Charting Ranges

I have some ranges I want to chart - There are only six
values - They consist low ranges high ranges.  The raw
data is as follows:

Room Temperature 1:
Low Range: 32
High Range: 256

Room Temperature 2:
Low Range: 2
High Range: 64

Room Temperature 3:
Low Range: 0
High Range: 2

How can I chart this on one chart - I want the scale to
be from 0 - 256 and just have 3 bars to show the
different ranges.  Every time I try to chart it using
different charts, the lower values don't show much of a
bar because the Room temperature 1 range is so high.  How
would I arrange this data?  What chart should I use?

Thank you

0
anonymous (74717)

Hi Joyce -

Even if you made your scale 0 - 64, the values for RT 3 will be very small. If you
only have three pairs of data, do you really need a chart? Make a nice table:

                       Low   High
Room Temperature 1     32    256
Room Temperature 2      2     64
Room Temperature 3      0      0

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Joyce wrote:

> I have some ranges I want to chart - There are only six
> values - They consist low ranges high ranges.  The raw
> data is as follows:
>
> Room Temperature 1:
> Low Range: 32
> High Range: 256
>
> Room Temperature 2:
> Low Range: 2
> High Range: 64
>
> Room Temperature 3:
> Low Range: 0
> High Range: 2
>
> How can I chart this on one chart - I want the scale to
> be from 0 - 256 and just have 3 bars to show the
> different ranges.  Every time I try to chart it using
> different charts, the lower values don't show much of a
> bar because the Room temperature 1 range is so high.  How
> would I arrange this data?  What chart should I use?
>
> Thank you

Legend on Chart

Demographic chart?

E2003 naming ranges correctly
Hi! Even though I named the ranges in my excel workbook, I cannot properly import excel contacts into Outlook. Not even when the excel data was originally exported from Outlook! In the import dialog box, the actions to be performed field 'doesn't show only 1 excel file to import, but al the column headers of the file as seperate items. I can only map custom fields per item. The result of such import is very strange. I found out converting the excel file first in an access db and than importing that access file in Outlook contacts, is an easy work around. But I get really sic...

Summing numbers between a date range
I need to sum values in a row of data where the date in the column of the row falls within a certain date range. Here is an example of the data. The data to be summed is in sheet one and the dates used for the criteria are in sheet 2. Sheet_1: col a col b col c col d Nov 15/92 Feb 15/93 Sep 15/93 Feb 15/94 15.00 20.00 30.00 10.00 Sheet_2: col a col b Jan 1/93 Dec 31/93 Jan 2/94 Dec 31/94 I basically want to sum the data in Sheet_1 that is between a date range based on Sheet_2. For example, sum values in sheet_...

Excel 2007 Line Chart with Markers

Vb ranges
Hello all I am defining a range in an application: Set rnge = range("csv_update") this works great as long as the code is executed from the worksheet that the range is on. I would like to hide this sheet and execute the code on a sheet (in the same workbook) called "Monitor". How can I get a hold of the range on a hidden worksheet from a button on the "Monitor" worksheet (or any other worksheet for that matter)? Many thanks maybe try Set rnge = Worksheets("hidden_sheet_name").range("csv_update") -- HTH Bob Phillips (repla...

Charting/ Graph question

Chart in Chart

Trouble with Pivot Tables & Named Ranges
Can I use a dynamic named range setup in one file as a range in pivot tables in another file? When I have the data source file (with the named range) and the pivot report files open, the pivot reports update just fine. But the moment I close the source data, the pivot reports no longer can update and I get a message that the source can't be found. If I reopen the source, the pivot tables work fine again - but as soon as I close it up, the reports no longer work. The source file is very large and I don't want to open it every time I have to update all the reports tha...

How do I create a chart....

Hidden Cell/Ranges Calculations
Hi there! Am using excel 2002 SP3, whenever I used Sum or Autosum function in range, it's still calculating and including my hidden rows & columns. Is there any way, options, add-ins or settings that can help me eliminate and exclude those hidden cells in my calculations? Any help will be greatly appreciated, I've tried "save-as" to other formats (xls & dbf) and it's still showing, custom views and advance filter doesn't seem to help either. Thanks in advance guys... John, try this: =SUBTOTAL(9,"Your Range Here") -The 9 means Sum David...

Chart items moving around

How To Chart A Formula in Excel 2007

create chart from external application
Hi, I would like to know if this is possible.... I have an application that contains an hierarchical chart. I would like to export this data into a format that Visio can *understand*, and then import it into Visio and have it display in a hierarchical manner. Does any body know if this is possible to do. .....or, if there is another way of getting my data into Visio, can you please let me know. Thanks. Here is an article that describes how to automate the org chart wizard, and how to format your data: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/2002/articles/spotlight5_July00.aspx Hope ...

print a chart over multiple pages
I am trying to stretch a chart over multiple pages, but i just can't get it to work. I have tried all i can think including attempting to print areas individually. Any ideas? i'm using excel 2003. Thanks Hi, If the chart is on a chart page, this will not work. If the chart is embedded on a sheet, and you select the chart, it will not work. What you need to do is embed the chart and then select the range "behind - under" the chart, then you can use all of the print options, thereby printing one chart across multiple pages. Cheers, Shane "OEB1527" <O...

Embed Chart
Is it possible to link a chart into my current worksheet like an embedded chart (or something)? Thanx. Brian - I'm not sure what you're asking. If you copy a chart from one workbook (or worksheet) and paste it into another, it will retain its links to the original source of its data. You can change its source data (to its new parent worksheet) using Source Data from the Chart menu. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ briank wrote: > Is it possible to link a chart into my current worksheet > like an...

Names on a Bubble Chart
Hi There, I am wondering on how I can put the "names" on my bubbles...? I've the following data where I would like to make a bubble chart with ... The bubble chart in itself works fine, I just do not manage to get the corresponding name (Product1, 2,...) on each bubble: NS AGP Growth Product1 9,052,494 22 (31) Product2 1,574,341 32 (25) Product3 1,759,511 3 (45) Product4 1,539,132 13 (69) Any thoughts? Jen ...

A Chart in a Chart ?
Is it possible to create a chart within another chart? If not - Is it possible to view a chart within another chart? Jim -- jamesasmithsr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jamesasmithsr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24101 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=377093 you can save a chart inside a second chart. Make the first chart and have it on its own sheet make the second chart and set its location as an object in the first chart sheet "jamesasmithsr" wrot...

Excel Chart Source Data
Is it possible to update Excel Chart Source Data for Multiple Chart where the ranges are exactly the same? We have a large workbook containing 25 worksheets with charts that ar linked to another Master Workbook. The charts display data for a rolling 12 month timescale and so th source data needs to be manually updated each month to reflect th current rolling 12 month timescale e.g May 2003 to April 2004 cell range A1:Z1 would need to be updated t reflect June 2003 to May 2004 to B1:AA1 There are 100 charts so manually updating the Source Data is tim consuming-as the cell references are the ...

Finding 'optimum' values in a range
Hi there! Can any one here help me with the following problem : I have several (harddrive)images, of different sizes. These images need to backup to DVD-roms. So what i've done is that i've placed all the images sizes in a sheet, and now i'd like excel to find out which image-sizes add up to 4.7 GB - or as close as possible to this. (if i simply burn 2 images on DVD i'll need to many DVD's) I've tried several different ways of adding the images sizes and conditional format the sheet, to find which size is closest to 4.7GB. The problem with just adding the values...