Charting Dated Data

I have a small file, using only 6 rows and 6 columns.  A1 has the word Date
in it, A2 through A6 has the dates, 1/1/08, 1/8/08, 1/15/08, 1/22/08, and
1/29/08.
B2 through B6 has person's names and the cells from B2 through E6 contains
numerical data.  I am attempting to create a column chart, with the weekly
dates on the X axis and the names in the legend, each column represents an
individual.
The problem is I am getting a lot of dates between the entered dates, every
other day is showing up on the X axis, cluttering up the axis and setting the
column widths very narrow.  The gap width is around 10.
I need to supress those unwanted dates and widen the columns in the chart.
Any suggestions to explain this behaviour.
Thank you
Marsh
0
Marsh (25)

Correction, that is B1 through E1 that contains the names.  I was thinking
ahead

"Marsh" wrote:

> I have a small file, using only 6 rows and 6 columns.  A1 has the word Date
> in it, A2 through A6 has the dates, 1/1/08, 1/8/08, 1/15/08, 1/22/08, and
> 1/29/08.
> B2 through B6 has person's names and the cells from B2 through E6 contains
> numerical data.  I am attempting to create a column chart, with the weekly
> dates on the X axis and the names in the legend, each column represents an
> individual.
> The problem is I am getting a lot of dates between the entered dates, every
> other day is showing up on the X axis, cluttering up the axis and setting the
> column widths very narrow.  The gap width is around 10.
> I need to supress those unwanted dates and widen the columns in the chart.
> Any suggestions to explain this behaviour.
> Thank you
> Marsh
0
Marsh (25)

Legend on Chart

Demographic chart?

Summing numbers between a date range
I need to sum values in a row of data where the date in the column of the row falls within a certain date range. Here is an example of the data. The data to be summed is in sheet one and the dates used for the criteria are in sheet 2. Sheet_1: col a col b col c col d Nov 15/92 Feb 15/93 Sep 15/93 Feb 15/94 15.00 20.00 30.00 10.00 Sheet_2: col a col b Jan 1/93 Dec 31/93 Jan 2/94 Dec 31/94 I basically want to sum the data in Sheet_1 that is between a date range based on Sheet_2. For example, sum values in sheet_...

Excel 2007 Line Chart with Markers

Charting/ Graph question

Chart in Chart

Debra Dalgleish-help with worksheet data entry
Hi Debra, I browsed your website and found this new data entry worksheet(http://contextures.com/xlForm02.html) which was very good and i showed my boss.He liked the idea of it and thus asked me to work on it.I managed to add a few more fields and it worked fine. I have a cell named "Documentation to support requirement" at B11 and its corresponding text box at D11.My problem now is that at D11, i need two kind of controls one is drop down list box for document type and another control is text box for document name.How do i achieve this? i need both of this control's answer to b...

Data summary
I have a 13 sheet report with each line a different date and each column different data, I want to puul date specific data to a summary sheet using date entry on the summary sheet ie. 04/10/10 = 04/10/10 on each line of the data sheets and I want to pull the data from column A,B,F,G I hope I have explained this clearly ...

How do I create a chart....

Format of data import from a database
I have a spreadsheet that has data imported from SQL Server or even MS Access that has dollar amount fields. The field is coming over as a text field and even if I format the cells as currency it won't apply the formatting until I actually double click in the cell and press enter. Is there a way to fix this for the entire spreadsheet so I don't have to click in each cell to force the formatting to work? This spreadsheet as over 1500 rows of data. I get this every time I export data from either SQL Server 2000 or Microsoft Access Database. Any help or information is greatly apprecia...

Date Problem #2
When I type 31/11/03 in a cell it will not follow the same format as the rest of the dates I have typed in. Can anyone please tell me why? I am using Excel from Office 2000 on XP Home Operating System. If that is referring to the 31st of November, unless there is a new leap year for November, Excel would be confused. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Gary Pickett" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A29ECE7C-4333-4D8D-818F-EF29CD835845@microsoft.com... > When I type 31/11/03 in a cell it will not follow the same format as the rest ...

Chart items moving around

Filter in between dates
Hi Everyone, Using Excel 2003. I have a list of patients who were on a particular therapy and in a certain unit. Many where on the therapy in other units before getting transferred or on the therapy after they left. I need to find the patients who started on a therapy after they arrived in a unit and who were off the therapy before they left the unit. My Date units show me Date and Time in the same field. They are named.. PtLocStDtTm PtLocEndDtTm PtThpyStDtTm PtThpyEndDtTm Thanks, Linda If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You se...

sort FUNCTION SPLITS DATA INTO TWO GROUPS
I'm using Excel '97. I had two versions of a spreadsheet I was using, and copied several lines of data from one and pasted them into the other. Now, when I sort the larger of the two the data separates into two groups. The pasted data (or newly added data) sorts first, and then the original material sorts as a second group. I've tried reformatting the columns, etc. and an stumped. Any ideas? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Rick assuming the data you are sorting on is numeric, it sounds as though one set of data is truly numeric data and the other is see...

How To Chart A Formula in Excel 2007

Cascading Combos in Data Access Page [DAP]
In DAP, can I have 1 control [courses] affect other 2 controls [course_date_1st_choice] and [course_date_2nd_choice]. I usually do this in Form by using Select Case but i need to know how i can manage to do it in DAP. Any help please? It's very complicated to do that in DAP. You should post in the official DAP newsgroup but this newsgroup is practically dead because very few people are still using them but Ken Snell is still often answering questions there. By looking at an old DAP file that I have here, I see that for doing this, I was storing the value of the combo...

Sort documents by date in Apply Sales Documents window
Is it possible to add VB code to the Apply Sales Documents window to sort the documents by Document Date instead of Document Number? If so, does anyone have that code? ...

create chart from external application
Hi, I would like to know if this is possible.... I have an application that contains an hierarchical chart. I would like to export this data into a format that Visio can *understand*, and then import it into Visio and have it display in a hierarchical manner. Does any body know if this is possible to do. .....or, if there is another way of getting my data into Visio, can you please let me know. Thanks. Here is an article that describes how to automate the org chart wizard, and how to format your data: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/2002/articles/spotlight5_July00.aspx Hope ...

print a chart over multiple pages
I am trying to stretch a chart over multiple pages, but i just can't get it to work. I have tried all i can think including attempting to print areas individually. Any ideas? i'm using excel 2003. Thanks Hi, If the chart is on a chart page, this will not work. If the chart is embedded on a sheet, and you select the chart, it will not work. What you need to do is embed the chart and then select the range "behind - under" the chart, then you can use all of the print options, thereby printing one chart across multiple pages. Cheers, Shane "OEB1527" <O...

Embed Chart
Is it possible to link a chart into my current worksheet like an embedded chart (or something)? Thanx. Brian - I'm not sure what you're asking. If you copy a chart from one workbook (or worksheet) and paste it into another, it will retain its links to the original source of its data. You can change its source data (to its new parent worksheet) using Source Data from the Chart menu. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ briank wrote: > Is it possible to link a chart into my current worksheet > like an...