Charting using Stacked Column Graph

Excel 2002...
I think I posted this in the wrong place before.
I'm trying to chart a series that is comprised of 5 - 3
number groups.  I can chart the first group, but when I
try to add the next series, it stacks them onto the
existing columns rather than make 3 new ones.
The data looks like this (simplified):
      A1     A2     A3     B1     B2     B3
1-10  .01    .03    .58    .023   .025   .023
11-15 .012   .025   .025   .024   .588   .280
16-20 .012   .255   .158   .024   .254   .241

I get a nice chart with A1-A3...but can't add B1-B3 next
to it.
Help me, please.
Thanks,
Greta
0
anonymous (74721)

If you want side-by-side stacks, you need to do something like Stephen
Bullen's funchrt4.zip at
http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/excel/SBXLPage.asp#Charting

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <002701c3ba8a$c81d9160$a401280a@phx.gbl>,
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> Excel 2002...
> I think I posted this in the wrong place before.
> I'm trying to chart a series that is comprised of 5 - 3
> number groups.  I can chart the first group, but when I
> try to add the next series, it stacks them onto the
> existing columns rather than make 3 new ones.
> The data looks like this (simplified):
>       A1     A2     A3     B1     B2     B3
> 1-10  .01    .03    .58    .023   .025   .023
> 11-15 .012   .025   .025   .024   .588   .280
> 16-20 .012   .255   .158   .024   .254   .241
>
> I get a nice chart with A1-A3...but can't add B1-B3 next
> to it.
> Help me, please.
> Thanks,
> Greta

Greta -

Tushar and I often read questions differently.  As I see it....

Right click on the chart, choose Chart Type from the pop up menu, and
select the Clustered Column type, not the Stacked Column type.

Also, you can build the chart all at once, not just one series at a
time.  Select the entire range (or a SINGLE cell within the range), then
run the chart wizard and draw a clustered column chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
_______

Greta wrote:

> Excel 2002...
> I think I posted this in the wrong place before.
> I'm trying to chart a series that is comprised of 5 - 3
> number groups.  I can chart the first group, but when I
> try to add the next series, it stacks them onto the
> existing columns rather than make 3 new ones.
> The data looks like this (simplified):
>       A1     A2     A3     B1     B2     B3
> 1-10  .01    .03    .58    .023   .025   .023
> 11-15 .012   .025   .025   .024   .588   .280
> 16-20 .012   .255   .158   .024   .254   .241
>
> I get a nice chart with A1-A3...but can't add B1-B3 next
> to it.
> Help me, please.
> Thanks,
> Greta

Legend on Chart

How to use different return email addresses
I use outlook 98. I have a mailbox with three aliases. People sending me emails can use any of the three email aliases and the email will arrive in the same mailbox. Accessing the mailbox once will retrieve all messages regardless of which alias was used. If I reply to these emails though, I want the recipient to think that the email has come from the alias that they originally used. What outlook always seems to do is use the email address of the service that is listed first in Tools->Services->Delivery. Is there any way Outlook can be set up so when I reply to a given email, my email ...

Publisher 2003-How does one learn how to use it?
I'm disgusted with Microsoft. I purchased Microsoft 2003 with digital imaging expecting to find manuals on how to use the product. There was a manual for the digital imaging, but none for Publisher. How does one learn how to use Publisher, through osmosis? Not including an operating manual is like going into a restaurant and ordering your meal only to find out the restaurant doesn't supply silverware. Does anyone know ehere I can get a manual or training? I appreciate your responses. Ron strange you think Microsoft would care about what you think. Ron Publisher up to version...

Demographic chart?

How do I make all columns resize to
Thanks again for the super smart folks in this place, that have pulled me out of a few sticky situations Got a new one today.. I have about 6 columns in my sheet. I want to be able to resize the first column on my JAN sheet, and the changes reflect on all of the following months. I'd like to make the next column about 1/3 that size, and the following months follow suit. How can I do this, other than going through and resizing them all manually Thanks in advance - Rightmer Hi could only be done manually or with a macro. So you're probably faster doing this manually :-) -- Regards F...

