Charting Time Series Data

I want to replicate the graph format shown in the first graph of the
following article:

[url="http://www.dmreview.com/article_sub.cfm?articleId=1031173"]

I think this format would work well for my purposes, though my data is
slightly different:

Campaign/ Tracking Period /Mail or Control/ Response Rate
Jan 30-days Mail 1.25%
Jan 30-days Control 0.15%
Jan 60-days Mail 2.39%
Jan 60-days Control 0.41%
Feb 30-days Mail 1.50%
Feb 30-days Control 0.25%
Feb 60-days Mail 3.71%
Feb 60-days Control 0.98%

I'd like to have "columns" of line graphs where each column is a campaign,
the y-axis is response rate, and the x axis shows 30 and 60 day tracking
periods. Within each "column", there would be two lines -- one showing 30 and
60 day response rates for the mail group and one showing 30 and 60 day
response rates for the control group.

Any suggestions for replicating the graph in the link or otherwise
representing this on a single graph would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

0
klbva (1)

klbva

The example chart you referenced in your post is monthly cycle trend chart.
I have several Excel panel chart examples, including a monthly cycle chart
that you can download to see how I make them.

http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_monthly_cycle_chart.htm

Kelly

Remove *s for correct e-mail
***koday@processtrends.com***

"klbva" <klbva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to replicate the graph format shown in the first graph of the
> following article:
>
> [url="http://www.dmreview.com/article_sub.cfm?articleId=1031173"]
>
> I think this format would work well for my purposes, though my data is
> slightly different:
>
> Campaign/ Tracking Period /Mail or Control/ Response Rate
> Jan 30-days Mail 1.25%
> Jan 30-days Control 0.15%
> Jan 60-days Mail 2.39%
> Jan 60-days Control 0.41%
> Feb 30-days Mail 1.50%
> Feb 30-days Control 0.25%
> Feb 60-days Mail 3.71%
> Feb 60-days Control 0.98%
>
> I'd like to have "columns" of line graphs where each column is a campaign,
> the y-axis is response rate, and the x axis shows 30 and 60 day tracking
> periods. Within each "column", there would be two lines -- one showing 30
> and
> 60 day response rates for the mail group and one showing 30 and 60 day
> response rates for the control group.
>
> Any suggestions for replicating the graph in the link or otherwise
> representing this on a single graph would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks!

0
dkod (205)

Legend on Chart

Demographic chart?

Excel 2007 Line Chart with Markers

weeky time "bucket"
Looking for some advice on a sql report. I need to summarize data in weekly time "buckets". The week is defined as Sun thru Sat. The report rundate and anthing prior should be week 0, with the future weeks numbered 1, 2, 3, etc. At some point there may be a requirement to group all dates after a future date into one bucket (ie. "9+ weeks"). Any suggestions on how to accomplish numbering the weeks? Thanks in advance. Hello, > Any suggestions on how to accomplish > numbering the weeks? Are you looking for http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libra...

Charting/ Graph question

Chart in Chart

Debra Dalgleish-help with worksheet data entry
Hi Debra, I browsed your website and found this new data entry worksheet(http://contextures.com/xlForm02.html) which was very good and i showed my boss.He liked the idea of it and thus asked me to work on it.I managed to add a few more fields and it worked fine. I have a cell named "Documentation to support requirement" at B11 and its corresponding text box at D11.My problem now is that at D11, i need two kind of controls one is drop down list box for document type and another control is text box for document name.How do i achieve this? i need both of this control's answer to b...

Data summary
I have a 13 sheet report with each line a different date and each column different data, I want to puul date specific data to a summary sheet using date entry on the summary sheet ie. 04/10/10 = 04/10/10 on each line of the data sheets and I want to pull the data from column A,B,F,G I hope I have explained this clearly ...

How do I create a chart....

Format of data import from a database
I have a spreadsheet that has data imported from SQL Server or even MS Access that has dollar amount fields. The field is coming over as a text field and even if I format the cells as currency it won't apply the formatting until I actually double click in the cell and press enter. Is there a way to fix this for the entire spreadsheet so I don't have to click in each cell to force the formatting to work? This spreadsheet as over 1500 rows of data. I get this every time I export data from either SQL Server 2000 or Microsoft Access Database. Any help or information is greatly apprecia...

