'Open with' and then make a choice. What don't I understand here. I'm running Vista Home Premium, SP2 and up to date with the lastest WU. Thanks, Dave Horne "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote: >I have no problem opening jpg files when they reside in an e-mail message or >even in a folder in 'Computer'. My pr...

Publisher question
Can I change a Publisher file to a .jpg or .tif format? How? sally <sally@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Can I change a Publisher file to a .jpg or .tif format? How? Publisher 2002 and 2003 you can go to File > Save As and select TIFF or JPEG format. Publisher 2000 or earlier you will need a third-party app like FinePrint (www.fineprint.com) or SnagIt (www.techsmith.com) -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher "Ed Bennett" wrote: > sally <sally@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to > utter: > &...

Basic questions
Hello, I have never seen or used Windows Server and I have a few basic questions before switching Windows XP Pro into WS 2008 R2. Will I be able to install and use other softwares normally as if I was using Windows XP? I have other servers I would like to use with it and I need to know in advance if they will be 100% compatible: Oracle XE 10g MySQL (latest version) Apache 2.2 FileZilla server Windows Media Player 12 sharing Ultra VNC So, please let me know if the above software would be OK and besides that, I would have to test some programs I develop by myself, so I ne...

Upgrade question
I am currently using M2005 Small Buisness. I would like to upgrade to M2006 Premium because we no longer have our small buisness. Does anyone know if the buisness section catagories will transfer to the new version? TIA moncho Yes, the business categories will transfer, but you won't have access to the special "Accounts Receivable" account. -- "moncho" <moncho@NOspamAMmeritech.net> wrote in message news:PDDOe.891$eQ.643@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com... >I am currently using M2005 Small Buisness. > > I would like to upgrade to M2006 Premium beca...

question #7
Hello I have a question any help would be appreciated. In column A I have around 1500 dates and in column B also,and I want to make column C that will have differences in years for every row.How can i do that? Hi C2=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"y") etc. -- Arvi Laanemets (When sending e-mail, use address arvil<At>tarkon.ee) "Crni Zeko" <innercityfirmnospam@inet.hr> wrote in message news:cl08cs$oor$1@sunce.iskon.hr... > Hello > I have a question any help would be appreciated. > In column A I have around 1500 dates and in column B also,and I want to make &g...

IF and THEN question
Hello, I have a spreadsheet where a certain column display what is to be done with the information. For example: A B C D 123 456 789 DELETE 987 654 321 ADD What I'd like to do in column E is to make a formula that says: If D1 equals DELETE, then put the value DEL in E1 If D1 had been ADD, then I would want the value PUT in E1 Does this make any sense? Thanks for any help! Thomas --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Thomas put the following in E1: =IF(D1="DELETE","DEL",IF(D1="ADD","PUT",&quo...

Question #2
Hey I have a pretty complicated question, it's probably easy for wel versed users, but I'm not sure what the cleanest way to do this is Here's what I'm doing. I'm taking a column of numbers, then in th column next to it I want to do the following =(B2/(AVERAGE(B2:B29))*75 I've figured it out to that point, but rather than adjusting each o the other cells when I use the format painter to find this value in th column, I'd like to just be able to format them all the same and hav them all find their value I hope this explains what I'm trying to do well enough,...

Compacting question
I have WinXP, OE6. My computer man made a file folder by size of my OE personal folders, so I would know which ones most badly need compacting (before I do an external backup). I prefer to compact folders individually, rather than "compact all'. Here is my question: The 4 or 5 largest ones, in addition to showing "folder name.dbx" also have a "folder name.bak". When it gets almost to the end of the compacting, I get this message: "The folder is currently in use by Outlook Express or by another application" and it quits the compacting....

Taskbar question.
I am using Windows XP with all updates. When I hover the cursor over the clock icon in the taskbar a little box appears with the whole date such as “Tuesday, March 2, 2010”. Recently that has stopped working in the fact that the description box still opens up but it is hidden behind the taskbar. I can just see the top edge of the box. After playing around I have found that un-checking the keep taskbar on top option, the description is now visible but, alas, the taskbar will soon get covered up and I want it always on top. Any suggestions on how to fix this? -- Thanks, Ro...

XmlTextWriter Usage question
I would like to store the contents of the xml created via the XmlTextWriter to a string as opposed to a file. Is this possible ? If so how ? Is this the best way to create xml that gets stored to a variable? Am I better off using the xmldom ? This is possible, in fact it's even pretty easy. Create a StringWriter that writes to a stringbuilder, or a stream based on a memory stream. Pass either of these to the XmlTextWriter, perform your operations, then pull your string out of the stringbuilder or the memory stream. It's about 3 lines of code, total... -- Chris Mullins,...