Excel 2007 Line Chart with Markers

Charting/ Graph question

Is there a way to remove reports we are not using from the report
There are several reports we are not using and we would like to remove them from the report list. We don't have to remove the reports altogether, just from the available reports list... to reduce confusion for the clients. Can this be done? If so, how? thank you, Dave M this utility will help you remove reports you may want to use crystal reports to back up any you want to keep http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=81517729-f640-4f46-ba30-6b9e6f451526&DisplayLang=en "David M" <DavidM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32...

Chart in Chart

How do I create a chart....

How do i set up certain message rules using outlook 2003
Just moved from Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook 2003. However i cant work out how to make certain message rules. I'm using three email addresses and trying to create the following rule but cant work out how to do it. Heres the rule. Where the To line contains 'info@j-i-d.co.uk' Move it to the "Info" folder Would really appreciate some help here!! Thanks Lord_buy_me_a_Mercedes_Benz wrote: > Just moved from Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook 2003. However i > cant work out how to make certain message rules. > I'm using three email addresses and t...

FRx Viewer should allow mouse wheel use.
When you generate a report to the screen using FRx, it should allow you to use the mouse wheel to scroll down the page. Almost all other applications alow mouse wheel scrolling. With the latest service pack you can't even scroll using the arrow button. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click &qu...

How toChange color of first letter inEach word ofA column at once
Just imagine cell A1 "all". Now imagine cell A2 containing "ball" and then cell A3 containing "call" and so on for many more words in this A column. How can I change the color of just the first letter of every word in this column? As long as the cell contains text (not a formula and not a number), you can highlight the first letter of each cell in the formulabar and use Format|Cells (xl2003 menus) to change the font color. You could use a macro to do the work, too: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myCell As Range Dim myRng As Range ...

error using leban's ReportToPDF
Hi, and sorry for my english I would like use the ReportToPDF functions in one of my projects. When I try to generate the pdf from an access report i'm getting the following error: error '2282': The format in which you are attempting to output the current object is not available It seems that the problem is in the DoCmd.OutputTo sentence when the program is going to create the previous snapshot. I'm able of export any report to snapshot, but when I try to do it with the DoCmd.OutputTo command, I get the specified error. Any help? thanks This is an Access non Western ...

Chart items moving around

Use of the DSUM function
Who can give me a hand? I am using the function below; so far so good. DAvg("[wng_OPP_SLPK1]";"TBL_Woningen";"[wng_CFT Code] = """ & [pdt_CFT code] & """") Now I need to generate a sum on a field that contains the value "J". How can I change the function: Sum(IIf([TBL_Woningen]![wng_COD_INDCV]="J";1;0)) into a DSum function where the field to sum is wng_COD_INDCV (with the text "J"), the table TBL_Woningen and the criteria [wng_CFT Code] = """ & [pdt_CFT code] & "...

A great tip to find folders quickly using Favourite Folders in Excel
Hi everyone. I came across this great little feature in Windows 7 to add folders and locations to the =93Favourites=94 in the Excel open/create dialog. With this neat little shortcut, you can add any folder you use often, and save you having to continually hunt around for it. I've blogged it here for you http://voato.com/office/find-folders-quickly-using-favourite-folders-in-win= dows-7/ ...

How To Chart A Formula in Excel 2007

create chart from external application
Hi, I would like to know if this is possible.... I have an application that contains an hierarchical chart. I would like to export this data into a format that Visio can *understand*, and then import it into Visio and have it display in a hierarchical manner. Does any body know if this is possible to do. .....or, if there is another way of getting my data into Visio, can you please let me know. Thanks. Here is an article that describes how to automate the org chart wizard, and how to format your data: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/2002/articles/spotlight5_July00.aspx Hope ...

print a chart over multiple pages
I am trying to stretch a chart over multiple pages, but i just can't get it to work. I have tried all i can think including attempting to print areas individually. Any ideas? i'm using excel 2003. Thanks Hi, If the chart is on a chart page, this will not work. If the chart is embedded on a sheet, and you select the chart, it will not work. What you need to do is embed the chart and then select the range "behind - under" the chart, then you can use all of the print options, thereby printing one chart across multiple pages. Cheers, Shane "OEB1527" <O...