Chart items moving around

sort FUNCTION SPLITS DATA INTO TWO GROUPS
I'm using Excel '97. I had two versions of a spreadsheet I was using, and copied several lines of data from one and pasted them into the other. Now, when I sort the larger of the two the data separates into two groups. The pasted data (or newly added data) sorts first, and then the original material sorts as a second group. I've tried reformatting the columns, etc. and an stumped. Any ideas? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Rick assuming the data you are sorting on is numeric, it sounds as though one set of data is truly numeric data and the other is see...

How To Chart A Formula in Excel 2007

Cascading Combos in Data Access Page [DAP]
In DAP, can I have 1 control [courses] affect other 2 controls [course_date_1st_choice] and [course_date_2nd_choice]. I usually do this in Form by using Select Case but i need to know how i can manage to do it in DAP. Any help please? It's very complicated to do that in DAP. You should post in the official DAP newsgroup but this newsgroup is practically dead because very few people are still using them but Ken Snell is still often answering questions there. By looking at an old DAP file that I have here, I see that for doing this, I was storing the value of the combo...

create chart from external application
Hi, I would like to know if this is possible.... I have an application that contains an hierarchical chart. I would like to export this data into a format that Visio can *understand*, and then import it into Visio and have it display in a hierarchical manner. Does any body know if this is possible to do. .....or, if there is another way of getting my data into Visio, can you please let me know. Thanks. Here is an article that describes how to automate the org chart wizard, and how to format your data: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/2002/articles/spotlight5_July00.aspx Hope ...

Finance problem
Hi, I have worked through about half of this problem, but am now stuck, an would be very grateful for any help. This involves retrieving data fro a long list of shares and prices based on inputs of company code an date. References refer to attached sheet.The unusual date formatting i because I am from England. I have data in three columns. In column A a company code (eg. uu), in a date (eg. 23/06/2004), and in C a price (eg. 23) In F1 input of company code, in F2 input of date. When BOTH thes inputs match in the SAME row in columns A and B respectively, I want t return that row number an...

How to import data from Excel that has password protected shee?
I used the Spreadsheettransfer but it did not work. thanks! What did not work about it? -- Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas "Boon" wrote: > I used the Spreadsheettransfer but it did not work. > > thanks! > > > . > this did not work... I have a vba code that will import the data from the excel file. I open the excel file,import it and close it. But I think I have the problem with closing it.The VBA works fine, but when I reopen the excel file from the file inself, it says something about the Read Only, Notify...... ...

print a chart over multiple pages
I am trying to stretch a chart over multiple pages, but i just can't get it to work. I have tried all i can think including attempting to print areas individually. Any ideas? i'm using excel 2003. Thanks Hi, If the chart is on a chart page, this will not work. If the chart is embedded on a sheet, and you select the chart, it will not work. What you need to do is embed the chart and then select the range "behind - under" the chart, then you can use all of the print options, thereby printing one chart across multiple pages. Cheers, Shane "OEB1527" <O...

Embed Chart
Is it possible to link a chart into my current worksheet like an embedded chart (or something)? Thanx. Brian - I'm not sure what you're asking. If you copy a chart from one workbook (or worksheet) and paste it into another, it will retain its links to the original source of its data. You can change its source data (to its new parent worksheet) using Source Data from the Chart menu. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ briank wrote: > Is it possible to link a chart into my current worksheet > like an...

Excel Data Sort Help
Hello Everyone. I have an excel sorting problem that I could use some help with. Here goes: I have a list of phone number ids that are associated with a customer number. I also have a phone number that is associated with the phone number id. What I am trying to do is sort the phone numbers to match the customer numbers. This would be done by sorting the phone number ids to match the sequence that they are attached to the customer id. Example Phone ID Customer ID Phone ID Phone Number 0183 1 0001 (555) 555-5555 0001 ...