Charting: Displaying cumulative totals at top of stacked columns

Hi,

I'm having some trouble displaying the cumulative total at the TOP of each
of my two stacked columns.  Right now, only one of the columns have the total
value on top while the other one has it in the middle.  To be more specific,
this is the exact scenario:
I'm trying to graph the revenue data of 2005 and expected of 2009.  So there
are two stacked columns in this graph.  And these columns can be stacked by
different product revenues.  I want to show the cumulative total of each
stacked column, but the shorter 2005 column displays the total value half-way
up the column instead of at the top of the column.  I used the steps
recommended by the following website:
   http://www.andypope.info/charts/StackColTotal.htm
but I still can't solve this problem.

Any help would be much appreciated!  And I have an example file if that
would make the question clearer.

Thanks in advance,
Jean
0
Jean (71)

Hi Jean,

If you want to email me the example file I will take a look see.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Legend on Chart

Demographic chart?

How do I make all columns resize to
Thanks again for the super smart folks in this place, that have pulled me out of a few sticky situations Got a new one today.. I have about 6 columns in my sheet. I want to be able to resize the first column on my JAN sheet, and the changes reflect on all of the following months. I'd like to make the next column about 1/3 that size, and the following months follow suit. How can I do this, other than going through and resizing them all manually Thanks in advance - Rightmer Hi could only be done manually or with a macro. So you're probably faster doing this manually :-) -- Regards F...

Excel 2007 Line Chart with Markers

Want bill calendar on desk top
How can I get the bill calendar to be available to my desk top? "Daryl" <Daryl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08DF241B-26AF-4703-81A1-E8EA996AAC58@microsoft.com... > How can I get the bill calendar to be available to my desk top? You can't. ...

Charting/ Graph question

how could i capture the event when my computer switch display device?
laptop could redirect the display output to another device by pressing Fn + special key, how could i know this happened? i have searched msdn for sometime, hanvn't found any window message related. does anyone know ? "thinktwice" <memorialday@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ea3d8cfa-2c80-445f-899e-630ec0bd9239@a8g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > laptop could redirect the display output to another device by pressing > Fn + special key, how could i know this happened? i have searched msdn > for sometime, hanvn't found any window message related. does anyone > ...

Chart in Chart

How do I create a chart....

Database Display
I'm new to Access 2007 and I'm sure this is easily sorted and I'm just being stupid! All of my forms and reports are maximised across the entire screen and there isn't a button to minimise them. I want to view them at the actual size that I've specified in their design, in their own window. Any ideas?? Tray: That is called the new Tabbed format. To change it to what you are used to, take a look at my little quick tutorial here: http://www.btabdevelopment.com/main/QuickTutorials/A2K7Howtochangefromtabbedforms/tabid/81/Default.aspx -- Bob Larson Access World Forums...

How toChange color of first letter inEach word ofA column at once
Just imagine cell A1 "all". Now imagine cell A2 containing "ball" and then cell A3 containing "call" and so on for many more words in this A column. How can I change the color of just the first letter of every word in this column? As long as the cell contains text (not a formula and not a number), you can highlight the first letter of each cell in the formulabar and use Format|Cells (xl2003 menus) to change the font color. You could use a macro to do the work, too: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myCell As Range Dim myRng As Range ...

Chart items moving around

How a row or column can be fixed so as no person can click inside
i want to know that how can a person fix a row or a column in excel as u have done in ur templates for eg. in invioice , time etc. u have not allowed any person to even click in the cell where there is a formula. how u have done this. First, you select the cells the user can change. Then Format/Cells, select the Protection tab, and uncheck Locked. Then go to Tools/Protection and protect the worksheet. You'll have options there as to what the user can and can't do. One is to disallow selecting locked cells. On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 22:03:01 -0700, vineshwar <vineshwar@discussions.mi...

Numeric Column Notation in EXCEL 2007
My EXCEL 2007 has switched to Numeric column notation and I can't switch find how to switch it back to Alphameric. As it sits, cell designations must be written R1C1, R1C2 etc. rather than A1,B1 etc. HELP. I know this sounds simple but EXCEL 2007 is substantially different from earlier versions: There is no "tools" There is no "default." I need help to set it back. -- wwnexcelerator Click the Office button (top left corner), choose Excel Options, Formula tab. There it is. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "wwells" <wwells@di...

Outlook is "always on top"
My Outlook 03 is all of the sudden "always on top". Meaning that I have to minimize Outlook to see any of my other programs on my desk top, as it does not go behind them as it usually would. I am sure I have bumped a setting somewhere to make it do this. Does anyone know where that setting is so I can change it back? On 3/22/2010 8:08 PM, Raindance wrote: > My Outlook 03 is all of the sudden "always on top". Meaning that I have to > minimize Outlook to see any of my other programs on my desk top, as it does > not go behind them as it usually would. I a...

How To Chart A Formula in Excel 2007

Create a numerical sequence in a column: From 1 to ....
I want to automatically generate a sequence of numbers from 1 to....X without typing them all. How? Depechez wrote: > I want to automatically generate a sequence of numbers from 1 to....X without > typing them all. How? Hi Depechez, You could type in 1 in A1 and 2 in A2. Then highlight them and pull the autofill handle (The little black square in the buttom right cornor of your highligted selection) to the row you want to. Regards, Bondi In A1 enter 1 In A2 enter 2 Select both cells and drag/copy down column A as far as you wish. OR Enter 1 in A1 In name box enter A1:A12300 ...

In icon view ListCtrl,how to display 5 rows text per item?
In general,ListCtrl of icon view can display only 2 rows of text per item(the remaining will display in "..."),but now i want to display 5 rows,how can i do that? thanks! Hi, I believe you will have to resort to owner drawing the items. Regards Chris "yangxiaoxiang" <littlewarm@163.com> wrote in message news:%23eUOjzNWDHA.208@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > In general,ListCtrl of icon view can display only 2 rows of text per > item(the remaining will display in "..."),but now i want to display 5 > rows,how can i do that? > thanks! > > T...

create chart from external application
Hi, I would like to know if this is possible.... I have an application that contains an hierarchical chart. I would like to export this data into a format that Visio can *understand*, and then import it into Visio and have it display in a hierarchical manner. Does any body know if this is possible to do. .....or, if there is another way of getting my data into Visio, can you please let me know. Thanks. Here is an article that describes how to automate the org chart wizard, and how to format your data: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/2002/articles/spotlight5_July00.aspx Hope ...

Display Internet Headers
Hi: When I try to view internet headers of my email by doing the view/options/ the "internet header" field is blank and not "active"[grayed out so to speak]. I would like to be able to view internet headers of my eMail. Idea of what I'm doing wrong to make this function? thank you much. This usually happens in an Exchange organization. Where is the mail being sent from? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. Afte...